[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is body recomposition possible?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1451303124523[1].png (602KB, 963x720px) Image search: [Google]
1451303124523[1].png
602KB, 963x720px
So I've been reading about body recomposition rather than the tradition bulking and cutting.

The basic premise is that rather than bulking or cutting one should should choose a target body weight and bodyfat % and eat as if you were trying to maintain that. It seems like there's some logic to that, but I don't really understand the details of muscle gain/fat loss well enough to tell if it's legit or not.

thoughts?
>>
It's only worth it if you are at an extremely high bf and obese

For us regular guys it just means slower gains. Bulk for a year solidly, train hard get your strength up, then cut
>>
>>38390336
Not OP but what if i never want to gain ANY fat whatsoever? I can't handle it mentally. Not even if i know i'm going to cut later. Can i recomp if i accept slow gains?
>>
>>38390583
Then it's just called a clean bulk, and it's kind of what you are meant to do anyway.

Eat clean and max 500 calories above TDEE. Fat gain will be minimal (although you will always gain a tad of fat). Just go on a cut as soon as you reach 14% until you are down to like 10-12% again and continue clean bulking from there.
>>
>>38390290

On 500+ mg of tren a week or 1.5grams of weaker steroids yeah you can recomp.

Nattyshits cant recomp at all outside the brief noob gains phase
>>
>>38390336
>It's only worth it if you are at an extremely high bf and obese
say that is the case then recomp could work? what about all that shit about muscles not rebuilding while on a calorie deficit etc.?
>>
>>38390643
Those percentages are irrelevant to me cause i'm a chick and don't i need a smaller surplus because i don't gain muscle as fast as males?

I mean i've basically been eating 100 to 200 above maintenance for a while, gains are pretty slow but then again i mostly use dumbbells so i can't microload.

Anyway, obviously have gained a little fat, but again, would rather not put on any at all if it's even remotely possible.
>>
>>38391125
Its better to get over the mental block that you cant stand gaining fat. Its isnt like you will ballon up into someone on stufferdb. You will gain muscle in prooprtion to fat on a clean bulk (or really a bulk thats not just mcdonalds). What im getting at is you wount look fat if you bulk. You can slow bulk at 200kcal sure but again gains will be slow. The body doesnt care if your male or female for gaining muscle past like the first 5 months. to the body all it sees is theres a need to rebuild muscle due to constant stress on them.

Most of this depends purely on fitness goals too.
>>
>>38391239
Ah, i mean, due to less test my body will only use [x] amount of calories toward hypertrophy vs. a larger number for males, right?

Nature wants us to have more fat cause nature on that bullshit.
>>
>>38390290
so explain to me something. people who don't believe body recomp is possible think it's pointless to go to the gym while cutting? or just that you can't make gains?
>>
>>38391307
cal surplus: workout to add muscles mass

cal deficit: workout to maintain as much muscle mass as possible
>>
>>38391600
yeah this is the thing I'm puzzled over. I get that it might be true that you can't gain muscle while cutting but if you have to work out all the same anyway what does it matter if it results in gains or just maintaining?
>>
>>38391614

Because generally, people who lift want to keep making gains.
>>
>>38392717
but if there's nothing you an do about it what does it help to know?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.