[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If the Greeks achieved mass gains just by doing calisthenics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: Hercules.jpg (784KB, 1151x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Hercules.jpg
784KB, 1151x1600px
If the Greeks achieved mass gains just by doing calisthenics and eating paleo, how come indigenous people aren't as buff as they?

Also, how can I achieve Greek god level?
>>
>>38416136
Strangle monster 3x5
>>
>>38416136
Sparta kick till failure
>>
>>38416136
Heracles was descended from the Indo-European elites who conquered the native people of Greece 5000 years ago

Indo-Europeans are known for gaining muscle easily and being tall

indigenous people like Bantu tribesmen or Mayans tend to be descended from short little people who aren't built to put on muscle

Probably maori and other polynesians come close to europeans in terms of putting on muscle, and have thicker skulls too
>>
>>38416136
>and eating paleo
They mostly ate oats the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>38416290
My mistake:
>The Greek diet consisted of foods that were easily raised in the rocky terrain of Greece’s landscape. Breakfast was eaten just after sunrise and consisted of bread dipped in wine. Lunch was again bread dipped in wine along with some olives, figs, cheese or dried fish.
>Supper was the main meal of each day. It was eaten near sunset. It consisted of vegetables, fruit, fish, and possibly honey cakes. Sugar was unknown to ancient Greeks, so natural honey was used as a sweetener.
>>
>Gymnastics took place in palaestras, which were sites of physical education for young boys. The palaestra consisted of an indoor facility for gymnastics, in addition to an outdoor area for running, jumping, and wrestling. When adulthood was reached, typically between the ages of 14 and 16, the site for fitness training switched from palaestras to gymnasiums (8). Exercise in the palaestra and gymnasium was supervised by the paidotribe, who is similar to the modern fitness trainer. This idealistic fitness situation existed most strongly within Athens, which has been characterized as a democratic society most similar to the United States.
>>
>>38416379
>which has been characterized as a democratic society most similar to the United States
Where are you getting this text from anon?
>>
>Spartan society required males to enter special fitness programs at the age of six. From this point until adulthood, the government was responsible for the child’s upbringing and training. This upbringing consisted of rigorous training programs that ensured all boys would grow into highly fit adult soldiers. Females were also required to maintain good physical condition for the purpose of being able to have strong offspring who could serve the state.
Tfw /fit/ could become a Spartan-like society
>>
File: 1469229436255.jpg (44KB, 350x450px) Image search: [Google]
1469229436255.jpg
44KB, 350x450px
>>38416379
>greek democracy
>anything at all like contemporary democracy
>>
>>38416411
It's from a fitness retreat in Greece. I don't know how accurate it is.
>>
File: Leonidas.jpg (420KB, 1600x1150px) Image search: [Google]
Leonidas.jpg
420KB, 1600x1150px
>>
>>38416379
>United States
>democracy
FORTY THOUSAND GIGA-KEKS
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.