[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tendonitis thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 4c1.png (354KB, 831x1200px) Image search: [Google]
4c1.png
354KB, 831x1200px
So, /fit/, i've had tendonitis (specifically: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golfer%27s_elbow) for over 3 years now, caused by bad OHP form, shitty posture while playing vidya at my desk, and having to write a lot for uni.

I've let it rest for the past 4 months, no vidya, no writing, nothing. This is what my doctor previously recomended and i will go to the doctor again in a few weeks because its not improved at all.

I've been forced to stop lifting, playing vidya, writing, can't ride my sports bicycle. Basically, anything I love, I can't do.

Anyone has any similar experiences? I've heard there's surgery that can help with this problem.

I'm afraid im kinda fucked because it's been so long now.
>>
you realize we're in 2016 right?

scientists will just invent new,stronger tendons
>>
>>38424868
Fuck off, pedophile.
>>
have you been sedentary while recovering? inuries always seem to recover better when not sitting around all the time. not sure what exactly you should do as if you're asking questions on the interweb you probably are sedentary more than you should be
>>
>>38424868
Someone get the sauce before thread is deleted
>>
Work out your extensors (those muscles that open your fingers), possibly do some wrist curls to fix any potential imbalances, do eccentric rehab curls, fix your form. But this is after your tendon has healed. When returning to gym after having rested for more months and done some months of rehab exercicies start with 40% of what you work weight and work your way back up slowly increase with no more then 10% a week .

No wrist stretches. Massage the area lightly with a ball or something, keep doing cardio. You can do core work

gg
>>
this javascript:quote('38425883');
and tens unit to the pain for blood flow.
>>
>>38424868
after all these years your tendons are prob too fucked up to repair themselves
get an operation
>>
>>38425883
This is what I would recommend. I got tendonitis in my left elbow after I started rock climbing semi heavily out of nowhere. I think it was an imbalance in forearm muscles because when I rested and did some extensor work and no problems anymore. Also OP you don't have tendonitis you have tendonosis, which is chronic and more serious.

"Tendinosis, sometimes called chronic tendinitis, chronic tendinopathy, or chronic tendon injury, is damage to a tendon at a cellular level."
>>
I have De Quervains tynosynovitis in my right thumb. I'm not sure if it was brought on by lifting. I started in January and the tendonitis only started in July.
I still seem to be able to lift fairly normally. it isn't a bother when I grip something.
I just don't know how to resolve it. I have a thumb brace that helps a lot through the day, and I've been taking anti inflammatory pills, but the problem is still present when I have my wrist in a neutral position and I try to extend my thumb.
>>
File: Blue Drop - 01 - Large 22.jpg (30KB, 640x357px) Image search: [Google]
Blue Drop - 01 - Large 22.jpg
30KB, 640x357px
>nobody is even asking for sauce

Shame on you /fit/
>>
>>38426196
Im kinda scared this is the case.

Ive read theres a 20% chance the operation can fail. The thought of this happening scares the shit out of me.
>>
>>38426466
>>38425686
?????
>>
>>38424868
How in the world did you grab the bar to hurt your wrists?
Wtf?!
>>
File: wegbluedrop.jpg (86KB, 908x400px) Image search: [Google]
wegbluedrop.jpg
86KB, 908x400px
>>38425686
I know the sauce

I've already answered it too
>>
>>38426509
Elbow, not wrists.

If youre familiar with how OHPs work and read the link im sure you will understand perfectly well.
>>
The manga is Blue Drop in chapter 5
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.