[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Buying meal prep

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (217KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
217KB, 1000x1000px
Yo /fit/, bouncing around an idea for a small business here.

Would you pay to have meals prepped for you and delivered to your house? With calories and macros counted for you, of course. At the moment I'm thinking that you could choose between a couple of templates (high-cal high-protein, low cal, zero-carb, vegan etc) and each week the meals would rotate but stick to roughly the same calories and macro ratios. You could choose how many meals you wanted each week and deliveries would probably be on Monday (for tue-fri) and Friday (for sat-mon).

Thoughts?
>>
thats genius! youre gonna become billionaire!
>>
>>38420912
Cheers for the vote of confidence m8
>>
5% Nutrition GOD DAMMIT
>>
They need to taste decent. But people already do this. So it is possible. Pricing needs to be decent.
>>
Literally just placed my order from 'my muscle chef' meal plans for dayzz brah
>>
>>38420891
I wouldn't because I'm a good cook and enjoy prepping my own meals but I'm sure there's a market for it.

Although if you're American I'm sure somebody bigger than you is already doing it and this sort of thing is all about the marketing. Gotta get people to know about you and grow the operation to bring down the costs of manufacturing and distribution. Everybody eats and fitness is in fashion so that's not the issue.
>>
>>38420891
don't invest too much
this is actually a very bright business idea in the local scale
offer it to some friends and grow responsibly
you don't wanna make a crazy startup that ends within a year with thousands of debt
>>
i wouldn't because i have a female it works out more cost effective
>>
>>38420891
Bodybuilding dot com and Rich Piana both do this.
>>
>>38421148
Also Nutrisystem and Atkins.
>>
>>38420891
>Buying meal prep
sorry to burst your bubble, but there is so many other businesses already doing this, unless you have some niche youre going to be easily beaten down by your competitors
>>
>>38420891
I'm not a lazy piece of shit so i cook my own meals.
>>
>>38420891
Relatively cheap catered health meals?
Yeah, people will be all over that.
But it really depends on how you market your business, your clients and even the city/town you live in.

I think you should create a pleasing simple logo, take advantage of social media, and have a relatively short list of foods that you can easily prepare or can sit in a fridge for a day.

Start with the dishes and foods people know are healthy and low calorie.

Then experiement with things like vegan, vegetarian, atkins and gluten free stuff.
Have list of ingredients and calorie list for all of your foods.

Don't go overboard with it. Prepare to spend up to 500 bucks for food and on driving expenses.
>>
Cheers for the input guys. I've had a look at some of the websites like my muscle chef and muscle meals direct and they're pretty full on, I was thinking more of a local home cooking angle. My area (melbourne aus) is pretty big on local so I think I have an angle, especially catering for the hipsters with gluten free etc
>>
>>38421155
>>38421148
Also florida meals, it piss
>>
>>38421278
Also in Melbourne. Can you cook on a commercial scale and do you have the equipment?
>>
>>38421278
I don't think hipsters lift. I'm having a hard time imagining anyone who isn't eldrely or seriously into lifting using such a service. Maybe busy women who want to watch their figure? That's probably your best bet.

It's just hard for me to imagine some regular dude who isn't all that into watching his macros ordering a bunch of premade meals to fill his fridge with. Hipsters eat out or cook and slobs don't care enough.
>>
>>38421627
Hipsters wanting a "healthy alternative meal" just to say they ate healthy and show everyone on instagram, twitter, facebook, myspace, what the fuck ever?

Yeah, they will.
They love being hip and cool, all the way down to what they eat and how they shit.
But you are right. There might be a real market for personal chefs. Especially ones that specialize in healthy foods.
Can even bring up how hollywood actors get their bodies from eating specially made healthy food.
>>
>>38421658
yeah but social media is all about presentation and a vacuum packed meal in a plastic container is not hip and cool regardless of how healthy and local it might be.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.