[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Problems with bodybuilding

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20150815_124651.jpg (1MB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150815_124651.jpg
1MB, 1536x2048px
I want to make this thread to address some problems i believe exist with bodybuilding and other factors with it. Now i am not a scientist but i believe my claims are reasonable to accept.

1. Stress
Bodybuilding programs 3days-5days a week 24/7 are stressful on the body, causing you to live less, why would you live less? Because you are 24/7 putting maximum stress on your body i.e going to the gym 3-5days a week. Your body is forced to create more muscle which means your breaths must be deeper and longer and your heart must pump blood faster. Does this make you more resistant to illness short term? Yes. But in the long term you forfeit a percentage of your life expectancy for a more powerful body now. Bodybuilding is also a powerful contributor to male baldness, males suffer from baldness because they are more stressed out, lifting only makes this worse.

2. Protein costs
Eating 100g+ of protein a day is expensive and costly, and you cant keep it up forever. The tip of the iceberg in the bodybuilding community is full of people who purchase costly designer brand protein powders and exotic compounds to enhance their performance, as the years or months go by they will probably drop these and switch to eating mostly chicken breast every single day, at some point you have to realize your paying a premium for muscles you rarely use outside the gym and again, are cutting time off the clock you have on this earth.
>>
>>38392231
>I don't know what subjective value or cost-benefit are.
>>
>>38392231
>this much autism
>>
File: 1311298026508.jpg (74KB, 351x236px) Image search: [Google]
1311298026508.jpg
74KB, 351x236px
>>38392231

>Bodybuilding programs 3days-5days a week 24/7 are stressful on the body, causing you to live less, why would you live less?

barring injuries and steroids, lifters will ALWAYS live longer than your average skinnyfat faggot

> Because you are 24/7 putting maximum stress on your body i.e going to the gym 3-5days a week. Your body is forced to create more muscle which means your breaths must be deeper and longer and your heart must pump blood faster.

what is cardio
what is homeostatis

>Bodybuilding is also a powerful contributor to male baldness, males suffer from baldness because they are more stressed out, lifting only makes this worse.

only in some steroid users

> at some point you have to realize your paying a premium for muscles you rarely use outside the gym and again, are cutting time off the clock you have on this earth.

said the fatass, as he stuffed his mouth full of mcdonalds

"i-im s-saving time. n-not like i need muscle anyway hehe"
>>
>>38392242
Yes there is a subjective value for each person, i just came to these conclusions myself, im tired of paying for chicken breast or tuna or whatever. I honestly feel like the whole bodybuilding community is quite cringeworthy now, first off its quite an unhealthy hobby again because of the stress and the time it cuts off your life, but also drug abusers manage to slip into the community too and so naive young people are at risk of falling into that crowd.

Not to mention the protein supplement crap and all the synthetic supplements these jews are trying to peddle to boys, its a completely recent phenomenon in that the availability of all these man made chemical proteins and supplements became available to us goys only recently i.e in the past few decades.

What would the men of WW2 era and before think of these estrogenized boy faggots all jacked up and high on these synthetic products?
>>
I went to the gym for the second time this friday, my trainer guy got me in a 15 repetition, 3 sets program with 8+ machines every day.

I can't stretch my arms all the way out without moderate pain to the inside of my elbows, can't lift my arms upwards and I'm feeling a weird kind of painful sore. Should I go see a doctor?
>>
>>38392291

tricep delayed onset muscle soreness

get back in the gym man, hit the muscle again and it'll eventually go away

everyone gets that when they first start
>>
>>38392291
You obviously shouldnt be doing something if its hurting your body, like youve probably heard people saying to you go hard til you cant go any longer right?

Well theres some people that can actually go hard but in a good way, then theres people that fuck up their bodies going hard for reps when they are hurting.
>>
>>38392303
Will do!
>>
>>38392316
no dont listen to this man
>>
>>38392315
Well it didn't hurt at all when I was still in the gym, and I didn't go especially hard. My fear is that all the localized, curlbro oriented exercises to a <6 inch wristlet might have fucked something up..
>>
>>38392316
>>38392324

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QX5b3wnzdPg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NDAysp5n5M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wG8k3NB_K20

ok
>>
>>38392342
if your going to lift just go for plain lifts, you'll see results, and at some point you will reach your genetic potential and theres nothing you can do about it
>>
>>38392303
>>38392351
You clearly didnt read what he wrote, he is having ELBOW pain, aka joint pain.

You guys are stupid and are lifting yourselves and your casketinto an early grave. Bodybuilding is a relatively recent phenomenon and in the future medicine will undoubtedly declare that strenuous exercise like this is not recommended for those that are looking to maximize their genetic lifespan potential.
>>
>>38392315
>>38392342
Don't fucking listen to this guy
Lift
You get sore
Embrace the pain
Eventually you won't get sore and you'll miss it
>>
>>38392231
Medfag here.
You are a moron
>>
>>38392231
Bodybuilding sucks balls. But you arent a man if you dont train hard.
>>
You're a piece of shit
>>
>>38392291
enjoy rhabdomyolysis brah

lel
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.