[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 338
Thread images: 43

File: image.jpg (67KB, 500x680px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67KB, 500x680px
Questions that don't deserve their own thread: Last one about to hit bump limit

What are the best exercises to achieve fridge mode?
>>
how much volume should I have for maximum hyper trophy?
>>
Is overtraining a meme?

Whenever I see something in the media about someone getting ripped, or in shape, or training, for a movie or the olympics they always talk about the person doing hours of exercise every single day. Can you work out for hours everyday for faster results? Or is an hour or two the most you should do?
>>
When do love handles and flabby tiddies go away for a 5'9 manlet? already at 187
>>
>>38295969
you're only going to encounter overtraining if you're an olympian or if your sport is your career and you need to be at the top of your game for as long as possible. most people who workout recreationally, as in, have a job, or go to school and workout for one or two hours after aren't going to overtrain. if you can afford to workout for hours every day and you aren't an olympic athlete or a full time career athlete you best look for a hobby because otherwise you're just a NEET that works out.
>>
>>38295946
40-70reps per body part per workout.
80-210reps per body part per week.
Hit each body part 2-3 times a week.

example workouts
Hitting ea body parts 2 times week:
PPLPPLx
FxULxxx
ULxULxx

Hitting ea body parts 3 times a week
ULULULx
FxFxFxx
FULULxx
>>
>decide to finally workout after weeks of doing nothing
>planned a schedule for myself and everything
>barely started, did a baby-tier workout
>already completely wiped
>no way I'm going to be able to follow my plans like this

How can I increase my energy for a workout? I don't think I'm going to make any progress at all like this. Genuinely pathetic.

Also, how long of a break can you take between sets?
>>
If you have excess body fat will you still lose muscle while losing weight, if you're lifting? At what bf% should I start worrying about muscle loss? If I'm still around 18%bf how many pounds should I lose a week?
>>
New to lifting and got a little bit of lower back pain while squatting.

Is it just poor form or an underdeveloped back?
>>
>>38296125
Eat, get enough sleep, get some pre workout if you need to. Stick to your program, have it written down and record your results and build on from there.

Most typical rest times are anywhere from 1-2 minutes, but I'd recommend 1min to 1.5min
>>
>>38296125
Your endurance will build up overtime. Proper diet, creatine, and preworkouts could help though.

Max 5 minute breaks if you failed your last rep, normally 1-3 minutes
>>
>>38296143
Perhaps a bit of both, watch videos of squats, get someone at the gym to critique your form and learn the form. Stick light and move up the weight only when you've nailed the form.

Work in some accessories to help get the strength for your lower back and the supporting muscles; abs, lower and upper back - with exercises such as hyperextensions and leg raises, planks etc
>>
is it ok to deadlift 2-3 times a week MWF?
New gym only has incline bench and machines and my new routine will be incline bench followed by deads MWF

Incline bench 3x5
Deadlifts 2x5
Pullups 3xFailure
Triceps 3x15

Can't i just do BW squats at home?
>>
How many days away from the gym do I start losing my gains? I've been eating a lot of protein still, but yesterday i was sick as a dog from a hangover, today I went to go to the gym and i didn't know they closed at 5 on Saturday's on summer. Should I expect to lift less when I go tomorrow?
>>
should i be taking creatine?
>>
>>38295929
Where can I get DNP and how long does it take to work
>>
Does anyone know where that statue is located?
>>
>>38295929
> bump limit
It's called auto Sage you fucking newb
>>
25 years old, 149lbs 5'10, I want to get into powerlifting. 135x5 Beach, 315x1 DL and 250x1 squat.

Where should I start?
>>
What kind of BCAA should i get? one with 12:1:1 or 2:1:1.
>>
Is keto a Meme? Or should I just count my calories and meet my macros
>>
Could anyone recommend a cheap and reliable blender? Would mainly be used for smoothies
>>
I might not be able to go to the gym on monday

If I restart my routine on tue/thu/sat, can I reboot it next weekend on monday or i'm fucked?
>>
File: 1453934298175.jpg (60KB, 648x580px) Image search: [Google]
1453934298175.jpg
60KB, 648x580px
>>38295929
seems like every face pull video on youtube advocates for different form. What form do you guys do and why?

I set the pulley at chest level, hold the rope overhand, take a step back, and pull it, elbows above my hands. The issue I see here is that to compensate for heavy weight, I need to lean back quite a ways. It's not that my back can't handle it, it's just I can't achieve a stable position if I don't.

any advice?
>>
I'm currently 5'10 at 170lb. Is this a good weight for my height?
>>
>>38296848
impossible to answer unless you post a pic. You can be 170 and skinny fat or 170 and fit
>>
>>38296848
Gender?
>>
How much size can you actually put on doing bodyweight exercises with proper progression?
Been lifting for a while and am thinking about making the transition to bodyweight exercises. They seem more fun.
Or I might combine the two.
>>
If I'm on a serious cut, is it alright to still drink unsweetened tea (like from Gold Peak because I can't brew my own shit atm) and that 5cal Cranberry juice from Ocean Spray, or should I JUST stick to water, black coffee and homebrew tea?
>>
>>38296931
you can probably make alright upper body gains, but you're going to have chicken legs.
>>
where to get good swiming routines?
>>
How many days away from the gym do I start losing my gains? I've been eating a lot of protein still, but yesterday i was sick as a dog from a hangover, today I went to go to the gym and i didn't know they closed at 5 on Saturday's on summer. Should I expect to lift less when I go tomorrow?

And

Is keto a Meme?
>>
>>38297022
I'm working on a routine right now, probably doing a PHUL hybrid with bodyweight exercises. I'd be replacing leg progressions with deadlifts and squats.
I have a second question: if I stop doing barbell bench press, what do I miss out on by using dumbbells instead? I'm at 2pl8 for 5x5.
I fucking hate bench pressing.
>>
In order of importance:

1. Are four eggs a day, everyday, fine? Is it still fine if I'm 110 lbs. and getting smaller?

2. Is 45/30/25 a good macro ratio for weight loss, particularly for a female?

3. I like eggs + spinach salad (no dressing), but it's getting a little boring. What else can I put in there to liven things up, without resorting to dressings?

Thanks.
>>
Is it better to cut until lean and then bulk, or bulk and then focus on cutting to get lean?
>>
Should one avoid messing with Niacine if one is prone to eczema? I saw it causes itching.
>>
>Beer
>Liquor
>Weed
>Etc

Are any of these ok (in moderation) for someone trying to make gains? Or are they actively harmful to gains even in small amounts and should be totally cut out?
>>
>>38297344
Alcohol is awful for gains because it's empty calories and a waste of time. And weed is degenerate and illegal and will make you eat junk food or eat too much.
>>
>>38297344
If you're gonna drink, I say drink red wine.

Cannabis in general is a bad lifestyle indicator so I would avoid it (it's also loaded with phytoestrogens).

Though all in all, I think what is actually most conducive to making gains is to not stress out so much about these things, same with diet.
>>
>>38296051
When you have a considerable amount of muscle mass. Do a slow cut then voilà.
>>
Just anecdotally speaking, how long did it take you guys to get to 1/2/3/4, and starting from what (preferably from skele status, but all is welcome)? Obviously it varies and whatever but I kind of just want an idea of what's possible/what can happen.
>>
Why are multivitamins considered a meme but certain dietary supplements like Vitamin D or Zinc aren't when taken in isolation?
>>
File: 1447276535645.png (32KB, 572x878px) Image search: [Google]
1447276535645.png
32KB, 572x878px
Should you being going down to your waist or lower chest when doing straight bar dips? I cant do parallel dips in my house so I need an alternative exercise.
>>
Going to gym for first time tomorrow, is there anything I need to know to not come across as a retard?
>>
>>38297344
In moderation, it's okay.
Just keep it to once a month or even longer.
If you drink, go for something like everclear, least amount of calories for the amount of alcohol you get.

>>38297643
Because the total amount at the same time messes things up. Some only really get absorbed with fat, while fat can get in the way of the absorption of others, some can't be properly absorbed with the presence of another, and other issues causing poor bio-availability.

Often times they don't contain enough of X micronute, sometimes they contain too much.

You don't even need that much desu. Just eat a lot of dark green, and colorful veggies and some fruits. Seeds and fish too, if you're a vegetarian, consider using seaweed based omega-3 supps)

(Though there is a concern with the real micro nutrient content of fruits and veggies varying as well, but fuck it)
>>
>>38295929
I broke my forearm 2 months ago and my Dr and PT said I can return to the gym but can only to pull no push. What should I start with to get back on track? I was doing SL before.
>>
Is this a good workout? I plan on doing this every other day w/ a cutting diet
I'm 6'0 and 215 pounds.

Stretch
Intervals
15 tight pushups (chest to ground or to fist sized object)
If burned out on pushups before at 10 sets, begin going on knees.
6 inch leg raise for 45 seconds
Repeat pushups
Flutterkicks for 30 seconds -4 count
Repeat pushups
Forward plank for 60 seconds
Repeat pushups
Regular plank for 60 seconds.
Repeat till burnout on ALL exercizes.
Rest at 10 sets for 1 minute and then continue

Boulder shoulders: 3 sets of 12
Dumbell curls:
3 sets of 12
Sun worshippers: 3 sets of 60 seconds -4 count
Lateral raises: 3 sets of 12
Bat wings: 3 sets of 12, hold for 10 seconds.
Stretch

Stretch
Running
Run 1 mile
Rest 2 minutes
Sprintervals for half mile
First quarter mile:
Walk curves, sprint straights.
Second quarter:
Duck walk curves, sprint straights.
Walk 1 lap for cool down.
>>
>>38298161
No.
What are your goals?
>>
File: Rep-Ranges.png (42KB, 1008x1008px) Image search: [Google]
Rep-Ranges.png
42KB, 1008x1008px
>>38295946
>>38296106
>>
>>38296845
pls respond
>>
>>38296311
Yes
>>
>>38296388
Google reverse image search does.
>>
>>38296675
It provides greater satiety at a deficit.
>>
>>38296311
Sure.
Buy unflavored creatine monohydrate, it's pretty cheap and a tub will last you almost two years.

Or one of the sugary ones, and use it as an intra-workout, if you'd like. I have some that I use on training days because it was dirt cheap.
>>
>>38296761
My fourth blender. Very happy with it so far.
>>
>>38298330

This is exactly the proof I wanted. I have been searching around for this for ages. Thanks mate.
>>
>>38296838
Your body doesn't know what day of the week it is. It just wants a rest day or two between workouts.

I def went on the 17th, but must not have scanned right.
>>
>>38297306
Sure.

Macros don't matter too much. As long as you're getting in a good amount of protein for your weight and deficit, and enough fat for proper hormone production.

Tofu, soy sauce, bean sprouts, a bit of milk in the yolk to make it fluffy, cumin, etc.
Look up recipes online, and see if any pique your interest.

>>38297343
Not sure about your case, but Niacin doesn't cause my eczema to flare up. I haven't noticed getting itchy when using it either.
>>
>>38297306
1. Yes, if they fit your macros. Why would that make a difference?

2. As long as you hit your protein, the rest is personal choice.

3. Hot sauce, mustard, Spike.
>>
>>38298556
>2
>Macros don't matter too much

Meant to say macro ratios.
>>
File: Gym etiquette.png (13KB, 381x195px) Image search: [Google]
Gym etiquette.png
13KB, 381x195px
>>38297755
And don't talk to people in the middle of a set.
>>
>>38298515
No problem. Very good article too.
>>
File: 1467147627208.jpg (44KB, 600x646px) Image search: [Google]
1467147627208.jpg
44KB, 600x646px
>>38296845

Hopefully you're still around to see this

Do the same thing you're doing but set up the rope on the seated cable row machine so you won't be pulled around by the weight like if you were standing up
>>
>>38297594
anyone?
>>
File: FAGs.png (493KB, 1664x3571px) Image search: [Google]
FAGs.png
493KB, 1664x3571px
>>38295929
>>
>>38297062
Anyone?
>>
Im getting a little bit of wirst pain after OHP/Benchpress, i have a decent form, there is something i can do about?
>>
>>38299119

You could happily take an occasional week off with no losses what so ever. No bullshit
>>
>>38298556
Hmm, guess I'll just have to try it out and see.

How do you dose it?
>>38299142
Squeeze the bar harder.

Get wraps if the pain persists in spite of it.
>>
File: bench-bulldog-grip.jpg (104KB, 1024x252px) Image search: [Google]
bench-bulldog-grip.jpg
104KB, 1024x252px
>>38299142
Bulldog grip
>>
>>38299209
>>38299209

Also it's not like I'd recommend missing days but going to the gym 2 days late will do nothing bad. If you get normal sleep and eat normally then don't worry. You're too anxious about something that isn't that complicated. And since you're asking I'm sure you aren't a high-level athlete so you especially aren't susceptible to losing any minute hard fought gains in a couple days. Relax, man
>>
>>38296074
what if your hobby is working out
>>
>>38299223
>Bulldog grip
lol wut, that's just CORRECT grip.
>>
>>38299142

Suicide grip for OHP. Don't know about bench
>>
Best way to lose face fat?
Always had a chubby face and kinda sick of it after all of life
I assume cardio but im just asking to make sure.
>>
>>38299209
>>38299236
I appreciate it. I'm a month into SL so I was just hoping I wouldn't have to lower my weight a shit ton
>>
How do I achieve Rockhold mode?
>>
>>38299238

find a proper hobby. Working out is just something to fit into your weeks. A necessity, like having a job.
>>
>>38297037

just swim for an hour or so. Or do the 0-1 mile.
>>
>>38299592

SS for a while then cut 15-20lbs of weight in a couple days
>>
I finished six months of SL this week and now I want to look nice. what should I do now? strength has gone up a lot, but I still look like ass.
>>
I'm 5'7, (manlet) and 180, somewhere between 25% and 20% body fat. I'm just starting, should I eat above or below matience?

I'm far more concerned with athestics than strength
>>
>>38296234
Your muscle doesn't start to lose strength or size before a full week of negligence
>>
I'm on a linear progression and last week i did ABA. This week I can't go on day 1 and 3, so I would only do another A workout. Would it be better if I did B workout instead? How about next week? And how about weights? Do I progress as normal or do the same weight as before for a workout?
>>
So, I'm going to start lifting tomorrow, and I found this program that seems like it would work for me.

On the program, it says "choose one of the following excersises". But will I only do one excersise the entire session? That seems far stretched, So am I supposed to pick all of the excersises from "A" or just take one from A one from b and etc?

full program here if you dont understand what I mean

https://www.defrancostraining.com/westside-for-skinny-bastards-part1/

Sorry for bad englando and thanks
>>
>>38300423
forgot pic sorry
>>
>>38300423

One from A, one from B and so on.
>>
I'm crap at English.

I don't understand something about Reg Park’s Beginner Routine.

" But unlike the more popular 5×5 “sets across” that we see in Bill Starr’s routine, Park advocated that sets 1 and 2 are to be warmups for sets 3,4 and 5. In other words, once you hit your max weight for five reps after two warmups, then crank out 3 sets of 5.

For example, say your bench press is a max of 225lbs for 5 reps (which is about 90% of 1RM), the first set would be at 60% – 135 lbs, then the next warmup set could be 80% – 185lbs. "

Can you help me complete the example above?
- First set at 60%
- Next set at 80%
- Third set at 100%?
- Fourth set at 120%?
- Fifth set at 140% ?
>>
>>38300443
Thank you
>>
>>38300423
4-6 exercices per day is actually a big volume. If you read the sticky, some beginner programs only have 3 exercices and are very good.
>>
>>38300485

Most of the exercises in WS4SB are fairly low impact compared to the volume in SS. Only one or two balls out hard exercises per session with the rest being lighter assistance work.
>>
>>38295929
Is there any way I can accurately find out what my TDEE is?
Depending on what sites I use the TDEE that's calculated is 3400-3800 which is a big fucking difference.
I'm cutting at 2000 atm and I want to know if that's too little calories to have too.
>>
>>38300470
Who is your dealer?
I want what you are on, if you can progress to 140% of your 5rm on your 5th set.

What it means is.
If your working set is X
You do 2 sets sub X before 3 working sets of X

You typically work at 90% of your 5rm.

So 60%
75%
Then your working sets @90-95% 5rm
>>
How to get to ottermode? Wiki isn't covering desired body mode.
>>
>>38300599
Thank you a lot. It's very clear now.

Should I gradually put more weight for the working sets?
For example.
60%
then 75%
next is 90%
then 92%
finally 95%
>>
>>38300628
Nah.

Or yeah.

Do both. Find which you like best.
>>
do i train arms or are compounds enough for arm mass?
>>
>>38300677
Cheers
>>
Any recommended fitness apps?
>>
What's the general consensus on tribulus?
>>
>>38300785
I second this.
Do you guys know the name of an app that had exercices sorted by muscle but also had a nice feature which was a 3D-rendered video for each exercice?

It was released on IOS but I can't remember the name. I used it in 2010~2011.
>>
>>38300916

Probably doesn't do a damn thing and isn't all that cheap.
>>
How the hell do I hit 30+grams of fiber,apparently that's the recommendation
I'm on a 1500 calorie cut
>>
>>38300977
http://www.custommealplanner.com/
>>
>>38300916
ive taken it on and off for a while, might just be my imagination but i definitely feel more horny when taking it
>>
File: Lucas.jpg (242KB, 819x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Lucas.jpg
242KB, 819x1200px
How do I achieve Lucas Parker physique?
>>
>>38301055
Better drugs then you can ever afford and hard work.
>>
>>38301055
be mediocre at everything 3xf
>>
>>38295929

Requesting a /fit/ pic. It's a guy with a good physique, talks about compounds being all you need for muscle grow, and highlighted over each area of his body tells what compound helps with what area.
>>
I've been eating nothing but tuna and beans for like 2 months. Definitely sub 1000kcal daily. Am I going to die?
>>
>>38301088
Done.
>>
>>38301096
Eventually.
>>
>>38301151
fuggg :DDDDDD
>>
Is the "You can't isolate the lower abs" thing a meme?.I've been doing crunches(cable crunches and decline bench crunches) and the upper part of the abs look developed but the lower part (belly button onward) just looks bloated.How do I fix this?Been trying leg raises but it makes my hip flexors tight(can't get form on point).Also post a good tut if possible
>>
>>38298171
Just to lose weight and to be able to do pullups while improving general muscle strength. Not looking to get jacked or anything. I'm not obese but I'm still overweight.
>>
What is a "gyno"?
>>
How much weight can I lose by only consuming water everyday? Also, how many days could I go before I start to have side-effects from not eating?
>>
>>38301383
Don't do it anon. Your body will go full starvation mode and cannibalize everything.

Read the sticky. You should calculate your TDEE and eat 500 calories less.
Weigh yourself as soon as you wake up after you pee/shit, before you eat/drink anything and track progress.
You will see the numbers start to drop after a few days.
>>
File: lowquality.jpg (70KB, 777x800px) Image search: [Google]
lowquality.jpg
70KB, 777x800px
So I've been doing fitness training for about 4 months now, and this has always been a problem for me, originally me and the lads thought it was my lack of fitness, but since then I've gained a stone and I'm barely tired, but the pain is stopping me every time.

Its the centre of the ankle on both feet I can rotate my ankle in all directions without pain, I can do most stretches without pain, but if I stand/walk/run (after the pain starts kicking in) its killer and keeps getting worse until I stop. I've got new shoes, revised my running motion with the instructor, tried every pre/after stretch, and we don't know whats wrong.

And /fit/izens have any idea? I really don't have the money to go to a pysio right now, so any help is appreciated.

>borderline 6ft

>13st/182lbs/82.5kg
>>
File: alpecin.jpg (67KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
alpecin.jpg
67KB, 1000x1000px
hair gains, /fit/

does this stuff actually work or is it snake oil?
>>
>>38301155
:PPPPPP
>>
>>38301401
Can I really lose weight just by eating a bit less? I'm a giga-manlet but I'm not even overweight, I just have a fat face and I want to get rid of it quick as possible.
>>
>>38301478
Only if you count every single calorie. Don't eat anything without a nutrition label. Don't skip days.
TDEE - 500 calories every single day, no excuses.
>>
>>38301418
i've been using it
can't really tell if it works though because i don't know what i'd look like without it
>>
I'm a middle-aged fat fuck. 6 weeks ago joined a gym and started exercising for the first time in my life. The guys who run it have been teaching me some basic lifts, and are now starting to put the hard sell on me with protein powder and something called l-carnitine to "burn fat".

I expect to need at least a year and a half of solid cut before I'm anywhere near a healthy BMI and I am suspicious of anything described as "fat burning". Sticky just says consider supplements if you can't get enough protein in your regular diet and I can't find any mention of the fat-burning stuff, so I'm inclined to think the gym guys are just trying to make a sale. Is any of this stuff actually going to do me any good yet?
>>
>>38295929

any comments or advice on my new split would be awesome.

PUSH
Flat bench 4x6
Incline db press 3x10
Flyes 3x12
Military press 3x10
Lateral raises 3x12
Close-grip bench 3x10

PULL
Deadlift 4x5
Pullups 4x
Barbell rows 4x10
Barbell curls 3x10
Hammer curls 3x10

LEGS
Squats 4x6
Lunges 3x10
Leg press 3x10
>>
>>38301601

deadlift is 5 sets, pullups and rows are 3 sets. my bad
>>
>>38301601
No direct hamstring work on leg day, add sldls or leg curls
>>
>>38301409
Physio hell, go to a doctor. Could be a stress fracture. And don't run unless it's required for your sport.

>>38301574
Both have their purpose, but neither are necessary, and both can probably be gotten better and cheaper than you'll get at the gym.

>>38301601
Don't see the point of doing multiple kinds of curls, and you might do better with more frequent chinning. Otherwise, carry on.
>>
File: 11e7f1_5674653.png (190KB, 1024x714px) Image search: [Google]
11e7f1_5674653.png
190KB, 1024x714px
>>38301788
Last time I went to the doctor he just gave me painkillers.. But I guess I could try again. But thanks
>>
File: BBHackSquat.gif (140KB, 160x120px) Image search: [Google]
BBHackSquat.gif
140KB, 160x120px
>>38296226
Do these
>>
What would the effects be if i bulk too hard once I finish my everlasting cut
Why do people start with just eating +500?
>>
>>38301833
>not bisexual
FUCKING DROPPED
>>
>>38301833
Well, it obviously didn't work, so it's perfectly reasonable to go back, right? It's your body, not his, so get a diagnosis.
>>
How many calories do I need to gain 1kg (in surplus)?

I'm sorting out my diet for the winter and need to know how much of an overall surplus I need per month to roughly gain 1kg
>>
File: 1442963015939.gif (937KB, 450x240px) Image search: [Google]
1442963015939.gif
937KB, 450x240px
>>38301915
Ye fuck it, ur absolutely right.
>>
>>38301890
You can only gain so much muscle in a certain amount of time.
Eating at a +1000 slurpus won't make you gain muscle twice as fast, you'll only get fat.
>>
>>38296051
In the 140s. Good luck!
>>
>>38296546
Pic related.

http://www.canditotraininghq.com/free-strength-programs/
>>
>>38297062
You can probably take a month off without losing any muscle mass if youre still eating at your calorie maintanance and enough protien. Keto isnt a meme
>>
>>38295929
>best exercises to achieve fridge mode?

Heavy Squat Variants
Heavy Deadlift Variants
Overhead Pressing/Push Pressing
Hanging Leg Raises
Ab Wheel
>>
File: IMG_20150724_153525.jpg (551KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150724_153525.jpg
551KB, 2448x3264px
Pls help
>>
>>38297813
Pls help
>>
>>38301664
>>38301788

cheers for the advice!
>>
File: 1346390948257.png (97KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1346390948257.png
97KB, 2000x2000px
How do people who work out just flat out not kill themselves?
I hate it, worst part of my day and I barely even do anything. I feel shit after every exercise, even my head starts to hurt after lifting.
>>
>>38302029
>I hate it, worst part of my day

For people that work out really hard, their exercise may be the BEST part of their day. They genuinely enjoy it.

Especially if you have a very busy schedule of school/work, family, obligations, etc, then exercise can be an awesome stress relief and energizer in your day.
>>
>>38302002
The fuck is going on with your shoulder?
Give a better picture right fucking now.
>>
>>38302029
I personally really enjoy it, exercise after a while becomes a rush. I'd recommend a book "Spartan Up!" which explains it really well.
>>
>>38302064
looks like a dent or dislocation of some sort
>>
>>38300625
Mostly genetics. Wide shoulders and small waist. If you want to increase your chances of obtaining an otter mode like body without genetics, cut to a really low body fat, skip oblique work (including squats and diddys), and do stomach vacuums a couple times a day. Hit lats and shoulders at least twice a week.

If you're too small at the end of the cut, or start out skelly, just slow bulk while hitting shoulders and lats twice a week.

If you realize after the fact that your waist is genetically small feel free to hit obliques some more.
>>
>>38301161
Training your lower abs wont remove the fat that's there.

The lower belly has the least muscle and holds onto fat the longer - so you have to be pretty lean
>>
>>38296234
>drinking alcohol
Not gonna make it.
>>
File: 1_2.dcm.jpg (253KB, 1258x2609px) Image search: [Google]
1_2.dcm.jpg
253KB, 1258x2609px
had surgery on pic related 2 months ago finally got the ok from the PT to go back to the gym but I can only do pull no push. What should I start with to get back on track?
>>
File: body_THIIIIIIIS.jpg (92KB, 1071x1600px) Image search: [Google]
body_THIIIIIIIS.jpg
92KB, 1071x1600px
>>38302106
I am skelly mode right now (and always am), 180/60, thanks God I do have wide shoulders.
I've been doing rugby for some time (obviously flanker), but not in the last half-year, going to get back at it again when I finally finish moving to a new house.
Do you have useful links?

Pic is my goal-body (maybe a bit more), should be quite easy to obtain, huh?
>>
>>38302064
>>38302090
Xray shows no dislocation.

Pain on front and mid delts when doing pressing movements (ohp, bp)

Having trouble with external rotation.

Doctor cant diagnose for sure unless i spend a lot of money on an mri.
>>
>>38295929
how do I learn how to Power Clean, Snatch and Clean & Jerk without fucking myself up?

I've tried Powercleans but it always seems my right shoulders hurts a bit
could be flexibility? or what
also, what are the best rotator cuff strengthning exercises to do
>>
>>38302237
>spend a lot of money on an mri
...and the home of the braaave
>>
>>38302221
Bodyweight exercises and a good diet to help strengthen your bones.

Bodyweight might not seem like much but it will work really well.

Do this for at least 4 months then go back to lifting if your physio says you can. You'll find that the strength you gained from calisthenics can be transferred over easily into lifting and you're a lot better off then you were before. >>38302237
How long has it been like that.
>>
Why do all the movies and motivation videos for fitness say stuff like "the harder you work the more results you get"?

I can't work harder than the routine. I though you needed rest days and not to train two consecutive days.
How are you supposed to work harder?
>>
>>38302342
Increase the weight, go past the point you think its enough.
>>
Should I do my planks on my off day, my compounds or after my assistance lifts?

If I feel that weighted decline sit-ups and twists are doing more for me than planks should I just switch to them or stay with the planks?
>>
>>38302237

You likely have a labrum tear

Its the main thing they look for on a MRI as it dose not show up on a X-ray

I had the same problem and the doctor wouldn't give me a MRI despite the fact that i live in England (fuck you NHS)

So i just pretended i had a labrum tear and did labrum tear rehab and now my sholder is much better

I am still stuck doing landmine press however as I am too pussy to press again, nearly all other movements are fine.
>>
>>38302305
im not sure ill be able to to calisthenics yet, my doc said not to pult my full weight on it. I was thinking of using machines with very little weight on them, with the exception of legs. PT even wants me to use the leg press and not squat, witch im not happy about.
>>
>>38302342
It's just ego pump crap spouted by gear heads.
It will work on young teens and adults who don't know any better. But any man who's been in the fitness thing for a while knows what's up and knows his limits.
>>
>>38302373
>I had the same problem and the doctor wouldn't give me a MRI despite the fact that i live in England (fuck you NHS)

uh huh...
>>
>>38302356
Can't really increase the weight past the point where you can do 5 reps but 6 is too much.
>>
>>38302342
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbkZrOU1Zag
>>
>>38302411
>It will work on young teens and adults who don't know any better.
So uh.., it will work? I mean if you have a home gym and lift whenever you can every day all day, will you get stronger faster than doing the whole 3x / week?
>>
>>38302487
yes and no...
yes if alternate the intensity of the workout and do it cleverly
nope if you go hard all the time
>>
>>38302425

>Oh so you cant move your shoulder above your head or externally rotate your arm anon ?
>Well the X-ray shows nothing but we could use the MRI to check for further damage
>I would like a MRI doctor
>Well anon i think you should just rest it and if its worse in 2 weeks we will do an MRI
>I would still prefer a MRI doctor
>No anon
>T-thanks doctor

The NHS is pretty much legendary for doing nothing unless they absolutely have too.
>>
>>38302277
>how do I learn how to Power Clean, Snatch and Clean & Jerk without fucking myself up?
Coaching may help. Failing that, /owg/.

>also, what are the best rotator cuff strengthning exercises to do
OHP and chins.
>>
>>38302373
what did you do? go to a rehab center or just self rehab?

>>38302301
I'm from a 3rd world country

>>38302305
idk, I just noticed it about 2 years ago or so?
>>
>>38302592
>America confirmed for having the same medical system as 3rd world countries.
>>
Been abroad for a year. Now back home I see that my protein powder should be consumed within 4 months once opened. Has been open for a year and 2 months now.

Expiriation date says 01/2017 unopened

Can I still use it though? About 1/1.5kg left so I don't want to waste it.
>>
>>38297712

go til you're uncomfortable. shoulders are tricky things
>>
>>38302673

i wouldn't. expired whey is nasty stuff.
>>
>>38302673
Nope, once it's open bacteria gets in. If 6 months passed it maybe would be okay, but 14 months is too long a time.
>>
>>38302673
>>38302717
How exactly would whey expire? It's fucking powder, without any water content. Provided it was closed and no fluid entered the tub there should be no bacteria feeding on it. Unless it's got a weird smell, I'd still take it.
>>
>>38296311
I never took any and never needed it.
no reason not to try I guess.
>>
>>38302757

have you ever had long expired whey? shit's gross. maybe if it's an ISO it wouldn't be as bad.
>>
>>38302807
When I stopped working out for a year I had a flavorless whey isolate and a strawberry flavored casein tub (I bought into the whole fast digesting slow digesting meme back then) laying around in my room. Still smelled, and tasted exactly the same as a year before and I consumed it in the course of a month and never got sick or had any other symptoms of food poisoning. I'm confident in saying, if it still smells normal, take it. Expiration dates are jews making you throw away your food because other people are pussies. As long as there's no visible or odorful indication for spoilage, eat it. Regardless if it's fish, fruit, meat or protein powder. I've even eaten 3 days "expired" smoked salmon that still smelled fresh and had no negative effects from it.
>>
File: 3cvctsv.jpg (58KB, 318x450px) Image search: [Google]
3cvctsv.jpg
58KB, 318x450px
>>38302922
Expatriation dates have an X day grace period, a lot of food-stuffs like cans are required to have a date even though they really don't need it. Because some idiot will eat a 45 year old can of tuna and sue the company otherwise.

3-days old is nothing if stored correctly when purchased. But more than 5-days is pushing it a bit.

t. work with food
>>
>>38302592
also follow up question.

can I do pull ups/chin ups with labral tear (if it is)
>>
hey anons, anyone tried nicotine for weight loss?
what are the cons? is it hard to get off once you met your goal?
>>
>>38303039
>45 year old can of tuna
could actually be edible if he can was stored properly. at least i know a guy that ate a 29 yo russian canned tuna and said it was fine.
some dude eats field rations from ww2 even and still alive to make vids about it.
>>
>>38303127
>hey anons, anyone tried nicotine for weight loss?
Yes
>what are the cons?
Short term: Even shittier cardiovascular endurance than you already have.
Long term: Increased risk of cancer
>is it hard to get off once you met your goal?
Nope, I was able to quit it in no time. You can just satisfy the craving with food, which works great if you want to bulk after you cut anyways.
>>
>>38303140
ye you're right. Just that with the years you don't know if the can is compromised obviously. Like I said its for companies to cover their ass from idiots.
>>
>>38303156
>Even shittier cardiovascular endurance than you already have.
>Increased risk of cancer
i was not thinking cigarettes but gums or stickers obviously
>>
>>38303156
Shit I didn't notice you said nicotine and not cigarettes. Both of the cons don't apply to patches or gum. I don't see any cons in pure nicotine accept for the fact that your body gets "addicted" to it, but just quit cold turkey and eat a ton of food and you'll forget about it real quick.
>>
>>38303164
one whiff into it anon and you can tell hell if it's no good you can usually tell before you open it it will be rancid.
>>
>>38303178
>accept
except, fuck
>>
>>38303178
i was thinking about a 3 month long regimen, build up the dose weekly like 5mg every week up to 25mg a day keep for a month then go gradually down.

i want to see if it really helps with a diet. it supposedly kills your appetite.
>>
Last night I had an incredible dream, I had met Rich and he got mad at me cause I was only taking 2 scoops. But I dont even use any protein or pre-workout or anything like that. So I had no idea what the fuck I was doing, but apparently it was not good enough. I think it was the 5 scoops gif that set it off. We were in some sort of shopping mall if that helps.

So if someone could explain the scoops to me I would be very appreciative.
>>
>>38303270
1 scoop is what most peoples body can metabolize from a fast absorbing whey protein shake. each additional scoop just increases the chance of kidney failure assuming it metabolizes at all and becomes free protein in your blood.
>>
>>38303232
>kills your appetite
I haven't read any studies but from mine and many other smokers anecdotal evidence, I can savely say. It definitely has appetite suppressing effects and might even have thermogenic effects to increase your calories burned. Everyone I know who stopped smoking, including myself, and even when I tried my hardest to not eat more than I usually did, I still ended up gaining weight, like everyone else who stopped. That being said, it's probably not as effective as EC-Stack, but it's a whole lot safer and more importantly legal and cheap. Maybe couple your nicotine with 200-600mg caffeine every day, to increase the effects and suppress hunger even further.
>>
File: image.jpg (103KB, 563x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103KB, 563x750px
My rear delts, shoulders and traps are really lacking. Should I just do accessory work everyday?
>>
>>38303290
yup something like that. it's more of an experiment from my part i usually can throw off weight without much problem but lately i'm constantly hungry like hell. 2 hours after i eat i'm already hungry again. it started roughly when i started to take pro-biotics.
>>
>>38303286
Ahh right so it's a protein shake then?
>>
File: 1468465642154.jpg (144KB, 624x420px) Image search: [Google]
1468465642154.jpg
144KB, 624x420px
>>38295929
I have the epitome of a QTDDTOT

Is there any reason why it would be bad to put hockey tape on my barbell to aid in grip? I have a home gym so it's all my shit, but I would much rather put some tape on it than wear gloves or use chalk (which I currently do). I just have never seen a taped up barbell in all the time I spent on /fit/, so was curious if there is a reason for that.
>>
>>38303366
No why would it matter. You have to do anything that helps you lift better
>>
>>38303307
If you want. I do chins probably 5x/week and it's dandy. Just ease into it at first.

>>38303366
I've seen it done with a smooth bar. The knurling should be doing what the hockey tape would do, but if you don't want to get a better-knurled bar it'll be fine. Chalk will still help.
>>
Anyone know how to cure a hangover? I got so fucked up yesterday that I don't even remember what happened. I woke up next to this chick in a fucking mini van and I don't have my wallet or my phone.
>>
So I snapped my left leg and now it hurts when I walk. I went to the doctor and they said I needed surgery and that it'd take around 3-4 months to recover completely. They also said I'm not allowed to do any form of strenuous physical activity for the first month. So I guess all I can really do is cut?
>>
>>38296665
The first number is always Leucine, always get the highest Leucine product.

Go to Ergolog and look at the benefits.
>>
>>38303335
protein powder that comes with a plastic scoop of 25-30g signifying 1 portion. double scooping should be okay if you are big enough.

5 scoops is really meme tier.
>>
File: Soy_sauce_with_wasabi.jpg (92KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Soy_sauce_with_wasabi.jpg
92KB, 1280x960px
Is soy sauce usable for bulking? Or is there too much added sugar?

I like to use it to cook carrots or potatoes.
>>
>>38303522
Google World Health Org. oral re-hydration therapy.

Shorcut: mix 6 teaspoon sugar with .5 teaspoon salt in 1 liter water. Drink 2-3 at the end of the night before you go to bed. You still need to re-hydrate after you wake up with a hangover but at that point you missed your chance to avoid the pain.
>>
>>38295929
Is it gay/feminine for a man to do crosstrainer cardio?
>>
>>38303622
Too much salt and phytoestrogens
>>
>>38300114
Define "nice" and "ass."
>>
>>38300628
Do two warm up sets.
Two sets of 5 at working weight.
Final set at working weight do as many reps as possible
>>
>>38303731
Thanks. You know any alternative?
>>
>>38300195
Starting what?
>>
>>38303770
Growing?
>>
>>38299438
Caloric deficit
>>
>>38303760
Really? Is it your personnal advice or is it part of Reg Park's routine?
>>
>>38300391
So you can only make it to gym one day this week? You know you don't have to go on the exact same days of the week, right...? In any case, always alternate workouts and try to progress with weight.
>>
How long until that "pumped up" look you get after a workout becomes your default body?
>>
File: 1464448287305.png (91KB, 240x255px) Image search: [Google]
1464448287305.png
91KB, 240x255px
>>38297594
~7 months; 1.5 of ICF to learn the moves then the rest was 5/3/1 with BBB, joker sets and drop sets added, I had to stop a bunch for injuries and illness. Started almost a year ago at 6'1 225lbs and still hovering around 225.
>>
>>38303811
By definition, never.

Your pump is always going to be the bigger (You).
>>
>>38303607
Thanks fampai
>>
>>38300505
Titrate to effect. 1 lb lost/week is ~3500 kcals. deficit from TDEE.
>>
>>38303819
>>38303811
Fair enough. How long until the current pumped up state becomes the default (which will then be pumped further by subsequent workouts)?
>>
Does anyone here have any experience with the eleiko xf barbell? If so whats the knurling, whip like and is it good enough for a beginner?
>>
Why's a normal macro split for a bulk?
>>
Can I lower my bf just by lifting and eating 2000kcal? I'm skinnyfat
>>
>>38301418
You know caffeine comes in pills and you can use any shampoo you want?
>>
>>38301926
~3599 kcals/week = 1 lb./.45 kg
>>
>>38302029
What are you doing?
>>
File: MountainLion.jpg (76KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
MountainLion.jpg
76KB, 800x600px
>>38303286
>each additional scoop just increases the chance of kidney failure
http://www.core3training.com/top-6-myths-high-protein-diets-facts-behind-fiction/
>>
>>38303920
Thanks. Online I found that ~7700 calories are 1kg. Does this mean that I can add a ~8000 surplus over a month and gain at a slower rate?
>>
>>38303795
It's a better routine which allows you to set volume PRs even when you've stalled. Reloading without amrap just results in you spinning your wheels
>>
If I'm taking 5g of creatine daily, if I forget one evening, should I take it in the a.m., or just wait until the next evening?
Or take like 3g in the a.m. and 4g that evening, until back on track the next day with the daily 5g?
>>
>>38297004
Unsweetened tea is fine, and "most" people would agree that diet juice and soda is ok too. Some people may find artifical sweeteners stimulate cravings, or cause irritation, and some research suggests they might still lead to insulin spikes, but it's not conclusive.
>>
>>38298473
If you've had to buy 4 blenders, I would think your buying criteria needs adjusting.
>>
>>38303848
Bout tree fiddy.
>>
>>38300505
Run it for 2 weeks and see what the scale says. Then you'll know if you need to adjust or not.
>>
>>38301881
>dem teddies
>>
>>38303858
Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
>>
>>38303861
Depends.
>>
>>38301890
>>38301931

Also, to avoid stretch marks
>>
What is the difference between an overhead press and a military press?
>>
>>38303852
a Wal-Mart bar is good enough for a beginner. Don't obsess over equipment; just lift weights.
>>
File: hBTp3NS.jpg (22KB, 500x741px) Image search: [Google]
hBTp3NS.jpg
22KB, 500x741px
How do I achieve an ass like pic related?
>>
>>38303920
Sorry typo: 3500 is what I meant.
>>38304104
What? You want to eat *more* calories and gain at a *slower* rate? Impossible, unless I'm not understanding you...
>>
How do I set a PR? That sounds pretty stupid I know, but I mean: If I work my way up towards the weight wont't I tire myself and the PR is wrong?
>>
>>38304291
>a month
I wasn't understanding you. You have the formula. You can adjust as you like.
>>
>>38304236
Wat
>>
>>38304278

Girl when you find out, let me know.
>>
I've been working out for about 3 months at this point. Eating healthier, eating about a 2-300 deficit.

My gains went from very minimal for the first month to almost linear progression with me adding weight every week or so, especially with my squat and leg press.

Are these just delayed noob gains, my form is getting better or what?
>>
>>38304307
>>38304291
Yeah more calories in the course of a month, so in a whole month my surplus is like 7k. Can't go bigdick on the calories since my appetite is nonexistant, so want to increase it by 7k per month
>>
>>38304359
Have you been losing weight? That's a very light deficit.
>>
>>38304359

also, I started skinny fat 6 foot 185 and am now trying to cut/put muscle on. I know my gains wont be huge, but im definetly losing weight and adding muscle. I want to slim down a bunch, but still put some muscle on. Should I instead bulk first and then cut or should I continue with what im doing, gainz aren't huge but clothes are getting a lot looser and body is looking better def losing bf%
>>
Is muscle memory a thing? I used to be 190 15% didn't lift for months and now I'm 176 15%

How long will it take to get gains back?
>>
>>38304410

Ive lost about 12lbs over 2 months, but my runs have gotten longer, my lifts have been getting better. I am trying to look better for the start of school, while making steady improvements on the gains.

Should I focus solely on one or the other or keep doing what I am doing.
>>
>>38303522
Get up and move around. I know not everyone is like this, but I'm usually out of death mode after moving around for 30 minutes and chugging water.

And if I can force myself to run a couples miles then I'm golden for the second half of the day at least.
>>
>>38304421
Skinny.
Started overweight by BMI
> America
>>
>>38304033
>protein from meal like meat and cheese
>same as fucking fast lane whey
yeah say goodby to your kidneys
same shit when you over train break down muscle protein fucks up your kidney. it's really all about timing. you can eat as much protein as you want just not all at once as whey.
>>
hello /fit/
im a bit of a newfriend here, and from what ive understood by reading the sticky and lurking the board i need rest between each workout

But thing is, would alternating cardio and weights count as "rest"? Ex:
Mon: weights
Tue:cardio
Wedn: weights
Tue: rest
Fri: cardio
Sat: weights
Sun:rest
>>
>>38297310
Depends on how fat you are already/will feel bad from gaining more fat than you have.
>>
>>38304543
Thank you skeleton
>>
>>38297813
Lat pull downs and seated cable rows come to mind
Farmers walk could be good
>>
Is starvation mode an actual thing or not? I've been on a 1k+ calorie deficit for a while now and my weight has hardly moved at all. 5'11, ~150. My only remaining fat seems to be in my fucking nasty looking melting porridge stomach. I do cardio and lift weights. Even if I put the TDEE calculator at sedentary, it still has me at 2k somehow, how can that be? Regardless, I've been aiming for 1k calories a day at the most. I'm really starting to lose my mind here, it feels like I'm getting nowhere.
>>
>>38304711
Yeah, cardio isn't as high-impact as weights are and still gives your muscles a chance to recover. That schedule would be just fine.
>>
>>38305166
starvation mode is not a thing

you are very light for your height

you shouldn't be eating only 1k calories a day, however if you're not losing any weight for weeks then you're probably not actually eating 1k calories a day.

>>38304711
yeah basic cardio isn't that strenuous that it will interfere much.

however avoid high-impact cardio if you're overweight and squat a lot in your routine.

>>38304480
>Is muscle memory a thing
yes

>How long will it take
depends

faster than when you first built it

>>38304502
>>38304359
if it's working, keep doing what you're doing.

'delayed novice gains' are a thing like you suggested in the form of improved technique as well as you generally getting better/more in routine with good habits.

>>38304301
warm up with a couple sets of 5s then taper down to singles, and just work your way up

e.g. for a hypothetical 100kg bencher
bar x5
40x5
60x3
80x1
90x1
95x1
100x1 (PR)

>>38304249
nothing

>>38304164
just try to take 5g every day. if you miss, dw about it. you can take 5g in the morning after if you would like to be prudent
>>
>>38305166
>Is starvation mode an actual thing or not?
Yes, but it's pretty difficult to get into

>I've been on a 1k+ calorie deficit for a while now and my weight has hardly moved at all.
well anon when you're obese 1k deficits are good for-
>5'11, ~150.
anon what the fuck, that's way too high of a deficit at that weight. I'm your height and 20 pounds heavier and lucky to be losing 1.5 lbs per week on a 600 calorie deficit.

It sounds like you just have excess skin, there's no way you're more than 15% BF at this point. If you want, post pic for verification so we can determine what's going on.

If you're insisting on continuing to lose weight, you need to restart your diet. Eat at maintenance for two weeks and then start a SMALL deficit, at-most 500 calories.

I speak from experience in this area.
>>
File: progress2.jpg (2MB, 4362x2606px) Image search: [Google]
progress2.jpg
2MB, 4362x2606px
>>38305299
I hate to post this in so many threads, but here you go. I don't see anyone else with this sack attached to my stomach, it's incredibly disheartening. People tell me to bulk, but I don't understand how that's going to rid of this thing. My only goal is a flat stomach, but it feels completely unattainable. Sorry for the whining tone.
>>
>>38305299
>>38305166
adding onto this, someone your height should never be consuming less than 1200 calories in a day. That's borderline starving yourself.
>>
Hey /fit/

I used to be very skinny, the past two years I've put on a bit of weight without lifting or cardio so:

Past:
5'8 - 121 lbs

Present
5'8 - 147 lbs

Will the extra weight help me build muscle more easy if I start lifting now or am I fucked for not staying skinny?
>>
>>38305340
Anon, that's great progress! That's not fat, that's loose skin. That means you made it!

>People tell me to bulk, but I don't understand how that's going to rid of this thing.
Loose skin is tough to get rid of, but one of the easiest ways without surgery is to fill out that skin with muscle. Your body will adjust to it over time.

I know it's rough, but you have huge potential here and are already halfway done. Build strength, start a hypertrophy routine, and get started mang!
>>
File: goal.png (1MB, 1192x906px) Image search: [Google]
goal.png
1MB, 1192x906px
>>38305377
Would building muscle flatten it out or is there simply no way to get a stomach like pic related without surgery? I'm willing to eat more, I really do love food(reason I became so big in the first place), at a more controlled rate though, of course. If by hypertrophy you mean more reps, lower weight(I was doing 3x8 before, going for 3x15 at a lower weight), then I've been working on that. Should I continue to do cardio? Thank you for the motivation and help thus far.
>>
File: 1327254957775.jpg (7KB, 170x213px) Image search: [Google]
1327254957775.jpg
7KB, 170x213px
>>38305449
I'm in the same shoes as you man, been overweight forever and wanted a flat stomach forever. Building muscle will definitely help, but the only way to tell if it will completely remove it is to do it. If not, there's always surgery.

>If by hypertrophy you mean more reps,
Nah, hypertrophy is the growth of muscles. There are programs that specialize in this.

> Should I continue to do cardio?
Up to you. Doing cardio usually means you need to eat more.

Seeing your progress is super inspiring man, we're all gonna make it.
>>
File: xwLsA.jpg (217KB, 832x1125px) Image search: [Google]
xwLsA.jpg
217KB, 832x1125px
>>38301095
prob still not here but I assume this is the one?
>>
>>38305484
Thank you very much for the positive vibes. I'll aim for 1500 a day and begin a more focused hypertrophy program. Good luck with whatever aesthetic it is you are shooting for as well!
>>
>>38305577
slow down anon, you need to eat at maintenance first! You've been eating too little for too long. Your body isn't going to change unless you figuratively press the reset switch.

Eat at maintenance for two weeks. And honestly I'd recommend bulking at this point, though the decision whether to do that or cut rests with you.
>>
>>38305577
>>38305614
adding onto this because I'm a retard

hypertrophy and muscle building only works on a bulk, eating at a deficit will give you no gains.
>>
is this a good routine for a grill? looking for glutes and thighs

Monday
Press 2 x 5, 1 x 5+
Squat 2 x 5, 1 x 5+
Barbell Good Mornings 3x6-8
Barbell Hip Thrusts 3x6-8
Glute Kickback/Cable Kickback 3x8-12

Wednesday
Squats 2 x 5, 1 x 5+
Sumo Deadlift 5+

Friday
Press 2 x 5, 1 x 5+
Squat 2 x 5, 1 x 5+
>>
>>38298161
Can anyone help me with this?
I'm looking to improve all around body strength/endurance/conditioning and lose weight.
>>
>>38305614
>>38305629
Oh, okay. I'll bump it up to 2k a day for two weeks and then bring it back down to 1500 or so after that. Thank you so so much for the advice!
>>
>>38305718
no problem mang. Become great and report back.
>>
If I get a squat rack with weights that I can do dips, pull ups, and bench presses in, will that be enough for a home gym?

Any other highly recommended gear for home gyms?
>>
Is there a rough ratio for converting dumbbell bench press to barbell bench press?
>>
>>38305650
That's a fucking horrible routine for anyone
>>
Noob lurker here.

I really want to start with starting strength but I want to do all the lifts with proper form.

Would you guys say it's a good idea to pay a trainer in my gym to help on my form when I start?

Like I've been practising a bit in front of the mirror with my pull up bar but I think he would assure me on doing it with good form when doing the actual lifts.

Money is no issue.
>>
>>38305795
>will that be enough for a home gym?
Nah bro, you need 40 different machines and don't forget cable crossovers to sculpt your inner nipple
>>38305821
>Is there a rough ratio for converting dumbbell bench press to barbell bench press?
No, but you'll convert to a retarded faggot if you do dumbbell bench.
>>
>>38305881
Just ask other lifters. PT's are fucking expensive and most lifters are more than willing to help out a newbie.
>>
>>38305881
>Would you guys say it's a good idea to pay a trainer in my gym to help on my form when I start?

hahahahahahahahah no. Most '''trainers''' can't even perform the lifts at all.
>>
>>38305848
why?
could you post a good routine for developing butt and thighs?

thx
>>
>>38305959
>Could you give me a routine to make me look disproportionate like a truly retarded T-Rex
No, I also can't tell you how to tone, get abs for the summer, or spot reduce fat. Read the sticky you stupid faggot.
>>
>>38305650
Needs more sets and reps. If she wants tone/size 3 sets of 5-8 aint gonna do it.
>>
>>38305982
>implying t rex mode doesn't look good on grills

I'veread the sticky
gf used to be a swimmer in her teens, so lacking on hips while shoulders and traps are well developed (better than most dyel)
>>
>>38306015
>used to be
Great, if you had half a fucking brain you would know that you start to lose what you "developed", which was probably jack shit in her case, you don't keep working it.
>I'veread the sticky
No, I doubt you fucking did. Because you wouldn't be posting a garbage routine with little understanding of what you're doing. Go hire a personal trainer to make a sweet 'glute and thigh' only routine lmao. Don't forget the dumbbell lunges too dawg. Fucking retarded millennial faggot.
>>
I'm suppose to feel dead inside while working out on a major caloric deficit right? Any way around it? Caffeine ain't doing shit, it lets me maybe go harder the first 5-10 minutes and then I'm totally burnt out.
>>
Been overweight since i was a kid, now I'm 20 at 84kg, planning to lose around 30, question is will I get loose skin after the loss? Also, any chance those stretch marks will become less visible?
>>
>>38306007
how about this? would it be enough volume?
squats 3x5+
acc 4x8-10
>>
>>38306051
>you start to lose what you "developed", which was probably jack shit in her case, you don't keep working it.
> implying she doesn't swim regularly
> implying she didn't compete at national level

dipshit...
>>
>>38306056
try not to work out when fast-ed
heavy compounds first
if you do cardio, save it for post workout
maybe cut down on some bonus accessory lifts or lower set/ rep ranges
>>
>>38306131
>used to be a swimmer in her teens
>used to
>I don't understand present and past tense
Yeah, you're a real fucking catch for her. You're obviously new here. Why don't you fucking lurk more faggot.
>>
File: MountainLion.jpg (94KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
MountainLion.jpg
94KB, 600x800px
>>38304675
I posted a citation. I guess we'll just take your word for it...
>>
>>38306062
Losing 30kg at 84kg?

Are you a female / male and how tall are you?
>>
>>38306187
kek
tergivising that much after talking shit you didn't know about
>>
>>38306070
That's better I'd add in lunges and box jumps if you can.
>>
>>38306216
female, 168
>>
>>38306062
no idea
drink water idk, apparently young people have less issues with loose skin

stretch marks become less visible with time
mine have gone silver/ whiteish instead of angry red
>>
>>38306228
that seems good, thx
I've just found out about Contreras book on butt, I think it'll suit her just as well
>>
>>38301369
Someone with man boobs.
Usually means you have low T levels and bad genes.
>>
>>38306230
Aim for 68kg's.

It's a 16 kg loss which already is a lot but actually realistic.

A lot of people fail because they set the bar too high initially.
>>
File: Diet not working.jpg (157KB, 921x741px) Image search: [Google]
Diet not working.jpg
157KB, 921x741px
>>38305166
You weighing everything that goes in your mouth?
>inb4cock
>>
>>38305449
Man I love flat chested chicks, but careful this is a work-safe board.
>>
Beginner here

Doing SL but also looking to increase vertical for basketball

would adding 1 plyo excerise on top of SL (barbell jump squats/box jumps) be sufficient in increasing vertical?
>>
Is everyone just flexing their abs 24/7? I have a 6 pack clear as day when I flex but a flat stomach relaxed. You can also see it when I breathe in and out .

If not, what body fat do I need to have a constant 6 pack?
>>
>>38305629
>eating at a deficit will give you no gains
...other than noob gains, which are considerable at first, especially if he has BF to spare.

You might try keeping up he deficit until the lifts get hard, then try maintenance for a while until that gets hard, then bulk.
>>
>>38305228
>>38305245
thanks mates
>>
a friend (who is jacked) told me as a natty for best results train like a power lifter but eat like a bodybuilder, is he right?
>>
File: 1465487344527.jpg (70KB, 800x745px) Image search: [Google]
1465487344527.jpg
70KB, 800x745px
>notice qt3.14 around uni library 2 months ago while studying for final exams
>match with her on tinder days ago
>she studies the same as me so next year we're doing the same classes

What do I do? I really like her and all but she is friend/ girlfriend potential to me.
We've been talking for 3 days and right now I'm running short on conversation so I don't know what to do talk about. What do: keep talking and flirting or just leave her hangin?
>>
>>38306527
>especially if he has BF to spare.
he doesn't really, just read the posts. He's maybe 14% BF at-most. A little hard to tell with the loose skin.
>>
>>38302571
I have no coaches nor gyms for oly and powerlifting so I'm fucked
I want to at least learn the power clean by myself

also I do heavy OHP and pull ups instead of chins, how do they strengthen the rotator?
I've started to stretch my rotator cuff b4 lifting(put back of the hands on the hips like i'm pretending to be a chicken, squat and put my elbows inside my knees while using the knees to push my shoulders more forward for sick stretch), and shoulder dislocations

then when I finish the work out I use dumbbells, lay down on the ground with a 5/6kg dumbbell, have my arm to the side and straight doing a paralel line with my forearm and then let it rotate to the front and back(no idea how its called)

is it enough?

also are hyperextensions good for lower back health and strengthning?
>>
What's the best /fit/ hoodie
>>
File: IMG_1741.png (150KB, 382x237px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1741.png
150KB, 382x237px
>>38305513

Yes! Thank you anon.
>>
I'm auschwitz mode, is it normal to not see your abs at all if you're at like 5% bf? I still have barely any muscle mass, so that's probably why. Just curious to know if I should actually care about ab workouts since I read everywhere that you can't see abs if you have too much bf, but I know I'm definitely low on bf.

So basically, do ab workouts actually matter?
>>
>>38306521
just train your abs
>>
>>38307055
What method(s) did you use to check BF? You're likely much higher than you think. And since you're that dyel, you probably want a full body workout, which will hit your abs fine.
>>
>>38307124
I can see my ribs at my obliques and sternum, and I look bony as fuck everywhere EXCEPT my stomach. My bf is more of a rough estimate, since if I feel anywhere on my body I feel literally 0 fat.
>>
>>38307055
yes, your abdominals are a muscle.
>>
>>38307170
You're not 5%, that is a ridiculously hard to keep BF%. I'm willing to bet you're more like 8 or 9%.
>>
>>38307071
not him but

outside heavy compounds which kinda work the abs
can I just do leg raises and get away with it? or i need more shit

I also hears you can train abs every work out
>>
>>38307188
>>38307188
So could I expect to see abs as long as I just keep working them? I know it'll take a while, so I'm not expecting quick results. I was just curious since guys at like 15% BF still have their abs showing.
>>
>>38306450
I do, I'm absolutely anal about my calorie counting.
>>38306788
Do I really look like I'm at 14%? I could never really tell, even using tape measure.
>>
>>38307353
yup.

>>38307707
People are going to tell you that you're not measuring correctly, take that with a grain of salt. Like I told you earlier, I've experienced the exact same thing you did. You've conditioned your body to store everything you eat since you're at such a high deficit. Eating at maintenance will help you, please, please trust me on that.

>Do I really look like I'm at 14%?
I think you may be sub-10% honestly, but like I said it's hard to tell with the loose skin. Assuming you're anything like me (5'11") you're around 143 pounds of Lean Body Mass, which means if you're 150 pounds total, only 5-8% of that is bodyfat.

Tape measures are one of the worst ways to measure body fat, and any method involving loose skin makes it even harder to get an accurate reading.

but that is a complete guess and I wouldn't take it seriously.
>>
>>38302231
That is your goal?
Is it possible to be less than that?
>>
>>38308005
My problem has always been having no one to compare myself against, but with you having gone through what I am, I'll trust you on the maintenance part. I mean, I'm not seeing any results from a harsh deficit anyway, so it certainly couldn't hurt to switch to maintenance, at least.
>>
>>38305340

How fat were you? Got pics?
>>
I bought liquid chalk, a 250ml bottle how long should I expect it to last if I'm only using it at most 4 times a week?
>>
>>38308124
Unfortunately not, not even anything digitally. I was 280 at my peak, I'm 5'11.
>>
>>38305340
either try to put some muscle mass and see if it fills out or simply go for surgery

>>38308142
bought twice too, from myprotein kek

>wanted regular chalk blocks or even powder
>literally no european shops
>the ones I found were from eastern europe and jewed out 30euro on shipping alone
>>
>>38308150
you've made fantastic progress man, loose skin is a small price to pay.
>>
>>38308160

I got mine from myprotein too, just out of convenience since I was ordering stuff anyway.

Amazon does regular chalk blocks. Single for like £2.99, a 2 pack for £4 I think it was, or a box of 8 for £20
>>
>>38308176
Thank you very much. I guess sometimes I have a hard time realizing the progress I've made, I focus too much on this stomach I hate so much but I really am in a better place physically than I was, by a lot.
Thread posts: 338
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.