[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw too fit to wear a suit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 8

File: 2HofkLA.jpg (50KB, 564x564px) Image search: [Google]
2HofkLA.jpg
50KB, 564x564px
>tfw too fit to wear a suit
>>
File: Daniel-Craig-Workout-Routine.jpg (34KB, 600x556px) Image search: [Google]
Daniel-Craig-Workout-Routine.jpg
34KB, 600x556px
this is actually among the most major concerns of mine. that suit looks like shit. I guess Daniel Craig is my new goal body.
>>
>>38300302
What bf% is that? Now that I'm on /fit/ it doesn't really seem that low, barely visible abs. Thought he was jacked for a long time.
>>
>>38300302
did you think you'll get as big as calum von moger
>>
>>38300240
If you don't have a roid belly you should look good in a suit. Just don't pick a vintage one like the autists you are.
>>
>>38300326
probably like 10%

>>38300331
no but I had unrealistic goal bodies just for shits and giggles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCzaauJv8eE
>>
File: mro1999.jpg (215KB, 689x799px) Image search: [Google]
mro1999.jpg
215KB, 689x799px
git gud fgt
>>
>>38300240
>tailors don't exist
>>
>>38300362
dayumm /fa/ goals
>>
>>
>tried to find pictures of powerlifters in tuxedo
>get this

you win this time, google...
>>
>>38300240
He takes a shit load of roids. Unless you are doing the same you have nothing to worry about because you will never even get close to looking like him.
>>
>>38300651
still looks like shit honestly
>>
>>38300779
Say that to his face not online see what happens
>>
>>38300240
Bullshit. If that guy would:
>make the jacket shorter
>make the hip area of the jacket narrower
>choose a shirt with a less huge collar
>maybe have the top button of the jacket a bit higher
That suit would look fine.
>>
>>38300362
I dont get it. that suit it obviously custom made. But if it is custom made.., why the fuck isnt the pants more tapered? His thighs might be big, but there is a ridiculous amount of extra fabric around the calves.
>>
If you're too big to wear a suit you're simply too big in general imo.
Being jacked is nice but it's actually extremely counter productive when you can only wear track pants and wife beaters.
If you have an aesthetic goal in mind you should always prioritize being able to wear nice clothes over the size of your muscles.
>>
>>38300868
>you can only wear track pants and wife beaters
but that's the goal
C'mon
>>
File: tmac.jpg (226KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
tmac.jpg
226KB, 600x600px
>>38300814
that's an old picture and suits were baggier back then but even so black people in America often like their suits to fit like that anyway
>>
>>38300911
Oh cmon you cant seriously tell me that is a case of preference. Please tell me that is just someone who has absolutely no clue what hes doing..
>>
>>38300918
well he's a millionaire and I don't think wardrobe would have dared to send him out like that

baggy suits are still common today among black people who wear them to church in the American deep south
>>
My parents used to sell suits and they would always joke about the ripped manlets who would show up asking for a suit and how literally impossible to dress they were.
They had to get them a jacket two sizes larger than the pants and then do some hardcore tailoring so it didn't look too much like a grocery bag. Protip it still did.
Fucking manlets, I swear.
>>
>>38300994
>parents come back from work, visibly annoyed and tired
>mom dad what's wrong?
>nothing, just those ripped manlets again
>ah yeah, they never learn do they
>>
>>38300918
basketball players dressing like shit was common until the NBA implemented their dress code
>>
>>38300240
Alterations are a thing. As are split sizes.
>>
>>38301052
>uneducated niggers don't know how to dress appropriately
What a shock.
>>
File: wwguP.jpg (117KB, 493x671px) Image search: [Google]
wwguP.jpg
117KB, 493x671px
>>38301052
just mad you can't match my swag
>>
>>38300994

>used to sell

I can tell, they were clearly shit at selling suits if they couldn't adequately size one to someone's body shape.
>>
>>38301107
Splitting suits is a quick way to end up with a fuck load of unsellable stock.
>>
>>38301107
They retired, why are you so mad tiny man?
There's only so much you can to accommodate freaks of nature.
>>
>>38301120

Anyone with a physique that is even slight out of the norm needs to have a suit tailored. Generally if shoulders and quads are bigger in some form a bigger suit can just have the pant legs/jacket sleeves taken up and the waist of the jacket brought in. That's the cheapest method, there's plenty of other ways to get one looking far more fitted and uniformed if your proportions don't allow it.

>forgot to remove trip before
>>
>>38301135
That's not viable in some cases. I had a guy who rowed and played water polo. He was a 56(46) jacket and 32 waist. A 56 jacket suit comes with 40 inch waist trousers. It's not physically possible to take in the waist 8 inches. I need to have my trousers taken in 3 inches and our tailor always complained because it altered the line of the trousers and any more would fuck with the back pocket placement.
>>
>>38301157
>>38301135
Is it possible to expand the legs of a pair of suit trousers? I bought the suit about 12 months ago and the legs were already quite slim-fitting, but since taking up lifting, the legs have become a bit too tight.
>>
>>38301157

In that case getting something made would be just as costly. At least you know that would fit perfectly.

For reference I compete in classic physique and due to my taper I've had to get most of my jackets completely taken in rather than made from scratch. They all look fine, there's no issue in that regard as long as everything is fitted to your body.
>>
>>38301181

Not really. That's going to require extra fabric as opposed to taking it out. Get a larger pair and see if the waist fits you, otherwise you'll need some made for you. It's not as expensive as one would imagine.
>>
>>38301186
Unless you're on olympia level gear your proportions are probably still human so that's fine. Saying
>hurr tailoring
as if it's a magic wand is retarded. There are both physical and financial limitations on what can be achieved off the rack.

If you have to get involved with the shoulder of a jacket it's going to cost you significant cash and I wouldn't even consider it unless I was 100% in the tailor's ability.
>>
>>38301133
Im not albfag but i kinda agree with him. I know a thing or 2 about tailoring and a short muscular person shouldnt be that much of a challenge. Take a wide shoulder jacket, shorten the sleeves, taper the waist and hips, shorten the pants, and youve pretty much got a suit that looks twice as good on them as a regular of the rack suit on a regular person.
>>
>>38300918
That's tracy mcgrady. The studio fucked up his suit and couldn't get him a new one in time. He had to borrow shaqs suit.

https://twitter.com/real_t_mac/status/402859680155697152
>>
>>38301208

First rule of getting a suit tailored is: You don't ever touch the shoulders of a jacket. If you must get a jacket tailored, you find something that the shoulders fit and the sleeves are either adequate or too long. That's basic stuff.

And getting a suit made or tailored to your body IS a magic wand. You're buying a suit, if you can't blow $100 on it then you're buying whatever is on sale on the discount rack anyway.
>>
>>38300240
>What is custom made
Visit Saville row you pleb
>>
>>38301286
100$? Where do you live ethiopia?
>>
>>38301325

Exactly my point.
>>
>>38301157
You just buy separates in that case. You can buy a jacket and pants separately.
>>
>>38301257
What's your point exactly?
If you know a thing or two about tailoring, why do you claim you can take a suit that's oversized everywhere except the shoulders and "simply" take everything in and it's supposed to look as good if not better than a stock suit?
Also if you think suits automatically look better on muscular gymrats you probably don't know much about them in the first place.
That's true for tshirts and polos but there's a bit more thought regarding cuts and proportions going into suits than H&M tshirts.
>>
>>38301556
>why do you claim you can take a suit that's oversized everywhere except the shoulders and "simply" take everything in and it's supposed to look as good if not better than a stock suit?
Yes i am claiming that. Unless the person is ridiculously muscular that can easily be done. And i dont believe your parents happen to live next to a pro bodybuilding gym where only super huge manlets come.

If you arent too weirdly proportioned, it can definitly be done as i described.
>>
>>38300926
>>38300362
It's called a zoot suit, it's been nigga fashion since the 20's of the last century
>>
>>38301556

Suits should still be flattering to the body without looking ridiculous. Something that fits a taper well but still flows nicely from the body looks fantastic.

I work in an office where someone called me out for wearing the same tie as I did one day the week before, with a comment of "you wore that tie 2 weeks ago, do you only own 13 different ties or something?". So yes, even if my only experience in dressing myself came from that office, I do think I know a thing or two about tailoring. And yes, it is a magic wand that makes clothes look much better. Or you get one made for your exact proportions. It's not as big of a deal as you're making it out to be.
>>
>>38301626
>"you wore that tie 2 weeks ago, do you only own 13 different ties or something?"
That sounds so stupid. I'd wanted to respond with
>What the fuck am I, your personal runway model? If you want me to wear more ties why don't you buy me another fistful?
And then I'd have come to work wearing the same tie for the next week at least and asked the guy daily what he thinks about it, pretending like I was wearing a new one every day.
>>
>>38300673
>custom text

Kek, just leave it as "custom text"
>>
>>38301655
No, change it to Sample Text
>>
>>38300355
>>38300326

I'd say more like 16%.
>>
>>38301026
Kek
>>
>>38300240
You should always get your suits tailored in the first place.
>>
File: swag2.jpg (102KB, 431x594px) Image search: [Google]
swag2.jpg
102KB, 431x594px
> you'll never look big in a suit

why even lift?
>>
>>38300302
Daniel Craig is tiny compared to Calum

>>38302060
Kai has padded shoulders to add a few inches to his width, wouldn't be surprised if everything else is passed too
>>
>>38300355
Definitely not 10%. Probably from 13-17%
>>
>>38300302
Nigga had pec implants bruh.
>>
>>38300240
Are you fit, or do you not fit? Choose one
>>
same but instead of fit im too fat
>>
>>38302983
fuck off caleb
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.