[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 36

File: qddt.jpg (20KB, 444x447px) Image search: [Google]
qddt.jpg
20KB, 444x447px
So, here's mine:
The moment I train legs I go full trex but I want 140kg 1rm back squat
>>
>>38302566
wtf im similar to pic related
>>
Do anyone of you have experience with this phenenom?

After I drink too much, I get this pain in my legs that lasts way longer than my regular hangover. It feels like it's in my very bones, it stretches from mid thigh and down throughout my legs.

It's really painful, please halp /fit/
>>
>>38302566
Does anyone have the /fit/ GSLP image?
>>
Will bench pressing 3x5 twice a week help me break my BP plateau?
>>
File: fitgslp.png (37KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
fitgslp.png
37KB, 700x600px
>>38305093
>>
the other thread isn't dead yet you fuck

>>38295929

search the catalogue for 5 seconds before you make your post.
>>
is this good for a grill?

Monday
Press 2 x 5, 1 x 5+
Squat 2 x 5, 1 x 5+
Barbell Good Mornings 3x6-8
Barbell Hip Thrusts 3x6-8
Glute Kickback/Cable Kickback 3x8-12

Wednesday
Squats 2 x 5, 1 x 5+
Sumo Deadlift 5+

Friday
Press 2 x 5, 1 x 5+
Squat 2 x 5, 1 x 5+
>>
>>38305634
LONDON
O
N
D
O
N
>>
Is it normal to gain too much water weight (4kg) after a head injury? i was like 72 kgs before i hit my head and now i'm 76, I'm still eating the same amount of food though....
>>
What is the actual difference between incline bench press and flat bench? Also benching with a barbell vs. dumbbell?
>>
>>38304157
Dehydrated muscle you fucking imbecile
>>
>>38305691
Maybe you forgot how to count?
>>
I'm starting an 8 week andarine (s4) cycle Monday. Would it make sense to increase my caloric deficit in order to increase weight loss while under the effects of s4? Would the s4 decrease the likelihood of burning muscle with a larger deficit?
>>
Is 8x8 good for GAINING SIZE? If not, what should I choose?
>>
>>38306197
10x10 aka GVT
>>
If you stop taking protein, will your gains get reposessed, or will you just not gain any more?

t. skelleton
>>
Has anyone done Wendler's 5/3/1 modified for frequency and/or high volume? I'm planning to switch to the 4-day after stalling on a 2x PPL
>>
Posting this here in response to >>38302571
I have no coaches nor gyms for oly lifts and powerlifting so I'm fucked
I want to at least learn the power clean by myself

also I do heavy OHP and pull ups instead of chins, how do they strengthen the rotator?
I've started to stretch my rotator cuff b4 lifting(put back of the hands on the hips like i'm pretending to be a chicken, squat and put my elbows inside my knees while using the knees to push my shoulders more forward for sick stretch), and shoulder dislocations

then when I finish the work out I use dumbbells, lay down on the ground with a 5/6kg dumbbell, have my arm to the side and straight doing a paralel line with my forearm and then let it rotate to the front and back(no idea how its called)

is it enough?

also are hyperextensions good for lower back health and strengthning?
right now I want to keep my joints all healthy so I can still lift heavy shit when im older
>>
Are protein cookies and bars a meme? Or should I get some to treat myself and to resist buying cakes and the like when I'm in shops?
>>
>>38307436
they're junk food except with protein

if you want to resist eating/buying crap then you have to have discipline my friend
>>
>>38307436
They're candy bars dude.

Will i get the benefits of testosterone if i inject like 300mgs, as needed? Like if i want to feel nice for a particular week but not want to worry about effects of long term use

Or is it a thing i have to be one
for like 3+ weeks to reap the rewards?
>>
Couple weeks ago I had to go to the hospital because over the course of a couple of days I was super lightheaded and confusion and eventually passed out. I was told that my liver enzymes from my blood test were too high and that I was at risk for liver disease/failure if it continue to stay bad or got worse.

I'm not going to change my lifting routine just yet but I am going to be doing a lot more cardio. My doctor said that I should be eating a "low sugar" diet, which to me just meant not be a fat fuck and eat junk food, which I don't really eat much of already.

Any of you bros got some good "low sugar" recipes or tips for lower the amount of fat in the liver? It's been two weeks and I'm getting tired of feeling lightheaded and fatigued.
>>
>>38307068
Not a full answer, just a side note: The Arnold press is nice for this.

Does anyone do accessory abductor/adductor work (machines or rubber band)? Is it a waste of time or could it help my squat?
>>
File: image.jpg (59KB, 721x455px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59KB, 721x455px
I'm working for 12 hours a night wearing a harness on top of a big metal tower doing pretty much nothing.
I lift and run in my off time, but any inconspicuous bodyweight exercises/stretches that i can do to kill time?
Also, general tips about staying /fit/ while noctournal.
>>
{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252
{\fonttbl\f0\fnil\fcharset0 ArialMT;}
{\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red0\green0\blue0;\red255\green255\blue255;}
\deftab720
\pard\pardeftab720\partightenfactor0

\f0\fs32 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0
\outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 >>38308058\
Or, good routines for hotel rooms. I have a barbell to do squats and rows, but can't think of a good way to do pullups or bench in my room.\
Fitness room is cheap and gay. Only a treadmill which i use and elliptical, and some machine\
(I heard machines r bad)}
>>
File: 1362642207741.jpg (18KB, 164x175px) Image search: [Google]
1362642207741.jpg
18KB, 164x175px
>>38308127
what the fuck
>>
im too fuckin wide what core exercises to do to go fridgemode
>>
Is one or two days with 4-6 hours sleep ok if I'm trying to readjust my body clock? Will my lifts be affected by this?
>>
1. What is the best and cheapest calorie counting app for android?
2. What is the difference between dirty bulking and clean bulking?
>>
>>38308606
>best
>cheapest
pick one nigger
>>
outside lifting weights and boxing what should I be doing to become a better athlete?

also anyone has a good routine for mobility and stretching?
>>
I'm doing an upper/lower split, after an exhausting bench session should I do ohp for shoulders at lighter weight than usual (because my delts and tris are tired) or should I instead do lateral raises?
>>
>>38308606
i use myfitness pal its free and it had the nutrition info of everything i ate including obscure brands from my country
>>
>>38308933
Alright I'll check it out. Last time I checked it had in-app payment. Any idea on what that is about?
>>
>>38308488
It's fine. You might feel a little sluggish, but no biggie.

>>38308776
Being a good athlete is meaningless outside the context of a particular sport. If you want to be a good boxer, box (and maybe lift a bit). If you want to be a good lifter, lift.
>>
>>38309332
"premium" which is more or less completely useless. Everything you need for calorie counting is completely free.
>>
>>38309414
Ahh ok thanks.
>>
>>38305115
Maybe
What helped for me was doing dumbbell flies and skullcrushers as accessories
Having more developed pecs/triceps really helped with moving more weight it turns out
>>
I have clinical depression and ADHD, want to start 30 minute jogs. Easy task, just pick up some shoes, stay hydrated, go outside.

Been two weeks of not doing it though. How do I just....go?
>>
>>38309566
Remind yourself on why you want to go for a jog.
>>
File: WP_20160815_007.jpg (1MB, 1456x2592px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160815_007.jpg
1MB, 1456x2592px
>>38302566
are my pecs starting to develop, or is just fat?
>>
>>38309566
the road is a good friend. doesn't judge, doesn't fuck you over, shows you cool stuff, and is always, always there for you
>>
>>38309852
pecs

>>38308058
why don't you just google bodyweight exercises?

>>38306353
I think you would slowly lose muscle

>>38305634
looks good to me

>>38302566
I don't understand this? If I could have huge legs 'the moment' after training them, I would. Its not like it makes your upper body smaller. Just do i.

>>38305115
compared to once per week? yeah. Even can try 3 times if its a sticking point. do this too >>38309557

>>38308889
as in ULxULxx? OHP is better if you are only going to do 1 shoulder exercise. Consider dumbbell press after you bench. Also maybe throwing in lat raises at the end as part of a super set?

>>38308346
Fridgemode definitely requires compounds. Make sure you are doing heavy OHP Squats and DLs

>>38307436
Its a meme if you can reach your protein and calorie goals without them. It is an expensive but convenient way to do so. Weight it up.

>>38306197
not for a natty person. Do a proper routine and eat/sleep enough

>>38305695
probably not that much. People say that incline works your upper chest more and dumbbells work your stabalizing muscles more. I personally find that using dumbbells helps me to feel the contraction. At the end of the day it shouldn't matter too much though.
>>
File: SuperficialBackMuscles.jpg (219KB, 864x1023px) Image search: [Google]
SuperficialBackMuscles.jpg
219KB, 864x1023px
So I fell pretty hard the other day, since I've had some pretty bad pain in the shown area (chest and back) when raising my arm over 90 degrees to my side. Pain gets a lot worse when I put my hand behind my back and raise as if to scratch my back. Also when getting up off my chair.
While jogging I tripped and started by landing on my hands, then on my left side with my arm in beside me.
Sounds like just some muscle damage, but I thought I'd ask /fit/ if I should just let it heal or whatever
>>
>>38310265
yes, let it heal.
>>
I have minor scoliosis (genetic)
should i avoid any particular exercises or do i not need to worry about it?
>>
How the fuck do I stop being so shit at swimming? I'm trying to increase the number of lengths I can do in a set amount of time, but I'm extremely lucky if I can get even one length increase every session
>>
File: Skelly skell.jpg (143KB, 1203x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Skelly skell.jpg
143KB, 1203x1280px
Skelly skell reporting in, been working out since January, started at 55kg am 61kg now. I am 173cm short and pic related is me. My question is:
I have an event to attend to on September the 22th and I've benn thinking about taking creatine. Will it make me more aesthetic by then or will I just look like a fucking retard?
>>
>>38310908
You've been working out for 7 months...and only gained 6kg?

What have you been doing?
>>
>>38302566
Rabbitmode
>>
>>38310908
>173cm short
kekd
>>
>>38310952
Clean bulking. I think I'm doing good so far, the sticky says one can only gain 1kg of muscle per month, and since I'm not getting any fatter, it's probably muscle that I'm building up.
>>
>>38310908
>>38311011
You don't clean bulk as a skeleton, you retard
>>
>>38311033
Why not? I don't want to gain any disgusting flobby fat, fampai. I'm not in a hurry to be A E S T H E T I C either, I just wanna know if creatine will be a good help or not, don't care if by september I'm not joosy enough.
>>
>>38311096
Fuck off with your b8, faggot
>>
I had to take 2 months off from the gym due to work and after 2x10 one arm overhead tricep extensions my triceps are utterly blasted to the point where I can barely pick my nose. I lifted on Thursday and it's still that bad today.

My questions:

Do I need to be worried about this, and can I safely do snatches tomorrow? What about bench?
>>
>>38311157
It's DOMS. Nothing huge. Do some warm up sets before your snatches and bench, and judge your working weight based on how those went. If you still feel too tight after the warm up sets, then don't do the full working weight for that lift
>>
How much imbalance between your left and right arm is normal? I seem to have developed a bit stronger in my right arm than my left. It's visually noticeable (to me) and noticeable by feel but I don't know how much stronger one is that the other. My arm lifts are all like barbells and shit so I don't how how this happened but it did. Lousy form I guess.
>>
>>38311184
It's just alarming how much worse my tris are than my traps. Trap DOMS are already gone.
>>
>>38311197
Imbalance is common and expected. It doesn't matter much if you never do one-arm lifts but it can be important to keep in mind which is stronger so you know which direction certain barbell lifts will tend to sway near failure. Like if you know your right is stronger expect to fail OHP to the left.
>>
>>38311125
Not baiting you dipshit, I'm asking a serious question here. Why don't you answer like a normal human being and contribute to this thread?
>>
>>38311197
Imbalance can happen pretty often for the beginner lifter. As long as your form is still good for the big lifts (i.e. you don't dip the bar to one side during the bench) you'll be fine by doing some accessory work to help balance things out. Focus on the weaker arm first, then match the weight and reps with the other arm.

>>38311200
Depending on the volume and types of lifts done, that can happen. The pain should subside at least some during the warm up sets, but if it doesn't at all or it persists into next week, then you might want to consider getting it looked at.
>>
>>38311229
Creatine won't do shit for you if you're not going to bother eating like you should to support your own muscle growth. Especially in only a month's time. Now kill yourself for being a moron.
>>
File: Gina Carano.jpg (28KB, 420x505px) Image search: [Google]
Gina Carano.jpg
28KB, 420x505px
I want to start counting calories and get a good idea of macros for my height and bodyweight, and track them. Last time I did it i used myfitnesspal, but I'm wondering if that is still a good choice, or has another site replaced it. Any suggestions?
>>
>>38311229
You're the one being baited, buddy. I advise you shut your fucking mouth before you really make a fool of yourself.
>>
>>38311257
>Creatine won't do shit for you
It will make him look slightly more defined. Worth it since it's so cheap that it's practically free.
>>
>>38311226
>>38311246
Thanks brehs
>>
>>38311257
I'm eating like I'm supposed to m80, 250kcal surplust mostly and reaching my macros.
>>38311284
Thank you anon, been thinking about taking it for a while, guess I'll do it then
>>
Am I neglecting any body part in my routine?

AxBxCx

Day A
Bench 5 x 5
Chest Press 3 x 10
Fly machine 3 x 10
Arnold Dumbbell Press 3 x 10
Cable Machine Pulls 3 x 12
Swim 10 laps

Day B
Deadlift 5 x 5
Barbell Rows 5 x 5
Shrugs 3 x 12
Skullcrushers 3 x 10
Lat Pulldown machine(too weak to do pullups) 3 x 8
Swim 10 laps

Day C
Squats 5 x 5
Leg Press 3 x 10
Leg extensions 3 x 10
Calf Raises 3 x 10
Run a mile
Swim 10 laps

Day x
Bodyweight Squats 3 x 12
Plank 3 x f
Hanging leg raises 3 x 12
V Hold 3 x 30 secs
Hypertension Back Machine 3 x 10
Sit ups 3 x f
Curls 3 x 10
Swim a mile
>>
>>38311319
>I'm eating like I'm supposed to m80
No you're not, or you would have more weight to show for it. As a skelly, you can gain more than 1kg of muscle per month because you have so little musculature to begin with. However, you need to eat enough to recover from the lifting and repair the muscle which is how they grow. You've fucked around for 8 months, gained much less than you could have because of your dumbass vanity telling you to avoid gaining some fat, and are hoping creatine will pick up the slack for a time that you could've used the gainz you would've been making had you not been a dumbass.

Creatine won't make you more defined. It will make your muscles look a little fuller due to the retained water. But, you're still obviously a skinny fucker, so that fullness won't be significant, thus won't matter for much of anything.
>>
>>38311333
Why aren't you doing OHP?

>deadlift 5x5
Don't do this.

>day x
Why do all that shit?
>>
>>38311333
Hamstrings
>>
I'm in need of a new diet as my current one consists of eating junk food and getting McDonald's, and I've barely made any sizable physique gains after about a year of lifting.

Should I see a dietitian for this or will I be able to fix up my shit without any professional advice? I want to bulk from being a spooky skelly.
>>
Is it normal for your lower back to have pain after doing Romanian Deadlifts?
>>
>>38305728
Mean but Lold
>>
>>38311525
You have an Internet connection which allows you access to fuck tons of information including shit about nutrition, and you want to pay somebody to tell you what to eat?

>>38311530
Depends on the kind of pain and whether or not you regularly do Romanian deadlifts
>>
>>38309852
need more incline
>>
Are front squats on the smith machine alright?
>>
>>38311552
I've just started doing Rome Deads this week for the first time. Tuesday was fine but when I did them again on Friday I think I pulled my lower back and it had sharp pains whenever I bent down or tried picking something up. The pain's been starting to numbify though.
>>
File: 71R6vx+OVSL._SL1500_.jpg (169KB, 1500x1200px) Image search: [Google]
71R6vx+OVSL._SL1500_.jpg
169KB, 1500x1200px
looking to get some adjustable dumbells for casual lifting at home.
what do you recommend?
craigslist?
>>
Is this a decent routine?
AxBxAxx - BxAxBxx
A -
Overhead Press - 3x5
Front Squats - 3x5
Heavy Deadlift - 1x5
Barbell Curl - 3x8-12

B -
Bench Press - 3x5
Pendlay Row - 3x5
Straight leg deadlift - 3x5
Chin-ups - 3xF
Close grip bench 3x5-10
>>
File: image.jpg (55KB, 1052x654px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55KB, 1052x654px
When I used to run in high school we would change our workouts we'd do weekly. (I.e. Some days we'd do hill sprints, 400m repeats, fartleks, etc) Can you do something similar in weightlifting? Like have an upper body focused day but do like rope climbs and bench then next time do like overhead press and cleans? I feel like it'd be much more interesting than AxBxAxx which is boring as hell
>>
>>38311671
Why front squat?
>>
>>38311701
You can do whatever you want, but AxBxAxx is used for a reason-- that reason being that it works well for getting your numbers up on those lifts. If you want to have fun and fuck around with ropes and shit go for it, but don't expect to increase your press as fast as you could have with a traditional routine. It's just a question of goals.
>>
>>38311703
Because they're a bit easier on my back
>>
i dont have any exercises in my routine that involve direct trap work
is it okay to do barbell row instead of pendlay row so that i can more indirect work for my traps, since im already doing other back exercises as well such as cable row, lat pulldown, etc
>>
Do all protein powders contain milk? I have major issues with the stuff
>>
>>38311259
MFP is still great and free.
>>
>>38312152
Whey is a by-product of cheese, so yes, all whey contains some form of dairy.

there are some dairy-free varieties, but they are far more expensive and not as packed with protein.
>>
>>38312222
So is there any way to get decent protein? I typically drink the stuff after my morning run on my way to work. Sort of a meal replacement.
Also nice quads
>>
>>38312238
>So is there any way to get decent protein?
Of course, protein is a naturally-occurring macro after all. It's in almost everything.

That said, whey is probably the cheapest and easiest option to get protein in large doses. Otherwise you'll probably be looking at large quantities of meat.
>>
>>38305691
yeah you just knocked yourself into permabulk mode
>>
Is this PPL good or nah?
Also, what's the difference between barbell bp and dumbell bp which one is better?

Push (Chest/Triceps/Shoulders):

Flat Barbell Bench Press: 3x5
Seated (or Standing) Barbell Shoulder/Overhead Press: 3x5
Incline Barbell Bench Press: 3x5
Dumbbell Side Lateral Raise: 3x10-12
Rope Pushdowns (circuit machine): 3x10-12
Overhead Dumbbell Extension or similar triceps exercise: 3x10-12
Shrugs(circuit machine or dumbbells): 3x10-12

Pull (Back/Biceps):

Barbell Rows: 3x5
Lat Pulldowns with (Long Bar or V-bar) (circuit machine): 3x8-10
Seated Rows (circuit machine) - optional if already doing barbell rows: 3x8-10
Face-pulls: 3x-10-12
Barbell Bicep Curls (Alternate between close and normal grip): 4x-10-12
Choice of one other bicep exercise (typically Hammer Curls): 3x10-12

Legs (Quad/Ham/Calves):

Barbell Squats: 4x5-6
Leg Press (optional if already doing above squats): 3x8-10
Leg Extensions (circuit machine): 3x10-12
Hamstring Curls (circuit machine): 3x10-12
Standing Calf Raises (circuit machine): 5x10-12
>>
>>38310908
Nice work bulking slowly man. In a years time you will look awesome, will staying lean all the time. You look decent now honestly. Creatine won't change how you look in a month
>>
File: Whatthehelliswrongwithu.jpg (18KB, 395x412px) Image search: [Google]
Whatthehelliswrongwithu.jpg
18KB, 395x412px
If I'm doing 135 lb 5x5 Pendlay rows, but have one warmup set of 5 @ 95 lb (25 lb plates) do I really need to stack the smaller plate on another to get the bar to the proper height at this point? Aren't I stronk enough to do one measly set of 5 from a couple inches lower? I just don't want to have to hunt around for two more plates at my gym.
>>
File: Rep-Ranges.png (42KB, 1008x1008px) Image search: [Google]
Rep-Ranges.png
42KB, 1008x1008px
>>38306197
>>
Do I need rest days? I usually just alternate muscle groups each day. If so, is one day ok?
>>
What does 4/3/2/1 mean?

>>38312544
Just feel your way through it man, if you feel you don't need a restday and your strength is going up, just keep going.

If you start to feel burned out and lose strength, incorporate restdays.
>>
Yo /fit/

What are the benefits of alternate deadlifts (SLDL, sumo, romanian etc)

AND

can you do high bar ATG sumo squats or will you snap your shit up
>>
>>38312577
>What does 4/3/2/1 mean?
1/2/3/4 means to have atleast the following one rep maxes:

1 plate press
2 plate bench
3 plate squat
4 plate deadlift
>>
>>38312592
SLDL is for people with knee problems, or people who wants to train engaging their hips more in the lift.

Sumo removes hips from the lift and puts more strain on the knee joint, making the lift more of a squat like lift. There's no reason to do this if you're doing squats. Some people do this because they find it to be stronger than conventional.

Romanian is a hip extension support exercise for the deadlift.
>>
>>38302566
Try the Bulgarian method or similar.

Don't do any volume (i.e. high reps) to elicit a hypertrophic effect.

Squat 4-5 times a week 3x1-3 @ 85-95%1RM

Whenever you do a workout, arms, back, shoulders, chest, whatever go in and work up to a heavy single around 90-95% 1RM and then go do the workout of that day.

You'll get a neurological response to become more efficient at the movement but not much of a response to grow the muscle.
>>
Are refeeds a meme?
>>
Why do people put one hand in and one hand out when doing deadlifts?

What are some god tier forearm lifts?

What's a good trapezius workout? I'm really having trouble isolating that muscle
>>
Will I make it if I train 5 days a week and take the weekends as rest days
>>
>>38312794
Deadlift is fucking amazing for forearms and traps

Deadlift has been my main lift for developing my back.

My lats are meh, could be better, but my traps are fucking swole.

If you want more trap action, do snatch grip deadlift.
>>
>>38312836
snatch is just having your hands set out wider on the bar right?
>>
>>38312850
MODS

Just wait 'till you grow fully. Squats and deadlifts stunt growth.
>>
File: klokov.jpg (94KB, 738x415px) Image search: [Google]
klokov.jpg
94KB, 738x415px
>>38312851
yes. Much wider
>>
>>38312886
thanks man I'll try that out
>>
>>38312862
>squats and deadlifts stunts growth
Y-You're not serious, r-right? I started deadlifts and squats at15
>>
>>38312850
Fuck off underaged b&
>>
>>38312850
Yeah someone's gonna get you B&
Anyways
Just do cardio and don't eat a lot, lay down fattening food and make sure your calories burned exceed calories taken in by food
>>
So, I ready the sticky, but there's something I can't really seem to find. I might just be blind and overlooking it, but yeah.

If you have no access to weights, at all, what is the best body weight routine to use? Imagine a prison like scenario. Not even a pullup bar. I know there has to be something more than simply a pushups/pullups/situps/run routine for a better body workout.

I have my reasons. I'd get into it, but it's irrelevant.

Thanks in advance.
>>
>>38312941
Thanks, riding a bike should do the trick right?
>>
>>38312953
You actually can do pull-ups, if you just grab onto the top of a doorway. I do 8 quick pull-ups every morning in my doorway to get me awake.
>>
>>38312963
Riding a bike would be cardio yeah, but keep track of calories burnt and taken in. You can't lose weight if you're not actively burning the fat off of you.

If you need to download an app or something to calculate/keep track of shit
>>
>>38312963
>>38312966
Also, if you have access to weights, after you get to a nice body fat %, you should start lifting if you want to build a decent frame. Not required to lose weight, but it'd be worth your time.

You can look up how to lose weight on your own time, it's not easy but there's plenty of advice on it all over the Internet.
>>
>>38313000
Yeah, I was thinking about lifting a bit too. My friends started lifting, and it's pretty bad to be the one who has bad body shape.
>>
>>38311671
Why would you put front squat and deadlift in the same day
>>
>>38302566
how do I add power cleans into 5/3/1 without them effecting my main lifts?
>>
how many hours a day should i chew hard mastic gum for jaw aesthetics?
>>
File: 1469978284093.jpg (32KB, 615x456px) Image search: [Google]
1469978284093.jpg
32KB, 615x456px
Is 1/2/3/4 one rep maxes or for 1x5?
>>
>>38302566
use more glutes, less quads
>>
File: 1471062140662.png (120KB, 1129x421px) Image search: [Google]
1471062140662.png
120KB, 1129x421px
>>38302566
Anybody got Caladan's original starting ass routine image saved? I've got V2, but I wanna see the first one and see what changes were made.

>pic related
>>
>>38305124
>Visit fitsticky.com
Is that Trappy's site? If so, goddammit, I usually don't mind Trappy, but she needs to fuck off with that horrible site. It was literally a shitty version of the sticky that only looks good if you've read the actual sticky; pretty much defeating the purpose of reading Trappy's.
>>
File: 1391280734671.jpg (40KB, 477x358px) Image search: [Google]
1391280734671.jpg
40KB, 477x358px
I have reoccurring shoulder pain. It's mostly between the medial side of the scapula and shoots down my back and arm sometimes. I feel it underneath my scapula too. Once I got a Thai massage and she beat the shit out of it and it felt better for three weeks and then came back full force. What the fuck can I do? Why is this happening?
>>
So I'm reading Greyskull now and a little confused
Is "Press" supposed to be Standing Militarry press?
>>
6 weeks into the fitness
I'm not feel my glutes during high bar squats (72 kg with bar) is it about baby weights or some sort of form issue.
Anyway i added glute bridges to my workout (doing only once per week) because i have flat ass and need to work those bitches hard.
is squat (twice per week)/dl(once)/bridges(once) enough for glutes?
>>
>>38313000

The reason I was asking is because lifting weights isn't particularly an option. I live in a rural area, and the only gym we have is not compatible with my work hours at all. ( I work 5 double shifts/week. I have time to work out, just always at 11+pm ). The nearest gym with hours flexible enough for me is over an hour drive. I simply don't have the time to get there and back.

It's not a matter of whether or not I want to lift, so much as finding a body routine that works. I've tried google, but I can't tell what is or isn't clickbait or bullshit vs a real plan.
>>
So, as someone who has herniated discs in my back and neck, do I have to do some special workout or are the ones in the sticky enough?
Should I talk with the buff trainer there?

I did calisthenics a lot, but my current roommate is so filthy and slow and can't really do his appointed duties and I am willing paying the 20€ for a gym so that I can at least feel a bit cleaner.

Of course, I am gonna think a bit about what you suggest and he suggests, but I will not consider his suggestion as more worthy because he is buff, so please try to appeal to my common sense.
>>
File: 20160815_125151.jpg (557KB, 910x1081px) Image search: [Google]
20160815_125151.jpg
557KB, 910x1081px
>>38302566
How can I lose weight from my upper arms? I'm losing weight everywhere but here, can I fix it by just lifting weights?
>in b4 shit genetics
>>
>>38313779
Fork putdowns 1xF
>>
>>38313779
Mostly genetics determine fat distribution so just losing more fat. Doing tricep exercises will help shape the area so push ups, dips, close grip bench press, tricep extensions/push downs, etc

M E L B O U R N E
>>
>>38305634
Retarded. No balance between upper and lower body lifts. Female equivalent of a curl bro.
Just fucking do SS
>>
How to progress on a PPLxULx type of routine?
Weekly weight increase on all exercises? How much?
>>
>>38313950
>No balance between upper and lower body lifts.
I should have mentioned that she's trying to lose her traps/back gains from swimming for over a decade...
>>
>>38310908
>that trap to arm ratio
>those shoulders
178cm manlet reporting in. dont do fucking creatine you retard, youve been lifting for 7 months. btw do some shoulder raises and some upper body widening things. be pateint, it took me until about 73kgs to start looking joocy.
fullfull the manlet destiny and become as wide as you are tall 10/10 recommend
>>
File: 1471157873929.gif (3MB, 456x288px) Image search: [Google]
1471157873929.gif
3MB, 456x288px
>>38311333
>bodyweight squats
>3 x 12
>read it as 3 reps, 12 sets.
you sound like you've just started out, what are you trying to accomplish bodywise?
>>
>>38310747
If it hurts or causes discomfort, see with a doctor if there is. You really have to be careful before you strengthen your back because it can get worse.
>>
>>38313299
most people say x5 but no real consensus
>>
I'm 22 and 180cm tall. What exercises can I do to max out on my last years of possible height gains?
>>
>>38305701
And yet when I massage the muscles, it doesn't feel any different. Also, I stay hydrated throughout the day, so dat ain't it.
>>
File: 1470775773517.jpg (103KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1470775773517.jpg
103KB, 960x960px
>>38313879
Thanks for the legit advice :3
Also Britbong sorry
>>
I have really thin wrists (like 6 inches) and curling causes a lot of pain. I used to just brush it off and thought it would go away eventually but now that I've been lifting for like 6 months and the weights are getting heavier it has started to hurt even more each time.

Any alternative ways of training biceps that would cause less strain on my wrists?
Any ways of strengthening my wrists so it wouldn't cause so much strain?
Is my curling form bad? Is that even possible?
>>
>>38302566
Not really a fitness question as it more about a weird twitch I have.

Sometimes when I'm falling asleep I have intense tension in my quads that'll go away for a moment if I stretch them, but stays there for a while. I noticed it when I was falling asleep next to my girlfriend and I had a sudden violent spasm in both legs. It doesn't happen often but it happens more often when I'm sleeping next to my girlfriend.

Wtf is up with my legs?
>>
>>38315365
I also have 6 inch wrists and have been lifting for 6yrs. I remember this pain durin yr 1 2 and 3

Id just let is rest until it stopped hurting and then deload and try curling again

It doesnt hurt anymore. Curls are somea my fave lifts

Push through it smartly
>>
File: 151270C_shot4.jpg (153KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
151270C_shot4.jpg
153KB, 1000x1000px
Are these shoes good for lifting?
>>
>>38312794
>Why do people put one hand in and one hand out when doing deadlifts?
To prevent bar "rotating out" of your grip.
https://breakingmuscle.com/strength-conditioning/get-a-grip-3-ways-to-grip-a-deadlift-and-how-to-get-your-grip-stronger
>>
/fa/ crossposter here

I have some lifting experience, used to have some relatively good lifts when I was a teen, but I'm not really looking to get really big and strong

mainly looking to get a balanced exercise routine that is the most healthy and will yield long term results, as in it will help me age well, keep me in good shape, etc.

also what should i eat for maximum skin gains?
cheers
>>
I'm doing Starting Strength right now, but I don't have access to anything that lets me do the 45 degree decline bench weighted situps. Are there any good alternative exercises to this?
>>
>>38315644
gj m8
i just got fired because of your pic
>>
>>38313779
Read sticky x 3
>>
>>38315419
Might be restless leg syndrome. I get it sometimes, almost always as I'm drifting off to sleep. Cal-Mag helps, also the quinine in tonic water.
>>
>>38315644
Daily calisthenics and keeping active.

There are numerous bodyweight/calisthenics workout plans out there.
I suggest the convict conditioning one.
It will keep you strong and healthy and it's not all about instant results. It's about a slow steady process towards a stronger healthier you.

And it works really well.
>>
>>38315706
well, desu, i already have a gym membership and its really nearby, so if there are any routines for someone who is out of shape but has good experience with the basics (all the SS lifts basically) thatd be great.
>>
>>38315694
I get restless a lot so I think you're right. I thought it might have something to falling asleep because I tend to twitch a lot if I'm not sleeping alone.
>>
>>38304157
Glycogen depletion
try bananas post workout
>>
File: image.jpg (70KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70KB, 500x667px
If I can squat 230lbs for 6x4, around what weight should my max be?
>>
>>38307539
By injecting test you're shutting down your bodys natural production. And depending on the ester, it can take up to 6 weeks to actually notice the effects of injecting test. So no, you shouldnt do that at all
>>
File: 1466283895767.jpg (211KB, 2000x1250px) Image search: [Google]
1466283895767.jpg
211KB, 2000x1250px
>>38302566
Could i get a form check please

>deadlifts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m36W14PZomM

>bench
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncqZ1ML-h7w

>barbell rows
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woYNvA_dGKQ

>squats
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXct39azYvw&feature=youtu.be

thanks in advance
>>
OK so I am just finishing my first cut and just started actually lifting 3 weeks ago

Squat is 90x5
Bench is 100x5
Dead is 100x5
OHP is 70x5

I know these aren't good numbers but I have my own homegym and don't yet have a squat rack so heavy squats are risky af.

anyways I only have a maximum of 110 lbs in weights so I don't see a point in bulking (it would only last 2-3 weeks before I max out most my lifts) so I'm thinking about doing recomp and maxing my 5x5 as much as I can then switch to a 3x12 routine.

currentley doing this
http://oldschooltrainer.com/reg-parks-beginner-routine
Suggested in the sticky

is this a good idea, and if it is can I get some 3x12 routines that would do it?

thanks brehs
>>
>>38315969
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8l_8chR5BE
>>
File: image.png (537KB, 580x394px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
537KB, 580x394px
>>38315969
The bar is sitting wayyyyyyyy too low on your squats. Pic related is low bar position. The bar should be like the this pic says; it's nearly resting on the backs of your arms, which is NOT good.

Touch your chest when you bench

Start with hips higher when you deadlift.
>>
>>38313299
1rm
>>
>>38315969
Your barbell rows are turning into front raises at the end, bend over further and pull to just above your waist.
>>
>>38315894
http://www.strengthstandards.co/#/
>>
>>38316076
I take that back, it's more like a reverse curl.
>>
>>38315600
Pls respond
>>
>>38315600
>>38316244
they're not bad for lifting.
>>
>>38316076
>>38316019
>>38316008
thanks guys
>>
>>38315969
Lmao it just got worse and worse every video.
Your barbell rows and squats need some serious overhauling. Like, start from scratch, forget everything you have learned type of overhauling.
>>
>>38316524
not even that, it's like he has no idea what he's doing. I want to know where he learned the lifts. I would imagine just watching some youtube videos would correct the bad barbell placement on the squats and the shitty vertical lifting of the rows.
>>
>>38316542
>Read a couple posts on 4chan
>Get a general idea of what squats are
>Let's fucking gooooo!
>>
>>38315969
Holy shit this is embarassing. You look like you just quickly looked at a pictuer of how to perform the lifts and put no actual research or thought into it

Your deadlift starts with you sitting in a squat. See that position you are in when you put the bar back down? That should be your starting position
Hip hinge

Bench doesn't even touch your chest. You're going to kill yourself using that 'rack'

Your row looks like you've never seen a row before. Literally a front raise/reverse curl combo
Bend over more and pull your elbows behind you. You are NOT meant to be curling the weight. Move your upper arms and pull your elbows behind you

I have no idea how you can possibly think that is the proper bar position for squats
>>
>>38316542
>I want to know where he learned the lifts.

4chan!
>>
Alright famalam

what do I need to do for Power Cleans, mobility/flexibility speaking?
What worries me is the shoulder position once you catch the bar with your fingers and your elbow is like really high
>>
Will eating ground beef 5 day a week ruin my health? It's hard to eat enough calories if I eat chicken or fish
>>
File: cyclist_legs.png (1MB, 1000x878px) Image search: [Google]
cyclist_legs.png
1MB, 1000x878px
How do I achieve massive legs like pic related?
I know they are cyclists but what routine etc would I need on a stationary bike to achieve this ?
>>
>>38316948
No, but ground turkey is probably an easier choice due to the lower fat content.

What's your diet look like? Do you not eat anything besides meat?
>>
>>38316985
I'm a skelly bulking so I eat as much oat, pasta, whole bread, rice and potato as possible. Eggs, ground beef, greek yogurt, cheese, milk and whey for protein. Then random veggies and fruits for nutriments like spinachs, carrots, tomatoes, mushrooms and bananas
>>
>>38317088
What's your intake? Cal/day and macros? also height/weight.

Whenever I see a post like yours it usually means you're overeating.
>>
Does someone have the no humanity Rich Piana picture where he's looking directly into the camera?
>>
>>38316981
they roid

but I got pretty huge legs and had to change my program for them to not turn way too big

squat 3x week, 3x5 of heavy squats atg while bulking and I promise you will explode in strength and size
>>
>>38313318
The site is down but desu I found the programming sections to be way more comprehensive than the original sticky
>>
>>38317193
Do you bounce at the bottom or hold there for ever so slightly
>>
How do I incorporate Front Squats and Power Cleans on my training?

My training atm is

A
Bench
Deadlift
Pull-Ups
DBB Bench Press
preacher curls or straight barbell curl
standing dbb curls with that arnold press movement of twisting

B
Squat
OHP
Weighted Dips
Yate Rows(not sure if I should be doing before dips)
Tricep Pulldown
Seated dbb tricep (where with both hands I hold the dbb behind my head)
Lateral Raises

should I get rid of any acessories in there?

was thinking of adding power cleans to A after bench and deadlift
and front squats to B after OHP but I got no fucking clue
>>
>>38317265
I just go deep and then up, I don't bounce nor hold

I only hold when doing warm ups for the sake of warming up or bounce when I feel like doin "explosive" squats
>>
>>38310952
>>38311011
>>38311033
>>38311096

He's right. Clean bulking is the way to go, especially since it's summer. Why not profit from noob gains by gaining muscle AND losing fat? also, /fit/ has way too unrealistic standards in terms of muscle gain.

To answer your question: yes, creating will help you look fuller, as long as you drink loads of water. But only while you're taking it. Just keep going hard and upping your protein intake while you gain
>>
File: 1471114650494.jpg (58KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1471114650494.jpg
58KB, 960x960px
So faggots, can I do lateral raises every workout to fix my lack of shoulders, did 5x5 without adding anything additional for shoulders so while my arms aren't doing too bad I've got this odd transition from traps to arms.
>>
Got braces a few days ago and I can't chew because the composites on my molars. Should I drink protein shakes?
>>
>>38317367
not him but

when cutting should I take creatine to help on retaining strength?

also is HMB or whatever its called a meme or god tier for cutting
I'm extremely ceptic in supplements since its basically all unecessary and BS
>>
>>38316688
You barely need any mobility for a power clean except for enabling the front rack position
Lats, triceps, forarms, wrists
Just google front rack flexibility tips

Cleans are highly technical lifts in general though

>>38316981
There is no way you will achieve this on a stationary bike
Roids and leg work
Squats and deads, any good routine will hit these hard enough to yield good leg gains
>>38317265
Pause squats are typically used as accessory lifts, but are a good exercise
But there is nothign wrong with utilizing teh stretch reflex in a squat

>>38317273
You can just throw front squats on A and power cleans on B if you limit volume and take rest days (see SS)

You should stick to 1 type of curl on A and take away both tricep isolations on B, you don't need that much tricep work if you're already pressing both days AND also doing dips already

>got no fucking clue
Then you ahve no business makign your own routine
You've taken valid templates and started your own butchering process
>>
>>38317367
you do realize no matter how lean you bulk you aren't gaining pure muscle, right? It's always going to contain a portion of fat. It's probably faster and more beneficial to just bulk regularly and cut in shorter intervals.
>>
>>38317556
How much weight are you at for OHP? Deadlift?

>>38317600
IIFYM
You can blend solid foods too
>>
>>38317600
eat what you can, braces pains are the fucking worst. Until you can eat solid food easily again just worry about eating what's comfortable.
>>
Is Jason Blaha 5x5 a good starting program?
>>
>>38317632
I'm doing 3x5 on the compounds and I'm having rest days, it's basically SS except I don't squat on A and I do acessories

on A where would front squats go, after bench and deadlift?
and on power cleans should I go Squat -> OHP -> PC's -> Rows ?

I didn't butcher, I just did SS then I added acessories to it like the book says(along dips and pulls) and stopped squatting three times a week since my legs were getting too big and was just too much for me since I fight too
>>
I want to escape skelly-mode but my schedule and budget arent fit for a gym membership, specially if I'm "wasting" days by not going every single one.

I've seen and tried some very affordable adjustable weights in Walmart and the likes, cheap enough to "make the money back" with the saved cost of 4 months of gym.

Would you advise against just getting two adjustable dumbbells and a barbell + the weights as i get stronger? I have tried the gym plenty of times and I always quit at the second month because of schedule and money problems.
>>
>>38317289
>>38317632
t-thanks brehs
>>
>>38317820
>I want to escape skelly-mode but my schedule and budget arent fit for a gym membership, specially if I'm "wasting" days by not going every single one.

It really is becoming too easy to tell when someone hasn't read the sticky.
>>
>>38315969
>2016
>not squatting with the bar resting on top of your glutes
>>
>>38317841
What? I know Im supposed to have rest days inbetween workouts, but the gym doesnt charge for workout day, does it?
>>
File: estimate.jpg (519KB, 873x1373px) Image search: [Google]
estimate.jpg
519KB, 873x1373px
Hey /fit/!

Could I get a BF estimate please? I'm 1.75m (5.7~8 feet) and 60.4Kg (132.88 pounds).

PS : sorry for the mirror, it got cleaned right after...
>>
>>38317656
As a max, 57.5 kg OHP, looking to get that lmao1plaet over the next few weeks, deadlifts at 130 for 1x5.
>>
>>38317928
14%? Maybe a little lower. What are your lifts?
>>
File: 1468422254770.gif (193KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1468422254770.gif
193KB, 500x281px
okay /fit/, this is kind of a weird question. Stats for reference: 5'11" currently my lowest weight at 176 lbs.

I've been in the process of losing weight forever. I've always had difficulty with it and grew up fat.

During last year (193 lbs) I couldn't manage to lose any weight despite eating at a 900 cal deficit. I was probably eating something like 1200-ish calories at a day. Scale wouldn't budge. Felt sluggish all the time, despite working out 3x a week. I posted to these threads about my issue and mostly got called a liar by everyone. Finally someone suggested to eat at maintenance for two weeks and try a more reasonable 500 cal deficit. I tried it, and sure enough I started losing weight.

Fast-forward to this year: I had ballooned back up to 205 lbs thanks to my own laziness, serious lack of funds due to my job situation, and some personal issues. Started dieting after I moved again because why the fuck not? Weight loss progressed fantastically until the 10th week when everything started to plateau. I was stuck like this for about a month and a half. Once again, I took a break and ate at maintenance for a week. Lo and behold, this week when I started dieting again the numbers started going down again.

Are there any professional studies about this? I can't seem to find any.
>>
>>38311661
amazon has a 200 pound adjustable set for $190 with free shipping.
>>
How important is eating post-workout? I fucking hate it doing it and im never hungry for like the next 2 hours.
>>
>>38318187
The "anabolic window" is a myth, it doesn't matter when you eat.
>>
>>38318064
Pretty shitty for now. I use only dumbbell at home, don't have time to go to the gym 3 times a week (not the actual 3h, but the travel time and all).
So like 40 lbs for DB bench press (each arm), 75lbs for DB squats/deadlifts (I know it sucks, working on my form right now 'cuz my hamstring are tight as fuck and it messes up my lower back), 31lbs for BD OHP (each shoulder), and 33lbs for triceps press (two handed here). I've only started lifting a few month back, so I know it's pretty lame...
Asking for the BF because using calipers and tape measurement it gives me something around 8~10%, which seems way of to me.
>>
Is doing SS while cutting stupid?
>>
>>38318079
eat less that's all there is too it

If you eat at 1500 calories for 1 month and don't see any improvements, just off yourself because you're never going to make it.

Don't be a beta faggot
>>
>>38318254
thanks for not reading the post.
>>
>>38318248
People will say yes, people will say no.

Don't expect gains, but lifting 3x a week is better than lifting no times a week.
>>
how well does honey do as a substitute of sugar for sweet meals? I'm not sure about the nutritional vales of honey.
>>
>>38318453
>can I replace this sugar with a different flavor of sugar?
>>
>>38318079
Look at research on set points and non-exercise activity thermogenesis (NEAT)

Also look at research on metabolism done by Mike Israetel. I don't have the source to give you, but I read something by him based on some peer-reviewed studies that said every 30lbs or so you lose should have a break where you eat at maintenance. This is supposed to help keep from driving down your BMR/TDEE which happens to a lot of people who lose a lot of weight. That "metabolic damage" (I won't pretend to know all the driving factors) means that someone who is 5'10 150lbs 15% bodyfat who was never fat will likely have a higher BMR/TDEE than someone 5'10 150lbs 15% bodyfat who used to be 300lbs
>>
can back mobility affect your squat? i can get into a highbar atg position with my hands by my side but when i try it with my hands up as if i'm holding a bar i collapse forward. any good stretches for this?
>>
Is this WO okay for a first timer skellington?

Day 1
Deadlifts
Bent over rows
Incline dumbell bench press
Lateral raises
Dumbell tricep extensions
Hammer curls

Day 2
Squats
Pullups
Military press
Barbell curls
Weighted situps

Day 3
Benchpress
Dips
Chin-ups
Shrugs
Seated/standing calf raises
Plate twist
>>
>>38318187
protein synthesis is raised for 24-48 hrs after working out. Meal timing isn't a huge deal

BUT. Your insulin sensitivity is higher post workout. Insulin being the primary anabolic hormone in the human body. So it is possible that you may be able to milk slightly higher gains by taking advantage of it
>>
>>38318473
well. can I? People around kept telling me how honey is more healthy than sugar. was it just a meme?
>>
>>38317733
Keep the SS template
A
FS
Bench
Dead
Pullups
Curls

B
Squat
OHP
Rows
Dips
Lateral raises

You could do the deadlifts first and just swap them with the front squats, but when I did similar to this I preferred doing the squats first so I wasn't totally wiped

>>38317721
It's good template with too much bullshit thrown in
Stick to SS/SL/GS/Reg park templates that keep it simple without adding too much shit

>>38317820
Missing a day here and there isn't the end of the world. You should still reap the benefits of a fully equipped gym rather htna half assing workouts at home and making little to no progress

If you're having money problems (i.e. can't even afford a gym), getting fit should be the least of your concerns and buying shitty equipment for a shitty home gym is a full on waste of money

>>38317928
Any bf% will look shitty on you because you have no muscle mass
Probably ~15%

>dirty mirror
>taking a picture with a tablet
>no gains
>'cutting' and worrying about bf% in skeletonmode while being the weight of athletic girls
This some pleb shit right here

>>38318079
You want ot hear some shit about metabolic damage
But it's probably more likely that you were miscounting your original deficit, starting counting properly once you were eating at maintenance and then continued to eat and count properly at the moderate deficit (500)

>are there any professional studies that fit muh metabolism?
l o l

>>38318187
Just get some good protein and carbs down within 4 hours after. Eating in general is obviously important
I always try to choke down a banana post workout when I feel like this
>insert banana choke joke

>>38318248
Lifting is better than not lifting

>>38318473
10/10 response, would chuckle again

>>38318501
Work on balance in general
Doing a bodyweight squat with your hands forwards a la Frankenstein better mimics holding a bar (that will push you forwards)

Get comfortable sitting down in the hole. Sumo stretch, google it and do it. HEELS DOWN
>>
>>38318510
Don't make your own routine
Stick to proven templates
>>
>>38318697
Such as? SS?
>>
>>38318737
I highly recommend reading SS, even if not doing the program.
It's a great template that can be easily accessorized
>>
>>38318683

>'cutting' and worrying about bf% in skeletonmode while being the weight of athletic girls
No worrying, just curious. I just like to know, in order to have a reference, in order to monitor future weight gain, and to know based on my daily intake and my weight if it's muscle of fat. Full autism here.
For the tablet... This is the only camera I have, I don't need some fancy high end phone that will cost me bazillion euros per month for just doing far worst what my computer can do perfectly...

Tanks for the estimate though!
>>
>>38318776
Okay anon, thanks a lot.
>>
File: image.jpg (356KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
356KB, 1200x1600px
>>38308606
Dirty bulking is eating more in calories than what your body can put on as muscle. It adds some fat, but combined with lifting you see maximal gains in lift strength and muscle mass.
Clean bulking is eating just barely enough calories to add muscle but without gaining fat weight. It's really difficult as it requires discipline and progress is usually painfully slow, but obviates the need for a subsequent cut
>>
My biggest insecurity about my body is that I carry a decent amount of my body fat in my chest (i.e. moobs).
Between the three main varitions of bench (flat, incline, decline), is there any one of those that I should either do more often or less often to lessen the prominence of my floppy he-titties?

Or should I just keep them all balanced and hope my boobs shrink as my body fat percentage goes down?
>>
>>38319099
For aesthetics, prioritize the development of the clavicular head of the pecs over the sternal head. (Read: incline is bae)

Keep cutting hard and fat will reduce, this will be the biggest factor.
>>
>>38319141

Thanks man.
Been getting back into lifting slowly after not doing it at all for the 2 years after high school.
Finally got some real discipline and a journal and shit, so I'm a lot more dedicated than I ever was.
Hopefully I can make some gains and drop the titties.

Obviously, I shouldn't completely forgo flat and decline though, right?
Gotta keep shit balanced to some extent.
>>
how much could a gorilla deadlift
>>
File: asdasdasdasdasdasdasd.png (12KB, 390x548px) Image search: [Google]
asdasdasdasdasdasdasd.png
12KB, 390x548px
pic related
My pecs are uneven.
My right pec is bigger and comes closer to my sternum while the left one goes "up" sooner.
I thought it was just the fapping but after some investigating it seems my beginning of my right ribcage is more protruding than its left counterpart.
Can I have something go RIGHT FOR ONCE
>>
>>38318683
>But it's probably more likely that you were miscounting your original deficit
I wasn't aware my food scale was lying to me and then telling the truth after two weeks.

I'm not dumb anon, I was counting correctly. Food doesn't magically change nutrition value per oz every meal.
>>
I've got doms like 24 hours after working out, is this normal? I usually get feel them after a night of sleep (12 hrs after working out) but I could sleep and go to work afterwards and I only felt something when I came back
>>
>>38319628
yeah I had them for 3-4 days when I first started squatting

nothing anymore. kinda miss em
>>
>>38318534
honey has more things in it that are considered healthy. Sugar is pretty much just sugar. Ideally, you shouldn't consume either, but if you have to, honey isn't that bad. Wikipedia could have answered that for you.
>>
>>38318248
>Is doing SS while cutting stupid?
it depends on your intentions. Someone doing SS while cutting hoping to come out looking like zyzz is stupid. Someone doing SS while cutting and expecting to get stronger is stupid. Someone doing SS while on cutting and expecting to maintain as much of their strength and muscle is on the right track.
>>
>>38308606
>1. What is the best and cheapest calorie counting app for android?
MFP or loseit!
>2. What is the difference between dirty bulking and clean bulking?
this guy >>38318967 is surprisingly right. Most retards on /fit/ would have said dirty bulking is eating junk and clean bulking is eating clean.
>>
>>38319464
>having things go right
hahahahaha
>>
>>38319887
>Clean bulking is eating just barely enough calories to add muscle but without gaining fat weight. It's really difficult as it requires discipline and progress is usually painfully slow

this sounds alot like recomp (eating at maintenance)
>>
Are low carbs just a meme
>>
>>38319960
it's not. You're still eating at a surplus but it's not a lot. Like 500 calories is pushing it. Eating at maintenance, you're not putting on any significant muscle and takes like a decade to see results. At a clean bulk, you're still gaining weight.
>>
>>38319992
yes and no. Only reason low carbs works is because people are stupid and don't understand how many carbs they were actually eating so when they cut that out of their diet, they're actually hugely decreasing their calorie intake. Carbs aren't evil though
>>
/r/ing gif or webm of wheelchairbound gril doing pullups
>>
>>38320002
oh so a 100 calorie surplus, that makes sense
>>
>>38318683
thanks my man

dips I should be doing tricep dips right? I've tried two ways and one hits the chest better while the other tris

also you didnt mention PC's so they should be on B right? after rows i guess?
>>
>>38319628
when you get doms, you don't really feel them until the day after you exercise. Work out on monday, feel great on tuesday, walking around like a stiff zombie on wednesday.
>>
>>38320021
So hypothetically if my goal is 144g of carbs to build lean muscle, should i just eat that much wen bulking
>>
>>38320086
you can eat whatever the fuck you want.
>>
>>38320097
Time to eat all the pizza pockets
>>
File: 1461290324092.jpg (200KB, 364x652px) Image search: [Google]
1461290324092.jpg
200KB, 364x652px
New lifter here

I lifted 30 mins this morning and I want to lift again tonight. Will I fuck myself up lifting again?
>>
>>38320129
that's not what I meant. Without posting too much IIFYM works.
>>
>>38315304
B I R M I N G H A M
>>
>>38320136
can you? sure. Should you? probably not.
>>
is the whole "if you lose weight quickly you put it back on quickly" thing a meme? or is it more down to not controlling the new eating habits?
>>
>>38320168
Basically it means if you cut too hard you're more likely to binge later and just get all those calories back
>>
Are peanut butter sandwiches/fit/ approved?
>>
>>38320192
more likely to - but not some bullshit starvation mode broscience?
>>
>>38317903
You can't make gains straight from skelly mode lad. You need to eat more calories than you need whilst also working out.
>>
What's your routine?

Me

Monday:back/chest

Wednesday:legs

Friday:arms
>>
>>38320168
>>38320192
>>38320215
it had nothing really to do with your body reacting to it, it has more to do with you didn't establish healthy habits and resorted back to your old fatass eating ways. 99.99999999% of the time, people aren't fat because of their bodies, they're fat because they eat like a fatass.

>>38320196
depends.
>>
I fall backwards when I squat. Are stiff legged deadlifts a suitable replacement?
>>
>>38320168
certain hormone levels will drop if you go on a very low calorie diet. combine that with the joy of being done with a hard diet and it's easy to see why people put the weight back on again.

in my experience it's inevitable unless you keep counting calories after you're done with your weight loss. if you eat like your body tells you to you'll put pounds on quickly.
>>
>>38313353
Any specific exercise causing you this pain?
>>
>>38320136
if you eat enough, sleep enough, and youre not doing 10x10 deads or squats, sure.

what did you do this morning, and what do you want to do?
>>
>>38320285
what about a keto / atkins diet - but then watching carbs / cals as a maintenance?
>>
My squat is plateauing at 245lb, what should I do?
Deload, add front squats? Change my DL to Sumo? Pause squats?

I train 3x a week.
>>
>>38319899
shut up
>>
File: 1470930730020.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1470930730020.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
someone suggest a good intermediate mass building routine for me thats 4-5 days a week
>>
you know when you do pull ups with those two short bars that stick out of the rack (where your palms are facing each other during the exercise), are they closer to chin ups or pull ups? Do they isolate anything that the other two don't? Is there a name for them?
>>
>>38320372
look, if you want to lose weight and never gain it back, you have to stop thinking about diets as methods of losing weight. Diets are stupid to begin with. What you want to do is learn to fix your diet and start building healthy diet habits. That's it. There's nothing special about atkins or keto, or any other meme diet.

>>38320392
eat more
>>
>>38320674
no idea but they seem more like chin ups since the grip would be fairly close and focus more on the biceps than the back.
>>
>>38320693
I'm eating 400-500 calories above my maint. I'm not gaining relative strength by becoming a fat fuck.

Dirty bulking is retarded.
>>
>>38320392

Increase volume at the same weight, eg 5x8 instead of 5x5 at 240lbs or 245 lbs.

Then try for 250 next time.

Adding more volume at the weight you are plateuing is helpful. Make sure to eat enough. If you try 250 for whatever your working sets are 3 times and can't get it, deload. Chances are you won't have to do that for a while.
>>
How much IGF-1 is there in milk? I know for certain that it's in pretty much 95% of all milk that is available in stores but what's the concentration. Is it even worth being worried about? Is it enough to give you gains?
>>
>>38320729

Ok, this sounds good. Thanks anon.
>>
>>38320734
I don't think oral IGF-1 even does anything, but dairy proteins are good for gains
>>
File: 1427361191452.png (102KB, 746x717px) Image search: [Google]
1427361191452.png
102KB, 746x717px
Because of vacation and laziness I haven't worked out in 2 weeks. How fucking much is it gonna suck when I get back into things? Are badly should I expect my strength to have diminished? How long to recover my gains? Did I even lose any gains?

I feel like dog shit, like I'm completely weak and flabby right when I was getting firm. But it might be placebo, I hope.
>>
Does masturbation raise test levels?

If so, should I masturbate each time before going to the gym [maybe not necessary reaching orgasm right as I go through the doors, I was thinking at home before heading out]?
>>
>>38312436
It's rather shite.
You're doing three strenght exercises right after another without having a bridge between them. Do your Bench with strenght focus, dumbell incline at higher reps, some FUCKING dumbell Flys, dips, some tricep Isolation, THEN your OHP and Lateral Raises.

And cba to be more precise but Do Pullups, rows, Chin ups and some bicep work
>>
>>38320720
>Dirty bulking is retarded.
Gotta disagree there. Started out with cutting and basically got myself into skelly mode so I could finally see my abs 145@5'9. Started dirty bulking a week ago and already was able to progress on all my lifts and finally not having to count my calories and eating whatever the fuck I want is a great fucking feeling. Plan on doing this for 6 months and cutting afterwards again. Already got my EC stack ready for then.
>>
File: 1466276332479.jpg (583KB, 788x697px) Image search: [Google]
1466276332479.jpg
583KB, 788x697px
Do you think he roids?
>>
>>38320885
yes
>>
Are there any advantages to ab/core exercises if I'm already doing a beginner's 5x5 (Reg Park)?
>>
>>38320268
no

you should fix your squat
>>
>>38320674
They are called neutral grip pullups
>>
What are the pros and cons to squatting with your thumbs over the top of the bar?
>>
>>38321260
Pros: less internal rotation of the shoulder, which can be bad especially if you low bar a lot

Cons: less irradiation from squeezing the bar hard and pulling it down into your back
>>
What do in this scenario:

>seems like you are stuck at a certain weight for an exercise
>you decide to add an accessory exercise to break through that plateau
>it appears to work and you manage to break you pr

Do you:

>A
>Success i can finally drop the accessory exercise until i get stuck again

>B
>I have found my weakness in that exercise and should keep working on it(this eventually leads to longer, cluttered workouts)
>>
>>38321509
B

Also curious what accessory you added for which lift
>>
>>38321554
Dumbell ohp to help with regular ohp.
>>
Can someone explain what fridge mode means

t. newfag
>>
>>38321185
If I squat with plates under my heels will I be able to squat normally after a while?
>>
>t-rex mode
>doesnt have 140kg back squat

holy shit lmfao

sure you are buddy
>>
>>38321674
google doorbrah

>>38321727
bad idea. learn how to squat by doing box squats
>>
>>38320810
>2 weeks

I was out 7-8 weeks due to motorcycle accident and couldnt do shit because lol knee couldn't walk without pain

I didn't lose much muscle mass bu what I lostt I got it back fairly quickly, not all of it but most
strength wise I was squatting 130kg and when I came back I could barely do 3x5 100kg but then I managed to get it back to 120kg

I was cutting, then ate maintenance when I was out and came back to cutting so there's that, oh and I was also boxing putting even more stress on the body

so you probably didn't lose shit, you'll get doms though that's almost sure but nothing special

tl;dr you're fine senpai, I heard some people even take 1 week off gym at sometimes, is it good? no idea but it certainly sounds like, it'll allow your body to repair itself better and you'll come up fresh, hyped and ready to beat those plateus
>>
File: 1455737458638.gif (24KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1455737458638.gif
24KB, 200x200px
>>38321782
>no idea but it certainly sounds like, it'll allow your body to repair itself better and you'll come up fresh, hyped and ready to beat those plateus
I guess tomorrow's going to be a lot better than I thought, thanks man
>>
do power cleans give you sick traps?
I just remember I dont direct attack the traps, I guess outside deadlifts I dont touch them or ohp to some extent
>>
The weather's finally good enough to head out spearfishing but the only day I'll be able to do it is a gym day. If I do my lifts in the morning will diving in 9c water in the afternoon fuck me up? I want those scallops but don't wanna get cramp not be able to swim back and drown/die of exposure
>>
>>38315969
>deadlifts

You're coming down way too low to start off with and I believe this may be because you're making a point of keeping your shoulders back and down, hence shortening your reach. This "thoracic extension" is applicable in nearly every other lift *except* the deadlift.

Looks like you're lining up the bar with the mid-length of your foot, which is good. Also I think you're getting down that low so that your shins touch the bar, which in itself is good. Get down to that start position as you did in the video, except allow your arms and shoulders to "take up the slack" - letting your shoulders come forward and down a little until you feel the tension with your arms straight.

>bench
Nice job keeping the forearms upright, make sure you're bringing it down to your chest.

>barbell rows
Judging from the format of this, I'm guessing you're doing SL or something similar. Look up pendlay rows, you're currently doing very flakey upright rows. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8l_8chR5BE

>squats
I appreciate you're trying to do lowbar squats but you are going to fuck your shit all ways up once you get up to bigger weights. Keep the bar on top of your traps. Also try and check your extending your knees and opening your hips at the same time. At the moment you're basically bump-and-grinding as you extend your knees slightly before opening up your hips. Your ass should be moving up and down in a straight line, not shooting backwards.
>>
Should I bulk I'm 156lbs right now dropped from 180lbs and about 18% BF
>>
File: Deadlift-phase_1[1].jpg (859KB, 2328x1746px) Image search: [Google]
Deadlift-phase_1[1].jpg
859KB, 2328x1746px
>>38322939
pic related. Notice how the guy's shoulders and arms are doing no active pulling themselves, they're just taking up the tension of the weight as he starts off. This stays the same all the way up to the top - do NOT bring your shoulders back at the top of the lift.

The only other thing to mention as well is pacing. It helps breathing and gets your technique together. Try and aim for a slow 3 second count during the eccentric movement, pausing for a second, then *exploding* the concentric movement as fast and hard as you can.
>>
File: image.jpg (93KB, 1178x679px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93KB, 1178x679px
Is pic related a good routine for a beginner to bulk with? Should I do accessories on off days?
>>
What do front squats train
are they good for core work?they seem fun but I already squat and dont want even bigger legs than already have
>>
Where can I find some olympic streams?
>>
Please recommend me a good one off book on nutrition. I have a hard time doing any of this shit without having a good knowledge base to explain why I'm doing it and what I'm doing. Thank you mr muscle wizard!
>>
Anyone have a favorite full body dumbbell only routine?
>>
>>38323583
the sticky
>>
gym i go to doesn't have a deadlift platform or a place to do power cleans what do?
>>
>>38325418
Anywhere you can. Personally I do mine right in the middle of the walkway because it's the only place. usually there will be room in front of the power rack. Use bumper plates if you can, and hopefully they have rubberized floors. If not, do your thing anyway and if they bitch at you tell them it's their fault their gym is utter shit.
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.