[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 338
Thread images: 39

File: 1429981024684.jpg (122KB, 999x624px) Image search: [Google]
1429981024684.jpg
122KB, 999x624px
you know the deal
>>
Is it normal that I can lift more on seated dumbbell press than on overhead press? Seated dumbbel press is at 45kg while overhead press is at 42.5kg.

Also, if I'm aiming for powerbuilding (50% strength and 50% hypertrophy) what kind of caloric surplus should I be aiming for to minimize fat gain while maximizing muscle gain? I'm currently doing 250 calories surplus on rest days and about 600 calories surplus on workout days.
>>
What neck exercises yall be doin. Or do they do more harm than good
>>
File: 1436635137169.jpg (310KB, 1440x960px) Image search: [Google]
1436635137169.jpg
310KB, 1440x960px
Today marks my third fail (5/5/4) with 3x5 255lb squat. I am 3 months into regular SS using the SL app, but I lifted on/off for a year before this. Everything else is progressing fine; I'm at 130lb 3x5 OHP, 160lb 3x5 BP (little low imo), and 285lb 1x5 deadlift. I am 6'0 and around 175lbs.

I have two questions: how long did it take you to 1/2/3/4 for reps? And at what point did you start looking at intermediate programs?

Also, do you have any go-to youtube channels for form videos? People who have really got it down?
>>
>>38375362
new to deadlifts. Is it normal to feel a little soreness in the lower back that goes away in an hour or so? I know the load isn't supposed to be carried by the back but I've heard that being new to deadlifting can cause back soreness simply because those muscles aren't developed yet.

I am checking my form, I've had others check it too and my back does stay straight, hips go down before the knees do, etc. I don't deadlift more than 1pl8 at the moment because I'm worried I'm doing something wrong and going to hurt myself (also because dyel).
>>
File: 1444615216156.png (47KB, 547x465px) Image search: [Google]
1444615216156.png
47KB, 547x465px
What does (alternating) mean in this context? Does that mean that the first week I do Overhead Press, then the next week I do a Bench?

Also I'm completely new and leaning towards the overweight side, and have no idea how much weight I can handle. Starting with the bar for absolute shitter beginners is the standard right?
>>
>>38375679
if week 1 was bench monday, overhead wednesday, bench friday, week 2 would be overhead monday, bench wednesday, overhead friday.

If you're heavy you can probably do at least the bar in all lifts. Watch as many form videos as you can for the big lifts and when you're comfortable you can start finding your limits and breaking them.
>>
I went on a tinder date the other day, we kissed goodbye at the end and arranged a new date tomorrow. How do i greet her? Do i kiss her or stay safe with a hug?
>>
>>38375588
Check out the videos made by Rip on youtube. Alan Thrall as some good ones too.

you start an intermediate program when you can no longer progress workout to workout on SS with proper rest and recovery.

The typical male trainee will have a squat in the low to mid 300s for reps, a deadlift in the mid 300s to low 400s, a bench in the 200s, and a press in the mid 100s, high 100s if you're lucky.

It'll take between 4-9 months, maybe more maybe less depending on your genetics.

Is this your first reset on the squat?
>>
>>38375534
>not that unusual, especially if no belt on standing
>titrate calories to effect week-to-week based on lifts, mirror, scale, and waist/neck measurements

>>38375544
Neck harness and/or
> 3 mins on clock, lying with back on ground:
>A. 30 secs: head from neutral position to chin on chest (neck flexion)
>B. 30 secs: from neutral, look left 90 deg, look right 90 deg
>C. 30 secs: from neutral, ear to left shoulder, ear to right shoulder
>^ repeat cycle

But really, gaining weight and getting stronger on the main lifts will do most of the work.
>>
>>38375852
Thanks for the advice. This my 3rd reset (I had been stuck at 240 just prior to this). I should keep working 3x5 then?
>>
>>38376264
Yeah keep at the 3x5, start eating more. Should be aiming to make the needle on the scale go up. You should be focused on adding weight to the bar and your body during linear progression, then lean out when you start your intermediate training.

When you get stuck again, you can consider using a belt to milk your LP a little more before moving on to an intermediate program.
>>
Is it that bad to eat "cheat meals" on a cut if I don't exceed my calorie intake?

I try to eat good and I do, but sometimes I want a slice of bread or someone suggest pizza and I'll eat only a bit, but then I feel guilty since I don't know if this will fuck up my cut
>>
>>38375628
DOMS will happen for basically every exercise that works muscles that aren't used to being strained. A pressure in the lower back is good,
>>
>>38375814
greeting kisses are a little strong, that's more of something a couple who are comfy with each other would do. A hug would be the better choice.
>>
>>38376410
IIFYM, it doesn't matter. You don't have to eat inherently "healthy" foods like chicken to lose weight, you just have to monitor your intake.
>>
File: frog.jpg (114KB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
frog.jpg
114KB, 1252x1252px
Will steroids cure depression?
>>
>>38376499
>test
ye
>tren
lol fuck no
>>
>>38376431
Alright thanks man
>>
>>38376160
ty brah
>>
>>38376447
thanks!
>>
Any suggestions/recommendations for a weighted vest?
>>
>>38376360
Will do thanks
>>
Beginner lifter here, I just passed one plate on deadlifts recently but had to take a break from deadlifts and squats because of this pain in my left hip when I rise up out of position. I was doing some research on the internet and I think it's a problem with my IT band. I probably got this issue because my form isn't completely perfect, is there anything I can do to make it heal faster? I've been taking ibuprofen and resting. I'd like to avoid going to the doctor's if possible
>>
File: rarepepe.png (6KB, 335x396px) Image search: [Google]
rarepepe.png
6KB, 335x396px
>>38376868

Deload to a weight where your form is perfect. Work up slowly (5lb increments)
Maybe do yoga &/or ice the injury.

I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about so don't listen to this advice.
>>
I read in a men's health the following statement:

If you "take" your protein shake before your workout, its useless because you burn all the protein in your workout.

You have to take it immediately after the workout, even before showering to gain its full effect.

How much broscience is this?
>>
>>38376946
Complete bullshit. Look at your diet from a daily perspective, or even weekly, but not hour-to-hour.
>>
Ive skipped out on my cut diet this week. Shame me.
>>
Can I get protein Analy?

Like a suppositorie of whey?

I want that brotein in my boipuss
>>
>>38376868
Post a form check video, you're probably doing something wrong.
>>
>>38377390
Grindr
>>
How long should I do the greyskull lp before I go to a novice program?
>>
>>38377976
Until you no longer linearly progress, in case you were not aware what the LP stands for

you're allowed to deload and whatever but you'll likely realize that when your progress more or less plateaus is THE TIME.

basically it's kind of a shit answer but you'll know
>>
I'm still on the 3 x 8-12 meme for 4 months, increasing weight about every week and a half or so and still seeing progress but it's starting to slow.

Should I start doing 5 x 5 or just go heavier quicker?
>>
File: 1459911242453.jpg (110KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1459911242453.jpg
110KB, 1920x1080px
How do I get out of this situation? This girl sent me a snapchat and a few minutes later she sends me a text telling me not to open it. My buddies and I wanted to see it so we loaded the snapchat, put my phone in airplane mode, screenshot the image, and quit the snapchat app. Like a dumbass I forgot to test it, so we tested it on my friends’ phones and it didn’t work. Now I can’t get my phone out of airplane mode without this girl knowing I took a screenshot. How do I get out of this? I’m not opposed to deleting my account, I just need something that will work for sure.
>>
>>38377042
why? We'd just be wasting our breath on someone who doesn't want to make it.
>>
>>38378578
leave the country
>>
>>38378578

"Sorry, I opened it before you texted me. You should really get the red spot checked, it looks like Syph."
>>
>>38378578
Well, were they nudes or what?
>>
>>38378618
They weren't even good or worth it. Just a shot of her with her bra.
>>
/latebloomer/ here. Legit grew half an inch within a month and still growing. How will this affect my gains? Currently still manlet status at 5'7
>>
>>38378623
Post it fgt
>>
im interestedin taking supercuts or something similiar ,whats a good one?
>>
>>38375628
>Is it normal to feel a little soreness in the lower back that goes away in an hour or so?
Hell, my lower back is sore for days after DLs.
>>
File: 20160820_125807.jpg (4MB, 2976x2976px) Image search: [Google]
20160820_125807.jpg
4MB, 2976x2976px
The info on my turkey breast packaging seems to show less energy, protein and fat (and higher carbs) than every Internet source I can find.

Should I trust the packaging or is this company telling porky pies? If the disrepancy is real what would cause it? Are Australian turkeys a different breed or something?
>>
>>38378813
Look at the ingredients, they have sugar and rice starch
>>
At what point is losing muscle on a cut a serious concern? If I'm about 16% body fat how much of a surplus can I do without losing my gains, and until how low of %?
>>
>>38378887
No more than 10%. Doesn't explain the 33% discrepancy with other information sources. And I thought that stuff would have made the calories higher anyway, not lower.
>>
>>38378906

Keep your DI of protons at 100% and keep working muscles, it shouldn't effect you too much.
>>
I just want to get to 160kg deadlift as fast as possible. My max is 140kg for conventional and sumo @ 57kg bodyweight. What would the best program be?
>>
>>38378952
Deadlifting heavy weights often
>>
File: 1429144012606.gif (2MB, 297x360px) Image search: [Google]
1429144012606.gif
2MB, 297x360px
Anyone have any good examples of ecto lifters/bodybuilders with short muscle bellies? Is it impossible for no genetics skellies to make it?
>>
Does getting fit compensate for being a subhuman?
>>
I'm a neet who recently started walking two miles almost every day. I eventually built up to some days over three times that.
But about a week ago I found I can only walk about a mile before feeling tired and out of breath. I can still complete the full walks, but I feel like I'm almost at square one.
Is this normal or am I doing something wrong? I think my diet and sleep has stayed relatively constant.
>>
if i start a cut right now, eating 1700 cals how long abouts will it take to get down to 15% percent body fat. im currently about 22% percent body fat 6 feet 1 inch 210 lbs.
>>
I don't really feel soreness in my chest when I do bench press or dips.I feel like I'm favouring my shoulders when I use these exercises. Am I just doing them wrong?
>>
>>38379745
This might sound autistic, but try holding your breath and try to exert your chest when you bench.
>>
Newfag summer dyel cancer here

1.) Please explain the origin of the "Location/Noun/Verb/Communication medium."
i.e.: Tibetan Door Painting Exchange, Syrian Ice Fishing Forum

2.) Are accessory exercises noticeably effective at improving compound lifts, or are they just memes?

3.) Rest days; real or broscience? If today is leg day, than it's rest day for push/pull right? Or any combination of those?

4.) How come this board idolizes individuals with physiques unattainable by natty means?
>>
File: 186932924_XS.jpg (51KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
186932924_XS.jpg
51KB, 1200x630px
I'm going on a cut pretty soon. How much protein should I be eating to retain my muscle while on a cut?

I"m just gonna eat a ton of egg whites but I need to know how much grams of protein I need.
>>
>>38379913
1. Don't know but it's hilarious

2. The boost they give your compounds are fairly noticeable. But the bodt they give you're physique is very noticeable. So if you want to look big accessories are gonna help a lot.

3. Very real, an upper body day would technically be rest for your lower body but you need to rest your central nervous system. Take at least one real rest day a week.

4. Because we all have body dismorphia and they look amazing.
>>
>>38379913

1. Think it started out by people questioning why you would accept advice off this website, eg "why would you trust anything you read on a japanese anonymous imageboard'.

People just morphed it into more hilarious variants.
>>
File: 1428408004950.gif (991KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1428408004950.gif
991KB, 500x281px
hey guys long time no see.

well if i have not worked out in a long time should i start from scratch? like AxBxA and shit or what ?

its been around a year , please help y'all thanks!
>>
>>38380279
Yes, I had to do the same thing. Do a beginner routine with extra volume.
>>
>>38380286
how long did it take to get back into it ?
>>
File: 1445432098649.gif (607KB, 800x792px) Image search: [Google]
1445432098649.gif
607KB, 800x792px
My tdee is 3400 calories, is this way too high? it doesn't seem normal. For the last 10 days i've been eating under 1700 a day just to be sure. I just got into serious strength training so i've been going to the gym 4 times a week. I'm 5'6 250.
>>
A side effect from me lifting is I have a big, but muscular ass. I've read on here that women like it, but I can never tell if people on here are being sarcastic, so is it true or not?
>>
How do I kill my food urges when my family comes over and they bring my favorite food? I need some god damn iron will or something.
>>
i've lost 70 pounds and i need to lose 130 more before i get to my goal (160 lb at 6'1)

ive been fat since i was little and this is the first time ive done anything about it seriously.

but today i felt like shit. i saw a picture of me taken today from a low angle and i look so fucking fat. everyone says how much weight i lost but i dont see it and I wont look normal for a year.

plus, ill have fucking loose skin.

what the fuck do i do?

liftan for 4 months btw
>>
>Had a bad day of eating.
>After about 45 days of 2000 kcals and under I binged on about 6500 kcals of food and alcohol 2 days ago. All shit tier food.
>Feel bloated as shit so I fasted off of food yesterday and im having 1500 today.
Is it JUST tier, /fit/?
>>
>>38380307
Still getting back into it. Been back at lifting for about 3 months, my bench is still about 10lbs from what it used to be, my squat is what fucked up the most, it's still about 90lbs from what it used to be. My deadlift is actually more than it used to be already. It's gonna really depend on how active you were in your off time and how much you used your muscles, obviously you would keep more gains working construction than working security.
>>
File: 1471315631913.png (659KB, 919x666px) Image search: [Google]
1471315631913.png
659KB, 919x666px
I feel like I pulled or tore a muscle in my left arm. I'm not sure. It's just been severely hurting the past month. At first I just pushed through the pain but now I feel it just holding me back from pushing myself further.

What do, /fit/? Would seeing a doctor even help? Do I just need to stop physical exercise for a couple weeks?
Halp.
>>
>>38380376
>My tdee is 3400 calories, is this way too high?
yes

>I'm 5'6 250.
your TDEE is 2486 and you are classified as morbidly obese

ignore exercise calculators. You want to be losing weight while you're sedentary.
>>
>>38380509
3 options

1) Politely ask your family not to bring that food to your dinners.

2) Eat a small portion that will fit within your macros. Offer to keep the rest and eat it in small clumps, enjoying it while you can. You can also just dispose of it or give it to someone else once they leave.

3) Take some when offered and trash it when they aren't looking. I don't recommend this option.
>>
>>38380674
you didn't get this way overnight anon. You need to think of this less as a diet to change your body and moreover as a lifestyle change that your body is adjusting to. It's more or less like an open wound, and it's gonna take a while to heal.

Focus on that goal.
>>
Is there any reason I shouldn't be on ZMA when I'm not lifting, and for how long should I / can I stay on ZMA?
>>
>>38380046
120g
>>
I'm a pretty bad case of DYEL at 122lbs, 5'10. Is it possible and/or reasonable to get fit with just at home bodyweight exercises?

Money and my circumstances make going to the gym a bit difficult.
>>
File: 1471340454924.jpg (60KB, 537x720px) Image search: [Google]
1471340454924.jpg
60KB, 537x720px
at the end of the day, I'm 5'7.5" on the dot barefoot.

I know this is short, but is this abnormally short? Will this impact me as a man? My ideal physique is 5'9". Is it that big a difference between the two?

I have wide shoulders and an above average face.

Would wearing an .75 to an inch in lifts really matter?
>>
I only got 4hrs of sleep last night

is it a good idea to go to the gym today?
>>
>>38381266
it is but it'll take longer and you need to start eating a LOT. like a shit ton.

that's basically what I've been doing for several months. at least get some dumbells and a bench though
>>
>>38375814
I suggest to fuck her right in the pussy.
>>
I fell off my skateboard and I have some kind of whiplash/neck strain, will it still be safe to squat/OHP/DL?
>>
-5x10 10 kg weighted pull ups
-3x3 20 kg weghted pull ups
-5x15 parallel dips
-5x10 10 kg curls
-4x15 diamond push ups
-5x15 bench dips
-4x25 sit ups
-4x15 bodyweight squats

how should I organize these into a program and what else should I incorporate ?
>>
>>38375852
>you start an intermediate program when you can no longer progress workout to workout on SS with proper rest and recovery.
then I should have started an intermediate program 2 months in
>>
Does somebody have some of the picture of that finnish god who sometimes is found in CBT threads? The really pale and blonde one.
I wanna make a catfish tinder account
>>
>>38381436

Depends how bad it is. You could always start low see how it feels and go from there. No real point in risking major damage because you didn't want to wait a week or two to recover.
>>
1. Is reverse dieting necessary after 5-6 months of cutting? Can I just go back to maintenance or should I build up slowly? Thinking of adding back 100-200 kcals a week.

2. How fast does lost strength come back (only lost about ~5kg on each lift)? I'm not gonna start bulking, just maintain.
>>
Is it better to do situps/crunches with something to hook your feet into/hold your feet down, or just purely on the floor?
>>
I'm on a one meal a day intermittent fasting plan and I can't work out where to position my meal in the day.

>If I have it in the mornings I will be sleeping on an empty stomach. Does this to any extent degrade my sleep and its benefits?
>If I have it in the evening it means I'll be working out on an empty stomach. I've heard that doing cardio on a fasted stomach can accelerate fat burn. I've also heard that lifting without a prior meal is to "operate way beneath potential".

please grace me with your wisdom /fit/ senpai!!!!!!!!!!
>>
alright this is a pretty stupid question but if you stop working out do your muscle deflate ? what happens?
>>
>>38381547
If you maxed out your linear progression in 2 months (even if making smaller jumps) you very likely either didn't rest enough between sets, started too heavy, didn't actually eat enough, or didn't sleep enough.
>>
>>38381831
I didnt max it out.
I slept, ate, rested enough.
I just had trouble progressing from the start. literally cant stay on a weight less than 3 workouts before going ahead
>>
File: sandow.jpg (12KB, 320x467px) Image search: [Google]
sandow.jpg
12KB, 320x467px
>>38375362
I need to lose weight (at least 50lbs / 22.7kg) and when I last casually lifted I enjoyed it, which was 11 years ago. I'd like to lose weight but also start lifting more seriously..

I've heard that it's idiotic to start SS on a cut, but I've also read that you should lift on a cut.

>Should I start SS even though I'm trying to lose fat?
>If not, what kind of program do you recommend?
>>
>>38381812
Morning is fine.
>>
>>38381857
That sounds like you started too heavy.

Generally you start with the empty bar and add weight until the speed of your reps START to slow down, then you know that's your starting weight. Did you do that at the beginning?
>>
>>38381943
I started at low weights, not just the bar because that's a way to trick yourself into thinking you're progressing while instead you're wasting time.
I followed SS instructions
>>
>>38381984
I meant adding those weights in your first session, sorry. Yeah, it sounds like you did things well, I'm just trying to figure out WTF is going on.

You're pretty lean at 6' and 175lbs. Are you eating 4k+ calories?

If you are, I'd say go for the intermediate program and see if it works better for you. Good luck, m8.
>>
File: 1414955419432.gif (958KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1414955419432.gif
958KB, 400x225px
>>38381745
bamp
>>
>>38381820
you know that old saying "if you don't use it, you lose it"? It applies. Muscles maintain their size because they get used. If you stop using them, they literally atrophy.

>>38381812
if you eat, you literally never sleep on an empty stomach, doesn't matter what time you eat. Food doesn't go from your mouth to your asshole in a few hours.

if you workout on an empty stomach, it doesn't really matter. You might feel sluggish and miserable the first few times you do it, but your body quickly gets used to it. Try either one and see which works best for you.

>>38381781
you should be able to do crunches without having to anchor yourself. But do whatever you have ot do to make sure you don't lift your feet.

>>38381745
1.it's not necessary but probably better for you to do just so you ease yourself into it
2.depends on a bunch of things
>>
when buying fish oil what am I suppose to look out for?

also i get acne when taking fish oil. apparently its the caps outer layering???
how can I avoid this?

thank u
>>
>>38381812
I do IF and I eat my one and only meal in the mornings, on the days that I don't lift. On the ones that I do, I split it into 2 meals (before lifting in the morning, and after lifting around lunch).

I do get a bit woozy after because it's a bunch of food and it bloats me, but I prefer to shovel it all in because it's such a tiny amount anyway, if I split it up it feels like I'm eating nothing.

It's fine though, I find that when I finish all my food I can stop thinking about food for the rest of the day, other wise I can only think about when I'm next gonna eat.

BUT I think that IF like this can develop a binge-eating disorder as you get used to shoveling food then restricting.

tl;dr:

>if you can do it and you want to, do it
>might feel a bit sleepy and bloated
>therefore don't do it on the days you lift or you'll vomit
>>
Does anyone have any experience ordering from alldaychemist.com? I wanna order some Fina from them to hopefully fix my thinning hair but I don't wanna get scammed or poisoned.
>>
File: 1458172172008.jpg (129KB, 800x560px) Image search: [Google]
1458172172008.jpg
129KB, 800x560px
whats a curl bro?
>>
>>38382240
someone who prioritizes biceps over everything else and literally goes to teh gym only to do curls. Most likely someone who has never ever done a compound lift in their life.
>>
>>38382033
I wasnt the guy posting originally.
I'm 185cm and 84kg, 6'1'' & 185
>>
>>38382033
also I still have shit weights
ohp 105
bp 160
sq 175
dl 242
>>
File: 1417209672057.jpg (37KB, 720x602px) Image search: [Google]
1417209672057.jpg
37KB, 720x602px
i can't keep my chest up when i do a high bar back squat. it leaves me in a situation where i hit the safety rails if i attempt to go to parallel. how can i fix this? i figure it's a mobility issue
>>
>>38382281
work on calf/ankle flexibility
>>
>>38382298
ty
>>
>>38381820
Yes, they'll get smaller, but it'll take a while.

Strength and muscle development are both very costly adaptations to the body. They require a huge amount of investment in both energy and time. They fundamentally change the 'architecture' of your body's tissues. That means that they'll only disappear slowly.

They will start to regress if you don't give your body a reason to maintain them, because it will see that it doesn't need to expend the large amount of resources necessary to do so, and thus won't bother. So over a long period of time, you will lose strength and eventually muscle mass. Actual muscular /size/ is the last thing to go, though, and we're talking about a loss at a rate of 1% every year if you stop lifting altogether.

However, because the process of getting stronger and building muscle fundamentally changes the way your nervous system and muscles work, if you ever start lifting again seriously you'll regain lost strength and size much more quickly than a beginner will make strength gains, regardless of how long you quit for.
>>
>>38382455
Oh and to maintain strength and mass you only need one short full body workout once a week to maintain it.

The rate at which you lose strength and mass is, however, severely understated.
>>
>>38381820

>>38382483
>The rate at which you lose strength and mass is, however, severely understated.

This is true ^^

I was injured and couldn't lift for 2 months. Got strength back very quickly, took me a month to get it all back which was great considering how injured and immobile I was. Only start to see actual muscle loss 3-4 weeks in.
>>
>>38382503
It's worth noting that your self perception is quite closely tied to what you do. It may have LOOKED like you'd lost muscle, but unless you weighed yourself and did a reliable body composition analysis, it was likely all in your head. Or possibly something to do with glycogen depletion. Or something. Who the fuck knows.
>>
been lifting for a year now and been doing push pull (legs on pull days) for 5 months. i can do 1/2/2.5/2.5 plates.
but i am thinking of switching to ppl and doing shoulders on leg days. what do you think ?
>>
>>38382541
I weighed the same I think. Might have gone down 1 or 2 lbs but in 2 months there was some definite muscle loss. I looked very different at the end, obviously due to having no pump, water weight, etc, but it came back startlingly quickly and I think the long break even helped, I started making gains again rapidly and even shot past my old maxes which I'd been struggling with.
>>
>>38382606
why not do ppl and do shoulders on their designated day of push
>>
>>38382643
cause while i can do 1 plate ohp i feel like if i do shoulders on seperate day (like on leg days) i could lift much more heavy.
on push days i do chest first so my triceps always kind of sore when i do shoulders. that is why
>>
>>38381524
big compounds, weighted
>>
is there something similar to SS for running? a methodical, no nonsense approach to starting the damn thing with a solid foundation, with a justified explanation of good form and programming?
>>
>>38382606
thats fairly standard. its basically

chest/tris
back/bis
legs/shoulders
>>
>>38382281
squat more
warm up lots

and your hip, hamstring, ankle etc. flexibility is poor

just squat as deep as you can safely for your working sets, making sure you're fully warmed up and do a shit ton of stretching for months and months

and dont worry about going atg really who gives a shit except t rex nerds online, just make it PL legal and safe
>>
File: 067704411.jpg (1MB, 1215x1671px) Image search: [Google]
067704411.jpg
1MB, 1215x1671px
This is the order I work out

Leg
Chest
Back
Shoulder

How could I change this?

Im always too tired for deadlifts after legs, I might try taking a rest inbetween chest and back but idk
>>
>>38382809
Maybe try inserting legs inbetween two of the upper body parts to leave that area time to recover better
>>
File: f08.jpg (203KB, 719x540px) Image search: [Google]
f08.jpg
203KB, 719x540px
>>38382704
I feel u bro and I had the same results of overworking shoulders before i got there on a push day during a push pull split.
Solution:
>Do anterior on push day and posterior on pull
>do shoulders on pull or leg day
>do better for with flies and benching (down lower away from neck) so that your shoulders aren't being overworked.
>>
File: image.jpg (29KB, 800x468px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29KB, 800x468px
Ello lads

Question

Two months ago I did 180kg diddy for two

Havent been able to do more than that since

Was it a one of or will I be able to lift more soon?
>>
>>38375362
What are the best exercises to build glutes the fastest fit? I'm already doing squats, rdls, and good mornings. Former fatty and my ass is flabby af with fucking stretch marks all over.
>>
I am in my second week of SS and when squatting my first set of 50kg (dyel) I felt a burning pain sort of in between my belly button and right hip

Do I have a hernia or something?
>>
>>38382906
deadlifts, GHRs, hip thrusts, those 3 you mention. pick some and add weight/reps

you need to lose more weight if there's still a load of flab tho
>>
>>38382704
could also do upper/lower with 2 upper days each week. do a bench and press variation both days but alternate whether you start with bench or something overhead
>>
>>38382925
is it still sore now?

rest it until recovered, use painkillers if necessary
>>
>>38382943
It was like 20 minutes ago, still feels kinda warm
>>
>>38382906
Squats -- proper ATG, 100%
Deadlifts (conventional and straight leg) -- squeeze glutes at top
Back extensions -- with plate, squeeze glutes
Leg press -- go really deep but keep weight low so nothing snaps

Honorary mentions: lunges, bulgarian split squats
>>
>>38375362
Are drug tests in the medical profession any different than generalized drug tests you get at other places of work? Are drug tests in the medical profession more rigorous or anything?

I'm about to order some illegal modafinil in the USA and wondering if drug tests will catch it at all. "Normal" drug tests won't catch it and it seems only a specific drug test will catch it. I'm wondering in a general drug test that a hospital will administer is going to be specific enough to pick up modafinil
>>
File: P1110262.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
P1110262.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>38375362
Are my hips considered too wide to look aesthetic? My hip bones start at where my finger points at. (newfriend here)
>>
>>38383181
no you just have big love handles, will probably look fine when you lose fat
>>
>>38383181
no just work on your lats to counter it, loosing bf will also help
>>
Are low weight, high rep lunges a good alternative to squats if I only have dumbbells to work with?
>>
Just saw someone mention ZMA in another thread. What does it do? I read a review that said it helped people feel more awake in the morning which if that's true I might get some. I always feel like such shit in the morning.
>>
Whats a good arm size for 6'2?

Im just shy of 6'2 in height with 14.5" arms and they look tiny af whats a good arm size at my height that will look pretty big?
>>
File: 1471322376831.jpg (88KB, 584x809px) Image search: [Google]
1471322376831.jpg
88KB, 584x809px
How much progress do people on Madcow or TM make realistically? Apparently it's impossible to actually manage 2.5kg every week for squats and diddies.
>>
>>38381308

if you're this insecure about your height when we are talking about parts of inches then kys
>>
File: 1469401631090.gif (289KB, 447x415px) Image search: [Google]
1469401631090.gif
289KB, 447x415px
How do I eat more guys? TDEE + 500 puts me at pushing 3000 Calories a day. Do I just stuff my face full of cheeseburgers?
>>
>>38383580
melt blocks of cheese, not kidding
put oil on everything
handfuls of sunflower seeds
peanut butter

Just a lot of calorific shit.
>>
Will putting weight change my face?
currently in skeleton mode (5'11 with 110 lbs) and i feel like my head is too small, especially after i went for the buzzcut, So ill be trying to put weight in the next month and im asking if its gonna have clear changes on my face or not>>38375362
>>38375362
>>38375362
>>
File: 1470418430747.jpg (30KB, 480x490px) Image search: [Google]
1470418430747.jpg
30KB, 480x490px
Can an ex fatty ever be skeletal mode, assuming surgery for loose skin?
>>
Anyone else have low blood pressure? My top number was 104 the other day and since ive started lifting weights and eating better Im dizzy sometimes from the low blood pressure. Anyone else deal with this and have some tips?
>>
>>38383612
But cheese is too expensive, at least the good stuff.
>>
I am 2 months in GSLP, my lift are (5 reps)

Squat: 80 kg
Deadlift: 97,5 kg
OHP: 41 kg
Bench: 59 kg
Chinups: +16 kg
Dips: +10 kg (10 reps)

Had 2 skip 2 times cause gym closed.
How am I doing?
>>
>>38380764
Please respond.
>>
>>38384029
jesus you're squatting like me, ohp'ing and benching, DLing a bit less and destroying me in dips and chinups.
I started in march.
how are you built/did you do sports before?
what variation of gslp are you running?
>>
>>38383812
All cheese tastes good melted

Buy cheap cheese then, you're only eating it for calories anyway
>>
I have shit tier ankle mobility, which makes getting to parallel squat really hard without rounding my back. While I am stretching my ankles and hips and slowly becoming more flexible, should my priority be to hit full ROM without proper alignment or 3/4th ROM with proper alignment.

By proper alignment I mean the bar is inline with your ankles- I'm referring to that infographic floating around here that details the difference between a "weighted good morning" and squats

Thanks!
>>
File: Greyskull+LP.png (37KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
Greyskull+LP.png
37KB, 700x600px
>>38384051
I am 5'10' and 69 kg. Was recovering from 1 years shoulder injury, so I did some bodyweight exercises before I could go to the gym (mostly pullups and dips). When I started hitting the gym I could do around 18 pullups, but apart from that no prior training. I am following the Greyskull from the sticky site (pic related). Best of luck brother.
>>
>>38381873
Read the sticky, especially the parts about Diet & Body Re-composition. You can and should start lifting. You can even "do" SS or another LP beginners' program, but you will stall in progression earlier than someone eating at a surplus or maintenance. At that point you might want to try to eat a little more to continue progress in your lifts, or continue the cut and try to progress as best you can, but at that point you will have stopped "following the program." You can ride the noob gains train for a while and lose fat while building muscle while eating around maintenance.
>>
File: asdasdasd.png (7KB, 381x160px) Image search: [Google]
asdasdasd.png
7KB, 381x160px
>>38384097
I thought about doing that one, I'm doing pic related now.
The thing holding me back is deadlifting 1/3 times, seems a bit low
also I would ditch the curls for some more "strength" assistance lift, like rdl, lunges, some cable pulldown/row or some press
I stopped squatting heavy on DL day
>>
>>38382165
The most omega 3 EPA/DHA in about a 2:1 ratio for the lest amount of money. I find these fit that bill: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000SE5SY6/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1 or the Kirkland if you have a Costco account: http://www.costco.com/Kirkland-Signature%e2%84%a2-Fish-Oil-1200-mg,-180-Enteric-Coated-Softgels.product.11248464.html .

You can buy bottles of liquid fish oil too. Carlson is a great brand, it's just more $.
>>
>>38384248
About the dlift what I did was doing it when I OHP, and squat when i bench, like other programs I've seen. In that way I deadlift as many times as I squat, I felt it was better for a beginner
>>
where do i get motivation

i have been lying in bed for 3 days sleeping off and on leaving my room only to get a drink of water and eat dinner while waiting for classes to start next week
>>
>>38382759
couch to 5k
>>
>>38384248
>>38384360
Forgot to add that I feel that the main lifts are enough for strenght, so my accessories are mostly focused on hypertrophy ( curls, dips and lateral raises, with occasional ab workout)
>>
>>38382805
i know i can squat more but i fold over too much for it to matter as i hit the safety rails. and thank you
>>
File: routine.png (6KB, 369x133px) Image search: [Google]
routine.png
6KB, 369x133px
>>38384360
>>38384397
yeah, sounds right.
I think I'm switching to this
thought about adding some pushing assistance, but I'm always spent after bench and ohp and they're already bad, so Idk. maybe I'll start doing pushups on off days
>>
>>38384361
If you don't have the motivation then don't train. Let yourself go so much that you feel disgusted with your body. At that point you'll probably find the motivation. If you don't, it means you don't need to look good to feel good, and of that I will be envious.
>>
>>38384441
Seems good to me. We're all gonna make it.
>>
>>38384441
Not the guy you were talking to, but if you're that spent after bench and ohp, that's even more of a reason to do pushing assistance. 10-12 reps of dips or closegrip bench should do the trick to help you with bench. No need for huge weights, just as much as you feel you can do at the end of your workout. Dips are incredibly good accessory to help you progress with the bench
>>
>>38384492
I can do 3x8 barely now.
tried doing them on bench day and I just cant.
maybe inclined dumbbell? or yeah close grip..
>>38384460
let's hope. happy lifting
>>
>>38384544
Do them 3xF at the end of the workout possibly? I bet after 1-2 weeks will be easier doing them. Or look up the armstrong pullup program and try to apply that to dips. It won't take more than 10-15 minutes per day, and I had nice results when doing it.
>>
WHAT IS ZMA AND WHY WOULD I USE IT?
>>
How do i grow my arms? Ive made great progress in the past 6 months:
6'0 180lbs to 200lbs
Bench 80 kg/176lbs to105kg/235lbs
Squat 100kg/220lbs to 160kg/352lbs
Deadlift 130kg/286lbs to 200kg/440lbs
But my arms stayed at 15 inches.
I trained them twice a week with dropsets and lots of volume and felt good carryover to bench press and ohp but they dont seem bigger at all.
>>
>>38385120
Also forgot:
Weighted pullups 0lbs 3x5 to 20kg/45lbs
Ohp 45kg/~100lbs to 65kg/143lbs
>>
>>38384610
it's been months since I started doing them and I havent had much of a progress. like from 6-5-4 to 3 sets of 8
>>
>>38385120
if you gained 20lbs and 25kg on your bench I'd be surprised if there was zero change, unless you replaced some fat with muscle

make sure you're pressing a lot, add chins, if you are using high reps i.e. 15+rep sets bring it down to 8-12 rep range, especially for isolations, train arms 3x/week now instead of 2x

>>38385039
>>38383486
sleep aid

take an hour before bed or something like that

>>38384361
you don't.

you keep doing shit you have to do until you find your own motivation. if you're not motivated by friends, family, potential partners, fun, health etc. then you may be clinically depressed.

>>38384053
have a decently wide stance, feet pointed out, and let your body 'fold' over more - watch layne norton squatting for an example of a folded over squat. just because you're leaned over doesn't make it a good morning

if you really can't hit depth, partial rom is better.

>>38380764
it depends what it is exactly.

if it is some sort of tear, take a few days off including some icing, and then follow the Starr Recovery protocol

>>38383732
104 isn't exceptionally low.

has a doctor told you your bp was too low or that your dizziness was a result of such?

>>38383726
>wanting to be skeletal mode
hypothetically tho, sure why the fuck not

>>38383693
putting on weight can change your face

it might not for you

give it a go

>>38383498
how is it apparently impossible

SS is more than possible at 2.5kg a session, why would 2.5kg a week (when appropriate) be impossible for a certain period of time

>>38383490
like 16"

just train until they look good tho?

>>38383332
they are an alternative to low weight, high rep squats
>>
>>38385276
>SS is more than possible at 2.5kg a session
sure, if you start from empty bar
>>
>>38385223
Dips aren't necessary desu, even though they are a good exercise.
However, the best progress i had on pullups was to just add weight slowly, since it is really hard to increase reps.
I'm >>38385120 and just doing them weighted got my non weighted pullups from 7max to 18max while also gaining 20lbs. Pretty sure this should apply to dips too since i struggled to get my pullups up at first too before i started doing them weighted.
>>
>>38385295
>denial
I'm sorry you wasted your time on a brosplit, anon
>>
>>38385276
I train for strength mostly, plan to get into powerlifting after a year or so.stay inbetween 3-5 reps usually.
My ohp and pullups went up a lot so i dont think thats the issue. Could be that i just measured my arms wrong back then or something, well i'll see how they look after this cut either way.
>>
>>38385299
I can do 3 pullups at best so I dont know if adding weight is wise.
maybe on chinups, if I get to like 8
>>38385319
I wonder where I told you that, oh yeah I didnt and you're mentally retarded
I'm on SS
>>
>>38385356
I was zalking about dips though bro. Pretty sure the same principle applies.
>>
File: 20160820_113852.png (423KB, 644x670px) Image search: [Google]
20160820_113852.png
423KB, 644x670px
I just ate 1500 calories and its barely 11:41

Quick how do I get this out of my system?
>>
>>38385356
>kek SS doesnt work
>btw I'm on SS haha retard
cool so you're just here to argue about nothing like a mongrel ok
>>
>>38385387
Stop responding to it.
>>
>>38385387
you're legit retarded and a bad false flagger
You said on SS it's easy to add 2.5kg every workout and I told you that's not sustainable.
doesnt mean the whole program is worthless
man I cant wait for summer to be over
>>
>>38385457
>implying SS was designed to be run indefinitely
>implying that was my implication
kys
>>
>>38385480
again, moving the goalposts and false flagging
yawn, you can just stop replying, this is an anonymous forum
>>
>>38385295
SS actually advises you to start loading 5kg per session AS LONG AS YOU CAN (which is usually for a few weeks on squats and a few sessions on press and bench press) before moving to 2.5. The only exception is on deadlift where it advises to load up to 10kg until you can't, then drop to 5, then 2.5.

(I actually managed to get away with 5kg jumps on the deadlift until 180kg, but the last couple of sessions were fucking atrocious.)
>>
Does anyone have any experience with an eco ball? It has some special kind of chalk inside, you just squeeze the bag and your hands are ready to go with no mess. I ask this because my hands always get sweaty when i deadlift and the gym i go to doesnt have chalk and probably wont permit it, they are like 5 dollars on amazon.
>>
>>38385532
I did exactly that, and it lasted very little time.
I took a break on my DL at 110 because I had a bit of discomfort in my lower back and had a little injury in my scapular region while playing basketball
>>
My free community gym replaced it's squat rack (totally still functional) with a smith machine. Should I bother using it for squats or would I be better off just using a leg press and other machines to compensate?
>>
Whats the most effective means to break through a weight loss plateau. Ive already cut back on my calories more, only eating 1,000 a day. Should I excersise more or do I just have to keep going and wait for more progress?
>>
>>38385633
eat more for some days, kickstart your metabolism back up
and yeah do some more activity, prefer HIIT to low intensity long time jogging
>>
>>38385703
Ive heard about that

It's called carb cycling right?
>>
>>38385276
>>>38383486 (You)
>sleep aid
>take an hour before bed or something like that

I've read it increases test also? And doesn't zinc make you cum more?
>>
>>38384206
Thanks, m8. I'll check that part of the sticky out in detail.
>>
Why is my bro's bench so weak? He was a fucking slob so I got him to come to the gym with me.
Started really weak on all lifts but after a month and a week he's doing better on everything except for his chest.
He literally failed 110 lbs three straight chest days so I told him to deload now. It's unbelievable how he's putting weight consistently on every lift but the bench press.

Can I make him do some kind of assistance exercise?
>>
>>38385703
What should be the priority when I do this? Carbs, protein, fat?
>>
>>38385729
nothing raises test to a significant degree unless its illegal. the cumming more would just be a result of 'higher test'
>>
>>38385796
>>38385712
macros are less important than you think
>>
>>38385807
>unless its illegal
Or unless you're a mentally ill girl and they give you shots for free. Fucking socialism
>>
>>38385831
Trans people make me ree as well anon. I don't know if that makes me a bad person
>>
>>38385703
And how much should I increase my calorie intake by?
>>
>>38385893
I don't think so. I don't hate them personally, they are just ill, I hate the establishment that rewards and praises them when in the long term they are hurting those people. There's a reason why trannies kill themselves so much after all.
>>
File: 1471414092036.jpg (11KB, 274x184px) Image search: [Google]
1471414092036.jpg
11KB, 274x184px
Does anyone superset secondary muscles? What is it called? Googled and couldn't find any info.

Examples, curls between lat Pulldown sets. Or pushups between dumbell bench.
>>
>>38385991
I do that with curls and lateral raises sometimes so i can work one while the other rests
>>
>>38385991
its called a superset
>>
>>38375362
Can ear inflammation(NOT infection) cause diahrrea and vomiting?
I've been treating it since thursday but I still have strong pain from time to time, seems that when it's around bed time I get so much pain that I have to get ice to put in it and then start praying for the pain to slow down, it's horrendous I can't even sleep.

or could it be painkillers side effects? I took them for two days, twice in one day and once in the other but stopped and didnt take it yesterday since shit's heavy(dunolide)
after finally reducing pain and being so tired I fell asleep just to wake up 2 hours later with some strong stomach ache
went to the bathroom and took a solid shit, then I stayed there since the pain was so much and took another shit but this time more liquid but thick, then it came completely liquid

felt awful and when I was going to lay down I had the urge to vomit and vomited this weird sea-green liquid vomit that I could barely see and then I vomited that yellow one
I hadn't ate for like 7 hours prior to that so Is it safe tro assume it had nothing to do with food?
>>
File: 1470942852133.gif (2MB, 356x200px) Image search: [Google]
1470942852133.gif
2MB, 356x200px
>>38375362
Probably pulled an ab muscle yesterday. Dr told me to rest a week and to come back Friday if it still hurts because then it's probably my gallbladder.

My question is if I'm missing over a week of lifting how much should I deload? Would it be stupid to jump right back in?
Bench 140
Squat 200
DL 220
OHP 110
>>
>>38386635
maybe deload 10 pounds just to be safe, but it shouldn't change your lifts that much.
>>
tiitysprinkles
>>
>>38386660
Yeah I'll probably do that. I'm on sl5x5 so that's only like a week.

Secondary question. I felt the pain doing squats, and I think I'm bending over too much. Is that a common injury? I thought squats would hurt my back honestly not my torso
>>
>>38386694
it's possible, but only way to know for sure is to see you lift.
>>
>>38386123
>>38386271
neither of those answers his question
>>
>>38386725
you still won't know for sure, and likely nor would a trained professional, in fitness or medicine
>>
>>38386759
>What is it called?
>its called a superset
looks like it answers the question fine to me m8

unless you really think he was more interested in whether i did them or not
>>
>>38385771
How often is he benching? For what sets and reps? What does the warmup look like? Is he lying limp like a spaghetti noodle on the bench or is he taking a big breath and getting tight? Is he a tiny little guy?

>>38386558
You should probably take this to a doctor, my dude.

>>38386666
>erection injection
>>
>>38386851
I did
Cleared all the wax that got pushed into the ear cannal which caused the inflammation and now I've been doing ear drops 3x per day, should be ok in 2-3 days

was just wondering about vomiting and diahrrea, this shit always happens at least once a year to me and I never know why, or what food could possibly cause it
>>
>>38386851
>How often is he benching?
1-2 times per wk

>For what sets and reps?
3x5

>What does the warmup look like?
Just the bar x 8, then heavier weights and less reps until 1 rep at 90% of his workload

>Is he lying limp like a spaghetti noodle on the bench or is he taking a big breath and getting tight?
He's not limp but he's not as tight as he could be.

>Is he a tiny little guy?
Not really

I'm going to drill him proper technique next week, maybe that's what's holding him back.
>>
Should I tell someone who's squatting/deadlifting or doing any other lift horribly wrong how to do so properly? Or would that make me a douchebag?
>>
>>38386964
dont, it's not worth the energy.
they're probably feel offended and act like douches or not listen
>>
>>38386964
If that person is a friend or at least someone you know then by all means tell him, otherwise he's probably not going to like it.
>>
>>38379457
I have no idea how to solve your problem, I'm just here to tell you that you need to go to the gym and lift weights, there is little point in walking as an exercise, it burns few calories and takes a long time. Good on you for atleast trying though.
>>
Got two questions

1. What should I be doing for some sweet traps like lu xiaojun? Realized I basically don't hit them outside indirect work like deadlifts dand ohp

2. how do I make avocado taste decent? has a pretty weird taste
>>
>>38382809
By doing a 4 day Upper/Lower split
>>
>>38387096
1. Snatch grip high pulls, kroc rows, farmer walks
>>
If doing a full body routine 4x a week, what is an ideal set number per body part? Currently at 3 sets of 1 exercise per muscle group. Comes out to 20-25 sets a workout.
>>
>>38387096
What's your deadlift? If it's significantly above 4pl8, start doing heavy ass barbell shrugs off the rack once a week as an accessory. Nothing makes traps blossom like a wondrous, meaty flower quite like it.
>>
>>38387195
120kg but going up since I copped some chalk for my slipping grip
>>
Mobility exercises for my arms so I can do front squats properly?
>>
>>38386271
Guess you didn't read the word superset in my op?
>>
What are some good mainly upper body cardio exercises? On off running days I chop wood, row, and punch my bag but it's begining to get old and I want something fresh.
>>
>>38387348
Battle ropes
>>
Why do I sleep like shit and always feel so tired?
>>
>>38387385
Depression, sleep apnea, poor sleep hygiene, anxiety, could be anything.
>>
>>38385554
Bumping to see if anyone can answer my question from ealier.
>>
>>38386984
>>38387007
Thing is when I first started I was deadlifting horribly and a random huge guy at the university gym came and gave me a lesson on how to do it properly. I've never forgotten it because it was so insightful.
>>
I'm currently 215 after some cutting (weighed 250, still cutting) but I still have my man boobs and they look the same. How much should I weigh before going to the doctor to make sure it isnt gyno?
>>
>>38387531
They're OK, but chalk is better, and it's easier to get forgiveness than permission. Just don't get it everywhere and you'll be fine.
>>
>>38387368
Interesting.

Any tips on how to get started or should I just go to home depot and get a thick rope?
>>
>>38387608
4 visible abs
>>
Should I high bar squat or low bar?
>>
>>38387986
>tfw never looked into this

I just put the bar on my traps, is this highbar?
>>
>>38375362
Is hyphy mud bad for you?
>>
>>38387986
yes
>>
>>38387986
Do you want to fuck your knees or your back up?
>>
I can squat atg
I can even squat(with just my body, no bart) with basically my butt touching the ground but here my back starts to round

how2fix?
>>
>>38387298
i saw it

doesnt change the fact it's still just called a superset

>does anyone bench press? what lift is it called
>>
is ICF 5x5 a decent routine? On a cut right now so would be adding cardio on off days
ArBrArr
BrArBrr

>A
Squats 5x5
Bench Press 5x5
Bent Over Row 5x5
Barbell Shrugs 3x8
Tricep Extensions 3x8
Straight Bar or Incline Curls 3x8
Hyperextensions with plate 2x10

>B
Squats 5x5
Deadlift 1x5
Standing Press 5x5
Bent Over Row (10% lighter than Workout A) 5x5
Close Grip Bench Press 3x8
Straight Bar or Incline Curls 3x8
>>
>>38388259
do you want to look like jason blaha? yes? then do ICF
>>
Are beginner strength programs suitable during a cut? I've been lifting for close to a year but only started compound lifts a month or so ago. I'm going to need to cut in a month's time (gotten really fat) and I would like to continue gaining strength -- IF it is possible. Is it?
>>
>>38387531
No idea if it's the same thing but I have a bag/ball of chalk that I use. I think it's marketed to climbers but lifters can use it too. Its lasted me about 3 years so far and still going strong, can recommend.
>>
i got a job and i cant go to the gym for time issues,whats the reccomended stuff for a home gym,like affordable must haves?
>>
>>38387385
Well I don't fucking know anon.

What's your daily routine like? Work? School? Much physical activity? Regular daily routine or NEET? Medication? Diet? Alcohol and caffeine? Time of meals? Stress? Depression?
>>
>>38388273
>implying blaha ever did his own 5x5
that being said, it is shit
>>
Instead of buying expensive preworkout couldn't I just buy bulk caffein BCAA Beta-Alanine and make my own ?
>>
>>38388345
continuing this post,the gym near my closes by the time im done with work /university
>>
>>38388420
any recommendation on a fbw routine?
>>
>>38375362
If I watch Piana videos at 1.25 speed will I learn to talk quicker?
>>
>>38387385
Everything else being equal, try this:

Wake up earlier than you have to. Around 6am or earlier.
Have a morning routine of stretching, grooming and eat a decent breakfast.
Reduce carbs from your diet, cut right down on sugar. Try to stick to scheduled mealtimes with no snacking inbetween. Light dinner at least two hours before bed.
Get plenty of exercise. Try going for a jog in the evening.
Take multivitamins, iron, zinc, copper and calcium.
Shower before bed. Finish off with a cold rinse to prevent excess sweating after.
Look at meditation techniques to help relax physically in bed. Consciously untense all your muscles, breathing etc.
Go ahead and fap if it's on your mind. But don't make it such an ingrained routine that you can't sleep without it.
Lay awake thinking of stuff? Write it down. The problems will wait until tomorrow. Putting them down in a written list can make them easier to tackle.
Whitenoise generator if it helps. Search YouTube for 10 hour white noise playlists.

Repeat.
>>
>>38387096
I love avocado with vinaigrette. Balsamic vinegar, olive oil, black pepper. I'm having a small orgasm just imagining it.
>>
I'm a self-conscious fag

I often tell people I walk to work and around other places long distances. They seem super surprised/worried when I say it's around a 40-50 min walk to and from my house and ask me why I don't just drive..

That's not that bad, right? I can't help but think if I said I went for a 4 hour hike, people would think that's weak shit.
>>
>>38386772
It could be relatively easy to spot a glaring error in form.
>>
I'm struggling with really tight hamstrings after I run. I'm a real newbie to running, trying to improve my cardiovascular fitness, and need some stretches or warm ups that are reasonably quick and easy to do (so that I can get to running before I lose motivation).
>>
>>38388699
You might be running too hard. I had a bunch of hamstring problems when I took about a month off and tried to get right back into it by don't some sprints and fucked my leg up bad. You might just need to ease up into it
>>
>>38388620
Most people are fat and lazy. It's only 3 miles max. So many pluses involved (exercise, less emissions/wear and tear on your car/gas, one less car on the roads, etc.) and the only minus is your perception of what you think other people think of you. I'd actually admire someone who told me they do that.
>>
>>38388720
possibly. I'm doing like a mile and a half of running/walking, which doesn't feel very far at all though (I mean mentally. Physically, between asthma and hamstrings, its enough to wear me out)
>>
I have hemorrhoids

what do?
>>
>>38385822
T. Skinnyfat
>>
>>38385633
Keto works miracles.
>>
>>38388441
Yes.
>>
>>38388888
>>
>>38388733
Thanks anon
>>
>>38388484
SS
>>
What's better, /fit/ Greyskull or Phraks variant?

I have been doing Greyskull, still new ate gym and love it, but I'm wondering if the other one is better?
>>
>>38388808
You can't take that kind of ailment sitting down. Pull your finger out; it's your ass on the line.
>>
why isn't there any love for reverse pyramid training on /fit/
>>
>>38385633
weight will come off, it's just water weight because your body has elevated cortisol levels. keep at the deficit and consider doing a high carb day where you eat at or SLIGHTLY above your tdee, will increase your leptin levels and reduce cortisol

your weight will jump up a few pounds but you'll piss it all out 1-2 days later
>>
File: WP_20160819_005.jpg (1MB, 1456x2592px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160819_005.jpg
1MB, 1456x2592px
>>38375362
Delts and lats

I'm new to bodybuilding and I had never even heard of those muscles before I came to /fit/

What do good delts and bad delts look like? How about lats? I need some examples for comparison

pic is me, im assuming i have zero lats or delts, but how can I look at a guy and know if he has good ones or not?
>>
>>38389064

Lats should flare out like wings. Delts should be capped, meaning they stick out to the side and show a clear separation from the upper arm.
>>
>>38388314
Anyone?
>>
File: immunity puppy.jpg (85KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
immunity puppy.jpg
85KB, 700x700px
>>38389118
thanks, that helps
>>
Anyone have any advice lifting wise on dealing with a herniated disc?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
19KB, 480x360px
Is pic related a meme? His videos seem pretty legit.
>>
>>38388808

They heal by themselves.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-02-10-16h27m26s311.png (820KB, 1280x718px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-02-10-16h27m26s311.png
820KB, 1280x718px
My friend refuses to drink water.
What can I do to make him?
I'm afraid he'll duy, but it's been keeping on doing this for - what? - a month, maybe? It's fucking insane, he's not drinking water. Coffee, sometimes, but not too much of it, maybe two cups per day, IT'S NOT ENOUGH.
His name is Thomas, by the way.
Anyone ever dealt with situations like this?
Thanks. Help.
>>
>>38389064
You have the beginnings of delts but absolutely zero lats. Your torso is a perfect tube. Train pull ups.
>>
>>38388808
Drink more water. Eat more fiber. Wait til you really have to poop before having a push. Don't push too hard. Only wipe twice with TP and use baby wipes/bidet afterwards. Treat existing hemorrhoids with witch hazel.
>>
I've been doing SS for like 8 months now. 5 of those months were very sporadic and with no real meal-plan. I was a raging alcoholic and drugabuser.

Now that I've quit it and started doing things properly I've gained a lot of strength and I'm wondering if I should continue with SS or start a PPL?

Currently I ; (all numbers are kilograms cus EU)
Bench 70
Squat 90
Deadlift 110
Pulldown 65
OHP 45

Should I continue with SS until I reach higher numbers or can I start doing a PPLxPPx schedule?
>>
I'm starting a bulk. Am I supposed to eat a 500-calorie surplus everyday, or just on my lifting days?
>>
>>38389568
Anyone?
>>
>>38389616
>bumps his question after 4 minutes
What are you, on drugs? Ha ha, mate.
>>
>>38389511
Just leave him be, if he doesn't want to drink water let him suffer the consequences. If he's serious about losing weight or lifting or whatever he's gonna learn to like it on his own.
>>
>>38389631
Nah I'm keen for answers.
>>
>>38389568
SS is a program you don't quit until you plateau.
>>
>>38389568
sheeeit nigga, i also just stopped drugs. good for you mang
>>
>>38389511
Survival of the fittest. Let him die.
>>
>>38389635
That's the thing, his motivation is not weight loss or fitness. He says water makes him sick, makes him vomit.

He's always been a weird guy, but this takes the cake.
>>
>>38389649
But he got married recently, and got himself a son a few months ago. He has a lot to live for.
>>
>>38389656
then whatever, fuck him. His health is his own concern. If he wants to waste it, let him. Pressing the issue likely won't change his mind.
>>
>>38389568
Continue. Add accessories if you like
Aim for 1/2/3/4.
>>
>>38389615
Every day.
>>
>>38375679

See above pic for the routine.

Gonna do phraks greyskull + a couple of accessories, probably just curls and another. What other should I do? Some kinda tricep exercise?
>>
>>38389679
Alright. I just felt like I wanted to spread it out during the weak to have fewer rest days because I really enjoy going to the gym, I like the routine. So I figured PPL was a better way of doing that.

What exactly is 1/2/3/4? Is it the amount of plates on each exercise? (Ohp/Bench/Squat/Deadlift)?
>>
>>38389668
Then he's a plain fool. If his wife and kid aren't motivation enough then what hope do you have?

Perhaps a good hard punch might enlighten him. "Water makes me vomit"? I've never heard such bullshit.
>>
>>38389643
3 months and counting. Tbh it was not very hard to quit. I want to achieve the same confidence I have when coked / high / drunk / whatever when I'm sober. I figured the only way of doing that is to work on myself and fuck everything else.
>>
>>38387714
IIRC, you want 50 feet of 2-inch marine rope. And then, yeah, double it, weigh down the bend, grab an end in each hand, and waggle it furiously about until exhausted.

>>38388005
Meh. Just take caffeine pills. Cheaper, better-tasting, easier to titrate the dose, easier on the gut.

>>38389295
http://startingstrength.com/article/back_rehab_a_case_study
>>
>>38389712
Yes, exactly.
>>
If I do not lift very much, what should my warmups look like?

For example, my OHP is only 50 pounds for 5 reps. I warm up with 1x7~ of 25 lbs, then 1x5~ 35 then go on to 3x5 of 50 for work sets. At least that's what would be ideal, but I can only really manage one full 5 set rep, then the last 2 work sets suffer heavily. For now I'm just continuing on with trying to push through this in spite of whether or not my warmups are taking too much away from my work sets.

Similar story with bench and chinups; I feel like I should be able to do 3 work sets of 5 reps but can't quite get there.

tl;dr how should a DYEL warm up
>>
What is a 1/2/3/4?
>>
>>38389737

Might sounds retarded, but you mean 1 plate on each side of the bar, right? So that would mean that OHP 1 plate is one plate on each side, benching 2 plates would be 2 plates on each side, etc. ?
>>
File: 1461377905846.jpg (23KB, 480x318px) Image search: [Google]
1461377905846.jpg
23KB, 480x318px
>>38389793
Nevermind
>>
>>38389796
Probably the most common question asked in these threads. Can't believe it's not in the sticky. Yes, one 45 lb/20 kg bar + one 45 lb/20kg plate on each end = 135 lbs/60 kg...
>>
>>38389783
personally I warm up with 3x3 sets of 20%, 50%, and 70% of my current lifting weight with basically no rest time between them.
>>
>powerbuilding
What is a good powerbuilding program that you would recommend to a novice-intermediate
>>
>>38389796
nah bro, you put one plate on one end, lift to failure, then do a 360 on the bar and repeat
>>
>>38389927
does icf 5x5 count as powerbuilding?
>>
How do you guys get a lot of fiber into your diet?

Four days a week I have beans/broc/sweet potato/banana the other three I start the day with oatmeal and bananas.

I feel like (at least according to MFP) I'm only getting half of what I'm told I'm supposed to.
>>
How do you know you should switch from a LP program?

I started Greyskull on a cut so aside from losing fat I haven't made "gainz" yet
>>
>>38390037
*when you should
>>
best alternative to SS that isn't 66% focused on lower body lifts?
I am 6'0 150lb and my upper body is skelly tier but my quads and hamstrings are disproportionately bigger thanks to playing a ton of field hockey.
need a program that wont make me look like a dyel with hambeast legs.
>>
>>38390037

>>38378312
>>
>>38390053
Thanks anon. By no longer progress you mean that when you are not able to physically increase the weight anymore even though you deload?
>>
>>38390066
pretty much yeah

keep in mind that it's not exactly going to be something that'll happen in a day, and more likely something you sort of just realize after a good number of workouts. Won't necessarily be that you aren't capable of increasing weight at all, but more so that the progress slows down significantly i.e. your progression is no longer linear.

Again, you'll likely have to go through a few workouts, maybe two weeks or so--and I say that as a very very very loose, completely made up estimate--before you kind of just look at your numbers and realize, "Hey, I'm not really progressing any more/not progressing as fast as I used to." But again, deloads are fine, but hitting a wall in terms of progression is when you should start thinking about a new program

I essentially just said the same thing a bunch of times, but I hope it helps you a bit more than me just being a dick and repeating it word for word like a shitlord
>>
>>38390104
Thanks for the detailed answer anon much appreciated. I have still a lot to go on my LP program since I have started on a cut and I can progress much better when I switch to bulking
>>
>>38390142
word dude, keep it up
>>
>>38379457
You should be able to walk for dozens of miles without stopping at your age. How fucking fat are you? Even a lolnoexercise slug that issnt morbidly obese can walk without considering it an achievement.

Lose kilos, toughen the fuck up, stop living off cheezeits and dr pepper.
>>
I got a warning for replying to a "your mother will die of you don't reply to this" posts
where can I find the rest of the hidden rules?
>>
File: Rep-Ranges.png (42KB, 1008x1008px) Image search: [Google]
Rep-Ranges.png
42KB, 1008x1008px
>>38389927
>>38389958
>>
I used to be like 167 last week but i went on a vaction and now im 170 wtf is it possible to have put on fat while slacking for 6 days on my diet ??? I feel and look fatter. Im trying to lower bf%.
>>
>>38383693
pls respond ,_,
>>
>>38390510
Depends. Did you eat in excess of you TDEE? It's also within the range of normal weight fluctuation.
>>
>>38390577
I ate at maitnence instead of eating at a cut
>>
Monohydrate Creatine for weight loss?
>>
>>38390641
It puts water weight on so it will make it seem like you gian weight. If might mess you up into think you have gained.
>>
>>38375362
Ah, I should probably wait for a new thread, but fuck it.

1) My family are all obese as fuck, so I don't know much about what fish are healthy. Any tips? The sticky recommends fish, but doesn't say what.
2) Carb blockers - I assume they're bullshit?
>>
>>38390722
Salmon is gurd
>>
is muscle memory real?

i haven't lifted in 5 months and wanna get my muscles back fast
>>
>>38390913
You wont get all your stength back but most of it.
>>
>>38390049
bump
>>
Do strongmen go through phases of bulking and cutting or do they just keep bulking? I want the strongman aesthetic more than the bodybuilder, I'm in the midst of a cut right now but I'm wondering if that's what I should be doing
Thread posts: 338
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.