[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

herniated disc - deadlift and squat substitute

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Herniated-Disc.jpg (32KB, 460x300px) Image search: [Google]
Herniated-Disc.jpg
32KB, 460x300px
I've just herinated a disc in my lumbar column during a badly executed deadlift. It was probably already weakened and prone to it due to an old injury of my lower back i also had from a deadlifting incident. So this is not the first time.

In short: i'm done with deadlifting and also squats. fuck being huge, not taking chances anymore. I just want to be healthy at this point.

I was thinking dumbbell lunges and maybe some faggot body weight stuff for the erector spinae.

Any suggestions?
>>
bump?
>>
>>38426963
See a chiro.
>>
stair machine

literally all you need for legs
>>
>>38427126
no, see a real doctor.
>>
>>38427126
a bone breaker for a leaking body gel sac?

>>38427161
we don't have one of those i'm afraid.
>>
>>38427184
already did.
tl;dr he said "yeah herniated disc, take a break and go back to whatever exercise works for you without pain".
>>
>>38426963
You dun goofed. You can do leg press and other pussy stuff, but you gotta remember to keep the form correct on those as well. You don't want to explode your knees as well, do you?
>>
>>38427211
oh i'm way ahead of you: ripped acl apart about a year ago. had surgery and am still in recovery
>>
>>38426963
1. Give it a couple of weeks off to start healing.
2. Grow some fucking balls.
3. Go back to babby weight, squat and deadlift, and fucking do it properly this time because now you know why you have to.

>but this was a totally isolated incident and I have never performed this exercise without rigorously maintained form as evidenced by this having never happened before oh wait

Acknowledge you fucked up, rehab your back the only way that actually fucking works, and come out of it better off.
>>
>>38427237
will definitely consider this after some time has passed and i feel confident again, thanks
>>
>>38427229
seriously dude - working out injury free is the only important thing in this stuff. Getting bigger and stronger comes second. You know why Eddie Hall did 500kg deadlift? He stayed injury free through his career. Do your research first.
>>
what about stiff legged deadlifts?
>>
>>38427307
yeah too late for that now
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.