[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 326
Thread images: 43

File: 1429981024684.jpg (122KB, 999x624px) Image search: [Google]
1429981024684.jpg
122KB, 999x624px
OLD THREAD DYING

Post questions that don't deserve their own thread
>>
I think I might want to take up swimming. I'd like to increase my endurance. I used to run a lot but I don't want joint issues.
>>
21M 6'1 SW 360 CW 295 GW 160

time: 4.5 months

question: what do you guys think loose skin situation will be? guess its kinda hard/impossible to tell but just looking for opinions
>>
File: skinn.png (668KB, 767x508px) Image search: [Google]
skinn.png
668KB, 767x508px
>>38272251

forgot pic
>>
I failed pretty hard today /fit/. Binged a whole box of oreos a friend had left at my place after a movie yesterday. I'm something like 1000 calories over my cut.

Do I cut additional calories tomorrow or just live with the fact I fucked up and continue cutting as normal?
>>
>>38272298
it's august - too late to keep cutting. time to bulk, anon
>>
>>38272270
I really don't think you're so fat youll have too much to worry about.
>>
File: 2016-06-23 15.38.46.jpg (111KB, 1078x606px) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-23 15.38.46.jpg
111KB, 1078x606px
>be 160 lbs

>squat 280
>deaflift 300 max
>chest press 180

>can't bench over 135

I literally don't get it.
Rounded shoulders?
>>
File: img2.thejournal.ie.jpg (143KB, 630x350px) Image search: [Google]
img2.thejournal.ie.jpg
143KB, 630x350px
What program will get me aesthetics the quickest? I am a bit overweight. Can anyone help?
>>
>>38272806

underdeveloped triceps maybe? that's really weird
>>
>>38272298
If I binge, I naturally find myself not as hungry the next day. Probably a good time to fast through breakfast and lunch.
>>
how long can you rest for before you lose size or strength?
>>
Does eating wheat and drinking milk actually make your skin age quicker?
>>
So I recently started going to gym just about 4 weeks ago.

If I can do two exercises with 3kg dumbbells (4x10 and 3x12), but on the third exercise, on set 4 out of 4, I can do around 6 out of 12 before my arms are literally not able to keep going and they just fall.

Does this mean I have to use 2kg ones even though that makes the rest feel much easier, or should I keep going with 3kg until I can do the last set properly?
>>
Anyone have experience with the sarms Ostarine?

I can get it at my local supp store and wondering if it was worth it, how long it takes to kick in, if the gains stay, if an experimental 3 week cycle is worth it and if a post cycle therapy is needed.
>>
Should I strengthen my wrists before or after arms day? I have weak wrists so I want to focus on em.
>>
>>38273318
read the sticky, follow a program, don't make shit up.
>>
What's the purpose of creatine?

Does it make your muscles look bigger?
>>
>jump roping
>dull pain in right testicle

massaged it a little bit, dull pain to the touch.
any idea what it could be?
I have a varicocele, maybe it's that?
only thing is, the affected (droopy) testicle is my left one....
>>
>>38273310
No. Being in the sun does though, so use sunscreen.
>>
>>38273419
I am following a program made by the guy running the gym...
>>
>>38273547
...but I don't see him that much since he works really early, so I haven't got a chance to ask.

Also, I've read the sticky more times than I can count.
>>
How do I improve my vertical and general air-time for sports(basketball)?
Should I look into this plyometrics stuff?
>>
Should I be counting calories the in tea
>>
>>38273650

Plyos can work, but they're not super useful for most people (and have to be added in carefully, especially if you're particularly tall or heavy).

The best thing you can do is practice explosive triple extensions. Jumps (both for height and distance) and stuff like power cleans or high pulls. Getting stronger also helps up to a point.
>>
>>38273670
>Getting stronger also helps up to a point
You mean by doing squats?
>>
>>38273689

Squats and deadlifts can be useful for this, yes. The exact variants you use don't matter too much in most cases.
>>
>>38273699
Alright thanks for the help!
>>
>>38273554
>>38273547
>Also, I've read the sticky more times than I can count.

yet you claim
> am following a program made by the guy running the gym...
>>
is there any advantage of keto vs a regular deficit? I'm doing keto now but its kinda miserable not being able to have any carbs.
>>
>>38273834
in reference to fat loss, im 242 now down from 339 and ive been struggling to move the scale so i tried keto. lost like 5 pounds in a week but im assuming most/all of that is water weight.
>>
>>38273834
keto is very very rapid weight loss in comparison, but really only recommended if you're obese. If you're just kind of overweight (less than 30%) I wouldn't do it.
>>
>>38273834
If you switch from keto to regular diet at a cut you will gain some weight back, losing it may not be as quick, but you can feel better.
>>
>>38273854
>>38273862
i'm still in the obese category i believe at 242 pounds at 6'1. Do you think it's safe/sustainable until i meet my goal weight at 200 pounds?
>>
>>38273872
Ehhhh, you seem just barely in the medically obese category. I'm assuming 30-31% just using a ballpark guess.

You can try it if you want, but I'd read up on it pretty thoroughly. You need to be dedicated to it and willing to stick through it to the end. You will also lose any muscle you might be preserving, so consider that.
>>
>>38273915
alright i'll have to think about it I suppose.
>>
alternative for power cleans? my wrists are not flexible enough for them.
should I do clean pulls? what is the correct technique for them?
>>
>>38274031

High pulls.
>>
I'm poor but I want fresh fruits and veggies. I typically shop in the beginning of the month. My question is can I buy frozen steambags of veggies and can I buy frozen fruit for smoothies? I checked the lables and the veggies are flash frozen and tje fruit doesn't have sugar. Would it be better to buy fresh and freeze them myself?
>>
What are some exercises to improve my shoving ability? Ideally I'd like to knock someone off their feet if they try to push me.
>>
>>38274061
Frozen is fine. But smoothies are dumb. Actually learn what it is to eat healthy, educate yourself.
>>
>>38274072
The shoving movement is a horizontal push, so bench press.
>>
>>38274046
nice
do you have any vids with legit technique? I'm seeing a lot of sources with mixed techniques
>>
>>38274083

Its exactly the same technique you'd use for a power clean, you just don't pull it as high or try to rack it.
>>
>>38274074
What should I do about getting fruit in my diet? I'm always on the go I do have a dehydrator dried fruit maybe?
>>
>>38274087
so my arms stay completely stiff? no need to shrug the shoulders?
>>
>>38274105
Dried fruit

and smoothies can be very healthy if you make them of healthy ingredients and propotions
>>
>>38274106

You're going to need to bend your arms and shrug your shoulders. The bar is going to be coming up further than your hips.
>>
>>38274105
Smoothies are typically calorie bombs with terrible macros.

>What do I do about fruit
Find what fits your macros and eat that. For me it's 2x banana and 100g grapes.
>>
>>38274128
so it's not exactly the same technique for the power clean you nigger
>>
>>38274138

What the fuck kind of power cleans have you been doing?
>>
So, it's my understanding that if you were to hop on steroids, then hop off, you would lose all the strength and size gains your body naturally couldn't support.

So couldn't you literally just (as an intermediate lifter) take test for like, 4-6 months, then never do it again, and have achieved your natty limit?
>>
>>38274236

You're not going to achieve your theoretical limit in 4-6 months unless you're running some crazy dosages.
>>
Bit of a novice but been lifting for a few months, is it normal fory deadlift to be at only 90kg x5 but squats at 110kg x5? Both with proper form

Short legs but long torso
>>
Does eating before bed matter? I have tried Google but the results are split down the middle and there's no definitive or credible source that I could find. Pls.halp
>>
I'm currently on 1ML of 250mg/mL Test-E every 3 days, with 50mg of Dianabol every day starting next week for the next 45 days of my cycle.

I'm doing well, but want to up the gains, so I wanna know what you guys suggest adding to my next order to push the limits a bit harder.

I would normally just google this, but consider I'm starting halfway through my cycle I figured it was worth an ask here instead.

I'm considering Tren, but pretty much anything is available to me.
>>
>>38274368
no
>>
>>38272180
Not a question.
>>
how much is a pl8
>>
File: asdasdasd.png (281KB, 685x609px) Image search: [Google]
asdasdasd.png
281KB, 685x609px
>>38272121
Does this mean fitsticky.com and/or trappy are coming back?
Last I checked the site was outright closed, now this
>>
>>38272121
Does somebody have /fit/'s Greyskull routine?
>>
What are you actually supposed to do with this machine?
>>
File: Greyskull+LP.png (37KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
Greyskull+LP.png
37KB, 700x600px
>>38274574
>>
>>38274583
thanks m8o
>>
lower back pain with squats/deadlifts and similar, dyel, anyone can recommended me some exercises?
>>
>>38274134
Really?
Mine are typically less than 100 cal. Then again I use water.
>>
>>38274592
Back raises are good but more importantly: Learn how to hip hinge, you're probably not squatting/DLing properly because you dont hinge at the hip and instead just snap your spine.
Learn to hinge->lower weight->properly work your way back up.
>>
I can't remember what the name the roid users used to give themselves is, it used to be in the name of the steroid generals, something to do with fraud or something, it was a play on words relating to natural lifters.

It's killing me that I can't remember, I want to use it as my Database table keyword instead of the more obvious "steroids" in case someone goes looking, or I'm looking when someone else is around.

Cheers
>>
>>38274592
do them properly

>>38274577
looks weird. if you could lower it enough id assume it was for calf raises probably

>>38274549
1pl8 refers to one 20kg plate each side of the bar (since you wouldn't have just one plate on one side). so (2x20kg plates) + 20kg bar = 60kg

>>38274428
infer the question

>>38274368
the prudent thing to do would be to avoid bigger meals before bed.

i'm not that familiar with the research but as i'm aware theres possible problems with some hormone manipulation before a long period of inactivity and also the problem with gravity aiding digestion can lead to acid reflux. or something.

>>38274314
if that's the case, they're not both proper form.

unless you're very overweight and find it difficult to get into starting position for DLs

>>38274236
theoretically in terms of mass, yes (assuming you do the required levels of activity + maintenance to support this natty level afterwards).

>>38274072
squats and push press
>>
Does anybody have good picture of female gains progress?

So much of what I find is women who have lost fat and gained a little muscle.
I'm more looking for pictures of women going from skinny/average to muscular.

Not a fetish thing. Just started lifting under the direction of a bodybuilder friend and want something to look forward to.
>>
why did everyone ignore my thread pals
is it because I'm not eating enough? Do I need to eat more? Is it okay to just repeat the same meals, or am I missing some kind of food group or something
help
>>
>>38274735
I cant see shit from your pic.
Post your macros.
Dont be so needy
>>
>>38274852
I added the oats since I felt like I was ignored because it was still quite low in calories.
Thank you for replying!
>>
I'm doing Greyskull, but I need some extra exercises besides the 3 core lifts. Currently doing Incline bench press, pec flies and dips on the "bench press" day and EZ bar curls, lat raises and facepulls on the "shoulder/back" day.

Do you agree with these additional exercises and how many reps/sets do you recommend since GSPL is all 3x5, but that seems a bit low for curls and dips etc.
>>
>>38274873
You're trying to gain weight I gather.
Calculate your TDEE, and eat 300kcals above that.
You should base your diet on healthy simple foods.
>more meat, fish, eggs
>olive oil and nuts for fats, not much cheese
>complex carbs and lost of fresh veggies (spinach, zucchini, beans, broccoli etc), rice, potatoes, oats
>fruit for the vitamins but dont exceed, it's full of sugar

the fresher and less processed the better
Completely cut off fast food/takeout and sodas. Lots of water
>>
File: 1470958429884.jpg (94KB, 699x757px) Image search: [Google]
1470958429884.jpg
94KB, 699x757px
>>38274873
basically all the shit in here.
what's your routine?
>>
Holy fuck this is amazing.

I started lifting this week and after i finish a routine, it doesn't hurt or anything, i just don't have any strength anymore. Can't even walk properly. The hurting and soreness starts the next day, and it feels amazing. Is this how its gonna be forever?
>>
Is there a website that shows the measurements of target bodies?

E.g. here is a pic of a 6' dude who looks great and here are his arm/chest/leg/waist measurements as well as BF%.
>>
>>38275011
its called DOMs and unfortunately they will occur much less often as you work out more
>>
>>38274945
I'm kind of trying to maintain my weight, but I'm kind of light ( 115 / 120lbs ) so I can't eat a lot more than 1400kcal without gaining -but- I'm trying to add some more protein in..
Alright! That was super helpful, thank you so much!
>>
Tried glute ham raises for the first time yesterday with a bosu ball, and fuck me were they hard.

First my hams/calves cramped up before I even got halfway down, then I had to do negatives and push myself up a bit to finish the movement.

Any tips guys?
>>
sometimes when I get into bench position my hip starts cramping.

what do?
>>
Does jogging burn very many calories? I'd like to start doing a little cardio for overall heart wellness but I'm only at a 300cal surplus and I'd like to not eat too much more due to financial constraints currently.
>>
how many sets and reps of deadlifts should I be doing for the most gains? I currently do 4 sets starting at 12 reps and finishing with 2 or 4.
>>
Reposting from last thread

Looking for the /fit/ comic where a guy is riding his bike and he's looking for a gym. Passes a bunch for yoga, cardiobunnies, etc until he sees a gym that has a sign that says "gym where the only exercise is squats fueled by repressed rage", then rushes inside to sign up

I need it for reasons pls respond
>>
I'm trying to lose 20kg of fat, I'm cutting half of my TDEE, is this too much?
>>
>>38275417
Yes. A 500cal deficit is considered extreme. 250-300 is more average.
>>
>>38275174
Maybe doing them on a hard and stable surface is easier.
>>
>>38273772
I don't understand the problem. You really aren't helpful in the slightest. I guess this is what I should expect from 4chan... I'll just go earlier some day and ask him.
>>
What exercise can replace leg press?
More squats or deadlifts?
>>
>>38272848
work out
>>
Beginner here. Is it ok to so SS while cutting?
>>
>>38273329
do so many fore arm curls that you powderise your wrists
>>
File: 20160807_123105.jpg (4MB, 4128x3096px) Image search: [Google]
20160807_123105.jpg
4MB, 4128x3096px
My doctor told me that I should avoid doing lower-body exercises, like squats, because of overloaded muscles around my calves/shins.

Can anyone provide me with some information about the kind of routine I can do, like 3-4 times a week? Do I just do a upper body split with higher volume?

Any help is appreciated brehs, an injury is not going to stop me from making it.
>>
>>38275110
There was a glute/legs centric SS variation by trappy.
If ask around you should find it.
Might be good if you're really a grill
>>
is jason blaha's 5x5 good or a meme?
>>
>>38272121

I've recently gotten into /fit/ and I'm thinking about lifting. I've been thin as fuck all my life, but I currently weigh 160 pounds. Also, I'm thinking about GOMAD, but all I see are people just getting fat, so I'm thinking it's not even worth it. Lifting every day is fine enough correct?
>>
File: IMG-20160720-WA0023.jpg (202KB, 1600x898px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160720-WA0023.jpg
202KB, 1600x898px
My doctor told me that I should avoid doing lower-body exercises, like squats, because of overloaded muscles around my calves/shins.

Can anyone provide me with some information about the kind of routine I can do, like 3-4 times a week? Do I just do a upper body split with higher volume?

Any help is appreciated brehs, an injury is not going to stop me from making it.
>>
I have a twinge in my shoulder and I'm freaking out thinking I've done some sort of damage. I've been going pretty hard at the gym but I've been making sure to get 8 hours of sleep. Should I just take a couple days off to be on the safe side
>>
Is there a way to disinfect shit, or is it inherently dirty? Like, If I poop into a pail of isopropyl alcohol, will that make the shit clean? If I put bleach on dogshit, will that make it clean? How about the microwave, etc.?

Also, I have a new part-time delivery job which involves a fair bit of bicycling in the morning before I report to my office job. Will that mess with my SL progress?
>>
So I'm the kind of fag who wants to keep excel docs of my shit now when I'm going to start working out to track my weight gain. I would like to believe that some sort of trendline is important if I'm going to weigh myself every day the first thing I do after taking a shit. The catch is that there are several trendlines, exponential, logarithmic etc.

Which one suits weight gain the best?
>>
My left anterior deltoid gets used when I incline/reverse grip bench, while the upper chest on that side seems to get no use.
Anyone have any resources that I could use/read to correct this?
>>
How is this routine? Is there anything I'm majorly lacking?
ABxABxABx...
A
Squats
Bench
Triceps work

B
Power cleans
OHP
Bicep work

I'm doing a 5x5 for everything and so far close grip bench and over head triceps extensions for tris, and hammer grip pull ups and barbell curls for bis.
>>
What's a good way to tell my mother she's fat without fat shaming her? I don't want to hurt my SJW mom's feelings.
>>
>>38276573
"Hey mom, you're fat. You should eat less."
>>
>>38274583
>>38274591
Is this somehow better than Phraks GSPL?
>>
I'm on a linear progression and I'm gonna have to skip next week. How should I behave? Use the same weights as the week before, increase it only one time, two times?
>>
File: MachineBars_lg[1].jpg (34KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
MachineBars_lg[1].jpg
34KB, 400x400px
which handle do y'all use for seated cable rows? i've always used the "seated row/double d handle" (pic related) but have seen others using random ones
>>
File: 8k8VKy3.jpg (42KB, 859x960px) Image search: [Google]
8k8VKy3.jpg
42KB, 859x960px
>>38275779

Please help, I'm clueless.
>>
>>38273657
as far as i know plain tea is 0 cal,without sugar of couse
>>
when are you supposed to have your protein drink?just bought my first pack of whey and i dont get it

i do swimming for weight loss mainly ,im a bit fat still
>>
>>38272121
Is keeping the length of a workout between 1-1.5 hours long due to potential loss of testosterone otherwise a myth?
>>
I hurt my lower back while squatting ~15 minutes ago, been icing it, when else should I do. It hurts p bad, boys, like very sharp pain, took advil, what do pls
>>
>>38277128
literally whenever
>>
File: 2.jpg (101KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
101KB, 640x960px
Thin guy, 170m 59kg. Easy sprinter turned to 10km running. Tried 5x5 for 2.5 months, started with 10kg on bar, raised to 40. After 2.5months i got constant exhaustion, no strength, overall feeling like shit. Waited a few weeks, repeated, same results. I never lowered reps or sets, what can I do not to get burned out again at gym?
>>
File: mealplan.png (188KB, 1635x856px) Image search: [Google]
mealplan.png
188KB, 1635x856px
How can I improve this?
>>
>>38277328
Did you increase your calorie intake and protein intake on account of you lifting? Did you sleep 8h+ per night? Did you have blood-work done (iron okay? thyroid hormones good? testosterone good?)
>>
Can some one tell me how I sould increment weights on Coolcicada's PPL routine? I'm coming from SL. Also, are there any other better PPL routines?
>>
>>38275584
if you had read the sticky as much as you claim you have, you would be following one of its programs. If you were following a program, you'd have a resource for exercises.

It's not hard.
>>
If I have a home gym, should I just get a flat bench for my cage? Or try to get an adjustable one for more money?
>>
>>38275762
GOMAD is only viable to hungry skeletons, you should lean bulk.

>>38276150
I wouldn't advise weighing yourself every day. Since there are so many factors in how your weight varies day by day all you might do is freak yourself out that you aren't making progress.

Try once a week.

>>38276555
A major lack of Deadlifts here. Why not just do SS?

>>38277154
sounds like bullshit to me

>>38277390
Cut out sugar, don't have an excessive amount of brown rice. Also I'm pretty sure that brown rice nutrition is bullshit. almost 2k calories for 3 cups?
>>
File: 346756896709.jpg (528KB, 1772x1756px) Image search: [Google]
346756896709.jpg
528KB, 1772x1756px
I've been cutting for 5 months now and I plan to continue until i'm around 205 (Started at 255).

My question is: Will my metabolism be all kinds of fucked up? If so, what steps can I take to mitigate?
>>
File: bike.jpg (166KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
bike.jpg
166KB, 1000x667px
yesterday I did skwats & deadlifts

today I rode my bike (hilly terrain)

my routine says I should squat tomorrow

question - would that be too much legs 3 days in a row? or is biking not really a "leg" workout but just cardio?
>>
>>38277857

What is your body telling you?
>>
>>38277873
well I just got done biking like 20 mins ago so my legs are a bit achey but I'll see how they feel tomorrow am - I suspect they'll feel fine
>>
>>38277886

Determining what is too much and/or too little varies person to person. The best you can do is to test your endurance and listen to your body. You'll know when you've hit your limit.
>>
>>38277854
your body will adjust. Just get fit.
>>
>>38277854
once you reach your goal, eat at maintenance for two weeks before bulking or cutting.
>>
Is buttwink actually that bad? what causes it? I read hamstring mobility but I also read that's bullshit.
>>
>>38277959

okay, that seems reasonable. I was asking cos some brofessor told me that I need to take a (((post-cut metabolism stack))) or else i'll just get fat and lose my glorious cuts
>>
I'm looking to get into roids, what's a list of stuff I should know before I start? Like how to pin and where, pct, ect...
>>
>>38277996

Look for /fraud/ in the catalog, famalam.
>>
>>38277993
nah that's bullshit. It is true that your metabolism changes since you're basically in a sate of never storing energy, but all it takes is that maintenance to "reset" your body. If you're in a hurry it can feel like forever.
>>
I've been stagnating for a while (1,81 m, 79 kg) on a linear progression with too many accessories. I wasn't eating enough. I now eat enough and want to try to progress linearily as long as possible. My stats are shit:

50/75/97,5/120 (all kg and 3*5)

I read GSLP and didn't find on how to implement excercises and don't want to do chinups everyday. So how is this:

M:
Bench/OHP 2*5/1*5+
Squat 2*5/1*5+
Pull-Ups (40 in as little sets as possible, starting with sets of 5, 1 min rest)
Cable Crunches 3*15
Calf raises 3*25

M:
Bench/OHP 2*5/1*5+
Deadlift 1*5+
Chin-Ups (40 in as little sets as possible, starting with sets of 5, 1 min rest)
Cable Crunches 3*15
Calf raises 3*25

F:
Bench/OHP 2*5/1*5+
Squat 2*5/1*5+
Neutral Grip Pull-Ups (40 in as little sets as possible, starting with sets of 5, 1 min rest)
Cable Crunches 3*15
Calf raises 3*25

Is this enough or do I need arm isolation or something else?

Also, I wouldn't want to deload every time I don't get 3*5 and give myself at least two tries before deloading.
>>
>>38278028

Hard to tell with that dark clothing but at 5'6 you don't want to get down too low. 115 minimum.

Judging by your lack of ass though, maybe weight loss isn't all you should be worrying about. Mix in some squats and your weight will be less of an issue.
>>
File: 654531.jpg (28KB, 244x674px) Image search: [Google]
654531.jpg
28KB, 244x674px
Does running need a rest day?

I lift 4/7 days and currently run 30mins (about 3 mils) 6/7 days. Can I run 7/7 days? Or should I rest?
>>
Help fixing lordosis/anterior pelvic tilt?
>>
>>38278163
I would probably recommend having at least one total rest day, no running or lifting.
>>
>>38278279
Foam rolling and stretching.
>>
>>38272121
How often can I work my legs a week?
>>
Starting from DYEL skele mode (5'9", 142 lbs), what's a reasonable estimate for getting to 1/2/3/4 from

55 lb press
80 lb bench
115 squat
155 didly

and what's a typical body look like that can 1/2/3/4 for 5 reps
>>
Pls help find a routine

I am an absolute beginner, weak as fuck, want to get bigger and stronger.

The routine : can be done at home, doable with a shit back.

I read the sticky and found this
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/luis13.htm
And here what I am thinking to do:

Incline dumbell press
Chin up
Incline db flies
Orn arm db rows
Dips
Incline hammer curls
Db lying raise
Bd lateral raise

> go to the gym
I tried. I am weak as fuck, It's too humiliating to go to the gym like this, I'd be setting myself up for failure.

>no legs
How can I do that safely without going to the gym ? If I get result on my upper I'll be able to go to the gym and do legs.
>>
>>38278421
reasonable estimate in terms of time it would take, I mean
>>
File: 1446061524164.gif (3MB, 262x300px) Image search: [Google]
1446061524164.gif
3MB, 262x300px
>>38278329
Will running 7/7 days hurt my gains? In what other ways can I run the pain of tfw no bf away on the rest day?
>>
I've stalled out losing body fat at 12%. My calories are at 1900 for maintenance. Should I just drop to 1600 and see what happens or will I lose a shit ton of muscle trying to get rid of that 4%?
>>
>>38278434
READ THE STICKY
>>
>>38278463
I would say having absolutely no rest day will hurt you in the long run.
>>
>>38278366
Unless you're on gear, you HAVE to train each muscle group twice a week.

>>38278434
Grow a pair, go to the gym and start with compounds.
You're wasting your time and everyone else's by refusing to do so.

>>38278463
Not gonna make it

>>38278487
literally what?

Why would you lose 'a shitton' of muscle just from a 300 cal deficit?
Also you need to got a lot more aggressive than that to acheive single digit bf%

I really wish that the people who refuse to read the sticky would at least lurk for a bit before posting their idiotic questions.
>>
>>38278487
>1900 maintenance
>1600 cut
1900-1600 = 300 x 7 = 2100
2100/3500 = .6
Pounds needed to loose(x)/.6 = weeks needed to loose x pounds at 300 deficit
????
Profit
>>
>>38278434
I'm gonna add a

suck it up and yeah it's embarrassing that you're a weak twink fuck but how the FUCK else are you going to fix that? Go to the gym god dammit. If you can bench the bar then you're fine, just fucking go. If not, if you eat at a surplus and do the dumbbell shit for even a short period of time, you'll be able to bench the bar in no time. But you can probably bench the bar

like >>38278552 said, you really need to do compounds.

So I mean this out of love anon, go to the god damn gym
>>
Thinking about replacing bicep curls with weighted chin ups. Mass is goal.

Y/N?
>>
>>38278583
Y
>>
>>38278552
How aggressive are your calories on a cut/pics?
>>
>>38278552
Every TDEE calculator says mine should be around 2500, yet I don't lose shit at 1900. Maybe I should up my cardio.
>>
>>38278673
you sure you're not overestimating your activity level?
>>
>>38278057
bump
>>
>>38278591

Much obliged.
>>
>>38278692
Perhaps I am. I'm using Texas method for lifting and doing boxing 3 times a week for about an hour.
>>
>>38278770
what about job?
>>
Working out at home today. Tell me what to do. I feel like changing it up today.

I have a 35 pound backpack , a pullup bar, and a thick foam mattress.
>>
>>38278780
My job requires me to move some heavy things around occasionally, but I am on my feet and walking around 80-90% of the time.
>>
a guy was benching today at the gym

i walked up to him and said 'hey do you mind if i do one set in between yours, same weight'

and he said 'yeah i do mind, i don't want you to bench here, you can set up a bench in the squat rack'

and i said to him 'man but its literally one set and the same weight, but whatever man'

did he have the right to do that?
>>
>>38278978
he doesn't have to share if he doesn't want to, but that was a dickish way of saying it.
>>
>>38278571

>do compounds
Half of these are compounds. I know it's not optimal compared to doing the usual SS/SL but I am ok with progressing slow if I can do it at home.

>how else are you gonna fix that?
Hopefully at home. I tried going to the gym, and failed repeatedly. I paid for a gym membership 5 times in my life, and each time failed to keep showing up, and I am even weaker now than I was at any of those times.
>>
>>38279006
>he doesn't have to share if he doesn't want to,
really?
i think i paid the same as he did? why does he have more rights than me?

The thing is i don't understnad why he doesn't want to share, if its only for 1 set and at the same weight? is he gaining something from sitting on that bench resting and not allowing me to use it?
>>
>>38279035
Yeah, he paid the same as you. So if you don't want to share, you don't have to either. It's pretty simple.

Don't be a sperg.
>>
>>38279056
why would i not want to share? its a public facility, open to all its members.

If i wanted exclusive use of the gym, I would buy a home gym. I wouldn't go to a public gym and start telling people they aren't entitled to use things.

Why would you not share? The gym is a place where everyone is trying to make it. If someone asks to use the same equipment as me, I always just ask 'what weight are you doing' and if its in the same range I share when I rest. Why would you not do this?
>>
>>38279090
>why would i not want to share? its a public facility, open to all its members.

Same for urinals, would you like to share a urinal anon ?
>>
>>38279090
Anon. Stop being a sperg. He didn't want to share because he didn't want to. Get over yourself.
>>
>>38279028
You won't get as strong if you avoid heavy barbell movements. You can still gain a considerable amount of muscle with dumbbells only. However, it will only last you for so long and I think it would be beneficial to do it the right way from the beginning, so you know the form before it gets heavy.
>>
>>38279123
if you stop pissing, why would you stay in the urinal till you need to piss again.
>>38279127
i need a reason.
The only reason I wouldn't share is if someone wanted to substantially change the weight.

Otherwise I would always share. How am I sperg? I think the sperg is someone who tells someone else to waste time loading up a bench in a squat rack because they're too selfish to let someone else work in
>>
>>38279187
>i need a reason.
> How am I sperg?
>>
>>38279187
Suck it up faggot
>>
>>38279210
sorry but it is basic etiquette to share equipment in a gym. I've literally never come across someone who was not cool with sharing.

I am literally flabberghasted that someone has the gall to say 'no', for seemingly no reason.

What reason could he possibly have? If he has no reason then he is literally a prick and nothing more has to be said.
>>
>>38279187
>if you stop pissing, why would you stay in the urinal till you need to piss again.

We would be pissing both at the same time anon
>>
>>38279224
>sorry but it is basic etiquette to share equipment in a gym.
your headcanon is not the gym's rules. You have to respect other people's privacy, which includes using a bench or machine by theirselves.

>I'm literally flabberghasted that someone has the gall to say 'no', for seemingly no reason.
Because you're autistic.

>What reason could he possibly have?
He didn't want you to use it. That's all. Suck it up and move on.
>>
>>38279224
Were you that fucking sheltered as a kid?
Guy said no and didn't wanted to share. So what? Wait for him to finish then do your sets.
>>
>>38279240
no
you stop pissing, flush and i walk in and piss.

you stop benching, rest and i jump on and bench.

I'm sorry lads, but sharing communal equipment in a gym is as basic as putting weights back after you're finished using them or not talking to people whilst they're in the middle of a set.

fyi some other guy on a bench, who was benching 3 plates literally saw this happen and then immediately took a plate off and said ok you can go on
>>
>>38279263
if you want additional privacy start investing in a home gym.
>>38279273
>didn't wanted to share
for what purpose
because he's selfish?
>>
>>38279131

I am okay with not being as strong as I could have been with barbells in the same timeframe.

What's preventing me from learning the form for barbells with small weights later ? Is it a very long process to learn form ?
>>
File: 1428468901898.jpg (70KB, 439x480px) Image search: [Google]
1428468901898.jpg
70KB, 439x480px
>>38279224
>>38279187
>>38279090
>>38279035
>>38278978
>benching at the gym
>all of a sudden the smell of virginity and week-old sweat enters the room
>skinnyfat down syndrome kid walks in, looks at the 3 open benches and stares me down
>"lemme work in on your set"
>tell the autist no, use another one
>"just let me do it, I can bench 2pl8 too"
>clearly weaker than that
>tell him to fuck off to the squat rack
>Autismo is gritting his teeth and making noises
>smell something
>oh god he shit his pants what the fuck
>he runs to the bathroom in a fit of autistic rage
>some guy comes out yelling at the dude about trying to piss in the same urinal as him
>mfw
>>
>>38279283
>no
>you stop pissing, flush and i walk in and piss.

As you start pissing I doubleback and start pissing with you. What do you do now ?
>>
>>38279354
i turn around and piss back at you.
>>38279327
nice fiction.
>>
Will becoming a cheating fraud help me get laid?

Its the only thing missing for me in life, i got hobbies, a part time job with good opportunities to advance, in school working on a degree and i lift
Planning to start a business soon and things are looking good due to connections but i cant focus on it since all i think about is having to fuck and not being able to
>>
>>38279391
>Will X help me get laid?

No. Getting laid is all charisma. I'm a fat piece of shit and I've been with 4 girls.
>>
How slow should my progress be on increasing my max on squat and deadlift, i can DL 130kg for 3 reps, squat 140kg for 3 reps. I started lifting in february and i could barely DL 60kg back then. I weigh 75 kg at the moment.
>>
>>38279418
I must be autistic as fuck because i think im charismatic, i talk to people all day and have no problem connecting to people but getting laid is next to impossible
Why, i dont know but its hard to create interest in girls out of thin air
How does one do this?
>>
I think I might be diabetic. How will this affect my quest in building muscle mass?
>>
>>38279327
actual story
>be ginger beedy-eyed cunt
>be benching
>guy comes over and responsibly asks to work in at the same weight
>literally no skin off my nose
>decide to be a massive prick and inconvenience everyone and say no and then proceed to just rest for another 5 minutes
>guy is like 'ok i mean its not a big a deal but whatever'
>other guy sees how much of a dickhead i am and does the complete opposite
>he literally takes off weights 40kg so that someone can work in with him
>guy who asked does 5 reps
>he helps the guy who let him work on put the weights back on and says 'appreciate it man'
>and then he proceeds to exercise elsewhere
>another five minutes elapse and i decide to give it another go

and yet you fucking ginger beedy-eyed cunts here are defending him

shake my head /fit/
>>
File: 1468890387109.png (279KB, 307x307px) Image search: [Google]
1468890387109.png
279KB, 307x307px
>>38279491
>>38279379
jesus christ man, you're embarrassing yourself.

Just let it go nigga.
>>
>>38279490
Cutting is the problem with diabetes, you just need to eat every 2 hours if you're diabetic. Its no problem and the best cure to keep diabetes symptoms at minimum is healthy lifestyle.
>>
>>38279511
i'm allowed to anonymously vent about it after the fact

I dealed with it in a responsible and adult fashion irl

but it really did my head in i must confess
>>
File: Untitled 2.jpg (35KB, 289x323px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled 2.jpg
35KB, 289x323px
Are those adequate accessories to stronglift ?
>>
>>38279541
yes
>>
i have been doing push pull for 4 months now (doing legs on pull days)
while normies say i have big arms and shit i feel like my arms and my legs are lagging.
i am thinking adding one aesthetic day in between. so it will look like this ppxppex
i am thinking to train bi tri quads and calfs that day. that way i will be training arms and legs 3 times a week.
do you think that would hold me back on my main lifts ?
>>
>>38279541
>>38279551
Shit sorry I noticed I fucked up , The A's accessories should be on B day and vice versa , is it still good ?
>>
>>38279619
i'm a bit iffy about doing chinups nad curls at the same time
>>
File: 1456002503384.jpg (80KB, 500x359px) Image search: [Google]
1456002503384.jpg
80KB, 500x359px
>>38279629
Well I really want to develop my lats and not my biceps with the chin-ups , I Dyel-Guessed that since my biceps will be btfo from droing curl the lats will takeover to finish the jobs .
>>
>>38279704
pullups + negatives instead?
>>
what do/did you guys put in your mega shakes to gain weight?

ive realised peanut butter is fucking nasty, and putting any amount of olive oil in really overpowers everything else
>>
>>38279718
Should I swap both chinups for pullups or only one of them ?
>>
>>38279732
one
>>
>>38279731
Are you buying Pure peanut butter ?
I swear some shit brand like skippy are almost inedible thanks to all the sugar .
Try crushing and adding almonds , they're like peanuts but better .
>>
alright how do I use my abs on squats and deadlifts? also on OHP
I thought it was just inhaling with your guts and kinda flexing the abs and then performing the lift
>>
My brother is starting high school and lifting weights for basketball. He's a 6'1 skelly and wants to take my creatine. I told him he can start taking creatine once he can bench 135 when right now he's at 65. I'm hesitant because a) i'm a cheap bastard and b) i can't see it having an impact on his performance when he's moving such babby weight.

Also now that i think of it why is he so weak? He benches 65 lbs for 5 reps and when i first walked into the gym at his age i could do 100. Is it because I'm 5'8 and more of a stocky build?
>>
File: Untitled 1.jpg (7KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled 1.jpg
7KB, 200x200px
>>38279740
thanks famaladingdam.
>>
>>38279756
Man you get a year worth of creatine for 13$
>>
>>38279745
im not a fan of the nutty taste 2bh. dont want to have to activate them all before crushing them anyway, too time consuming
>>
>>38279777
Non-fat free greek yogurt could to the trick if you want to add edible calories .
>>
>>38279788
>>38279777
and the proton are better in yogurt than in almond/pb
>>
>>38279788
>>38279796
i shall try this, the taste may be more tolerable

although the calories are of more importance since im puttin 2 scoops in anyway
>>
>>38276555
>>38277792
I'm not doing deads cause I can already dead lift all the weight I own and don't want to buy more rubber plates just to advance on dead lift. What muscles specifically do deads hit that everything else doesn't? I'm probably just gonna stick with it cause I rolled trips desu
>>
>>38279813
I france I can get 1 Kg of Fat-free 49 Kcals/4.8Carb/7.7Proton/100g for 1.30€ ,IT's top tier cutting food , I guess the Non Fat free one cost even less and then it become a God tier Bulking food .
>>
File: Cheese-Deli14.jpg (48KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
Cheese-Deli14.jpg
48KB, 600x400px
>>38279788
>Non-fat free greek yogurt
watch for the added sugar in non-fat products, especially dairy

fat creates taste and when it's removed, the food companies manufacture taste, often by adding sugar

if eating clean and lifting, eating regular fat dairy is preferred - way less processed
>>
>>38279824
Its effectiveness isn't so much in what muscles it hits so much as how many it employs simultaneously, and in what way. The body is a system and it responds better to stress when it's stressed as a system.

All the best exercises stress most of or a very large part of the whole body as a single unit.
>>
How much digitalis is enough to kill you and is it possible for it to get into your system through your eyes?
Because, i just got a load of digitalis seeds in my eyes.
>>
>>38279846
Anon , I said NON-fat free :^)
>>
For SS, can I replace the daily accessories with other exercises, or will that mess up the routine?

Example: Doing some extra chest/tri work on the bench days.
>>
>>38279911
SS is just a beginner strength training routine breh.

You can add some auxiliary & assistance exercises but don't go crazy with dumb isolation crap or machines.
>>
>>38279940
>auxiliary & assistance exercises

What're those? Yesterday I added incline dumbbell press and low cable chest fly, I guess to be more rounded - but I have no idea what I'm doing honestly.
>>
>>38279863
Thank you. I'll keep it in mind and try to work them in occasionally. At least until I buy more plates. Right now the max I can lift (own) is 250 lbs and it's almost not worth doing over and over.
>>
>>38276974
Bumpo
>>
File: phraks.jpg (81KB, 547x465px) Image search: [Google]
phraks.jpg
81KB, 547x465px
Doing pic related, accidentally messed up on bench and instead of doing 50kg I somehow did 55kg, got 5,5,10. Should I progress as if this was my normal weight or what?
>>
>>38280287
seems fine to me, progress as normal dude
>>
>>38279612
pls respont
>>
1. Is the T-bar row a good substitute for the barbell row? Or are they completely different?

2. Have you guys gained strength during a cut? I've been lifting for close to a year but only started doing compound exercises a month or two ago. I've bulked too hard and thus wanna do a short cut (~1month) but at the same time I'm nowhere near 1/2/3/4 so unsure how far cutting will set me back strength wise.
>>
How do you guys deal with Acne?

I've been washing my face every day and using rubbing alcohol / soap / bodywash you name it.

I recently turned 18 and I am still getting it quite badly sometimes.

I also wash my pillow covers / pillows.

Any miracle solution that has worked for you guys?
>>
Been cutting last few weeks, im 500 kcal under what i am supposed to eat i just finished my dinner, and i usually go to sleep in an hour.

Is there any harm in just not eating the extra food? I have been doing IF aka not eating till later in the afternoon so i wasn't really hungry all day, and only prepared dinner an hour ago which had 800 kcal in it.
>>
>>38280346
:(
>>
So I know that low carb diets are pretty popular these days but what about NO carb? I've been trying out eating ONLY meat for the past couple of days and I feel pretty good. Anybody else ever try anything similar long term?
>>
>>38280496
for me drinking more water helped a lot

count yer cups of water boyo
>>
if /fit/ talks about reaching 1/2/3/4 plate in all major lifts, does that mean 1RM or multiple reps?
>>
>>38281000
5 reps
>>
My equipment is in an unheated, uninsulated garage, and winter gets to subzero around here. What should I do for the winter months?
>>
Just starting eating clean with a proper diet. I'm shitting constantly and I've lost about 11 pounds in the last ~two weeks. How long does this last? It's fine when I'm home but when I'm at work it feels like i'm dying.
>>
>>38280570
Yes, your body needs that food for recovery. Don't cut anymore than you have to.
>>
>>38280927
Keto is no carb. It's very popular for rapid weight-loss.

>>38281122
have you considered putting insulation in the garage?
>>
Should my back be sore after a properly executed deadlift? I don't mean like tweaked-my-back pain, but more of an overall muscle soreness.
>>
>>38281159
Are you cutting? Bulking? What constitutes "a healthy diet"?
>>
>>38281380

Yea shit I realized after posting I left a lot of details out. Currently bulking, I guess "healthy" would be I stopped eating fast food and other similarly related foods, only drinking water/protein shakes. Been eating chicken/rice/tuna/vegetables/oats/nuts shit you would expect in a newbie diet.
>>
>>38272806
try benching more than once a week. I bench 2-3 times a week and OHP once a week and it's helped me a ton. start with benching twice and see how it goes
>>
>>38272121
I had two wisdom teeth removed Tuesday. The swelling is minimal now, but I still taste blood every once in a while. I got some extra strength ibuprofen and some hydro which is kind of cool.
Anyways, is it safe for me to lift?
>>
>>38281512
Wait a whole week before lifting. That shit can reopen with mouth strain (even just heavy breathing) and trust me, you do not what to have lots of gum bleeding when you're out in public.
>>
>>38281542
damn thanks. I thought the increased pressure might fuck me up.
>>
>>38280465
Pls someone reply
>>
>>38281664
>>38280465
If you're try to cut immediately after bulking you're gonna be fucked. Maintenance is necessary after weight change.
>>
>>38281696
Maintenence for how long?
>>
>>38281706
most people recommend two weeks.
>>
>>38279865
Okay just for future reference, one seedpod to the eyes is enough to need to take a trip to the hospital.
>>
>>38275779
Bump, help please!
>>
>>38272270
Lose it slowly and you'll be fine.
>>
been cutting and I start to see a 4pack when I flex, I seem to have just a bit of fat on my lower stomach but then there's a lot of it on my love handles

how fucked am I? if I didnt have the lovehandles I would aslready look lean but they just add a fatty look and make me look like I have wide hips
my stomach barely has fat and currently at 72kg at 176-177cm
>>
I had a blood test and had my dr check my testosterone. but the lap resulted posted online dont seem to match up with what i'm seeing online and how it's measured. It says this:

TSH 2.001

T4,Free(Direct) 1.1

anyone know what this means? it says nothing else. i got a call from the nurse saying everything checked out fine in the bloodwork, so my initial guess was that this meant I was within the average, but the numbers seem low.
>>
so 100 gram oats 389 calories in it.
how many of those calories that can be used by the body ?
i mean do they calculate the calories of cellulose too ?
>>
File: SFS_SP.png (899KB, 828x1270px) Image search: [Google]
SFS_SP.png
899KB, 828x1270px
Does anyone have a download link or a source for Anthony Mychal's "The Skinny Fat Solution"?

I got some part of it off scribd but I want to get the whole pack without putting 47 or 97 dollaroos on the table.
>>
File: kaizen-ephedrine-8mg.jpg (34KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
kaizen-ephedrine-8mg.jpg
34KB, 400x400px
I'm currently taking 24mg Eph HCL 3x day but it's not as effective as I'd like, as I still get hungry. Should I up the dosage to 32mg, or 40mg 3x day?
>>
Should my back be sore after a properly executed deadlift?? I don't mean like tweaked-my-back pain, but more of an overall muscle soreness.
>>
Starting my first bulk after collecting my noobgains while cutting to get abs for this summer. (it worked)
Stats are 100/155/185/230x5
What numbers should I be shooting for if I plan on dirty bulking for at least 6 months? Would 135/200/265/315x5 be reasonable.
>>
Been lifting a bit. Currently at 135 bench and 175 squat. If I focus purely on strength gain, what numbers can I reach by June?
>>
>>38282641
Are you retarded? Why didn't you make EC Stack? Take 200mg of caffeine with every 25mg Ephedrine dosage you take. The appetite suppressing as well as the thermogenic effect will be improved noticeably.
>>
Can I front squat instead of back squat while on a novice program?
Not super interested in powerlifting, more so interested in strongman type training, bodyweight and oly lifting once I can get help.
Not to mention that learning the proper low bar back squat is hard, because I'm stupid and can't seem to get it right, or get any tips where I train.
I'll get it down eventually though.
>>
File: lalalalallalaaaaaa.jpg (25KB, 500x344px) Image search: [Google]
lalalalallalaaaaaa.jpg
25KB, 500x344px
>>38272121
>Dad is 45 with a full head of hair
>The males on my mothers side of the family all have full heads of hair and in their 40's
>Grandfather on mothers side is pretty much bald but he's also in his 70's

Am I safe for taking creatine?

I mean, when I hit 21 my hairline definitely receded a bit near the temples but apparently that's normal and my hair didn't thin out or anything like that. At 23 my hair is still in good shape so should I be safe?

I just want to get bigger but I'm terrified of going bald because I'm already ugly as it is and can't grow a beard.
>>
Should I eat at the fast food restaurant I work at?
>>
File: Greek-Yogurt[1].jpg (25KB, 650x400px) Image search: [Google]
Greek-Yogurt[1].jpg
25KB, 650x400px
Are the carbs gathered from greek yogurt considered complex? What about non-fat milk?
>>
>>38274142
well, my question is related to this part

https://youtu.be/wIB_X2N6020?t=977

because you don't do an arm pull during the power clean, according to mark
so because I'm doing a high pull, should I ADD this step?
and why the fuck mark does it differently than the USA weightlifting? how many athletes did mark put in the olympics?
>>
how bad is smoking one cig a day?
>>
>>38283801
yes
>>
Why do I look my best a week after I stop cutting?
>>
Is there anything wrong with deadlifting in a smith machine ?
>>
>>38283881
yes terrible bar path unless you are going stiff-legged
>>
>>38283841
Body is no longer experiencing the effect of catabolism. Working out and eating normally put you into an anabolic state of muscle building and neutrality between recovery and growth allowing you to be "fuller" in terms of size and definition
>>
File: 1470791001810.jpg (63KB, 950x633px) Image search: [Google]
1470791001810.jpg
63KB, 950x633px
Don't have a phone until monday and I don't have excel on my current PC, any good sites to track calories/macros? Tried myfitnesspal's site but they don't let you fine tune your food's values without paying for premium. What can I use for the time being? Worst case scenario I just use the ole paper and pen but if there is a better alternative I'd like to try it.
>>
>>38283881
Not the same person, but is it bad if I do squats on the smith machine?
>>
How often is ok to have a cheat meal and how many calories?
>>
File: 1306428720501s.jpg (2KB, 100x126px) Image search: [Google]
1306428720501s.jpg
2KB, 100x126px
What are some high-calorie foods that can help me reach my macros?
Preferably on the cheap end that I can buy in bulk
>>
>>38284148
on a bulk: every day

on a cut: never
>>
>>38284173

NUTS
>>
>>38272121
I think I might have gone to snap city today.

It's not painful, but I felt like a part of my lower left back gave out earlier while I was walking the bar back into the rack after a very difficult squat. Then it felt sore in that spot through the rest of my workout, so I did one more squat and some core work and left.

I've heard that the pain can be delayed. Am I fucked?
>>
Did my coach drug me? Last october i weighed about 120 when i joined wrestling and after the season was over arouns februrary i started working out. Immeadiatley i went from 120 to 148 in about 2 months, is that natural for beginners or did he secretly roid me? Everyone keeps asking "what did you takr bro" , even the girls ask "you on roids?" I know some of them are joking but i dont even know how i did it myself. Also i dont think its much fat, my bf % went from 8 to 9
>>
>>38284315
Yes. He did. Obviously
>>
Are mactruck and rich friends? I thought they had beef. please enlighten me
>>
>>38283358
Bumping to re up on this
>>
File: 1470983275745.png (615KB, 691x951px) Image search: [Google]
1470983275745.png
615KB, 691x951px
Currently 5'10 and I weigh 151lbs, trying to bulk at a tdee of 2900. What's a good macro ratio for me? Currently considering 30/35/35 which would put me at 217g of protein, 113g of fat and 253g of carbs. Since I obviously won't need 217g of protein should I adjust my ratios? If so by how much? Any help would be appreciated.
>>
>>38272298
If you keep to your cut, it will just be a blip on the radar after a week.
>>
>>38272992
About tree fiddy.
>>
If I'm kinda chubby but also have been lifting on/off for a while, should I bulk then cut or cut the bulk?
>very self conscious pls no bully
>>
>>38273427
lmgtfy
>>
>>38284173
Peanut butter. Cheapo bags of mixed nuts from Walmart. Some of the frozen things in dollar stores.
Olive oil shots.

Sugar. Sodas. Oats with a fuckload of brown sugar. Canned condensed cream or whatever.
>>
My hips sway side to side on the back squat.
Tips? Sometimes it's just to the left.
>>
>>38273834
Greater satiety.
>>
File: 1466632367499.gif (2MB, 450x428px) Image search: [Google]
1466632367499.gif
2MB, 450x428px
>>38284620

>sodas
>>
http://scoobysworkshop.com/gain-muscle-lose-fat/
Is this true or a meme? I thought you had to follow the cut/bulk cycle
>>
>>38275714
It's not ideal, but noob gains will carry you for a few months, depending on how much fat you have.
>>
>>38281365
>Keto is no carb
Keto is short for ketosis. Some people reach ketosis with as many as 100g of carbs/day. Most under 50g. Everyone under 20g.
>>
>>38281377
>should
If it's not sore, that doesn't mean you did something wrong. Mine usually is.
>>
>>38281696
>If you're try to cut immediately after bulking you're gonna be fucked.
How exactly?
>>
File: 20130114_130655.jpg (301KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
20130114_130655.jpg
301KB, 1200x1600px
>>38283604
>sugar
Not complex.
>>
>>38273439
Ask a doc famalam
>>
I'm 5'7"

I "started" my weight loss in February when I weighed 207lbs, got down to 194 in 2 weeks but looked exactly the same. I did this with just counting calories, so I lost motivation and told myself I'd wait until I got back into the gym to get serious.

Fast forward to two weeks ago and I'm still at 196lbs, join gym, jog, and count calories. Keep this up for a week and a half and down to 188lbs, but still look exactly the same as when I was 207lbs.

What gives?
>>
>>38284911
Something called loose skin?

Also, weight loss is not relative to fat loss nor to aesthetics for that matter.
>>
File: 1439873707321.jpg (28KB, 307x462px) Image search: [Google]
1439873707321.jpg
28KB, 307x462px
I always have a great chest pump but never have a back pump. What gives, and should I care?

I do ABxCxAB, A is push, B is pull

A
Bench 3x8
Incline DB Bench 3x10
Cable flies 3x12
tris

B
DB Rows 3x10
Lat Pulldowns 3x10
Cable rows 3x11
bis
>>
>>38284927
I don't have fat rolls, so I honestly don't think I'll have problems with loose skin.
>>
>>38275688
Just do squats, leg press is useless

Do deadlifts too
>>
>>38275779
Why did ur doc say these things? Do u have a past injury?
>>
>>38275780
From what?
>>
>>38283656
pls respond
>>
>>38277230
Rest
>>
>>38284129
yes smith machines are gains goblins
>>
>>38284148
IIFYM

never eat more than your allowance
>>
>>38284846
your body adjusts to your diet. Anecdotal example from my own journey:

I was trying to lose weight after months of poor eating and half-dieting. My goal was 1600 cal/day, but I would usually just eat 1200-1400 on average. That's about an 900 cal deficit and way too much, so my body just assumed I was getting fucked and stored everything I didn't burn naturally. So months went on, no weight loss.

Someone suggested I eat at maintenance and try again, this time getting my goal every time. As-if some ancient sorcery, I started losing weight.
>>
>>38284911
Well, you're still pretty overweight. I'm sure if you took comparison pictures you would see a difference, but you need to remember that you lost 20 pounds from all over your body. Weight loss is more noticeable the lighter you are: It ramps up.
>>
>>38283278
Mechanics & muscles worked are different.fronts dont activate posterior chain well
>>
File: 51jveaNkFHL.jpg (35KB, 500x448px) Image search: [Google]
51jveaNkFHL.jpg
35KB, 500x448px
If I experience ab doms when using the wheel with good form, is it a sign that my abs are being worked and will grow?
>>
I'm addicted to sunflower seeds. They keep my gabber happy and busy and they're filling after awhile. Are they bad for you? I read its just oils and fats but are they the "bad" type?

Kill me please
>>
>>38285246
Yeah.
I'm hip thrusting twice a week right now, along with deadlifts. Is it strange to be able to hip thrust 315 3x12 but only diddly 295 1x5?
I'm also interested in GHRs.
>>
>>38285353
Obviously, yes.
>>38285371
No. Just don't eat them all of the time if you want to believe in the anti-nutrient meme.
Good cutting food.
>>
File: 1469998920381.png (55KB, 217x190px) Image search: [Google]
1469998920381.png
55KB, 217x190px
>>38284868
Thanks anon
>>
>>38285133
But going from a bulk to a cut is pretty much the opposite of
>your body adjusts to your diet
Not really seeing how your example applies to my question.
>>
>>38285371
I eat them shells and all. Is that weird? It's great roughage, but every so often I get stabbed in the gums with a shell shard.
>>
File: 1464204527036.jpg (108KB, 845x450px) Image search: [Google]
1464204527036.jpg
108KB, 845x450px
>>38285981
You misunderstand what I'm trying to say. I'm saying that after eating a certain way for a while, your body will adjust to stay that way and aim for that sort of nutrition level.

For example: You're bulking for 3 months, your body expects a surplus diet. All of a sudden you're now eating at a deficit, 1000 calories less than the norm. Your body tries to store all of it since it's still in that mode.

More info
http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/general-philosophies-of-muscle-mass-gain.html
>>
Can mouth breather face be fixed?
>>
>>38272121
just started a 5x5..
My shoulder is starting to hurt when I do bench press... Is this due to improper form? shoulder i swap out OHP and bench with dumbell equivalents?
>>
File: 1471023051527.jpg (313KB, 1534x1085px) Image search: [Google]
1471023051527.jpg
313KB, 1534x1085px
>>38286545
>>
File: oh nice.png (356KB, 415x502px) Image search: [Google]
oh nice.png
356KB, 415x502px
>>38286564
thank you anon, the videos I saw said nothing about a diagonal line... thanks heaps... i wish you all the best in your pursuit of gains
>>
The outside side side of my hand hurts when i bench, why is this.

Why do i look at my feet when i squat
Thread posts: 326
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.