[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help for a friend (American Football Training)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

So I've a friend who really wants to become quarter back for his school's football team this upcoming year. He's come to me to help him out.

The only issue is that he hasn't trained all summer and now has approximately two weeks to train himself to get better at throwing the ball.

I'm asking for your guy's help, what can he do in two weeks? I know it's a REALLY short time frame but starting now is better than not doing anything.

Thank you so much for anything to get him started!!
>>
lets be honest is that friend actually you, its ok if it is senpai
>>
>>38391997
It's not but ok :(
>>
>>38391975
I don't really know a lot about football, but I take it you need a lot of leg strength, so squats, deadlifts, calf raises, and jumping stuff.
Also cardio seems pretty important, so do clapping push-ups and sprints
>>
>>38392013
Yeah alright thanks
>>
>>38391975
Throwing would be triceps, shoulder, obliques, and calves

Train those for speed and just throw 24/7 with good form and learn the fucking plays

For general performance in the sport however
>paused bench (I recommend low since you get low and bunch up)
>paused closegrip bench with either heavy dumbbells or a football or ladder bar
>push press and/or split press
>drag curls
>back squats
>paused front squats (fucking golden)
>weighted sit-ups
>pendlay rows
>deadlifts
>high pulls, cleans, and snatch pulls
>calves raises heavy and a lot of sets
>40 dashes, 100 sprints, sled drags, sled pushes, mobility drills

These are probably already largely implemented in your sports conditioning and won't change shit in 2 weeks and your post was generally retarded and bait-esque but fug eet
>>
>>38392260
I meant to say incline since you get low and punch up I am just mobile autismo
>>
>>38392260
I love you too thanks bb
>>
I guess throwing drills are out of the question
>>
Well if he wants to get better at throwing the football, I recommend throwing no more than 50 times a day (throwing long passes is really bad on the rotator cuff) doing various on the run passes, but more importantly learn the playbook to where you could rewrite that shit from memory.
Form is just about everything in passing the ball just like how it is when lifting heavy weights.
if you just strong arm it all the time you will injure yourself eventually.

t. former highschool QB
>>
>>38391975
I played football throughout my years at highschool and did varsity and shit. It was real fun while it lasted and if I could do it all over again, I would've trained to be a better offensive back but being a defensive back was also fuckin fun. throughout the seasons, I played as a corner, wr, and outside linebacker. If your friend wants to be a good quarter to become starting then he needs to have good triceps which he can get through normal football workout routines with the team since the triceps are mainly used in throwing the ball but biceps and fore arms are also used kinda with the cock up and follow through after throwing. Triceps Triceps Triceps. Also he needs to have good timing and coordination so he doesn't piss off the Wr's when he passes too high and shit and makes an incomplete. Other than that, he needs good upper body strength to be ok after getting sacked.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.