[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/fit/, please make a good case as to why I should exercise and get fit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: x.png (70KB, 275x224px) Image search: [Google]
x.png
70KB, 275x224px
Yes, of course looking good and being healthy is a part of it, but there's more to it.

I worked intensely towards something these past 2 years only to have to blow up in my face and turn out to be an utter waste of time--that I'm back at square one except now I feel like shit even though I know that it's retarded to dwell on what was lost...what counts is that I get back up and not make the same mistake again.

My inability to do thus goes far beyond how the motivation I had was only specific for that one pursuit; I lack discipline and pathetically been slightly overweight since I was a toddler, never knowing what it's like to be healthy or even be able to work out properly.
Of course I can easily take care of set/obligatory tasks, don't eat junk food, and still can enjoy hiking all day but I'm still, in health and mind, a stagnating mess at the age of 21.

I have no delusion that fitness will fix everything or make me successful. All I do want to to do is start to move away from who I have been my entire life, the one who's unable to find enough reason and strength to get back up, after this shit...I just am ignorant or unsure of how big of a difference it'd really make and so I need the extra motivation in order to get started.

Please.
>>
Deep down you know what you need to do.

Develop discipline, otherwise you will remain as your current pitiful self.

Rest assured though, granted you're intelligent, which you strike me as, there will come a time where even you get sick of your own shit, and that's when the transformation really begins.
>>
You don't need discipline so much as self love.

Becoming fit and healthy needs to be your motivation, not a sense of shame. See? Positive vs. negative. Think about who you want to be instead of who you don't want to be. And keep reminding yourself how much you want it.
>>
>>38418957
Getting sick of your own shit occasionally works too, depending on how attached you are to [x] problem yoy nerd to let go. A fear of the consequences can work, too. It really depends on the individual and all of the EVERYTHING that they've built up around [x] problem.
>>
>>38419027
>yoy nerd

Dammit you need*
>>
What do you want us to tell you ? Just do it, retard
>bu baww baww muh motivation
Get discipline
>>
Investing in yourself is never a waste of time
The only person who will never let you down is yourself
Don't pass time, invest it
>>
>>38418917
Dude.

It's something to do. You do it because you can and you know it's better than not doing it. You work on your own pace because it's what you want and it's for you. And for fitness, you're not really working towards a destination; it's a lifelong journey.
>>
Listen to me faggot, unless you're the next Hitler, you will be forgotten in 4-5 generations max. Your time here on Earth is a speck of dust in space and time. You will die. I will die. Our bodies will disintegrate into nothingness and we will be released from this life.

So why not make yourself into a person you'd be proud of? Think of your parents, they probably busted their ass day and night like most people to make ends meet, to put food on your table. Don't throw that away, anon. Don't let the beauty in their struggle lead you to a NEET life of nothingness.

You are stronger than this. Of course success seems far, far away. Neither of us will ever be truly perfect, but by realizing that you have a problem and try to address it, that is brave. That is strong.

Good luck anon.
>>
>>38419147
>>38419059
>>38419048
>>38419041
>>38419027
>>38418979
>>38418957
...Fuck it, I can't express my gratitude enough towards you guys.

I'm going to go find some resources so I can get started right away.

[spoiler]And before I go I want to say that it was actually a (smaller) failure that made me work hard for those 2 years. This time around, there's nothing to fail at as long as I bust my ass and this is reassuring.[/spoiler]
>>
because you're a fucking disgrace and you hate yourself
>>
>>38419406
Dammit, the first time the spoiler tag doesn't work for me and it's when I need it the most.
>>
>>38419406
Don't you dare fucking stop either.

Remember how miserable that failure felt. Remember what it did to you. Move on, make gains and never, NEVER look back.
>>
>>38418917
Go unfuck yourself
>>
>>38418917
just think of it as leveling, but in real life
>>
There is no good case other than what you already know. You need to develop you're own to reason to get/stay in shape. We can't tell you too. Only you can
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.