[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/running/ general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 309
Thread images: 35

File: pre.jpg (154KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
pre.jpg
154KB, 1200x900px
Didn't see a running thread.
Finished a 5-day running routine (M-F) and did weights today (Sat.), can tomorrow be a full rest day or should I do that extra run tomorrow (Sun.) morning?
>>
Bump
About to go for a walk
You should go on an hour long walk for your rest day anon
It helps with recovery
>>
>>38388232
That sounds good actually, should this be a leisure walk or a brisk walk?

enjoy your walk fellow anon, I have work.
>>
>>38387641
Can you post your routine and what is your goal?
>>
>>38388324
Leisure walk.
Trust me, I always do super light walks for my running recoveries.
>>
>>38388324
Just a light walk.

>>38387641
I tend to have wednesday and sunday off. How long are you running for and at what pace?
>>
Ran 6 miles today. Felt great while I was doing it now I'm at work and want to die
>>
avoid running on more than 5 days a week unless you follow some strict schedule that demands otherwise
but no reason to slack totally, go walk as mentioned above 1-2 hours at slow pace and do various stretching exercises
>>
advice for easing myself back into running after tearing a muscle? I play a contact sport and I want to go back to practice soon. Went out for the first time in weeks and ran about 2 miles thursday with no pain, just a bit of tightness. Went out and did drills and a short run yesterday and felt a bit sore after that so I'm resting today so I don't jump right back in and fuck everything up again. Should I be waiting until there's no soreness at all before really starting activity up again?
>>
File: i still hate marathon training.jpg (255KB, 1438x1280px) Image search: [Google]
i still hate marathon training.jpg
255KB, 1438x1280px
I still hate marathon training. I cannot wait until this is over and my sister realizes how running a marathon is shitty. I hope she hits the wall at mile 12 and has to walk the rest of the time.
>>
>>38387641
Cumulative fatigue, activate!

>>38388440
I gets better the more often you do it.

>>38388582
Sounds like too much at once. Do running every other day and slow. RICE. Also, add in hill sprints once or twice a week. I'm assuming you regularly do squats and deadlifts?
>>
I've quit weightlifting because I got bored

I fancy getting back into running

what's a good thing for beginners to do?
>>
>>38388748
Depends on your goals. Long distance running? Short distance? Sprinting?

Don't give up weightlifting. Weightlifting actually benefits runners very well. You need to do a new routine. Just throwing out an idea: have you tried advanced calisthenics? Like say for example pistol squats or ring handstand push-ups?
>>
>>38388689
What's that app called?
>>
>>38388689
>I hope she hits the wall at mile 12 and has to walk the rest of the time.

you're incredibly fucked up.
>>
>>38388779
>Depends on your goals. Long distance running? Short distance? Sprinting?

I just want general health - jack of all trades: cardio edition

>Just throwing out an idea: have you tried advanced calisthenics?

That's my plan actually. By weightlifting I meant barbell training -- I just stopped enjoying trying to reach certain numbers and doing the same shit over and over; it became more of a chore and something to "get out of the way" than something I'd be excited for and enjoy doing
>>
>>38388689
running a marathon is a huge meme. why not go for an olympic triathlon?
>>
>>38388783
Runtastic. Also recommended is RunKeeper and Map My Run.

>>38388805
It's just the soreness. I don't truly mean it. Good thing I can start my taper now.
>>
>>38388732
Before I got injured I was already doing hill sprints. Typically I'd jog to a hill I like nearby and then do reps up it. I do squats but not deads, got injured at a fortunate time though as my uni gym becomes unusable with the influx of freshmen/returning upperclassmen who swear they're going to stick to a routine this semester.
>>
>>38388838
How many times were you running up it? What grade was it?

>>38388834
How far do you want to go for distance?

>>38388835
Because I don't want to do it.
>>
>>38388880
for now I'm happy staying under 7 milesish

I used to do 12 miles a week way back in my brosplit+cardio days but I don't think it benefited me much
>>
File: funtimes.jpg (106KB, 1118x612px) Image search: [Google]
funtimes.jpg
106KB, 1118x612px
>>38388689
marathon is fun, that is, until you hit the Wall at around 30kms and have to spend the last quarter of the distance crawling forward with slow jog and occasional walking because your legs are about to give in

that being said, the first 30km are always fun
the last 2kms are glorious too

it's the Wall that is the brutal, most masochistic part and the main reason why so many masochistic long distance runners are addicted to marathons

(laugh at my time if you want, I was doing at a 10kmh pace the first three hours before experiencing total energy wipeout)
>>
>>38387641
What is the best food to eat about half an hour before a long run on a morning?
>>
>>38388998
one banana, seriously. it has quick sugars and long-effect sugars in it, and doesn't cause stomach cramps.
however, I would advise eating well the evening before, then just drinking something before hitting the road, if just possible.

and if you have to eat, aim 2-3 hours before the run. if earlier, eat some rye bread (again a variety of long and short sugars)
>>
>>38388998
It's gonna sound like a meme to some, but chugging a bottle of soylent 2.0 has gone pretty well for me running, from a half and a full marathon and everything in between. Normally I have a very finicky stomach too.
>>
>>38388935
Congrats on that run! I hate the wall. The first marathon I done I hit it at mile 16 and the last 10 was torturous to me. Luckily, I'm finding that I'm not hitting it until mile 18 during my trainings.

>>38388915
Start with C25K then progress to bridge to 10k. After you are able to do 5k's, start with other types of runs like tempos and intervals during your shorter runs (less than 3 miles). Track work like doing 800m repeats helps a lot with speed work since you're going to run these fast. Also add in hill sprints and plyometrics to help. You can do both of these on your lifting days.

>>38388998
Whatever works for you and doesn't make your stomach upset. Bananas are a common suggestion. I typically have a protein shake made with 1 cup of coffee, 1 cup of lowfat milk, 1 scoop of whey, 2 tblspoons of peanut butter and 1 packet of Carnation instant breakfast. I also eat a Jimmy Dean breakfast sausage egg and cheese sandwich.
>>
>>38388880
7%, not the steepest but I live in a city and it's the best I can get without dodging cars. There's a hill in a park nearby that might be steeper but the path is narrow and I don't want to run into people. I had only just started them before I got hurt, but I was doing 2 sets of 5 usually. I also do plenty of sprinting at practices/by myself when doing drills.
>>
>>38389051
>Congrats on that run! I hate the wall. The first marathon I done I hit it at mile 16 and the last 10 was torturous to me. Luckily, I'm finding that I'm not hitting it until mile 18 during my trainings.

yeah, I have 3 marathons behind me now. Maybe doing one this autumn if all goes well. first one went fine, 2nd and 3rd I got the Wall-treatment at 30s.
The longest training exercises that I do are 1-2 30kms, and a dozen or more half marathons. 21km is easy peasy at this point for my body, sadly it is not helping much when running the real distance.

I think too many +30km runs are too tiring for your body, or maybe I just get too exhausted and avoid doing too many of them. They need lot of recovery, which means many days of rest, which in turn does not suit my running addiction.
>>
running is gay
>>
>>38389090
Not nearly as gay as me. Wanna fuck?
>>
>>38388419
i do that same as you anon but thur instead of wed.
mon abs + 3km fast pace
tue chest + 3km fast pace
wed back + abs + 6km mid pace
thur off
fri shoulder + abs +3km fast pace
sat arms + 6km mid pace
sun off
>>
File: 1466503039471.png (47KB, 285x270px) Image search: [Google]
1466503039471.png
47KB, 285x270px
>>38389119
>>
>>38389079
Try them again. This time, add in 1 extra one per session. Try to sprint for 10-20 seconds.

Another suggestion like I mentioned in >>38389051. Add in some plyometrics.

>>38389088
I have to agree with the half-marathons part. They're way too easy now. I can usually complete those with no issues. Even the two I did as a part of my speed training (since I run a lot faster during races) I was barely out of breath and completed them in 1:30.

It is definitely true with doing too many. It's why I didn't do any of my shorter runs this past week since I was too tired to do them. Though, the 2mile one was actually halted because the good ol' RD and I couldn't get back into rhythm afterwards. I was attempting to run 6 miles on that one.
>>
>>38389145
>how lewd
>don't talk to me again
She's playing hard to get. She wouldn't have hearts as pupils if she was truly serious.
>>
Any sprinters/hurdlers here?
>>
File: 1471484801101.jpg (56KB, 704x528px) Image search: [Google]
1471484801101.jpg
56KB, 704x528px
>>38387641
i actually did Week 4 of Couch25k, lads

I ran for 5 minutes straight, twice

W E W
E
W
>>
>>38389174
if you are serious about tracking time (kinda useful when wanting to improve time in races), get a proper running watch.

it's a good investment, a 200€/$ watch should last ~5 years at least and will help you more than some mobile app.

I'm using Suunto R2, but basically any watch with a GPS and heartrate censoring will do. I guess you can get a censor for mobile these days, but IMO having a wristwatch seems easier (+censor belt around your chest)
>>
I run about 6 miles, 3 times a week. Is that too much. I think I'm developing knee pain.
>>
>>38388835
Get the fuck off a running thread faggot.
>>
>>38389228
Thank you for your suggestion!
>>
>>38388935
Mate your talking about the wall like its this incredible thing. It's a combination of extreme fatigue and not enough/proper nutrition. Practise drinking something better than water and eating something small or taking gels in during your marathon and you'll find it reduces pain you're talking about. Ultrafag here before you green text some shit about not knowing what I'm talking about.
>>
>>38389407
>>38389407
I believe you, I hope that after a few more years I might one day try 50km distance, or more, if my body just allows.

and as you probably know, it's not some pain, just a total feeling of utter exhaustion due to diminishing energy resources. a few more marathons and one day I will learn the proper way to minimize +30s fatigue.

last marathon I drunk too much, didn't help much, and somehow just lost will to keep up fast movement around ~33km. More gels and more willpower for next try.

might be also that I just didn't exercise enough, maybe more exercise would have resulted in slightly better endurance, or maybe I just didn't eat optimally before the races.
>>
>>38389522
You sound switched on about what you need to do but if I can add one more thing based on what you said earlier to another guy, you really need to increase your long runs to as close to 35km as possible. You'll notice a big difference is you can manage 35km in training and get your hydration right. Good luck
>>
Why is hill sprints always suggested? I see zero benefit with them for long distance runners. How is running as fast as you can up a hill going to benefit someone who runs a steady pace over a long distance?
>>
>>38390516
variety in training
prepares for the occasional hill climb you may encounter during race days
just why some people choose "high inclination" on treadmills, it requires greater effort and burns more calories.
>>
>>38390606
I can see the variety part. How does it prepare for hill climbs? If it's a race, you are using your slow twitch fibers for endurance. Sprints use fast twitch and rely on strength and power, not endurance. People use high inclines to give themselves a challenge.
>>
>Looks like man
>Has the muscular frame of a man
>Has been tested and has the same levels of testosterone as standard men
>Is allowed to compete with women
>Dominates the races she runs in
So tell me why the Olympics aren't a joke anymore?
>>
File: chapa&salazar.jpg (53KB, 204x220px) Image search: [Google]
chapa&salazar.jpg
53KB, 204x220px
>>38390516
>hill sprints always suggested? I see zero benefit with them for long distance runners

Hill sprints (especially alactic short hills) are essentially "resistance" training for distance runners.

Because of the knee-lift and dorsiflexion, and arm drive, required, it is also a good form-builder.
>>
>>38390801
I don't see the resistance part since you can do that running up hills on long runs. I can see the rationale with the form though. Thanks. I'll start doing them for that reason.
>>
How long until Farah takes the lead in the 5000m?
>>
>>38390853

The intensity is an important part of the
'resistance' bit. Tempo or distance running on hills isn't going to be quite the same thing.
>>
>/dyel/
Daily reminder that running is for chicks,fags and ethiopians.
>>
>>38390889
>running is for chicks,fags and ethiopians.
College runners pull more tail than gym-rat bodybuilders, I guaran-fucking-tee it :)
>>
>>38390897
> um... ok...
I didn't say that straight men don't run...I just said that they shouldn't.
>>
>>38390853
Are you watching the Olympics? You see how Farah just dominated the 5000m without trying? He even did something different by running in the lead for a significant amount of time instead of just dominating the final laps. That is why you do hill sprints. In long distance running, your body can use anaerobic systems for energy. Also better strength means better strides even though it's an aerobic activity. You do that by building your fast twitch fibers. Remember there is a fast fiber type that adapts as both slow and fast twitch.
>>
>>38391041
why the fuck would straight men not run? dumbest fucking thing i've ever heard. do you even think before you type?

what about the boxers and mma fighters that could knock you out then fuck your bitch without a second thought that run every single day of their lives?

>n-no only chicks, fags, and Ethiopians do it!!!
>>
>>38387641

>Didn't see a running thread.

Because this is a fitness board, not a Half Starved Fucking Idiot Grounds His Knees, Shins, and Ankles Into Powder board.
>>
>>38391071
Stop feeding the troll. Even Arnold would day they're idiots because he regularly ran. Even Mike Tyson ran 3 miles daily.
>>
>>38391071
MMA fighters do cardio to improve their endurance in their fights. So,in other words; they get paid to do it! Tell me the last time anyone paid you to run, you little cardio bunny.
>>
>>38391134
>Tell me the last time anyone paid you to run
College.
>>
>>38390889
.. but I am a fag. Do I need to start running?
>>
>>38391171
Cash...not a scholarship in the retarded murican educational system that rewards braindead athletes. I remember reading somewhere that many college athletes could't even fucking read.
>>
>>38391184
top or bottom?
>>
>>38391238
You asked someone to provide a scenario in which they were paid to run

You got an answer so shut the fuck up and kys
>>
>>38391270
>proving my point about braindead college athletes
Paid implies cash... not a fucking coupon moron
>>
>>38391286
>sets goal posts
>moves them

wew
>>
>>38391286

Fundamentally, that's all cash is - a coupon everyone agrees to use.
>>
>>38391314
> Shit philosophy 101
A coupon is by definition used only in a limited number of vendors, which is the exact opposite of cash. I sense a correlation between retards and people that find running to be fun.
>>
I picked up running a couple of weeks ago, I lost 60 lbs before then and am no longer overweight- but I still have some fat to lose.

Going well so far - it's a really good felling getting out of the shower after coming home.
>>
Hated running all my life because of being a nerd shut in, playing rugby last semester made me love it though.
Don't play rugby anymore but still love running. The freeing feeling, cardio gains are great but the best thing about running imo is how much it's help me cut. Low carb+running is amazing desu
>>
>>38391134
Tell me the last time anyone paid you to lift, you little dyel curlbro
>>
i can run a 5k but I want to run it faster. what do. i dont think just running only 5k's is efficient for training. most recently I ran a mile about as fast as a could and then I had a few minute break, jogged a mile and then jogged another mile so like variation idk
>>
Fucking hell you autists way to ruin a running general

>>38392285
Run longer distances bro
>>
>>38392405
but i want to run faster not longer >:( .... ok
>>
Who injured here? Tell your story and how long you've been running.
>>
Been running regularly for a couple of weeks now and I've noticed the skin on the bottom of my right foot is peeling? My skin in that area isn't even dry/dehydrated, what's going on?
>>
My current running routine consists of going as fast as I can for 30 minutes twice a week.
Will I get better faster if I run at a uniform pace for 30 minutes or alternate fast and slow
>>
>>38392603
pretty much permanent shin pain from 8th grade track.
My idiot coaches thought it would be a good idea to practice long jump for an entire day on multiple occasions.
>>
How much will running aid in bf% reduction? I'm still on a cut and have lost 35lbs so far, down to 166. I still feel like the 15 lbs I have left to lose won't be enough to get rid of the fat I still have. Will adding cardio into my routine help with that?
>>
>>38392720
Nah, just continue what you're doing. If you want some cardio, sure, but for losing fat, you don't really need it. Just adjust your diet.
>>
>>38392690
>permanent
Shin splints that won't go away or something more sinister?
>>
File: 1466658233962.jpg (42KB, 400x286px) Image search: [Google]
1466658233962.jpg
42KB, 400x286px
>>38392495
Fucking hell, run longer, you'll get faster in shorter distances. It's running 101. I never tought I will literally need to use pic related.
>>
>>38388324
I walked down to the grocery market and got an apple juice.
I worked in some jogging, but otherwise it was just a casual walk
>>
>>38389210
I anchored in a 4x100m for a track meet once. it was awful desu.
>>
>>38391286
le assmade mindbending tricky-poster man
>>
>>38391389
Check it out gents, this guy has a $5 bill redeemable everywhere in the world
>>
Figured you guys may know best.

I'm a skinnyfat dude who's getting a bit of a tummy and I want to fix that. [nospoilersonfit]Also I found out how intensive sex is and want to work on my cardio endurance because damn. How do fat people even do it? [/nospoilersonfit] I took up the couch to 5K thing and I pretty consistently feel sick to the point of vomiting after I'm done, headaches also. They stick around pretty much all day after. I figure it's something to do with what/how soon I'm eating beforehand.

Any pointers on that? How do I manage my bodyheat if I'm outside?
>>
>>38388366
Hi, OP here just got home from work.
Well my goal is to lose weight. currently at 225 from 240 (lbs).
I am currently running a route that is
4.2 mi. I finish on average in 40 mins. or so. my fastest time was 39:26 for this route. so calculating pace.. I am around a 9:30min/mi.
>>
>>38388419
OP here,
I aim to run for 45minutes on a 4.2 miles route. usually around 9:30/mi. some days I'll run it slow.. depends how I feel that morning.
>>
>>38388457
thanks for the advice. but I feel like since I am looking to shed weight. I should continue a weekly running schedule.
>>
>>38388419
and thanks for the advice. I'm going to walk tomorrow morning, there's a park with a 3 mile lap.
>>
>>38388388
nice, I will make sure to to follow your advice. thank you!
>>
File: image.jpg (44KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44KB, 750x750px
just bought this.. can't wait for it to come in the mail.

what brand shorts are your favorite running shorts?

I want to get a good pair of running shorts... (brooks, north face, Patagonia, etc)
>>
>>38394438
Seconding this question. I'm using Karrimor running shorts at the minute and the liner sucks and I get seriously painful chafing in my thighs after 10k.
>>
>>38394211
What do you eat before? Are you sure youre hydrated before / staying hydrated?
>>
>>38394969
I don't eat anything specific, more that I have something in my stomach. I do try to make it substantial though. Usually breakfast food as I do it in the morning such as a sausage sandwich and a banana.

I'm pretty certain I'm staying hydrated, I don't really feel that thirsty after. Just that I need to cool down a lot and hurl. Would it be because I'm not drinking (And therefore sweating) enough?
>>
it's been 100 degrees and 60% humidity. i brought my bottle filled with ice and then poured water over it. before i ran 0.25 miles, almost all the ice was already melted.

how do you run when its fucking blazing out? it's just so much more exhausting and enervating. i could barely run 5k today. any tips?
>>
>>38395098
Your stomach might be upset because youve eaten too much or started running too soon after eating. When im lifting weights or running i always wait at least 1 and a half hours after ive eaten to begin training. I also dont eat all that much before. Usually something carb heavy like a banana. Something fatty like a sausage is harder to digest when your body concentrates on pumping all its blood into the muscles. Basically dont eat anything "heavy" and dont eat immediatly before running.
>>
>>38394438
I use some Nike compression shorts. Dunno how the compression part affects my running, but I like how sweat doesn't drip down my legs when I wear it.
>>
What do you do about nipples, lads? I did a 10k yesterday and about 14k today and I feel OK apart from the nips.
>>
>>38391507

Good work, pal.

I started 7 weeks ago and I can now fairly comfortably do 5k on weeknights then 10k at weekends. It's hard to find time to do any more.
>>
>>38395488
Tape the cunts up
>>
>>38395488
What does nipple chafing feel like? I haven't experienced it.
>>
>>38395528
Imagine taking the scratchy side of a sponge over your nips for ten minutes. Sound pleasant?
>>
>>38395488
Wear looser clothing. I never had this problem. The people I know who did started wearing one size bigger and stopped having the problem.
>>
And the men's marathon has started.
>>
>>38395802
>The 26.2 mile skeleton march has started.
FTFY.
>>
Why the fuck would anyone run long distance?
>>
>>38395926
Every long distance runner looks like a crying bitch after the race is finished, it's catabolic as fuck
>>
>>38395926
Being able to run a really long distance is fun. You hate having fun, fatty? Out of breath after a few miles of fast running? Guess that would make it not fun because you feel the need to always run as fast as you can 100% of the time instead of just learning to just pace yourself a little bit.
>>
>>38388998
Prerun
>1L Water
> Half cup oats
> 1 banana
Post run
>4 eggs
> Toast
>.5L milk
>>
>>38394211
>I pretty consistently feel sick to the point of vomiting after I'm done, headaches also
Work on your breathing
>>
File: 1469371504550.gif (300KB, 496x278px) Image search: [Google]
1469371504550.gif
300KB, 496x278px
>>38394298
Lighter than you and slower than you. Good work m8.
>>
>>38395488
>>38395752

loose clothing helps somewhat, but is not enough for me when it comes to +2h runs, the fabric sometimes does not dry enough and gets heavy from the dankness, and the chafing begins to hurt.

I usually try to remember to apply some tape on nipples before going for +20km/+2h runs, on shorter I don't feel the need to.

Just avoid cotton shirts.
>>
File: 1438597080465.jpg (856KB, 1000x749px) Image search: [Google]
1438597080465.jpg
856KB, 1000x749px
What kind of Running shoes do you guys use? Im afraid of fucking my cartilage up because im somewhat overweight but i really want to start running.
>>
>>38397414
Asics Gel Foundation 12.
Motion control shoes because i am overweight.
and have wide flat feet.
>>
>>38396374
thanks lad, feels great getting the thumbs up!
>>
>>38394578
I have some adidas running shorts that are my favorite but... the liner sucks ass too..
>>
File: 14954_090125595.jpg (281KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
14954_090125595.jpg
281KB, 1200x1200px
Anyone else here run with a windbreaker?
If so, what's a good windbreaker?

was thinking about getting pic related..
>>
>>38397414
Saucony Cohesion 8's.
>>
>>38397456
Holy shit thats exactly my problem. Do you also use those tailored insertable shoebeds(no idea what the actual english term for them is) with those?
>>
File: asics-gel-foundation-12.jpg (44KB, 600x266px) Image search: [Google]
asics-gel-foundation-12.jpg
44KB, 600x266px
>>38397614
I think the term is "orthopedic inserts". not too sure, don't quote me lol.

No, I don't although these shoes were made so that you could insert them if you wished.

Before i was running in some really light, no cushion Nike Free Flex Runs but with these... man heck of a difference! no more knee pain
>>
>>38397414
ASICS Gel Kayanos because slightly heavier tall guy with overpronation. Rather run with good cushion over long distance with expensive shoes, than simply fuck my feet with some cheap shit that is meant for short distance and light weight people.

(85kg may not seem much, but it is kinda heave for long distance running)
>>
>>38397838
Oh that sounds great. I think i will try finding them in store and see how they fit on my feet then i might get them online if theyre cheaper that way.

>>38398187
Might also give these a try. Im 85 KG as well (without my creatine waterweight, might stop taking it if i start running longer distances)
>>
>>38397414
Brooks Ghost 8s
>>
After 2 months i finally can jog 5 kms in 30 minutes.

What should I be aiming for now? Increase my speed or keep pushing for longer distances?
>>
>>38394298
That's more or less my stats wtf ?
Have I DID ?
>>
>>38388836
Any running apps where I can just manually record my runs? I don't usually time them but just go for distance. I don't like to carry my phone either so I don't need GPS tracking. I've been recording on a spreadsheet but I was hoping there was something more mobile or interesting.
>>
>>38396069
Running long distance is boring af. Anything beyond 10k should be banned imo.
>>
>>38399178
Fitnotes app on android
>>
File: 954_full.jpg (63KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
954_full.jpg
63KB, 600x800px
>>38395926
You can have muscle and still be a good runner.
>>
>>38399230
Yeah, you can. Those kinds of runners are called "sprinters."
>>
Improved 5k time by 2 min
Do you guys take slightly easier runs before attempting speed improvements or something?

2 days ago i took short path with sprint for as long my muscles allowed with no oxygen

Post times desu

>Alone in netherlands ad

Just
>>
File: Screenshot_20160821-202728.png (144KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160821-202728.png
144KB, 720x1280px
Forgot pic>>38399413
>>
>>38399428
1 minute not 2 im retarde
my brain turned off after run but now im thinking
>>
>>38399224
Downloaded it and I think it will work.
Thanks m8
>>
>>38387641
I literally CANNOT run on consecutive days, someone help me.
>>
>>38399806
im running every other day
its fine

im going to go gym in days that im not running soon
>>
>>38399733
Np m8
>>
File: 1471429658940.jpg (383KB, 1165x1155px) Image search: [Google]
1471429658940.jpg
383KB, 1165x1155px
>Just ran 33 minutes 5.6km/3.5miles
When will the suffering stop ? I thought I was going slow enough to get me to 4 miles (as my 5k is 28min but not I had to have some side pain halfway through my third mile.
I'm at baby step but i'm struggling like crazy
Oh well I just gotta keep going.
>>38399806
Reduce your mileage ? Maybe you chain too much your long runs or something
>>
Hi guys, some basic questions here I guess, i started running just a month ago.

At what point did you guys knew you were prepared to run a half marathon?
How long did it take to prepare yourself? Did you train running 21k and succeeded a few times before signing up to a half marathon?

I'm running 3 or 4 times a week, between 5 and 10 km each time, feeling it slowly get "easier". There's a half marathon coming up in 1.5 month, will it be enough time or should I wait?
>>
>>38399252
Ita your damn fault if you dont try to keep lowering your timeas after each week
>>
>>38400059
Do longer runs. When you get up into the 12 mile range, split it off into 6 miles for two days or 4 miles for 3 days. When you start running more, add more miles to the last day. My routine goes like this:

Wednesday: 3 miles
Friday: 6 miles
Saturday: Really long run.

Really long run can be anywhere between 6-18 miles. However, I built myself up to do it over time. You may start with something like:

Wednesday: 3 miles
Friday: 6 miles
Saturday: 6 miles

Then increase Saturday's by one mile per week or two.
>>
>>38400209
I just ran 3x/week for 6 miles before I ran my first halfer. I did just fine since I paced myself and only ran 4 miles the week of the halfer.
>>
File: 1471783831822.jpg (48KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1471783831822.jpg
48KB, 480x480px
>>
>>38400267
He forgot the injection of steroids so his muscles are able to heal quickly after all that mileage.
>>
>run hard for 30 minutes on a treadmill
>can only do 15 outdoors in the heat

i bet it burns more calories
>>
>>38400230
Yeah I'm on it. I started like 3 month ago while still smoking and moved my way up to 5k and from then started to Improve my mile/2miles/5k time.
Sadly I learned that was a shit way to progress so I'm going to do more long runs but fuck If I can't stand them.
Is it okay to run way slower ? Like 8 or 9km/h (5 to 6mph) for 4 to 5 miles (5 miles is my current objective, never got farther than 4 miles)
>>
>>38400209
I'd not add more than 5km distance with each month run, say you start first month and push as far 5km, at end of second month you should be pushing 10km with ease, third up to 15th... for beginners, 20km can be quite much.
I'd gradually just add 2-3km max per week to max distance.

Just like in lifting, you don't expect newbies to make instant gains.

Even if you now have 1.5months to half marathon, you should have it easy, just add 3km to your runs every week. Now 10km, next week 13km, week after 16, then to 19. Easy peasy. Just don't push too fast, avoid injuries.
>>
>>38400342
>"Is it okay to run way slower "
>GOTTA GO FAST!!!
I'm going to give you a really important secret in the world of running. You ready?

Most long distance runners run at a slower pace on their long, slow days. It's perfectly okay to run slower. It's even okay to walk sometimes.
>>
>>38390889
>>38391041
>>38391134
>>38391238
>>38391286
>>38391389
>sees thread about a type of training he's not interested in
>opens it
>posts in it
I don't understand why people do this.
>>
File: 1470123973347.gif (1021KB, 360x300px) Image search: [Google]
1470123973347.gif
1021KB, 360x300px
>>38400575
You'd be surprised at how I had no idea how to run. My goal was running without interruption and being regular so I tried to keep this goal. My PE teacher basically forcing us to run even tho we were dead tired back in middle school left a mark (I was like 105kg/230lbs at 13).
I'll be wiser thank to you anon.
>>
>>38395112
Just keep doing it, you'll eventually get used to it. Source: my own experience.
>>
>12 mile long run this morning
>felt good afterwards, went to gym
>did squats
>immediately regretted it

I don't think I'm going to be able to walk tomorrow ;_;
>>
File: pq6UJ.jpg (311KB, 1168x1250px) Image search: [Google]
pq6UJ.jpg
311KB, 1168x1250px
>>38399806
Stretch every day and it will go away over time. I do every stretch from "starting stretching" and some of these: http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/staying-healthy/the-rw-complete-guide-to-stretching-for-runners/484.html
>>
>>38400799
if you're running seriously high mileage you shouldn't be squatting heavy weights. squat the bar for form, but nothing more than that. and usually its a good idea to incorporate lifting into your recovery days, not your long run days
>>
>i can only run 150 meters before my legs hurt

Pretty much should stop with lifting and start stopping being a sedentary fuck,if i get out to run or for a walk i will get kidnapped.Thanks argentina
>>
>>38401678
Go to a track. Walk on the outer lane.
>>
>>38401359
Star with a good pace, short distances, aim to jog 200 m, walk it off a little, jog another 200 m to complete 500m, add a few meters each week.

You'll be in shape in no time.
>>
>>38401691
The only kind of track in this shit city is one that is on a ghetto nigga zone and its irregular,i used to go biking there and its like 20 meters down on one part
>>
>>38401769
I guess they don't sell ellipticals in Argentina?
>>
>>38401678
I thought Argentina was a white country?
>>
>>38401807
334 dollars,yeah no.
>>
>>38399413
yes, if you are gearing up for a race you should "taper off" your training, and not run for about 3 days before the race. if you don't have some event you are training for then just keep doing what you are doing, eventually there should be a few days where you are busy and don't run and when you run again you should set a PB.
>>
File: Sciatica_Full_Figure1.gif (19KB, 320x501px) Image search: [Google]
Sciatica_Full_Figure1.gif
19KB, 320x501px
Who else sciatica here?

Wat do?

Just do relevant stretches for a few weeks?
>>
>>38400332
No, you just lose water faster in the heat. Take 2 gallons of water with you if you plan on training in the heat
>>
>>38403263
>>38400332

Personally I sweat more on threadmills, probably because there's no wind.
>>
Do shin splints ever go away??
>>
>>38405789
Yeah but it might take a while(1-2 months).
>>
>>38405794
thank you anon. now knowing this i won't get bored of running and keep thinking it's a lost cause. any solutions for relieving the pain? i've just been rubbing ice on the shins after the run. bad idea? any advice appreciated
>>
>>38389371
You're fine. Stop heel-striking. You're feet and ankle joints should be used like springs
>>
>>38405807
I think raising your legs help but i don't know much about that.
>>
It's 8:30am here and in 30 minutes I'm going on my first ever morning run. I used to run a little bit before to supplement weight training and HIIT training (not running, martial arts stuff), but right now it's been 4 months of working nonstop and barely exercising at all.
Any tips to make the shame of legs hurting and gassing out before I even run 1km straight less painful?
>>
>>38406324
go easy.
>>
>>38387641
Nice Steve kino anon
>>
>>38407090
I did, I only actually ran about 1km, some of it was uphill, still made me sweat and gas out in the end (I ended it with a >10% uphill sprint which I couldn't follow through for more than 20m).
I feel kind of useless for gassing so early and not covering at least 2-3km but it was my first step and I'm going to do it again on Wednesday and Friday. Legs hurt in a good way and I love that.
>>
How do I start running? I have zero stamina.

Please respond.
>>
>>38408311
Couch to 5k

The program makes you walk and short jogs at the beginning then gradually makes you run more, walk less and after few weeks it makes you run 5k in single go.

Theres literally app for your phone to help you out with measuring times etc.

Its literally made for retards i had to skip like 3 weeks despite my bad shape.

Now i run 24 min 5ks and im still beginner
>>
>>38408311
Baby Steps
>>
File: 321.png (177KB, 1166x939px) Image search: [Google]
321.png
177KB, 1166x939px
>Stop running
>Used to run up to 50 kilometers a week, every week
>Take up weight lifting
>Lift for 8 months without running once, complete bulk mode
>6ft, 90kg.
>Decide to go for a run one day
>Hit up 5kiliomtres in 30 degree weather
>Don't stop once, enjoy it
>Didn't find it as hard

I think you children complain too much, come back when you can squat 160kg 3x5.
>>
>>38408400
When you squat you work your legs aswell so you werent getting out of shape

Just different motion
>>
File: 1461507206515.jpg (50KB, 500x625px) Image search: [Google]
1461507206515.jpg
50KB, 500x625px
>>38408623
I was still expecting to be tired as fuck and struggle, yet i did it in ease in 25 minutes at a medium pace.

Kids crying about running 5 kilometers like it's hard, come back when you start squatting and you'll know what hard is.
>>
File: image.jpg (97KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97KB, 1080x1080px
I usually do interval sprints today, followed by a 30 minute build run on Thursday and a 3 mile best effort with a rucksack on Saturday, missed my target last Saturday by 1 second, but was carrying a 10kg ruck over my usual 5kg so I'm not fussed.

Skipping my interval sprints today as I feel like I need some extra recovery as I pushed things quite hard last week and have only recently gotten over some injuries I sustained a while back, I'll be back to normal on Thursday.

Here's some /thicc/ for all my bros.
>>
>>38408776

I squat twice a week and run 5k on the same days.

Everybody responds differently to certain types of training, and not everybody is at the same level as you, doesn't make them better or worse.
>>
>>38408400
~180bpm
What's your resting Anon? 180 is quite high.
>>
Starting bridge to 10k.

Will this plan help me with my mile time? Or do I need to do more mile-specific training along with bridge to 10k?

My end goals are a sub-6 minute mile (I'm currently at 8) and eventually a 20 minute 5k.
>>
>>38408875
>>
>>38408826
Marry fuck kill desu
>>
>>38408826
>>38409109
The only good looking girl there is the Asian since she's thin and asian, unlike those hambeasts with their fat faces and their cellulite. Also she's the only one who will still look good in ten years' time.
>>
>>38408900
By the end of it you should shave at least a couple of minutes in your 5k.
>>
File: 1467328598469.jpg (105KB, 790x700px) Image search: [Google]
1467328598469.jpg
105KB, 790x700px
Man how the fuck do you increase your mileage/days a week you run without btfoing yourself
I keep trying to move on from 3 days a week to 4-5 and my body just does not recover. Sore as fuck now after 2 weeks trying. Gonna have to go back down to 3 again or ill get injured. Getting real pissed off at my body fampai
>>
>>38409825
The way I've always been told to up mileage is to split your current mileage.

Let's say you're doing 3 miles, 3 times a week. Instead, try doing 2 miles, 5 times per week. Sure it's less mileage per day, but it's a higher overall mileage and it gets your body used to recovering over a day instead of over 2 days.
>>
>>38409913
Hmm
I might try just running 3k m-f
If my body accepts that after a couple weeks how do I move the mileage up from there? Just move one or 2 of the 5 days up in distance a bit each week?
>>
>>38392285
Increase your mileage to 30-40 miles per week. Do a long, easy run once a week. Do some kind of harder run (tempo run or intervals) once or twice per week. The rest of your runs should be easy pace as well.
>>
>>38400686
>Fe Funes
Mon nègre
>>
>>38405807
Do ankle rotations. Rotate your feet for half a minute in clockwise circles, then counter-clockwise. Do this every day, two or three times throughout the day, and definitely do it before you run.
>>
>>38400267
>12 mile recovery run

sure
>>
File: tri.jpg (21KB, 760x250px) Image search: [Google]
tri.jpg
21KB, 760x250px
does anyone on this board even tri?
>>
>>38391238
The only college athletes that are braindead are the football players who've had too many concussions and the basketball americans.
Everyone else does pretty well
>>
>>38397838
Hey man, I have similar Asics shoes now but I used to run in Nike Free Flex Runs too and I didn't really have a problem with them. The Asics shoes that are much more padded seem to make my hips hurt more than usual whereas the almost no padding Nike shoes made me only feel pain in my calves
>>
>>38409825
you're running too hard every day. it's possible to recover while running if you run slow enough. run a couple days a week at conversational pace, a couple days a week at harder effort. this will aid the recovery process while also building aerobic capacity
>>
>>38410125
I'd say from 3, go to 3,5, then 4, etc. But I'm just guessing I haven't done this but I want to
>>
Fatfuck here finished my first session of c25k on saturday. Yesterday and today, the back of my heel hurts. Doesnt hurt enough to keep me from walking, but I do limp a little because its a little stiff. Iced it for a while last night. Can I do another session today or should I wait?
>>
>>38410995
Take a rest day between sessions you dumbo
>>
>>38410995
I'd say go out and see how it feels after the first few minutes. To help heal more quickly, ice multiple times a day if possible (no more than twenty minutes at a time though).
>>
>>38411072
Its monday you moron, I rested yesterday.

>>38411089
So if it doesnt hurt to bad after a few minutes I can do my session?
>>
>>38394438
>>38394578
>not just buying Nike shorts and Nike shoes
Why? I mean it might be different for me because I live near Nike hq but I don't really get into the gear much, I just run. And have been doing so for two years.
>>
>>38397414
Nike Pegasus 32s. Cheap running shoes that are pretty decent, I run my 5k and 10k races in flats though.
>>
>>38400059
How long have you been running though? Stats? And when you're this low level don't fall for the "overtraining" meme. That's for people who run 60+ miles a week.
>>
>>38411139
Proceed with caution. Run for a bit, see how it feels and assess the situation. If you feel okay, keep going. Ice tonight whether you did the session or not (and stretch it out before you ice).
>>
>>38411327
Thank you! .
>>
>>38410841
Ya this could be it 2bh
I have a hard time running slow because of my ego but im working on it
>>
>>38395488
vaseline
>>
>>38395488
>wearing a shirt while running during the summer
Insecure faggot detected. Anyway, if it's cold and you NEED to wear a shirt or jacket, put some body glide on that shit.
>>
File: 1440071920578.jpg (84KB, 768x876px) Image search: [Google]
1440071920578.jpg
84KB, 768x876px
>>38411696
not him but i have slight gyno
theres no way i would run without shirt for now
>>
>>38388779
I feel the contrary. I feel like weightlifting is actually sopping me from improving in running because it makes me heavier and more stiff. But i can't stop anyway. I'm addicted to the gym.
>>
>>38411998
Stretching helps
>>
>>38411998
Need that decathlete body faM
>>
>>38411696
I'm not that guy but I know I have a great body and I avoid running without a shirt because I feel unconfortable if people look at me. What does that makes me ?
>>
File: 1457401273304.gif (1MB, 288x160px) Image search: [Google]
1457401273304.gif
1MB, 288x160px
>tfw a cool breeze blows in your face as you jog
>>
I've been doing Couch to 5k for a while now and I am currently on week 4. First few weeks were not hard but I wanted to take is slow cause I wasn't physically active before.

Anyway, last night I started doing week 4 and I was feeling fine until I woke up today with pain in my knees. I could walk but every step I took it felt like I was gonna fall. I looked it up online and apparently it is called "Runner's knee".

Is there anything i can do to make sure this doesn't happen again or do i just have to live with it? I really don't want to drop running, its been so much fun.
>>
>>38412325

Stretch your calves and hamstrings, do some exercises to build strength in your quads, and get some decent shoes.
>>
>>38412148
Im the same way
I dont want attention while im trying to work out. Just wear shorts and a stringer, shirtless is for tryhard fags 2bh
>>
>>38412325
Bruh if you are getting hurt from couch to 5k something is very wrong. Are you following it correctly? Are you obese?
>>
>>38412386
I'm actually really skinny, but like I said, I wasn't very physically active before.
>>
>>38411583
you're gonna have to get over that problem if you want to get faster. maybe sign up for a few road races? save the racing for the races. you'll improve much, much faster if you put the ego aside and run slow enough that you can rack up 30+ miles per week without injuring yourself.
>>
>>38410125
The rule from most running coaches is an increase of 10% mileage per week to avoid injury.
>>
>>38410420
well its mo farah...
>>
>tfw wanna get serious into long distance running but don't want to be skeltal
>>
>>38413002
>dont wanna get too big
>just wanna tone up
>>
How was everyone's run today?
>>
>>38413262
Shit
Not a fan of this hot weather meme
>>
Want to start cardio.
Is it alright to go barefoot on a treadmill? I'm thinking 20-30 minutes every day, getting most of my HIIT from boxing.
>>
>>38413087
wot
>>
>>38413262
Bad, trying to work up to my old routine of seven miles for one hour every other day. Barely did two miles today.
>>
File: solinsky.jpg (124KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
solinsky.jpg
124KB, 400x600px
>>38413002
fuck all that "skeletal" noise. the /fit/ hivemind calls anybody who isn't on a permabulk a "skeleton", when in reality the runner has one of the most beautiful physiques of all. embrace it.
>>
File: pepetosadilee.jpg (98KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
pepetosadilee.jpg
98KB, 640x640px
>>38387641
>bulking at 3600kCal/d, sitting pretty at 90kg/198retard units
>decide to go for a run because once a month cardio keeps the doctor away
>get hungry when i finish my ~8km run
>the internet says i just burned 780 calories
>MFW i have to eat even more

fuck your gay shitty pleb sport..

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>38412368
>>38412368

My body is hardly impressive and I run without my shirt all the time.

Fuck people, and their opinions.
>>
>>38413452
>picking one of the only mid-distance runners that weighs more than 160 pounds

Seriously, Chris Solinsky was an outlier, not the norm.
>>
Does anyone have that routine where you are constantly running for a period of time, but every 2 or 3 minutes you change your speed?
>>
>>38413562
+1 this

sadly however the summers are rarely enough warm, so you can run max 2-3 weeks without shirt here in Finland
and people have far more liberal attitude towards males being shirtless. technically woman are allowed to also be topless, yet no one seems to take up the chance...

I'm not good looking, somewhat skinnyfat, but IDGAF
I enjoy running for my own benefit.
>>
Bros, just be sure to do plenty of stretching and joint ligament exercises afterwards to break down that lactic acid buildup. Wasn't a problem in my teens and 20's, but since I hit my 30's, if I don't do a cool down afterwards even after a 2 miles run, I pay for it the rest of the week.
>>
>>38413805
>women don't run topless

Don't blame them. Boobs bouncing around during a run sounds uncomfortable/painful. Same reason men have compression shorts and running shorts with internal liners for support.
>>
File: robby andrews.jpg (84KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
robby andrews.jpg
84KB, 400x600px
>>38413589
one of the only PROFESSIONAL mid-distance runners, you mean

if you've ever watched an NCAA D1 track meet you'd know that the average guy out there has a similar BMI to what Solinsky had. Solinsky was a pro runner with a college runner's bodytype sure, but that's still a perfectly healthy bodytype for serious runners who run high intensity mileage
>>
This guy runs a sub 4:30 1.5k
>muh cardio skellys
>>
i started running 3 weeks ago
I do about 2.5 miles everyday on concrete and my left leg is starting to hurt
wat do

also i want to do a marathon in oct of next year
is this possible?
>>
>>38414252
But he also has to do a bunch of other stuff that requires strenght so i'm sure he uses different kinds of roids than pure runners do.
>>
>>38414264
>want to do a marathon in oct of next year
>is this possible

Absolutely. Stay consistent in your training though, even through winter.
>>
Does anyone know what the major differences are between popular race training plans are? Like is there a defining characteristic or philosophy of each? For example: Higdon, Pfitzinger, Hansons, etc.
>>
>>38414350
any tips on how i should be progressing?
>>
I have anterior pelvic tilt (my abdomen precedes my ass and pelvis).

When I run, I want to force myself to correct my posture and I want to improve my general running form as well. Should I lean forward for a more aggressive gait or should I lean back and stretch my shoulders out to engage my core more?
>>
>>38390742
has a vagina
>feminism happened again
>>
>>38392603
I think I fucked up my iliotibial band, I was gifted some zero inclination shoes and my dumbass just started running in then without researching them. After one week of doing my regular mileage I fucked up my knees. It's been about a week and the pain has just become a soreness now. I should be good for next week.
>>
>>38410619
At first i didn't have much problem with the Nike's but as i started to do more mileage overtime i started noticing slight discomfort on my knees and sometimes on my ankles.. these discomforts would go away if i kept running but it wasn't until the pain remained after a long run for a couple days and had to ice my knees.. so i decided to get the ASICS. The asics are the most padded shoes I have ever worn for running. that being said.. it took my feet about a week and a half to get accustomed to the padding and to the shoe.. literally had to break them in. but since then man I've been enjoying my runs and don't hurt after them besides the soreness from the run but that goes away after i drink water and such.
>>
>>38412511
Its kind of normal. When people go from doing nothing to running they tend to think running is a sport that demands little. And while this is in some way true compared to other sports you have to take it slowly.
>>
>>38414707
Push the back of your head up, if you force it too much it fucks your shit up.
>>
ITS SO FUCKING OUT HOT
I AM MELTING
PLS SEND HELP
>>
how do you guys deal with runners diarrhea? I feel like if I run any further it's going to be come a big problem because I'm barely making it home as it is
>>
>>38413617
fartlek
>>
>>38415412
drink more water
>>
>>38415412
First thing you need to do is stop taking pictures of girls you are stalking.
>>
>>38415412
jump in the bushes and try to eat a more balanced diet next time

i poop midrun at least once a week. get used to it if you want to run a lot. that or become literally militant in your food preparation
>>
File: image.png (20KB, 586x550px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
20KB, 586x550px
>>38415412
Dunno, just don't start taking photos of some qt grill you see on your runs
>>
>>38415470
it's pretty watery so I don't know if that's a good idea

>>38415483
I guess this is going to be a last resort but better than pooping my pants

>>38415475
leave me alone.
>>
>>38415520
>>38415475
Did this thread 404? Anyone still got the screencap of it?
>>
i dont outright shit myself when i run but sometimes when i get home i have some streaks on my underwear. wonder if my asshole is loose or something and leaks a bit when i run.

and no im not American
>>
>>38415529
your problem is either a) too much junk food, or on the other side of the spectrum, b) too many low caloric-density foods, i.e. grapefruit, eggplant, popcorn, etc....

these things can make you bloated and lead to GI problems
>>
>>38415551
>and no im not American
I could've told you that from the start, Pajeet. Just remember to poo in the loo.
>>
>>38415542
>>38395861
>>
>>38415579
the pooping the pants meme is currently with the Americans

the thing on /int/ and /pol/ right now is "shart in mart" because apparently a lot of yanks poop their pants at walmart
>>
>>38415583
lol oh wow
>>
Should I join my local running club?
>>
>>38415920
Sure why not. Get better at running and make some new friends.
>>
>>38415928
yeah but im shit
what if they laugh anon?
I cant deal with that
>>
>>38415920
join a non-local running club then when you get better switch to the local club
>>
Shin splints are fucking me again. Should I just stop running for the next week or two? Sucks because I'm feeling real good recently too.
>>
>>38415966
The camaraderie among runners is way more than among lifters. Even when runners finish their race, they'll stay to cheer on even the fat people waddling to the finish.
>>
just did day 1 of week 3 of C25K - run 90s, walk 90s, run 3m, walk 3m then repeat

At the end of the second 3 min run I was getting some significant pain in my upper right ribcage area. Is that from dehydration do you think?
>>
Brehs my ankles and knees have been starting to hurt... nothing really extreme but I'm definitely feeling pain.

About 3 weeks ago I moved from 3 days a week to running 4 days a week. I assume it's because of that, but I've also started wearing almost exclusively flip flops when I'm not running because it's summer. Could that have something to do with it?
>>
>>38416469
Yes. Get used to drink lots of water during the day, and at least a liter 1 hour before running. Water stands for water, not diet soda btw.
>>
>>38417312
that's expensive though

>tfw tap water isn't safe to drink in my shithole country
>tfw bottled water is expensive
>tfw sodas are cheap
>>
>>38417375
Buy a water filter jug thing then.
>>
>>38417493
those don't get rid of the metallic sludge that companies dump in our water supplies
>>
>>38397414
I think I need to replace mine so I'm on the market.

How many of you researched pronation/supination and chose your shoes accordingly? Part of me thinks I should go to a local running shop and have them look at my old shoes to see what kind I should buy and the other part doesn't want to go and just wants to buy some cool looking shoes online.

Additional info: Ran cross country and track 8 years ago but haven't really run since. One of my calf was getting really tight after a 1/4 mile but I haven't noticed it too much.
>>
>>38417520
I saw a vid saying go to your local running shop right after your jog, since your feet are swollen. That'll give you a better idea of the fit with the shoes you wanna buy.

I've only been running for a few months, and am using some Asics I bought off Amazon. My next pair will probably be bought from a running shop. Or tested at a running shop but buying the shoe for cheaper somewhere else but that's kind of scummy.
>>
>>38417375
>>tfw tap water isn't safe to drink in my shithole country
Boil it, and let it cool overnight
>>
File: image.jpg (54KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54KB, 640x1136px
ran this afternoon... is it enough time for my body to recover from today so I can run in the morning tomorrow?
my run today was about 4 miles; a little under 40 minutes.

pic related; about the time I head out on these runs.
>>
>>38413516
what calorie calculator did you use? I've been looking for one but couldn't find one.
>>
>>38418827
It's plenty of time if you warmed down correctly. Why not just say you go early and leave it at that? That pic is unnecessary. No one is impressed.
>>
>>38389226
I've been stuck on Week 5 day 3 - having to run for 20 minutes straight.

So far I've been slowly incrementing how long I run for and today I'm going to run for 17 minutes then walk the last 3. Up that to 18 tomorrow and so on...
>>
>>38420640
Uh i used several different sites which apparently used the same formula since the result was exactly the same.
dunno the sites names any more but you should easily find something googling "calories burned running".

I was really surprized about how much running apparently burns at my bodyweight
>>
>>38421062
Damn I'm 85 kg and I also burn a shitton of calories. I've started cutting out shit from my diet so I guess I'll start losing weight soon, since I'm in the process of upping my weekly mileage from 25 km to 35 km and on, up to 50 km at the end, if everything goes well.
>>
>>38388232
rest day?
>>
>>38421085
be careful running has taken over my life
it is a cruel mistress
>>
>>38418827
some people run marathons everyday
suck it up
>>
'no'
>>
that is very destructive on your body....
>>
>>38420663
okay :(
>>
i wanna start running (mainly sprinting). the main reason is i feel so free and fulfilled for some reason after doing some sprints. and of course, exhausted as shit.

the problem is, i have flat feet, and one foot is flatter than the other. im waiting for the custom orthopedic insoles to arrive, but was wondering is it safe to run with 'em, or am i doomed to no running till i die? im also bretty heavy atm, ~220lb lifting and on a cut to lose 30ish lbs.
>>
>>38423675
Don't start doing sprints until you can run a 5k straight through. If you jump straight into sprinting you're going to be on the express train to Snap City, Utah before you know it.
>>
>>38423871
this is the kind of info i was looking for, i know jack shit about running

thanks anon
>>
>>38395488
Go shirtless?
>>
>>38397414
Nike Downshifter 5.
>>
About a month into running, slowly getting better. 2 questions
Nips are chaffing. What do?
And what do about sore shins? Pretty much instantly they get sore but I run through it and they sort of become numb. Is this a shoe problem or something worse?
>>
>>38424179
Shin splints, nigga. You need to step back from running for a bit til they heal.
>>
>>38424179
>my shoulders are hurting and going numb while lifting...better do more reps
You don't run through injuries unless it is side stitches. You wouldn't do it while lifting. Running is no different.
>>
>>38395661
yes
>>
>>38420870
Nice currently im just preparing to start the C25K stuff as im nowhere near as fit to do the first week without dropping dead in the end or atleast i think id be able to possibly finish it. Currently just doing 1 min jogging 2 min walking for around 20 mins before taking a break and doing it again.
>>
I started running and I sweat like crazy. I bought moisture wicking shirt and it's made no difference, aside from the sweat on my shirt looking more evenly distributed.

Are there varying tiers of moisture wicking? I just bought an under armor shirt because it was the best selling shirt on amazon..
Thread posts: 309
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.