[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 341
Thread images: 43

File: nz8wZkd[1].jpg (43KB, 500x439px) Image search: [Google]
nz8wZkd[1].jpg
43KB, 500x439px
QTDDTOT.

I really wanna fug this girl in my DnD group but she has herpes. What are my chances of contraction if I use a condom? What if I tongue her asshole? Apparently nobody on Google can give a straight answer.

Also, what routine has the least volume that would give decent hypertrophy? I'm thinking 2-3 exercises 3 times per week with 3 sets of 8-12 reps.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAQtp1QrsVI
>>
My question is kinda related.

Years ago I did SS and got into numbers regarded as intermediate on most of those sites.

Now I'm getting back into it and I've realised that if I follow the same routine but hit sets of 8 reps instead of 5, I'm actually progressing faster than a year ago when I was struggling to catch up doing SS as standard.

I always drop off exercising so have tried to get "back into lifting" multiple times now and this simple change is proving very effective for me.

Has my body adapted and is responding better to slightly more volume? Seems to be.
>>
>>38398675
It's likely something else causing faster progress. The difference between 3-8 reps is pretty minimal if the set is "tough" for whatever rep range it is tbH
>>
>>38398736
Im still failing/close to failing my last rep of each set. Well whatever it is I'm happy and enjoying the new rep range
>>
So, i will be going on vacation for two weeks and will not have a gym at hands. I want to maintain muscle mass as much as possible, plus dont want to pack on to much weight from all the food I am going to eat.
Plan so far is to go jogging for 7 km a day and do a full-body-bodyweight routine. Anyone got some ideas for good exercises besides crunches, push-ups and bodyweight-squats?
>>
>>38398768
>Wants to maintain muscle
>Stops lifting and starts running 7km a day

Are you literally listening to yourself
>>
Transitioning my focus to weightlifting (Olympic), how should I add hyper trophy focus to a 3 day template?
>>
>>38398792
Fuck yourself.
>>
I have flat feet and can't find cleats that don't murder my feet. Can anyone recommend a pair that aren't absurdly expensive that have similar support to what I'd find in a running shoe for people with flat feet? Failing that, are there any that are made a bit roomier so I can put inserts in them? The pair I have from when I played varsity soccer have absolutely no room for them, and every pair I've looked at seem to be made as tight as possible.
>>
>>38398795
Just eat plenty of protein and enjoy yourself you sperg, a couple weeks isn't gonna ruin your noob gains
>>
>>38398806
Fuck off.
>>
>>38398792
Well, i want to maintain and don't pack on weight, so ofc i will do cardio, aye?
>>
>>38398605
What are the side effects of clen compared to DNP?
>>
>>38398768

You don't necessarily need to workout that much, I wouldn't suggest running, or any cardio training, the most important thing is diet, make sure you absolutely get a lot of protein and eat a decent amount, even if you're cutting, consider adding 2-300kcal to your daily intake and make it as protein-heavy as possible, I would suggest a morning routine of basic body weight exercises.

Push ups - wide grip 2x20
Sit ups - 3x10
Pull ups (as many sets of 5 as possible)
Leg raises 3 x 1 minute reps

Then take a 15 minute break and hydrate;

Push ups - close grip 3x10
Sit ups w/twist 3x15
Body weight dips (as many full sets of 10 as possible)

This should be sufficient OP, I'm in very close contact with a lot of military guys who do this routine when they don't have access to a gym at all, you can decrease/increase the number of sets but try and keep the reps the same.
>>
>>38398793
Start light and easy and do it after your bread and butter work.
>>
>>38398861
Thanks a lot for the input. Why would you say to drop the cardio? I am doing cardio when going to the gym, so shouldn't i be fine with doing it without gym?
And with eating, the amount will not be the problem, i guess, having buffet for breakfast and diner..(Captcha: tick pizza...)
>>
>>38398605
Getting herpes for one lay is probably not worth it senpai
>>
>>38398866
That's what I figured. Suppose I'll work on snatch and C&J on Monday and Friday an everything else is just icing on the cake.
>>
How do I into better OHP?
I've been stuck at 95x8 forever now.
>>
File: image.png (286KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
286KB, 750x1334px
>>38398605
Just be safe you cum gargler, nothing is guaranteed, but your rate of herpes survival pretty much drops to 0 if you have sex with her enough times. Just use a condom and remember that even oral sex can give it to you in certain situations
>>
How do I talk to girls? I try to lift to confidence but still only in skelly mode. I went to the movies with my friend and his gf and they made me talk to a stranger and try and get her number
She told me she could see my heart beating through my undersized shirt which just made everything worse. I started sweating and had a panic attack and ran away, then I ran out of the theater and left
>>
>>38398605

Maintaining the integrity of a good DnD group is more important than sex.
>>
Does PHUL Work? I am an intermediate lifter btw.
>>
I'm stalling/regressing on my bench press at only 5 months in. I've been on a 4 day U/L split since day 1 which I've progressed really well on until about a month ago and my bench press has been stalling at 55kg since.

For chest, my upper body days have flat+incline bench on one day and OHP+dips on the other. I eat on a surplus with high amounts of protein and get 8h+ sleep every night so I'm wondering how I can get over this bump? My other lifts are still improving, deadlifts in particular.

Thanks
>>
Should I get some cardio equipment for my room? Is it worth doing cardio and a light workout first thing in the morning?
>>
>>38398950
Have you tried the BUHREATHE AYUT THUH TOP and bounce at the bottom using the stretch reflex like a squat from this REEYUP vid: https://youtu.be/PjbSXItiMkI Helped me immensely.
>>
Most programs talk about 2.5/5lbs progression per workout but my gym's smallest plates are 1.25kg meaning I can only progress 2.5kg minimum. How do I factor this into a program?
>>
>>38399611
You're over thinking it. It is still linear progression, you do not need to factor it into any program.
>>
May I have a picture of a ottermode endomorphe? Do they even exist? I want to be slim but fuck it I have never seen one in my life
>>
mostly asking this to reaffirm what I already suspect
I'm currently running GSLP. Doing a lot of chest/tricep work as accessories because my bench and OHP progress like shit.
flat DB bench, Incline DB bench, skullcrushers, triceps pushdowns, etc.

This seems fairly logical to me. I am struggling with X lift so I will emphasize accessories that should help X lift.
Am I on the right track here? it's really only my upper body, lower has no problem at all.
>>
>>38399611
Not seeing a problem here.
>>
I've been doing reverse grip bent over rows on pull day. If o wanted to incorporate normal grip bent over rows, should i do them before, after, or on another day altogether? Also should i match my reverse grip weight with normal, or should i expect to be able to do Moore or less?
>>
Where do you look/what is good head position when squatting?
>>
>>38399981
Straight ahead, spine neutral, just like a deadlift
>>
>>38400031
So I'm basically maintaining eye contact with my reflection in the mirror all the way down and all the way up?
>>
>>38399815
Bench and press are both limited by smaller muscles than squats and deadlifts, and thus can't advance as fast. Just load with smaller weight increments (1kg per workout, maybe even less.)
>>
>>38400072
No. Pick a fixed point on the floor so that your neck remains neutral (looking neither up nor down in relation to the rest of your spine.)
>>
File: A2xID24.jpg (201KB, 1080x1349px) Image search: [Google]
A2xID24.jpg
201KB, 1080x1349px
I ran with new running shoes today (Nike Furys, if that matters) and I felt a ache in the outer sides of my feet towards the end of my third mile interval. Is this because the shoe isn't broken in yet (didn't happen with older worn to shit Sauconys), my gait is fucked, or something else entirely? Are there any specific stretches I can do to avoid it?
>>
File: 1470180785943.jpg (50KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
1470180785943.jpg
50KB, 700x600px
could anyone rate this routine? i found it on my pc, i guess i'd saved it a long time ago.
>>
how do I into discipline so i can stop eating and stop being a fatass?

motivation only goes so far
>>
>>38400072
head stays in line with your torso.
>>
Im looking for a morning exercise routine that can be done 6 days a week besides going to gym 3 times a week.

Point of it being to wake me up and get some morning movement going before kicking off the day.It doesnt have to use weights or anything.
Accepting any advice and propositions.
>>
how do i make creatine taste good?
>>
>>38400688
It's virtually tasteless with a teaspoon/~5g in a cup of water. You eating it raw?
>>
>>38400721
tasteless my ass. it definitely changes the way the water tastes. i put in 5g and drink multiple glasses of water till it goes away cause it doesn't all dissolve and some stays at the bottom.
>>
File: 41jPL3ia2sL.jpg (17KB, 304x500px) Image search: [Google]
41jPL3ia2sL.jpg
17KB, 304x500px
>>38400746
You gotta keep stirring and try this stuff, it's very inoffensive: BulkSupplements Pure Micronized Creatine Monohydrate Powder
>>
How do I into posture on deadlifts? I can't can't EVER seem to get my back straight when bending over. Is my posture really that fucked?
>>
>>38400797
it might just be the brand. im using ON creatine. how long do you stir it for?
>>
>>38400817
>back straight
You mean upper or lower? Bent lower is snap city. Bent upper is still not great, but more forgiving.
Keep chest up. Your shoulders will droop, but as long as yr chest is up, your back will be straight enough.
>>
>>38400848
Never tried the ON, but the Bulksups is an *extremely* fine powder. It doesn't dissolve in water, but stirring enough to keep it from settling, even while drinking, makes it barely noticeable in the ratio I stated.
>>
>>38400866
bent upper, although when i started i couldn't even get lower straight properly.
>>
when increasing weight should I do it in increments of 1.25/2.5/5kg?
>>
>>38400896
alright ill try it out. the ON creatine isn't really that fine, its maybe a little smaller than sand
>>
>>38398866
nice dubs
>>
>>38400927
Ew that sounds horrible. No wonder you dislike it.
>>
>>38399035
Dude
>>
>>38399035
>being a third wheel in a fucking theater
Your friend knew the outcome was going to happen.
>>
How do I reverse gluteal atrophy? I don't have any weights, and the imbalance screws with my running.
>>
Why do I keep hearing that PPL is for roiders?
>>
>>38401448
I believe it's due to the frequency. PPLxPPL, where x is the rest day.
>>
>>38399018

>your rate of herpes survival pretty much drops to 0 if you have sex with her enough times

This.

But if its a one off or a occasional thing you can cover your dick in acyclovir (cold sore cream) before putting your Condom on.

It will go a long way to preventing you getting herps.
>>
What are some ways to compensate recovery when lifting on a cut? Every now and then when o push my gym session, I'll get a sore muscle that takes like 3 days to fully recover. What can I do aside from eating more to help my recovery?
>>
What am I meant to be eating mostly on keto?

eggs, bacon and avocado?

and almonds?
>>
>>38400628
anyone?
>>
>>38401608
Whatever fits your diet. When I did my Keto, I would mostly eat what you've already mentioned.

I would make burgers wrapped in lettuce with avocado, mayo, and bacon.

Sometimes I would make almond flour pizza, which was really delicious.

Maybe eat some lunch meat here and there like turkey, ham, prosciutto.
>>
>>38401675
>>38401608
OH, forgot to mention bullet proof coffee. It was a really great way to start the day, look it up!
>>
>>38398861
How would I do pull-ups and dips w/o equipment?
>>
Am I wasting my time weightlifting so much while trying to lose ~40 pounds (I'm overweight). I'm eating at about a 500 calorie deficit daily and also doing some running. I haven't really been getting stronger outside of the first couple weeks of lifting.
>>
>>38402052
No, keep lifting. It'll only help you in the long run.
>>
>>38402052
Lifting while losing weight is more about preserving the muscle mass you have than building any new.
>>
>>38398768
Wall stands/sits hip thrusts and also pistol squats
>>
Is this guy what /fit/ will turn you into?
>>
>>38401644
anyone?
>>
Getting back into biking. How the fuck can I keep from bruising my taint
>>
>>38402180
Only autism can do that
>>
in my current bulking routine i do 1 set of 15 and 1 set of 12 for squats and trap bar deadlifts. ive been gaining weight and muscle at a good speed. would it make sense to add maybe one heavy set in one of the lifts alternating each week (ex work up to a heavy triple in the squat one week, trap bar the other week) to keep my lower body used to heavier low rep sets?
>>
>>38402180
/fit/ will turn you into that anonymously but irl you would wait for her to finish because you are afraid of women
>>
>>38402198
pretty good beginner routine
>>
hows this for an old guy (40s)

Monday
Squat 4x6
stiff leg deadlift 4x6
lat pulldowns, abs 3x10

Wednesday
Leg raises 2x20
thick bar deadlifts 5x1
calf raises 4x12
single arm farmers walks 2 laps
barbell curls 4x6
neck bridges and rear delt raises 2 sets each

Friday
Bench press 5x5 heavy or 3x8 light
Overhead press 3x8 light of 5x5 heavy
>>
>>38398605
Does she take an anti-viral?
If she does, your chances of contracting it are low, provided she's not currently having an outbreak.
Anti-viral + no outbreaks + condoms = basically no chance of contracting

>t. guy whose GF has herpes
>>
How much protein does a person need? Is it based on total weight or lean body mass. How do I find my lean mass?
>>
How much cardio should I be doing? I'm currently doing a 3 day split and have access to a manual treadmill and rowing machine. 5'10 170lbs. How can I calculate how much I should do?
>>
File: IMG-20160818-WA0000.jpg (44KB, 750x712px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160818-WA0000.jpg
44KB, 750x712px
I have a home gym so I cant do the back extensions on the Texas method

Should I replace them with stiff legged dls, RDL, or good mornings?
>>
After trying a machine based high rep routine some gymbro idiot gave me this friday both my knees and my elbows hurt like shit, and I have limited range of motion, I can't extend either fully and trying that makes them hurt even more, the pain isn't in the muscle, but on the articulation itself, I've been mostly bedridden, can't shower properly and if I have to anywhere, I have to walk on my toes and crooked, like Quasimodo on high heels.

What kind of doctor should I go to check this kind of shit out? Do you guys have any ideas of what it actually is? I've tried cold showers, hot showers, cold presses, all kinds of mobility and stretching exercises, foam rollers, all for no effect.
>>
File: 1468291547390.png (563KB, 617x1220px) Image search: [Google]
1468291547390.png
563KB, 617x1220px
Day a
Triceps extension 4x12
Alternated biceps curl 4x10
Palms in shoulder press 4x8

Day b dumbbell squats
Dumbbell squats 2x15
30 russian twists
30 weughtend crunches
30 cycling abs
30 elbow to knee abs

Give me some advice on the routine
And i would like some chest exercises but i dont have a bench should i do push ups
>>
>>38398605
Used to be able to fuck for hours without cumming, now seems I beat the deathgrip and my dick is sensitive

how do I improve this so I can come back to those times where I felt like a sex god pounding for hours
>>
File: 1470886092881.jpg (72KB, 833x959px) Image search: [Google]
1470886092881.jpg
72KB, 833x959px
I hurt myself doing a military presses while standing in January and my shoulder still is not healed.

Feels dislocated - do I need to see the doctor and get surgery for it to heal? Or am I just fucked for heavy lifting now?

I also had to stop lifting in late May for a summer job. Can still curl at same weight but cant do as many reps as I used to with everything else. Keep at same weight and just do less reps until I get back to where I was?
>>
>>38398605
If she's not having an outbreak, your chances are slim.
>>
>>38404790
I just went through it. Took a week off, sling for 5 days then rehabbed for two weeks. It was still sore when I rehabbed but now it's fine. If it's dislocated it would be bruised and you wouldn't be able to do rom
>>
>>38404832

thanks. Gonna get it checked out I guess

something isnt right
>>
File: just.jpg (93KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
just.jpg
93KB, 540x540px
Reposting from last QTDDTOT, since I didn't get a response.

I’m a soon-to-be poorfuck. I put together a meal plan. (Thanks to everyone who helped yesterday).

Anyway, I want to know if this is a good meal plan and if it’s cost-effective. What changes would you make, if any?

>Breakfast
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of boiled, frozen collard greens
- 1 serving of oatmeal
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 banana

>Lunch
- an ounce of raw chopped carrots (I don’t like carrots much, hence the small portion, but I need those micros/vegetables and they’re cheap)
- 1 banana
- an ounce of dry-roasted, unsalted peanuts

>Dinner
- half a serving of frozen chicken breast tenderloin (2 oz)
- 1 serving of romaine lettuce (85g)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil (for calories)
- 1 small baked potato (5 oz)
- 1 pat of butter (for calories)
- 1 cup of cooked dried lentils
- 1 cup of steamed frozen cauliflower (I would eat broccoli but it makes me stink)

>Stats
- 1400 kcal
- 182g of carbs
- 70g of protein (using 0.6*[my body weight], I only need 60g/day)
- 44g of fat
- Ratio is 52/20/28.
- $4.54/day, give or take a dime or two ($1,540/year; I can eat free every Sunday morning, eliminating paying for breakfast and lunch)

I’ll exercise moderately 4 days a week for 20 minutes each. I know it’s not a lot, but it’s so hard getting enough calories /and/ maintaining a passable macro ratio on such a tight budget that I can’t grow at the rate I want to.

I’m female, so I think I can eat more fat and less protein than men before it gets unhealthy, but I could be wrong. Correct me if I am.

Lastly, to reiterate, I want to hear what others have to say about how good this meal plan is and if there are other ways to reduce the cost while covering my needs.

That’s it. Thanks!
>>
>>38404992
fish
cheap, tasty and comes in a lot of varieties
>>
File: 1469198125652.jpg (76KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1469198125652.jpg
76KB, 640x640px
>>38398605

Never had herpes, but talked to some anons that have.

Basically I would only risk catching it if I really loved the woman. Because if you have sex with her with a condom, and she is not on an outbreak, you probably won't get it, but you could. And if you GF her and have sex on the reg you are almost guaranteed to get it, unless you both act like anti-viral nazis, in which case what would even be the point because the sex will suck.

The thing about herpes is that many people have it in their blood but never once even show signs of it. And many people that get it, have one outbreak and then never again. But some people that get it have regular outbreaks that they say are uncomfortable and last for a few weeks. Just luck of the immune system I guess.

I have sexed like 7 girls without a condom and like 7 girls with a condom. Never had any symptoms and never had a girl complain of any symptoms. Last time I took an STD test was like 10 years ago though. It's possible I have it in me.
>>
>>38399018

I feel like a lot of this STD fear shit is written by scientists that want to cover their asses from being called incorrect.

They way overblew the risk of HIV for straight men. As a straight male you could have a lot lot lot of sex with random women without a condom (as long as it was always vaginal) and your likelihood of catching HIV is like 1/100,000. I think a lot of addicts and closet gays skew the numbers.

And as far as oral, I'm pretty sure they need to have open sores for you to catch something during oral sex.
>>
>>38398861
Ok, I'm pretty new so I have two simple questions.

>Push ups - wide grip 2x20
>Sit ups - 3x10
>Pull ups (as many sets of 5 as possible)
>Leg raises 3 x 1 minute reps

What does the "2x20" convey, does it mean you do twenty, then take a break or what?

Also how do you do a pullup without bringing a bar?
>>
>>38405260

2x20 means 40.

40 is more intimidating than 20 though, so just count to 20 twice. It's a mental thing.

Get something like this for pullups:

https://www.amazon.com/Lifeline-LLPUCU-Power-Up-Chin-Up/dp/B006PDK1B4
>>
Someone told me Pendlay rows are pretty much shitty versions of Chins/pullups. If so, what rowing exercise would be the best choice if I do chins 3x a week and aim to do them weighted?
>>
Could someone please critique my accessories for GSLP?

Ohp/RGBP 2x5 1xamrap
Squat 2x5 1x amrap
Pendlay row 2x5 1x amrap

Hip thrust 3x8-12 & external rotations 3x15
Chins & weighted hanging leg raises
3xrear delt rows 2x landmine laterals

B
OHP/RGBP 2x5 1x amrap
Deadlift 1x5
Hip thrust 3x8-12/external rotations 3x5

Dips 3xAMRAP
Barbell reverse curl 3x12

C
Ohp/RGBP 2x5 1x amrap
Back squat 2x5 1x amrap
Pendlay row 2x5 1x amrap

3x rear delt rows 2x landmine laterals
Overhead kettlebell carry 3x
>>
>>38398605
All my main lifts are still linearly progressing except for my ohp. I've deloaded twice now and I'm get stuck at the same load of measly 35kgs for 5x5. Wat do??? I'm on a ppl so I ohp twice a week
>>
>>38400072
DO NOT look at yourself in the mirror. Pick a point 2-3 feet in front of you. Looking up makes your back more vertical throws off center of ballance. Your back is not straight up during a squat it is more like 45 degrees and your head position needs to reinforce that. If you use a power rack look at the middle of the rear floor bar.
>>
Can anyone recommend good non-meme desk or standing at desk exercises/equipment ? I spend a lot of my day here and also listening to podcasts so I'd like someting I can occupy myself with. I've considered getting a hand gripper like this but not sure if they're a gimmick or not.
>>
>>38406008
Breathing at the top and using the stretch reflex at the bottom did wonders for me.
https://youtu.be/PjbSXItiMkI
>>
Very depressed lately, 26 kissless virgin, working part time at costco, still live at home, still overweight (even though i've lost 100 pounds)

Parents tell me they're proud of me over my astounding mediocrity it just makes me ashamed.

What do you do when you're so fucking depressed and so low on the confidence that you dont think life can get better and that you can't achieve.
>>
Whey protein or whey isolate? Just a different name?
>>
Last night I had a bad taste in my mouth, now I'm dizzy, I feel like I'm going to pass out, the back of my neck gets extremely stiff when I get up and walk and I have tremors. Also, I've noticed I'm seeing a tiny bit of blur on text that makes it look faded, but that started a few days ago.

What's wrong with me?
>>
>>38407232
Mini stroke
>>
So if I'm DLing and I feel discomfort in my lower back should I just back off and do lower weights for a while until my core catches up, or am I supposed to plow through? I can lift heavier, but I'm afraid of hurting myself.
>>
File: dunno.jpg (108KB, 820x547px) Image search: [Google]
dunno.jpg
108KB, 820x547px
how do i get zinc and magnesium in my diet and how much do I need for HIGH TEST?
>>
>>38406224
i wouldnt say its a gimmick, it helps you develop grip strength for diddlies and pullups, as well as working your wrist.

Pretty good shoujiki ni iu to kazoku.
>>
>>38407343

Grippers really don't help that much with static grip strength like deadlifting or doing pullups.
>>
>>38406927
theres 2isolate and concentrate
the one youre buying ir probably concentrate(its the more cheaper less advanced version) isolate is the "special" stuff that absorbs faster or something. not a huge difference to be honest, google a comparison
>>
File: 20160822_013802.png (853KB, 1440x2042px) Image search: [Google]
20160822_013802.png
853KB, 1440x2042px
Are these good?
I want to start unfucking my body.
I'll probably use these during tv watching or in between studying.
Anyone have experience with the quality and will they serve me well for what I want them?
Would you recommend something else?
>>
>>38398605

I guess it's just a roll of the dice
>>
>>38406740
I say lift.
>>
>>38407355
get a gym membership
>>
>>38407372
I really should, I just don't see how that's going to solve my problems.
>>
>>38407375
I have that for free at my school I just don't want to drive 30 mins for a workout.
I'll use the gym when I'm on campus but would like something to use at home.
I currently only have a pull up bar I've been getting better at, one of those ab roller things, an adjustable hand grip thing and those push up things that twist.
I use them all and have been getting progressively better but I doubt I'll make gains just working out using my own body weight.
>>
>>38407388
Lifting helped me get out of depression more than zoloft ever did. As long add you're enjoying it, it should help. I'm not a social butterfly, but I'm not moping sound anymore either.
>>
File: 1411862684962.png (75KB, 506x608px) Image search: [Google]
1411862684962.png
75KB, 506x608px
>>38407388
Shut up, don't think, and lift.
>>
>>38407407
>>38407411
thanks guys, I really need to turn myself around.
>>
Anyone else have bad anxiety? Do you also kinda find on those days where you don't sleep that your anxiety is much more manageable? I am wired right now at 3am and have an interview later today in the afternoon. Thinking if I just stay up that it will be more manageable. I haven't missed a full night's sleep in over a year FYI, so there's no sleep debt rotting my brain like when school was a thing.
>>
>Push ups - wide grip 2x20
>Sit ups - 3x10
>Pull ups (as many sets of 5 as possible)
>Leg raises 3 x 1 minute reps

Let's say this is my workout program. Do I have to repeat this again when I'm done or doing them once a day is enough??
>>
File: pepe_stronk.jpg (86KB, 706x431px) Image search: [Google]
pepe_stronk.jpg
86KB, 706x431px
Reg Park's 5x5 vs Starting Strength

I'm off to uni in October and want to maximise the gains I can get before that so I'm not a complete beginner at the gym there. Which one of these would give me the most progress?

Also I've started rowing recently and am looking to improve my 2k time. Would these help?
>>
Have YOU noticed any difference supplementing vitamin d3??How many IU?
>>
File: GSLP.png (37KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
GSLP.png
37KB, 700x600px
Can I add the following to GSLP or is it too much?
On bench day: Incline flys and standing tricep extensions. Or can I change the flys to incline bench?
On OHP day facepulls/rear delt flys.
>>
bumb
>>
>>38407650
desu i'd just do the one thats the most fun. I say this because SS was boring af for me
>>
>>38407787
If your recovery dont suffer from it, go for it.
I add stuff to my GSLP routine too, if i feel there is a lack somewhere.
>>
My knees hurt for weeks or months after doing 10 fucking bodyweight squats. I wait till the pain is gone, and then do another 10, and the pain repeats itself.

I'm obese, so maybe that's it, but what's going on here? How do I exercise if I can't even do shit with my legs without my knees killing me?
>>
File: meatwad-1.gif.png (149KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
meatwad-1.gif.png
149KB, 600x480px
I wanna build up all the strength I lost from summer cutting, what’s a good routine to follow?

Should I go full body training or not?
>>
>>38408136
Are you a beginner? Then GSLP or SS. Otherwise you should already know how to build muscle.
>>
if i am doing ppl and am just about done my nooby gains am i supposed to be doing 5 reps at 100% of my 5rm for squat deadlift and bench EVERY time or is this too much. why do people do like 85% ... etc. like in TM you dont do 100% of your 5rm on monday
>>
>>38407355
if you intend to get your own dumbbells get standard ones, not fancy pancy shit

it will be cheaper in case you abbandon the idea. or in positive light it can be a starter pack of weights if you buy oly sized (but then being cheap is no longer true, still cheaper than fancy db)
>>
I've been on SS for almost 2 months now, no where near to Intermediate strength level so I need a while more.

I want to cut for maybe a month before going back to SS to manage my fat gain and am wondering if i should continue on SS during the cut or is it useless as I wont get very much strength gains and will be wasting my time. Would a different routine be better during a cut?
>>
>>38408011
pls anyone
>>
Will this work for Keto?

http://www.myprotein.com/sports-nutrition/vitafiber/11106652.html

91% fibre, 5% sugar, it'd be my only source of carbs other than broccoli and minuscule amounts on meat and stuff.
>>
>>38408179
5 month bulk followed by a 2 month cut anon

My strength is nonexistent now and I'm trying to plan out a 7 month clean bulk. First step is to build strength, and I wanted to consult /fit/ bros before I decide.
>>
>>38408278
Take it from someone who's been cutting the entire time he's been on SS; keep at it. You will still make minor gains, and it will help maintain the gains you have. Switch your routine after your cut if you wish, but changing routines won't do much good.
>>
if I weight 300lbs will running really make my legs fall off or whatever I read on fit?
>>
>>38408660
Lifts?
>>
I want to start SL5x5 today but I'm at my shitty uni gym that doesn't even have a rack. They do have free weights and a smith machine. Because I'll be starting off light anyways, should I just squat with the smith machine until my membership runs out here (should be the end of september) or should I use the smith machine?
>>
File: Untitled.png (256KB, 3824x884px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
256KB, 3824x884px
7/5/3 Ogus or Wendler's 5/3/1 bodybuilding template?

>>38408704
You'll fuck up your knees. Do swimming instead if you want to do some cardio.
>>
>>38408716
Find a gym with a rack.
>>
>>38408732
Literally said I'm going to change at the end of september. I don't have money right now and I don't want to delay.
>>
>>38408716
My bad, just woke up and said smith machine twice, meant to ask if i should use free weights or smith machine.
>>
>>38408710
Lifts more like shits
Squat 35kg on the smith 4x10
Bench 2 dumbbells 12kg each 4x10

Weak af
>>
File: 1471732057952.png (729KB, 1100x950px) Image search: [Google]
1471732057952.png
729KB, 1100x950px
>>38398605
>I really wanna fug this girl in my DnD group but she has herpes
Yeah, this is /fit/
>>
>>38408718
I was walking but I got a really sharp pain in one of my feet that wouldn't go away.

idk what that was
>>
>>38408716
Clean the weight and do front squats.
>>
>>38408840
Will do, thanks.
>>
I have pulled my lower back, it has been a week and it is not fully recovered, it is getting better but i can still feel it.

Would it be stupid to go to the gym before it is 100%, or could i get away with just doing upper body.
>>
>>38408648
Anyone? Please?
>>
Why do some people say not to eat bread?
Also, looking for quick meals and can anyone comment on the quality of the grilled chicken from panda? It's the only meat that isn't covered in slime or oils.
>>
>>38409022
>>38408648
My word doesn't have a lot of value but I think it's more than ok to have it , you could reach 50g fiber a day and it would only cost you 2.5 g of real carbs , but I think that if you eat enough leafy green you shouldn't need it .

Anyway if I had to do keto and take this I would spread this throughout the day to avoid any huge insulin spike .
>>
File: doggos.jpg (84KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
doggos.jpg
84KB, 960x720px
>>38409103
Bread is tasty + not fulfilling + calories dense which is a REALLY bad combo for weight lose / maintain . On top of that most breads you'll buy in store contain fuckalls micro-nutriment because they remove the part that have them to give them a smoother texture so basically it's just fuel for your body without anything else .
If you hit your micro with other foods and don't go overboard with Kcals it's A+ Ok to eat bread . But if you're struggling to lose weight/ eat healthy then it's better to cut it out of your diet .

For quick meals what I do is : Turkey ( that was marinating overnight) + Brown rice + any frozen veggie of your liking + onions + olive oil .
Once you get used to it you cook that shit in less than 15 min and you can spend most of your time fucking around on your phone .
>>
>>38407589
I swear I saw this somewhere else but it was way more varied , it was guud , don't cut that shit out of it .

Anyway you should always find a way to make them more challenging if they're too easy , If you feel like you could do another rounds it means they did fuckall .
>>
Why do people consider burgers unhealthy? It seems like it hits most macros and some major food groups.
>>
My girlfriend is 5'5 165. Her 1RM's:
Bench press: 130
Strict Press: 95
Deadlift: 335
Squat: 225
Chin-ups: 10

She's currently doing the Texas method but wants to cut about 10 lbs. what's the best way to maintain her lifts while cutting? Should she just keep lifting 3x a week and keep doing the same weight for about a month while increasing cardio?
>>
>>38409230
Most burger you'll buy in fastfoods / mart will be filled to the brim with trans+Sat fat .

On top of that their sauce and bun are way too sugary .
>>
>>38409261
High Test GF
>>
>>38409262
So what if I'm buying half a cow from my local farmer, growing most of my own veggies, and baking my own buns? Is it just too high in calories to justify the protein/carb/fat I'd get from it?
>>
File: MrrSw7u.png (943KB, 3223x4745px) Image search: [Google]
MrrSw7u.png
943KB, 3223x4745px
What's a good replacement for Hyperextensions?

I'm doing pic related but there's nowhere to do Hyper in my gym
>>
I fly through a starting strength workout in like 25 mins and I don't feel pushed at all. What can I add to starting strength to speed up my gainz?
>>
>>38409277
I'd say that if you fill it to the brim with veggies and don't go overboard with the size of the bun ( or make it from whole wheat ) It's a healthy AF meal .
Just watch out for the sauce .
>>
>>38409277
you probably don't need to go so far as baking own buns. just buy some wholegrain ones or simply non super puffy big af buns.

diet boils down to moderation, even fastfood burgers are passable if your daily intake of cals takes into acount that this fitting in hand burger averages ~700kcal among for ex http://calorielab.com/restaurants/burger-king/3
>>
>>38409416

Don't go telling people to IIFYM man .
>>
>>38398605
I wouldn't risk the herpes.
>>
>>38409449
Why shouldn't he?

Because you follow a vegan raw food diet and so should everyone else because cavemen didn't own microwaves they just ate kale and starved themselves 2 days a week?

Fuck outta here with your shills and take your powdered peanut butter with you
>>
>>38408786
Are you skelly?
Do GSLP and bulk hard.
>>
Low bar squatted for the first time ever this morning. While I was doing it, I noticed my wrists were really hurting, even though I was keeping them straight. Is this normal at first, or does it mean I should keep working on my form?
>>
>>38405237
sho sho nurgle, neuroplasticity hasn't finished yet for you so you don't properly evaluate risks.
>>
>>38409283
Good mornings
>>
All I have access to is a bowflex and a stationary bike, am I fucked bros?
>>
>>38398605
>tonguing an asshole where jakwons BBC may have been before you

Do you enjoy eating cum too OP?
>>
>>38398649
kek
>>
>>38409847
You're likely slightly rotating yourhands under and pushing up on the bar. Video your squat and you'll see it.

>>38408957
Do a light back workout and see how it feels. I've had back twinges that were fine once I warmed up my deads.

>>38408716
Change universities.
>>
>>38409888
at least kek loves you
>>
File: 1453495457485.jpg (81KB, 1300x865px) Image search: [Google]
1453495457485.jpg
81KB, 1300x865px
>>38409504
>>38409449
Maybe you could try to not think in black and white man ?

There is a difference between the " I only eat organic shit that come from grass feed coconuts" and " Haha eat the Mcdonald If it fit your macro :-DDDDD"
Paleo / Gluten free / Vege/Vega are as retarded as IIFYM but at least on them you won't be as deficient as someone who Fit is macro with fast food and shit he bough in ShartMart.
>>
File: I didn't ask for this.jpg (46KB, 625x466px) Image search: [Google]
I didn't ask for this.jpg
46KB, 625x466px
BRING OUT YOUR FEDORAS AND BUCKLE UP, IT'S TIME TO CRINGE.

>be normie dyel with normie interests
>college relocates me to bumfuck nowhere
>no friends or people that I could ever relate to other than through school assignments
>decide it's time for coccoon-mode
>spend my freshman year discovering lifting, /pol/ and /fit/
>THEN SUMMER CAME
>went back home
>couldn't find the former joy of being a degenerate with my friends
>sleep's all fucked up, diet becomes all fucked up, betterment mentality also eventually gets fucked up
>it's all fucked up

I srsly just want to find the off-switch for my empathy and social needs. It feels like it's all just holding me back.
I just wanna git gud with cybersecurity, lifting and MMA and get my PI license.
>well at least I'm looking forward to another year of being a total recluse

H-h-hold me /fit/.
>>
So whenever I do seated curls with the EZ bar, my left forearm hurts like fuck, feels like the bone is going to snap whenever I reach the peak of the lift, and as I set the bar down after the last rep

I only curl with 7.5kg either side, what gives?
Is my form wrong? Can't be that bad as I dunno how you can fuck up seated curl form
>>
>>38398605
I have erectile dysfunction, not porn or fap induced either. I've had it for as long as I can remember, probably due to an infection I had as a kid.

I finally booked an appointment with an urologist. If it can't be fixed, should I kill myself? I'm 6'1 pretty buff and in med school so if it can get fixed I can become chad.
>>
>>38409964
well if it can't be fixed /fraud/ is this way: >>38401441
>>
What's that website where you enter how much you can lift for each lift and then it shows a picture of the guy with each muscle colored according to how strong it is? The name is escaping me right now.
>>
>>38409986
symmetricstrength.com
>>
Would making myself puke after a meal help my cut?
>>
>>38410005
Only if it's junk food you weren't supposed to eat you filthy disgusting piece of lard. Learn some self-control.
>>
>>38410005
it would make you retarded
>>
>>38410005
No it would help you ingrave in your tiny brain that binging is ok and that shitfood is yumi and there is no drawback so why not eat the whole cake :-DDDDD + bad teeth and breath .
>>
>>38410028
>>38410030
>>38410031
Wew it amaze me that real questions get no responses in hours but this boy go 3 in less than twenty seconds
>>
>>38410031
>>38410030
>>38410028

I mean, what if it wasn't junkfood, just my regular dinner meal.

I don't eat junkfood, I'm not looking for excuses to do so
>>
>>38410059
Why would you do this if it's part of your meal ?
>>
How long does it take to look like you lift
For how long do yo get noob gains after you start lifting
>>
>>38410070
Pork belly, I feel like it has too much fat in, idk I'm uneducated af
>>
fatso here. I started dieting one and a half month ago, managed to run a few 4k's, and then downloaded Emi's pushup chart
I been doing these pushups, but yesterday I felt some reasonable abdominal pain afterwards, notably when i sneezed
I assume my belly is somehow too weak compared to my arms, is there anything you recommend? Would planking help? Crunches?
>>
>>38410071
First just shut down the "Noob gain gauge " from your brain , There is no "Gain hourglass" that start ticking down when you touch your first barbell . Your noob gain can last for several months or it can be oger in two if you have proper form from the get-go , good sleep + good nutrition and are dedicated .

Also note that there are more than one type of gainz , you can get strength , endurance , mass , power ( explosive ) .
You can focus on strength and you may never look like you lift but you'll be the strongest mofo in the gym ( offcourse your body will improve but you could achieve more look by focusing on a mass ( hypertrophy) routine .

I'd say that in 6 month you could start looking like you lift if right now you're at an acceptable weight .
>>
I just had my Appendix out laparoscopically. How long till I can properly exercise again? And is there anything I can do in the mean time?
The doctors just threw me out the hospital with a box of pain killers after the surgery, didn't really explain the recovery times
>>
Why does SS only say to do a 1x5 deadlift?
>>
>>38410149
Because very soon in the program you'll be pulling enough that you won't have anything left in the tank.
>>
>>38410083
Yeah pork belly do have way too much fat ( especially sat fat ) for the amount of protein it contain . It can be gourmet food but if you eat it plain with rice or pasta it's just junk food brah .
>>
>>38398605
when I'm donating blood am I practically hindering my gains?
>>
>>38410149
Becuase you are already squatting 3x5 which works almost all the same muscles.
>>
>>38410178
No.
>>
>>38410178
Yes
>>
>>38410178
maybe
>>
>>38410194
>>38410195
>>38410206
thank you sameperson
>>
File: 1468659447679.jpg (30KB, 426x640px) Image search: [Google]
1468659447679.jpg
30KB, 426x640px
Asked this before, but maybe i'll ask again with a bit more;

I've been following my gym's everyone's ''personal trainer'' 's program for 2 months. But i have the gut feeling i'm wasting my time, since there are no squats or deadlifts, and of course because it's your average gym dudebro ''personal trainer''. Should i follow his advice? Show i make my own routine? 2 months of his shit still counts me as a beginner? I read the sticky a lot,but i don't like SS nor i think it qualifies for me anymore.

I aim for strenght, weight losses, and aesthetics. Pick related is more or less my goal body. I'm ''built-chubby'', for i have done Judo for years i want a body that can happy me with that aswell.
>>
File: True Goal.jpg (24KB, 246x257px) Image search: [Google]
True Goal.jpg
24KB, 246x257px
>>38410260
Or this one, too. First body would only be attainable after few years of lifting, i guess.
>>
>>38410148
call their offices and leave a message. Or call your GP.

>>38410105
read the sticky. Start lifting weights.
>>
>>38410260
Most PTs are barely-educated morons who throw people on programs that require no effort on the PTs part and have the clients keep coming back to pay them.
>>
>>38410260
>Should i follow his advice?
no
>Show i make my own routine?
no. You are not smart enough to make your own even though you think you are. Do a beginner program.

>2 months of his shit still counts me as a beginner? I read the sticky a lot,but i don't like SS nor i think it qualifies for me anymore.
beginner isn't defined by length of lifting. You can be a beginner after decades of lifting if you were doing a retarded routine the whole time. Even after two months it's very likely you're a beginner. Unless you can lift 1/2/3/4, SS is especially made for you

>I aim for strenght, weight losses, and aesthetics.
all three are pulling you in three different directions. Focus on one first (strength), and then work on the others.
>>
>>38410260
>I aim for strenght, weight losses, and aesthetics
Yeah man good luck with that
>>
>>38408648
IIFYM
>>
>>38402454
cuck
>>
Is there anything valid to drinking you calories? For example would it be easier to drink 7 liquefied pancakes instead of just eating them?
>>
File: Hypertrophy-Strength-Rep-Ranges.png (42KB, 1008x1008px) Image search: [Google]
Hypertrophy-Strength-Rep-Ranges.png
42KB, 1008x1008px
>>38410143
>>
>>38410490
yes for both
>>
File: 1403859589435.jpg (123KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
1403859589435.jpg
123KB, 1080x720px
Grill here. I'm quite thin right now but I want to gain muscle. Is it possible to do without gaining fat along with it? Don't want to bulk at all, I don't want any fat gain, want to keep thin all year round.

pic related is goal body, I'm slightly thinner.
>>
>>38410560
Read the sticky. Esp the parts on Diet & Body Re-composition.
>>
>>38410560
can you? yes, but it'll take literal years to see any significant result. The best you can do is eat at a very slight surplus and increase it slightly whenever your lifts begin to stall.

What you're asking for though is like a marathoner wanting to improve their time to a sub 2 hour marathon by simply walking around the block a few times a week. Look at Conor Mcgregor. He spent the last 5-6 months increasing his weight with personal trainers and cooks controlling his diet 100%. He was complaining on saturday that he didn't like being at a higher weight because he couldn't see his abs.

Your best bet? bulk for a few months, pack on the muscle you want, and then reduce your calories until you look like you want to.
>>
>>38408011
Anyone come on.
>>
>>38408011
If youre obese just fix your diet and lose weight
>>
>>38410613
Thanks, didn't notice those links before on body recomp

>>38410621
I bulked a few months ago and just finished leaning out. It worked well, but I absolutely detested being chubby. I also hate cutting with a passion lol. I hate having even a bit of fat. But I understand your point
>>
>>38408011
>>38408317
>>38410623
a. you're overweight, so your knees are already fuct from carrying your fatass around
b. if your knees hurt after doing body squats, chances are you're loading up too much on your knees and not enough on your legs. In other words, your form is shit
c.someone in your position (an obese person) should not use exercise for weight loss. Yes, you should exercise to improve your general health, but it's literally doing nothing for you in terms of weight loss. That being said, if you're hurting yourself doing body squats (btw, you should start a beginner strength routine with actual weights), you should probably stop doing them and pick up something that is easy on your joints, like swimming or biking.
>>
Anyone have a reliable study proving that the frequency > all ?
>>
File: GSLP_Accessories_DYELs.jpg (115KB, 676x296px) Image search: [Google]
GSLP_Accessories_DYELs.jpg
115KB, 676x296px
>>38405471
>>38407787
>>
File: Whats-the-frequency-Kenneth.jpg (7KB, 157x136px) Image search: [Google]
Whats-the-frequency-Kenneth.jpg
7KB, 157x136px
>>38410681
wat
>>
File: this_4.gif (994KB, 444x375px) Image search: [Google]
this_4.gif
994KB, 444x375px
Does jerking it after a workout decrease the gains?
>>
>>38411026
no
>>
>>38399018
As a recently divorced man coming out of an 8-year marriage that info graphic scares the holy shit outta me...
>>
What's the best martial art to get into for combination of getting fit but also being useful in a fight?
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (245KB, 1920x1040px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
245KB, 1920x1040px
>>38411187
boxing, but generally any one is good as long as it's a legit place and not a "bow to your sensei" pic related type.
>>
Anyone have a good mass gainer recipe?
>>
>>38411253
Is that what all the chink ones are like?

Honestly I'm too slow and inflexible to do the fancy ones probably.
>>
>>38410996
Sry for my bad english, I need a study to prove that frequency is better than volume.
A study to prove that ppl is better than brosplit
>>
>>38411288
yea
a tub of icecream drenched in olive oil topped with peanut butter
>>
>>38410048
>3
>>
DB bench press or barbell bench press if I'm about to start Greyskull?

I'm up 65lbs on the DB bench press (3x8), but I'm starting to stall because getting into position is increasingly a pain in the ass. On the other hand, there is like no wait for the DB bench and there's a better stretch and it works the stabilizers.
>>
>>38396513
>>38396513
>>38396513
Well?
>>
I spent the entire weekend fucking a 9/10 model at my parents house

She's 24 and has 2 kids

How do I continue without any obligations to be their new daddy or her emotional support
>>
I have poison ivy, like really bad. Blisters all over my arm, shit's popping and pusing. I have it wrapped on gauze to prevent infection. Will lifting aggravate it or should I be fine? Also, if I have it wrapped in gauze and covered with a long sleeve will protect against staph from LA fitness's uncleanly patrons?
>>
>>38411576
>2 kids
>24
>9/10 model
don't hang out with her at all and only contact her for sex. That's your best hope.
>>
>>38411600
>if I have it wrapped in gauze and covered with a long sleeve will protect against staph from LA fitness's uncleanly patrons?
nope
>>
File: IMG_20160822_183453253.jpg (2MB, 2340x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160822_183453253.jpg
2MB, 2340x4160px
should I cut or carry on bulking. I was going to carry on bulking to the end of the year, but I've noticed I've got man boobs and I look awful. I'm 5foot8 at 67kg, and estimated 14%.
>>
File: IMG_20160822_183709264.jpg (2MB, 2340x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160822_183709264.jpg
2MB, 2340x4160px
>>38411837
another pic
>>
>>38411837
a. you're not 14% bf, not even close
b. if you cut you'll be cutting to nothing and look like a hungry skellington
c. if you were bulking you did it wrong.
>>
>>38411855
Ding ding

He's probably 23-25% at least. I'd be surprised if he has practically any muscle at all.
>>
what supplemts work ?
>inb4 all
>inb4 none
>>
>>38411600
stay the fuck out of the gym.
>>
>>38398605
I realize this is a bit off-topic, but to be honest I could really use some help on this one and as far as Anonymous people from 4chan goes /fit/izens are really the only ones that I can trust on these things.

Can anyone offer me some ideas on my situation here described: >>>/adv/17486864.

(adblocker breaks posting on that board so if you want to post advice without disabling it unfortunately has to be in this thread)
>>
>>38411876
in terms of what? Which specifically are you asking about? Creatine and caffeine are probably the only legit supplements worth taking that don't rely on hippy/broscience or anecdotal evidence
>>
>>38411912
>We established that I sent her mixed signals when I tried to ask her out.
wut?

look, it's not rocket science. You're past the point where you can simply ask her out (you're at the place where faggots think they've been friendzoned) so you really only have like 2 or three options
-be straight up with her and tell her you're attracted to her and want to date her
-cut bait
-just be her friend and deal with it

yes you bringing up another girl got her to sour up. No you didn't do anything wrong. Yes she was trying to make you jealous. Her reacting like that pretty much tells you she has some investment in you. Why exactly aren't you going out with her?
>>
>>38411936
helping get muscle /lose fat
basically that,im like 3 pounds from my ideal weight and want to speed up a bit the proccess without harming myself or wasting moneys
>>
>>38410653
Yeah but will that fix my knee problem?

>>38410674
I don't know, my form seems fine. I used to do them when I weighed 30 lbs less, and it was all fine. Now it's suddenly like this. I doubt it's my form, but who knows.

I'll bike and do push-ups then I guess.
>>
>>38412008
Thank you for replying.

>-be straight up with her and tell her you're attracted to her and want to date her
What would be the best way to do this? I was thinking about getting her a bit more comfortable/drunk Friday first so she doesn't sperg out (she seems like she got just mad enough to reject me out of spite at the moment). Should I message her? Like you said I'm past the point where I can simply ask her out straight for coffee or something.

I know I should make it clear I'm attracted to her, but I'm not really sure how.

She's almost never alone on campus it would be a bit awkward for both of us to ask her in front of her friends.

>-cut bait
I'm not sure what this means exactly.
>>
currently do SL but I want to add pushups and chinups. I'm too embarrassed to do them at the gym as I can barely do 6 push ups, I'm thinking of doing these as home. Will it make much difference to my gains?
>>
>>38412055
yeah, caffeine would work great for you. Creatine too.

>>38412069
>I don't know, my form seems fine.
clearly it must be since your knees aren't getting blown out...oh wait...

>>38412111
>What would be the best way to do this?
you be straight up wither her and tell her you're attracted to her and want to date her. Send her a text or whatever and tell her you want to talk. Or if you're hanging out with her and some of her/your friends, find an excuse to pull her aside and tell her. Getting her drunk or comfortable or whatever does nothing but give her an excuse to take back her words

>cut bait
fish or cut bait. Means you give up on her and move on.
>>
>>38412196
not really.
>>
>>38410963
>grayskull
>calling others DYEL shitheads
>>
>>38412198
>clearly it must be since your knees aren't getting blown out...oh wait...
Like I said, I've never experienced pain in the knees and I used to do 80 bodyweight squats in a row when I was 30 lbs lighter. Nothing physical has changed except for my weight, my form is the exact same. If my form was shit, wouldn't I also feel pain during the exercise? Currently it's like DOMS except it's actual pain that doesn't feel like muscle pain.
>>
>>38410301
>>38410328
>>38410355
I see. Well, so i should follow one of the Big Three routines then? I hear SS is bad more often than not. How about Greyskulls? I also intend to lift everyday, i don't know what to do with routines like Greyskulls and SS that are on 3 days schedules. Any recommendations?

(Also, yes, i'm aware i'm aiming too high with the Strenght-Aesthetics and weight loss thing. But i'm aware i won't get to my goal body in the next 6 months and i'm ok with being pacient.)
>>
What's the best brand of mastic gum for jaw gains?
>>
>>38412241
just because it didn't hurt before doesn't mean you weren't hurting yourself. A lot of bad things that can happen to the body happen bit by bit before you feel them.

You're just looking for a validation of what you think is wrong. You want that? OK, of course your weight increase is part of the problem. But your form is most likely what is causing it. You sound like a retard so I would say it is 100% you're doing them wrong. Just from the few posts you've posted it is very clear that you have no idea what you're doing. Please go read the sticky, stop doing retarded bodyweight routines, fix your diet, and start an actual lifting routine. Don't forget your cardio. I have faith in you anon.
>>
Is hiring a Personal Trainer worth it? How do i recognize a good gym?
>>
Does Soy protein negatively affect test levels?
>>
>>38410963
If I can't do flies because of lack of equipment and a torn labrum, would something like key pressing, which doesn't involve the Shoulders that much or hand release pushups work instead?
>>
>>38412252
SS gets a bad rap because of retards, not because it's a bad routine. Most beginner strength routines are interchangeable since they're pretty much the same thing. There's literally nothing wrong with SS if you actually do it right and are clear of what should be expected of it. Retards start SS on a cut and expect linear progression and then shit on it when they stall a few weeks in. Or they try to modify it because they think they're lifting geniuses and know better.

Pick one, eat right, do it right.
>>
>>38412327
>Is hiring a Personal Trainer worth it?
no
>How do i recognize a good gym?
they have the equipment you need at reasonable prices

>>38412340
supposedly
>>
>>38412327
By the amount of power racks relative to the size of the gym? Strongman equipment and dust?
>>
>>38412198
Ok thank you, just one last question if you don't mind.

>if you're hanging out with her and some of her/your friends, find an excuse to pull her aside and tell her.
I can see myself doing this relatively easily, but I'm not sure when I'll be able to see her again on campus. Should I risk waiting for an opportunity? It could be tommorow or it could be weeks.

>Send her a text or whatever and tell her you want to talk.
I don't know how I would even start to write this text. Ask her if she's on campus first?

After I get her alone I imagine this conversation going something like "Listen, I'm pretty attracted to you, I was wondering if you'd like to grab coffee* just the two of us some time?"

* [dinner? or is that too weird for uni students (we are 21 and 23 y/o)]

If she rejects me I'd probably lose some friends/suffer embarrasment, but I'm ok with that. I'm just literally not sure how to phrase what I want to say without fucking up again.

Fucking... It's literally easier for me to ask out a random girl on the street at this point.
>>
>>38412424
>Should I risk waiting for an opportunity? It could be tommorow or it could be weeks.
that's up to you. You're making it more complicated than it needs to be. Do you want to wait?

>After I get her alone I imagine this conversation going something like "Listen, I'm pretty attracted to you, I was wondering if you'd like to grab coffee* just the two of us some time?"
you're jumping ahead. You're having a conversation with her, not asking her out to a date.

>listen, I think you're really cute/smart/funny/whatever and I like talking to you and spending time with you and I'd really like to get to know you better and go out on a date

and what the fuck is wrong with you that you think two young people getting dinner alone together is weird? What the hell is weird about it? Where are you from?
>>
>>38412488
>Do you want to wait?
I actually have a fuckton of work at the moment, but I'm worried she'll fall for this other guy in the mean time, wich consequently prevents me from concentrating on my work...

>listen, I think you're really cute/smart/funny/whatever and I like talking to you and spending time with you and I'd really like to get to know you better and go out on a date
This is very good, thank you. I will find a way to do this.

Another problem is I already know a fuckton about her, but that's only because we asked each other a lot of personal questions with her friends present a few months ago. It was weird like we were dating with her friends present...

> what the fuck is wrong with you that you think two young people getting dinner alone together is weird?
It just seems like a boring date for young people? My first dates are coffee and second dates will be doing something/lunch at a place with nice scenary (ex. botanical gardens) etc. Night time people in my circles always go clubbing etc.

I mean I've been on dinner dates before, but another problem I have is the picking an appropriate place, some girls like more expensive places while others find it rediculous and want to go to cheaper places with more young people. Hence why I try to avoid dinner dates all together. Heh I guess I could just ask her what she likes, you're probably right.
>>
>>38412617
>Another problem is I already know a fuckton about her,
then change it to "I'd like to spend more time with you"

>Heh I guess I could just ask her what she likes, you're probably right.
no you fucking retard. Where you take a girl is you telling them about yourself. Just like a girl telling you she likes expensive places or another one telling you she thinks that's ridiculous and wants a cheap place, they're telling you what kind of person they are. You take a girl out to a place you like. If they're into you, they generally won't care how much it costs to go there.
>>
>>38398798
Get your shoes punched, like you would with ski boots. And by punched, for any tard out there, i mean the process in which you heat the shoe to mold it to your foot
>>
>>38412685
Allright thank you Senpai. I really appreciate your time.
>>
>>38399398
Its a good weight loss technique, but may lead to straying from your diet, be careful
>>
>>38402052
no, keep liftan.
>>
When are the best moments during the day to take my protein shake? Knowing that I'm at work from 8:30 am till 6:30 pm and that I absolutely don't want to bring my shaker at work... I workout at 7 pm and go home and eat dinner at about 9 ish
>>
I'm cutting and lifting, when I'm started I was around 20~23% bodyfat(calipers are not really accurate but is the best thing I can do).

My maintain caloric intake is around 2300 cals.
I'm eating around 1800~1600 cals every day.
My starting weight was 93 kg and after 3 weeks I'm at 90kg I'm loosing around a Kg/week.

Now to my questions
>Is this gonna slow down? (aka I have been losing mostly water weight)
>Around what body fat % would Is top having a pot belly?
>How much months of this caloric deficit is it gonna take for me to reach that bf% or at least something like12%?
>How often should I re-calculate my caloric intake?

Thanks in advance.
>>
>>38411306
Thanks so much for that. Exactly what I was looking for.
>>
File: 1433674698374.jpg (168KB, 1200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1433674698374.jpg
168KB, 1200x1800px
I have had really bad pneumonia for the past 2½ weeks, and haven't been able to eat properly until today due to high fever and vomitting. Lost loads and loads of weight and aren't allowed to work out for another week.
How should I go about bulking during this week? I have very little motivation and energy after this bullshit and would love some tips on heavy ass food I can stuff myself full with to gain some weight back asap
>>
>>38412777
WHENEVER. THE. FUCK. YOU. WANT.

>>38412798
>yes
>under 15% probably, depends on your body
>at a 500cal deficit you can expect to lose 1lb a week. You do the math
>around every 5kg
>>
>>38412847
So having a serious protein intake every 3 hours is a meme?
>>
>>38412822
it's a shame that pneumonia didn't end your life.
>>
What's the best way to get back on the horse? I was good about lifting three times a week until finals, so for the past two weeks I haven't been to the gym. I am going today or tomorrow, but I feel weak as shit. Should I pick up where I left off? Should I have a couple of "welcome back" workouts? What to do bros
>>
>>38412890
go today, take off a few pounds from working sets
>>
>>38412870
Thank you, friend.

>>38412890
Just warm up to a few lbs under where you left off. And be prepared for the doms
>>
>>38412822
Red meat and potatoes. Maybe a fiberous vegetable as a side? Best caloric and protein bang for your buck, really.

Get a fat new york strip (or multiples?) some baby red potatoes, butter, seasoning, everything. Giant ass ear of corn, broccoli, whatever.

Just eat like a king.

>>38412870
You're a cunt and I fucked your mother.
>>
Is doing pushups intermittently while gaming going to benefit me at all? or is it just a waste of time?
>>
>>38412912
>>38412919
Thanks gents will do
>>
>>38412931
it'll make you good at doing pushups intermittently while gaming
>>
>>38400474
Did you know if you pronate? Ask the people at the store for shoes specifically designed for how much you do/don't pronate.
>>
>>38412925
Thanks. Preparing an evening sandwich with beef, potato sallad, some radishes and a couple of glasses of milk right now. Fuck feeling skinny, time to get beefy
>>
When it says increase weight with each lift in SS does it mean go straight to maxing out and increase weight every workout, or increase weight with each set of your workout?
>>
>>38400474
>>38412952
most likely it has nothing to do with pronating or whatever. Chances are it's the shoes. Nikes always tend to be narrow and personally I think they suck for running. The shoe just probably doesn't fit your foot right.
>>
>>38412822
Ayylmao he forgot his squat rack and bench
>>
>>38413008
say your working weight for BP is 135lbs today. You do 3 sets of 5 reps at that weight. On friday when you do BP again, you do 3 sets of 5 reps at 140lbs.
>>
When cutting, the last part of your body that changes is the abs right?
>>
>>38413049
no.
>>
>>38400635
Try cutting carbs. High fat will fill you up. You'll eventually need to count calories and so on but hopefully you'll have lost weight and that will motivate
>>
>>38413047
Gotcha, thanks
>>
>>38400635
>>38413078
that's kind shit advice. You can't force discipline, you have to build it up. Make small healthy changes and let them build up
>>
>>38412798
>>Is this gonna slow down? (aka
>I have been losing mostly water weight)
Bingo
>>Around what body fat % would Is top having a pot belly?
14-18% it really depends on your genetics, but it doesn't matter, just keep cutting untill you look like you want to. Callipers are to measure differentials only, not a number that should have absolute meaning to you.
>>How much months of this caloric deficit is it gonna take for me to reach that bf% or at least something like12%?
Here's an ugly hack of a calculation I use which proceeds as follows keep measuring and adjusting the variables every week or so:

First we assume that roughly 20% of the mass you will lose will be lean body mass (conservative only if you're cutting at a slow rate while lifting)

W = Your weight (I need it to do this) = 90 kg
LBM = Your lean body mass =~ 90 (1 - 0.2) = 72 kg
F = Fat = 18 kg
P = Your target bodyfat percentage = 12%
T* = Your target weight at ~12% = 80 kg
O = Fat offset = 0.12 * 80 - 18 = - 8 kg
E = Calories to burn = O*9*1000 = 72 000 cal
D = Average Daily deficit = 1400 cal/day

Finally you can calculate the amount of days it takes as
= E/D = 51.4 days.

*NOTE: We can find T by iteration (if you do this by hand you can spam values until you get close to 12% including your lean body mass loss rate of 0.2%), this is a one dimensional optimization problem since you don't know what your target weight is for a given P (since at a P the target weight is calculated to include the loss in lean body mass). I can upload a spreadsheet that does the optimization for you if you want, but it's convoluted to everyone but me and it didn't work for Anons last time).

>>How often should I re-calculate my caloric intake?
I do it about weekly while I'm cutting and bimonthly during maintenance just in case.

Also always remember that all these estimates generally suck. If you are not losing weight then decrease your food intake, if you're losing weight too fast then increase it again.
>>
>>38413149
Sorry forgot to complete before posting, here's the full algorithm that you can spam manually (but ideally use a spreadsheet/python script)

W = Your weight = 90 kg
LBM = Your lean body mass = 90 (1 - starting bf%)=~ 90 (1 - 0.2) = 72 kg
F = Fat = 18 kg
P = Your target bodyfat percentage = 12%

> Now keep changing T:
T* = Your target weight at ~12% = 80 kg
> Now calculate the following using the estimated T:
>> LBM_T = Lean body mass after cut = LBM - 0.2 * (W - T)= 72 - (90 - 0.2) = 70 kg
>> F_t = Fat after cut = T - LBM_T = 10 kg
>> Bodyfat_out = 100(F_t / T) = 12.5%
^^^Keep changing T untill Bodyfat_out is close to the desired value, now you can finally complete the calculation:

O = Fat offset = 0.12 * 80 - 18 = - 8 kg
E = Calories to burn = O*9*1000 = 72 000 cal
D = Average Daily deficit = 1400 cal/day

Finally you can calculate the amount of days it takes as
= E/D = 51.4 days.

Like I said if you can into STEM just plug this all into an optimizer to get instant answers.
>>
>>38412310
>You're just looking for a validation of what you think is wrong.
I really highly doubt it. I just don't see how this is possible:
>weight about 190
>do 50 body squats a few times a week
>legs become a little stronger and no problems whatsoever
>take a break for 2 years
>physical health deteriorates
>start exercising again
>do 10 body squats
>knees hurt for weeks
>stop hurting
>do 10 body squats
>knees hurt for weeks again

I just don't understand how, but if wrong form is literally the only way this could've happened then I guess you're right? I'll look up some videos.

Also:
>knees hurt after 10 bodyweight squats
>wants me to do an "actual" routine which probably contains weighted squats

Come on.
>>
>>38413292
>Also:
>>knees hurt after 10 bodyweight squats
>>wants me to do an "actual" routine which probably contains weighted squats
>Come on.
like I said, you're a retard. Please read the sticky, you're wasting your time with bodyweight squats
>>
>>38412868
Research shows that even Whey protein will still supply amino acids to your blood stream over 12 hours after consumption.

Presumably you eat more complex meals. So you can see why meal timing is pretty much irrelevant. It's about being consistent over months not making sure you get your fucking shake every few hours.
>>
>>38413149
>>38412847

Thanks for the replies.

>>38413149
>>38413277
Isn't a 1400 cal daily deficit really bad? as in it will trigger the starvation mode? (or something like that is what the sticky says)

and thanks for the algorithm I will try it out.
>>
>>38413333
>Isn't a 1400 cal daily deficit really bad? as in it will trigger the starvation mode? (or something like that is what the sticky says)
it depends on your weight but no, it's not that bad. Starvation mode is generally a myth and isn't triggered until you're literally starving.
>>
>>38413333
>>38413349
also, that "algorithm" is largely unnecessary and retarded. All you have to do is weigh yourself and after you've lost 5kg, you recalculate your tdee.
>>
File: thee.jpg (10KB, 300x247px) Image search: [Google]
thee.jpg
10KB, 300x247px
DYEL making gains from skelly mode here

I have noticed a horizontal "band" forming across my chest below my collar bones and about 2 inches tall and fading into my pecs.

It's kinda blocking that vertical separation of the pecs. Is it cancer?

2nd question: I really dislike lat pulldowns. Is the rowing machine and 20 pull-ups and 20 chin-ups 3 times a week okay for lats? DO pulldowns do something for my lats rows and pull/chins won't?
>>
>>38413390
post pics

and lat pulldowns target the lats so if you want lats, best to do them. You should also be doing pullup chinups regardless
>>
>>38413333
Sorry about that, 1400 cal is my rest day calories I still had it my sheet (I'm experimenting with a variation of leangains; I have 1400 on rest days and eat maintenance on average).

~600 cal gives you about 120 days.

At your bodyfat % I'd recommend a higher deficit than 600, you will mostly lose fat, you can reduce your deficit when you get sub-12%.

>>38413370
>All you have to do is weigh yourself and after you've lost 5kg, you recalculate your tdee.
Which is the same thing >>38413277 does only it also accounts for LBM...

I know it looks unnecessary to do the full energy balance, but once you have it coded in you literally press the same amount of buttons (just changing input your new measurements) so it doesn't really matter.
>>
>>38412196
you're already benching. why add pushups? best accessories are dips on A and pull/chin-ups on B.
>>
I went on a 2 week vacation during which I ate like shit and didn't work out. But today when I lifted again for the first time 2 weeks I felt fucking great, like I've gotten stronger by doing nothing.

Can anybody explain this to me? Is it a placebo or an effect of giving myself rest time?
>>
>>38413522
yes and no. You also built up energy in your body by eating a lot without working out. Something something glycogen stores something something.
>>
File: Progresso.jpg (102KB, 902x471px) Image search: [Google]
Progresso.jpg
102KB, 902x471px
Currently skinnyfat, 5'9" 140lbs

what do you guys think of my plan?

GSLP (eating at TDEE +300), until I stop linearly progressing (9 months~)

PHUL (eating at TDEE -300), until 10%BF

PHAT (bulk to 15%~, cut to 10% again)

picture isn't me but my body is very much similar but more gyno
>>
>>38413563
how about you get the beginner part over with before you put the cart ahead of the horse?
>>
Got weaker while on SL 5x5.

Today was my 4th workout (second time workout B) and I was only able to do 5 chinups on my first set.

Last time I could do 6. I weighted 144,5 lbs today, last time 139 lbs. Does bodyweight make such a difference? I should've made the 6 reps, no?

Additional Info: I had a good day and lots of energy, even managed to complete my 55 lbs OHP after I failed bad last wednesday.

Is it normal that your bodyweight exercises get worse when you gain weight fast?
>>
>>38413563
Your dedication is great but just focus on accomplishing smaller goals first, then tackle bigger things. Everything in due time my man, you'll make it.
>>
>>38413595
>Does bodyweight make such a difference?
Biomechanics are complicated. All I can tell you is that 5lb can be enough of a difference in my rep range for weighted pullups.
>>
>>38413595
>is it normal that adding weight to a lift makes it harder?
>>
>>38413579
but do you agree with bulking until noob gains run out, or just cut down to twink mode first?
>>
>>38413621
don't put too much focus on noob gains. And generally yes, one should bulk and increase strength first before moving on to other stuff.
>>
>>38413595
Yes, according to this calculator:
http://www.exrx.net/Calculators/OneRepMax.html

Your 1rm actually got stronger by 2lbs!
>>
>>38413621
There's nothing really wrong with either. You're being the "should I cut or bulk" guy right now. The answer is bluntly, you should work out.
>>
File: chenok.jpg (9KB, 220x200px) Image search: [Google]
chenok.jpg
9KB, 220x200px
>>38413641
>>38413648
>>
>>38413611
>>38413619
>>38413646
thx, that's motivation
>>
>>38399226
woah man 55kg stallin
im at 80kg and ive been lifting like 2 months
how much you weigh?
>>
>>38402198
I dont do that exact variation but greyskulls a sweet program for putting on strength.

Best resets ever stalling isnt even bad.
My bench was 55kg when i started, think it was round 90kg after 3 months on greyskull.

Keep in mind I came from couple months of fucking round in gym learning form.

Also OHP nearly doubled from 40kg which I was stuck on
>>
>>38413929
P.S before people say thats impossible progress Ive played rugby for 14 years and worked in construction for years so I had a bit of strength to begin with.
Also just eat alot who cares if you get a bit fat you get huge aswell. (this advice only if you are still in your young test levels)
>>
5'11, 20yrs, 150lbs

I was about 190lbs last year. Went on Auschwitz diet, 1000-1500 cal/day.

I have no idea how much I should be eating. Started stronglifts from march-may. Took a ~2mo break, went back to the gym at the end of july. Been going consistently 5 days a week. I do SL mixed with some isolation stuff. Made some noob gains, but i feel like i should be eating more than 2200 calories.

need advice fampai
>>
>>38414246
you should be eating about 250 - 500 calories above your tdee for a safe bulk. I would probably eat around 3000 calories and see how it goes.
>>
I never put my activity level into TDEE calculators. I ride my bike 28km 5 days a week and do Stronglifts 3 days a week. Should I put in moderate exercise 3-5 per week or 'No activity' into the calculator?
>>
>>38414280
better to go with no activity.
>>
File: Nase.png (556KB, 884x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Nase.png
556KB, 884x1080px
>>38414276
wow, that seems like a whole lot.

I have a hard time eating over 2000. Is it okay to meet 20% of that requirement with whey?

lol there's only so much chicken, beans, and broccoli i can eat.
>>
>>38414365
bulking can be tough if you're not used to eating but you gotta do it if you want to put on muscle.

And it doesn't matter where the protein and calories come from as long as you get them in you. Ideally, you should be able to do it without whey.
>>
>>38414433
>>38414365
never understand how people struggle to bulk.

Food is the best
>>
>>38414307
Yeah thanks I'll stick to no activity. It's pretty stupid how adding 3 days of exercise adds 700 calories to those calculators.
>>
>>38412348
Key press might be ok and beneficial
>>
>>38414669
your body adjusts to a low-calorie diet and naturally suppresses hunger when you've been on it long enough. Same goes for the opposite direction.
Thread posts: 341
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.