[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/owg/ - dead sport edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 8

Olympic weightlifting general
>>
>>38426644
First for white people MUST pay reparations to Blacks for slavery.
>>
>>38426644
At what point is it acceptable to start training or get a coach for Oly lifting? I'm not even close to 1/2/3/4, so I'm sure most will say to get a lot stronger. I'm just wondering when /fit/ thinks it's appropriate to start focusing on oly liftan
>>
>>38426906
Get one immediately, your strength is irrelevant.

You will be much happier having good efficiency in the classics vs strength lifts. It is much easier to increase your strength and maintain good technique, than be strong with bad technique and try and hammer out your bad technique.
>>
>>38426906
Immediately. Ideally from the beginning.
>>
>>38426790
What about Arabs and other blacks? They contributed more to slavery than the white men who died for its abolition.
>>
>>38426977
Alright. Well I guess I better look for a trainer lol
>>
>>38427137
whites are evil and directly responsible for Black slavery in the USA. Pay up
>>
>>38427286
The b8 is real
>>
File: AcclaimedAcrobaticGannet.webm (194KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
AcclaimedAcrobaticGannet.webm
194KB, 480x640px
Is this good tech?
>>
>>38427614

The biggies:

>Hand position too wide
>You are starting from too low a position
>Focus on getting those elbows up
>Keep head up and looking forward while lowering for safety. This will stop you from rounding your back and a potential lower back strain
>Consider learning the old school SPLIT clean. you're still young, but it's likely to late too learn a full squat clean. however ANYONE can split clean/snatch and it'll allow you to get more weight up. here for form: ditillo2.blogspot(DOTcoDOTuk)/2011/11/two-hands-clean-jerk-george-popplewell.html

Good luck.
>>
>>38427748
>Consider learning the old school SPLIT clean. you're still young, but it's likely to late too learn a full squat clean.
fuck off troll
>>
File: image.jpg (69KB, 590x882px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69KB, 590x882px
>>38426790

Come on pham
>>
>>38427789

The squat clean is a highly technical movement that requires a lot of tecniuqe training and for a novice mobility work.

By contrast, anyone will be easily surpassing their max power clean within a month of training the split clean.

You can get more weight up with the squat clean/snatch, but for most looking to play around with olympic lifts the split is a much better alternative.
>>
>>38427847
>You can get more weight up with the squat clean/snatch

Cont...

...if the movement is 'mastered'. (Though, like someone starting 'gymnastics' and wanting to do an iron cross, mastery is very unlikely.)
>>
>>38427614

Not, like, great, but looking a hell of a lot better, blueshoes. Your rack, in particular, is greatly improved.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160823-171637.jpg (805KB, 1266x1465px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160823-171637.jpg
805KB, 1266x1465px
>>38427847
Fuck off kid. I already squat clean more than you and have superior technique.
>>
>>38427614
Honestly it looks bretty gud. The lad has made technique gains.
>>
>>38427955

You're a fleshy twig-armed geek who can offer nothing by way of contrasting opinion.
>>
>>38427847
What a load of bullshit
>>
File: 1463332123597.gif (998KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1463332123597.gif
998KB, 300x300px
>>38426790
>GEORGIANS have to pay for black slavery

Nigga u do realise the Georgian people were enslaved and brough to Turkey, etc. Not only black people got slaved fucking retard.
>>
File: 1471943284673.png (280KB, 664x602px) Image search: [Google]
1471943284673.png
280KB, 664x602px
>>38428616
/thread
>>
If I sign up for an oly gym, will they teach me to squat in addition to the two movements?

I can't progress on my squat even if my life depended on it. Squatting 85kg 5x5 @ 80kg BW
>>
>>38427614
try catching lower it will be useful when the weights get heavier
>>
>>38428819
kys
>>
>>38427748
Don't listen to this retard
>>
/fit/ What do I do if I want to attend the next summer olympics with my national olympic weightlifting team? What should my routine be to progress on my C&J and Snatch? Also is it humanely possible to become an olympic level weightlifter before the 2020 Tokyo olympics?
>>
>>38427955
>sunglasses
>>
>>38429409
Yeah B group for sure
>>
>>38429409
buy tickets and watch from the stands
>>
>>38428819

Yes. Squatting is one of the most used accessory movements in olympic lifting.

Though consider why you are stalling:

1) Not squatting enough? 2xWeek minimum. 2) Deloading too often? If you can't hit 5 reps don't think of deloading until you can squat a lot more. If you can only get 3, add a rep per session/week until you hit 5. 3) 5x5 was/is a 'prep' program. Consider going with a strength program. 5/4/3/2/1 in 5kg jumps is the basic. 4) Staleness? See 3
>>
>>38426644
Need a good resource to properly learn the clean catching position.

Had Everett's book but former lap is kill and can't find it anywhere.
Any other good option?
>>
>>38429647
Just check catalyst athletics, will give you 90% of the info you need probably.
>>
>>38429690
>catalyst athletics
checking it right now
tx
>>
>>38426906
You don't need to be extremely strong to build technique, start learning the snatch and clean and jerk asap.
>>
>>38427614
No, just stop lifting Jacob, you're never going to make it.
>>
Redpill me on lifting with an herniated disk.
>>
>>38431204
you should probably talk to a doctor, not a bunch of autismos on a cantonese cartoon-themed board.
>>
bumping
>>
So squat vs split
Pros and cons?
>>
>>38432833
For jerks, squat jerking is good if you have the leverages, technique, and strength to do it, and have found you can move more weight with the squat over the split.

There's literally no reason to do the split unless you just cannot do a full squat if you're talking about split snatch vs clean.
>>
>>38432833
For jerks? Or are you still thinking about split cleans like that one retarded anon suggested?

Theoretically, you can do more weight with squat jerking. Though it's a lot more technical and easier to miss early.

Split cleans are just retarded. I learned how to full clean in three months, it can be done. Anon just has a fixed mindset
>>
>>38432992
Jerks
Didn't even know it was a thing for cleans
>>
>>38433129
yeah, it's normally not. Some anon was just being retarded earlier
>>
>>38427614

wow you're actually a lot better than before
>>
>>38433148
bruh there are some retard crossfitters out there who do split snatches and cleans as part of their wods, you never know.
>>
Are there any movements that have very good carryover to powercleans?

I'm going to be getting weightlifting coaching in two months, and in the meantime I wanted to have a movement I can do that has good carryover to what I personally want to learn, rather than trying to practice the actual movement and ingrain bad motor patterns desu
>>
>>38433370
>crossfitters
>>
File: american on manual transmission.png (13KB, 1065x75px) Image search: [Google]
american on manual transmission.png
13KB, 1065x75px
Brehs I've got a glute mobility/flexibility imbalance. Is it alright to just stretch my perfect tight ass on just the tighter side until the imbalance is gone?
>>
>>38429483
At 80kg bw you should be doing way more than 85 5x5 before you change. I can squat over 2x bw and still get a lot out of lp
>>
>>38432921
Even if you can't full squat snatch or clean, power would still be better than split for most people. If you look at masters lifters, it's only the really old guys who split and it's often because they learnt that when they were young as it was the in vogue style. The people who lack flexibility just do powers and there's still some big numbers being done. Saw a guy go 115/150 and he powered both
>>
>>38433446
Pls respond
>>
>>38431361
Just talked to a doctor but I'm not convinced with the conclusion "it's just muscular pain". Maybe I should get a second opinion somewhere else, don't want to into snap city.
>>
>>38433446
>>38434488
>Not very technical
Clean deadlifts
"explosive" deadlifts
RDLs/SLDLs
>Decently technical
Hang Power cleans
Hang Pulls
Clean Pulls
>>
>>38434561
desu you should probably do Fsquats as well
>>
Lads I wanna get into oly but my flexibility is not quite on point. I already stretch hams/hip flexors/shoulders/quads every workout(3x a week) but I cant seem to get into a good fsquat position still. Am I forgetting to stretch something real important or do I need to up the frequency?
>>
>>38434647
Could be 10000 reasons why you can't into Fsquats.
Do you have a picture of yourself front squatting or at least squatting?

Generally what is holding people back in terms of their Fsquat-mobility is the following
>Thoracic mobility
lats, traps etc
>Hip mobility
already working on this, good for you
>ankle mobility
If you don't have god tier hip mobility or very nice squat leverages you will need good ankle mobility to get into a proper fsquat

If all of those areas are on point and you're still having issues you might just have awkward leverages for squatting.
If you have very long femurs and a short torso you will need exceptional mobility to get into a proper frontsquat.
You might also have some issues depending on arm length and so on as that will fuck with your grip a bit - usually this is a non issue though
>>
>>38434647
>>38434680
If it wasn't clear enough, those areas are in order of importance for what people generally struggle with.

Thoracic mobility is usually the number 1 thing that people struggle with. Hips are a close second. Ankle mobility is *generally* just an added bonus of being able to stay even more upright (although some fuckers have literally exceptional ankle mobility which helps them a lot).

Hamstring/Quads/Shoulders while all important areas to stretch shouldn't affect your fsquat all that much
>>
>>38434680
>>38434697
I appreciate the input, though I was under the impression that ankle mobility is the most important thing. From what you've said I think I lack thoracic mobility since I dont stretch that at all. I generally just have trouble staying upright and it feels like I lack ankle flexibility to assume a comfortable ATG position in any squat really.
Do you think stretching 3x a week is fine? I'm usually rather sedentary besides that and I feel like it impacts my flexibility quite a bit. Just feels weird stretching without being properly warmed up after a good work out.
>>
>>38434756
It could be that it is your ankle mobility that is holding you back the most, it's just usually more than just that though. And supposing you have WL-shoes it really shouldn't bother you to much (unless you have VERY poor ankle mobility).
Again, do you have any pictures or access to a camera? A lot easier to help you then.

>Stretching 3x a week
Stretching is a bit of a fucky subject desu. I'll divide this into two different types of stretches in order for it to make more sense
>Yoga
You are stretching for at least 30min and getting into funky positions for funky positions sake. You enjoy stretching and the goal of life is to self-blowjob.
If this is the case, stretching should be done at a minimum of 3 times a week.
>Stretching for performance
You are stretching in order to get better on the platform (oly/pl). You don't give a shit about doing the splits or sucking your own dick.
More than likely this is you but I just wanted to differentiate between the two.

In the second example the ROM you gain is fairly temporary as you're spending 5-20min of stretching (guessing).
You are more in the land of "activating" muscles and "realizing" mobility more so than gaining *more* mobility (as you would in "yoga"). That isn't to say that you won't experience more mobility, you will. However, I recommend stretching prior to lifting. Stretch and get into the positions you want to be in while lifting just before you start lifting. Your body will then be ready to assume said positions under load. Make sure you lower the weights just slightly for a week or two so you're actually able to maintain the newfound positions.

>you're full of shit fucking broscience
I'm explaining it like an idiot, I'm very sorry. Check out Quinn Henoch of Juggenaut - he goes in depth with this shit.
I would mainly look at his "Stretching is not the answer" and "Mobility/Stability" videos. He has a lot of other shit that is also very valuable information but that's where I would start.
>>
>>38434647
fk off ed
>>
>>38434882
Different anon but to add to this;

I'm very inflexible (basically power all snatches because of inability to get a good receive) and I really hammered stretching for a while... Every day, twice a day. Initially it made a big leap forward, but then my body felt worse. Remember stretching hard is going inoact your CNS. You have to be sensible, know when to back off etc just like with lifting. This I think is the benefit of yoga, it's a bit more all round and you won't be putting yourself in the same harsh stretches every session.
>>
Dudes, boyonka kostova can fs 200kg, so why is her best sn only 118? I know lads hitting around that number who dont even back squat 200
>>
>>38434882
My phone is an old piece of shit so its unlikely that I'll be able to post pics.
I do stretch before lifting and I own decent wl shoes(adidas pp2.0s). I also have taken slight deloads across the board just to go a bit lower on squats to stretch out a bit more. Again, thanks a lot for the help, I'll watch the guy you mentioned and just keep on stretching.
>>
>>38434972
Cool! Good luck with it.
You haven't mentioned it, but look at your squat stance as well. For some reason a lot of people think they need to stand very narrow while squatting (which puts a TON of emphasis on having crazy ankle mobility)
However, if you look at top end lifters there are quite a few who stand with a shoulder-wide stance. Lu Xiaojun and Mohammed Ehab to name two just off the top of my head.
>>
>>38434647
Another thing to really pay attention to is your balance. It sounds stupid but many so called mobility issues are just issues of balance in disguise.

If for instance you are falling forward do to a weak upper back, or you are falling backwards because you are on your heels, or a million other possible balance issues your body will generally tighten up to overcorrect some of theses issues.

By staying calm and balanced with the same balance point throughout the lift you eliminate the possibility of your body seizing up to balance you. An easy example of this is rocking backwards, your hamstrings will typically tighten as will your hips in order to bring you back into balance. The tightening of these muscles may contract your lower back and lose rigidity.

I suggest a slow concentric phase where you lower yourself using your hip flexors and hamstrings, and feel the quadriceps tense in bottom position. Then preform the eccentric phase as fast as possible, but make sure you are constantly balanced! Do not sacrifice balance for speed, instead sacrifice speed for balance.
>>
what was the name of that amateur irish weightlifter who used to be a semimeme here couple years back? young guy with insane lifts who was aiming for rio? also had jump tricking vids on his channel. what's he doing now? did he get in the olympics?
>>
So, more retests from Beijing, and a couple big names popped.

Interestingly now too the Chinese finally getting caught... For peptide use. Maybe this is how they've avoided detection for a long time, peptides being relatively new.

This and the scene caused by the Iranian fans doesn't paint weightlifting in a great light right now
>>
>>38435374
Clarence. He didn't go Rio. Hasn't competed in ages, and is on celltech which he seems to be enjoying so I doubt we'll ever see him at a comp not even national level ever again.
>>
Now Akkaev and Lapikov have been popped from Beijing, surely Klokov must be shitting his pants.

Or is he untouchable?
>>
>>38437231

Why does he care? He retired from WL ages ago.
>>
Finally got my 100kg CnJ

FS max is only 105
>>
>>38434500
maybe find a sports physiotherapist if you can, a GP probably won't be much help
>>
>>38434500
This >>38437358. I wrecked my back power cleaning. The doctor thought it was muscle pain despite having crippling pain when I woke up, I couldn't bend over and had absolutely no power in my legs. Went to a sports physio and I was fixed within a month.
>>
>>38437505

You're power cleaning wrong
>>
>>38437588
Yeah, severely wrong, went too heavy.
>>
>>38437266
pls get stronger
>>
>>38436874
What is Celltech?
>>
>>38437766

Working on it.

Max back squat is only 135, I weigh 85. Pathetic.
>>
>>38437861

It dat dere supplementation
>>
>>38437875
Is it a comp-legal supplement?
>>
>>38437914
pretty sure it is, yeah, I don't think it has any banned stimulants or anything.
>>
>>38437861
It's meme speak for roids
Actual cell tech is a meme protein powder or some shit
>>
>>38437914

As long as you don't get caught
>>
>>38437231

>implying Klokov isn't 105% natty
Thread posts: 85
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.