[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/BWG/ - Bodyweight General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 19

File: BWG_PL_Pu_Human_Flag_Pu.webm (1MB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
BWG_PL_Pu_Human_Flag_Pu.webm
1MB, 500x400px
>Why bodyweight?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q69nII2xTXk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2EpAeXXhhE

>List of body weight progressions
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrSHdrkatK5uyy5a7NQWnamKZVNsfUXw4

>Beginner Routine
https://www.reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness/wiki/kb/recommended_routine

>Intro to rings training series
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaKgh2zwFfQ&index=1&list=PLTRvgIev8CN4Q4w_AUTmdZEB4qx2xpGhI

>Youtube Channels
https://www.youtube.com/user/trdic
https://www.youtube.com/user/Calisthenicmovement
https://www.youtube.com/user/FitnessFAQs
https://www.youtube.com/user/bboySaza
https://www.youtube.com/user/Carucyn

Pastebin - http://pastebin.com/4hdf1uaP
GST Foundation - http://pastebin.com/rk1vVJve
>>
Anyone here who can do handstand push ups?
>>
>>38271943
No senpai, not training for that yet.
>>
replying to anon from last dead thread who had a workout:
>30 climbers
>10 pushups
>30 situps
>30 squats
>50 jumping jacks

Just do Foundation, I started auschwitz same as you, it has awesome progress path for us skinnyfags, don't forget to eat more. I started by making 4 slices of bread with shitload of peanut butter that I would force to eat throughout the day, once I hit 200lbs (6'3") I took it out of my diet, but I still maintain my weight.
>>
>>38271943
Yes. I can. What do you want to know?
>>
>>38272821
He probably wants your Picture, senpai.
>>
>>38272893
I'm not very aesthetic...
>>
File: 576da4544144d.jpg (36KB, 755x424px) Image search: [Google]
576da4544144d.jpg
36KB, 755x424px
>>38272903
Shit, neither am I senpai, that's why I stay away from CBT.
>>
>>38272821
webm? or video
>>
>>38272949
How do hos elbows not snap in half?
>>
>>38273030
I don't have any on hand as I normally work out alone. I can only do one or two. It's more about balance than strength. My form is clumsy as well. I also can't go full 90 degree elbows or anything. I could have my gf film me sometime and upload a webm in one of the bwg threads. I stopped practicing my handstands and HSPUs for a bit because I developed mild tendonitis due to what I believe was a vitamin c deficiency and a job as programmer.

If you want tips, I can't really help all that much on the technical side of things. Like I said, it's more about balance. Get to a point where you can hold a freestanding handstand for 10+ seconds without having to walk around on your hands too much. Then start doing 'micro' HSPUs. Like lower yourself maybe an inch. Every session or two increase the depth just a tad to wherever you feel comfortable. If you start to lose balance it means you aren't ready to go that low yet. Reset to your previous depth and try to increase depth next session.

Also, practice handstands all day everyday. If you have some free time, do a couple handstands. It's really important to develop your muscle memory.

Incorporate wall HSPUs into your workout as well. Get into a handstand position with your feet against the wall, belly facing the wall and pretend like you're doing a shoulder press. Form is very important here as it's easy to injure your elbows or wrists if you do it incorrectly. If you can't get good depth, bring your hands out further from the wall and use your chest to assist the push. Keep your elbows in. I can't stress how important it is to pay attention to your elbows here.

Here's a handstand balance tip as well. Keep your fingers splayed out. lean so your center of mass is over the center of your hands and use your fingers to balance. Warning: make sure your wrists are in good enough condition for this or you WILL develop tendonitis and it's not fun to deal with.
>>
>>38273781
Wasn't looking for tips as I can do them myself but good tips anyway.
Just trying to start conversation and get people to share more in this thread :)
>>
I'm trying to incorporate some chinups into my weight training routine but currently I can only do one and then I'm out of commission for about half an hour. Should I try to build up to more by using A. negatives or B. the assisted pullup/dips machine? Which is better and why?
>>
>>38273742
Years of straight arm training to strength the bicep/elbow tendons & connective tissue.
The iron cross is an advanced hold which requires very careful slow training.
While the muscle bellies (biceps, triceps, pecs, quads, etc) recover very quickly (usually only a couple days) Connective tissue requires a much longer time to recovery from intense training.
>>
>>38273796
Shouldn't bent over rows translate into pull ups? I do rows since I don't have a pull up bar.

>>38273742
there's a guy who put videos on youtube with his training for iron cross, took him 4 years

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sd1LjYgIm_4
>>
>>38271382
foundation is bullshit, it takes years to get through progression
overcoming gravity self made routine masterrace
>>
>>38273837
>bullshit because it takes time
so be a fag and do it in a month by doing mastery each workout.
>>
>>38273796
If you can only do one then you should definitely use an easier progression.

Negatives are great as it allow you to directly train the eccentric movement of the chin up meaning that you're engaging all the same muscles. You also want to work on the concentric movement as well so assisted pull ups will work great too. If you have access to one of the resistance bands you can put your feet in and use that to help you do chin ups. You may also want to try getting a lower bar or a smith machine and do underhand grip body weight rows.
A combination of negatives and either assisted chin ups, band chin ups or underhand rows will get you there.
>>
>>38273837
>>38273857
It's not bullshit and it works well for beginners who don't know what to train or how to train.

I personally have never done it as I prefer programs specifically tailored to my goals nor do I recommend it to anyone because of this but I link it because it is often sort after.
>>
>>38273911
>I personally have never done it as I prefer programs specifically tailored to my goals

Foundation is tailored for my goals, not sure what you on about, senpai.
Though I only do 4 excercises from Foundation.
>>
>>38274010
What do you mean you don't know what I'm on about?

I'm just saying it's not tailored to my goals so I've never done it. I'm not saying it won't be tailored to other people's goals.
>>
File: Gym669.jpg (129KB, 319x512px) Image search: [Google]
Gym669.jpg
129KB, 319x512px
>>
still a noob although making progress

can someone make suggestions/changes to this routine? not really going for gymnastcore just trying to stay in shape/be good at moving my own body. its all poorfag home gym stuff too. no barbell. just a shitty set of DBs and a pullup bar

ABCBABC

>A
Close grip pushup 3xf
pullups 3xf
DB curls 3x12
DB press 3x12
Lateral raises 4x10
Close grip pushup 3xf
chin ups 3xf

>B
run 5k for time
ab work
pushup 1xf
pullup 1xf

>C
same as "A" except wide grip pushups instead of close grip
B is basically my off day
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (30KB, 800x480px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
30KB, 800x480px
>>38274869
>mfw it's not a shop
>>
>>38274869
mirin
>>
>>38274985
Id say, dont train every day, rather do AXBXCXX
Also, dont try and go for failure, stay in low reps doing harder variations of each exercise.
You should hit more muscle groups. (check pick for a routine including all of them). This can give you an idea of how to modify your workout.
Keep at it anon <3
>>
>>38275001
>>38275009
>>38274869
>her social accounts names literally say Growth Hormone
>>
>>38274869
Mirin dat bulge
>>
File: full body calisthenics.jpg (2MB, 2481x6600px) Image search: [Google]
full body calisthenics.jpg
2MB, 2481x6600px
>>38275027
P.D. Im dumb.
>>
>>38274985
You forgot writing down your squats, I suppose?
Getting stronger knees from one-legged squatting was one of the most satisfying things for me.
>>
>>38275037
thank you. saved. this should be made into a big ass poster
>>
File: BigMikeP.png (411KB, 335x452px) Image search: [Google]
BigMikeP.png
411KB, 335x452px
>>38271382
Does anyone know if it's true that Big Mike Patton held a dragon flag for almost 24 hours?

What a core, what a man, what a legend..
>>
>>38275066
not really.. i just run :x
>>
>>38275068
sad meme
>>
>>38275083
How is it a meme?
>>
File: gymnast-200x300.jpg (15KB, 200x300px) Image search: [Google]
gymnast-200x300.jpg
15KB, 200x300px
>>38275072
Don't really like being outside myself.
>>38275067
I don't like the progressions offered, I find Foundation has great progression path (rep wise).
>>
>>38274869
become a 400pound gorilla on bodyweight alone.
>>
Haven't seen jackshit about this years olympics in this thread. I am disappointing /bwg/
>>
>>38275171
ugh, I'm posting Olympic gymnasts in each of my replies, also
>2k16
>giving shit about someting unrelated to your life
>>
>>38275068
Just stop
>>
>>38275186
>>2k16
>>giving shit about someting unrelated to your life
What do you mean bro?

>ugh, I'm posting Olympic gymnasts in each of my replies, also
How about some webms of their sets?
>>
>>38275186
Guys here should realize you will only look like an olympic athlete if you train like one right?

Erryday, no life, 4 years or more.
>>
>>38275171
Why do you care about a bunch of losers on steroids
>>
>>38275215
That's the plan, senpai.
Don't take supplements so can't train daily, ABxABxx is my schedule.

Looking forward to finishing Foundation in 2018
>>
>>38275235
how old are you?
>>
I'm doing fullbody 3 time a week and was considering switching to a split so I have more energy to give to each muscle group. Anyone have had success doing that?
>>
File: F201207310804392213411337.jpg (62KB, 550x397px) Image search: [Google]
F201207310804392213411337.jpg
62KB, 550x397px
>>38275242
31, desu
>>
>>38275206
where would one get webms, senpai? not autistic enough to watch Olympics
>>
>>38275250
Actually for me it works the other way, i feel that i can put a lot more effort each day, and just sleep a lot next day to feel 100% the next workout. Also gives more time for muscles to rest.
>>
>>38275255
I think one makes them out of vidoes, kind of like gifs. idk haven't learned it. why you posting picture of ahtletes? You gay senpai?

>>38275255
Late bloomer. Good luck, hope you make it!

>>38275250
We can't say as we dont know your goals or routine
>>
File: gymnastarms.jpg (279KB, 532x800px) Image search: [Google]
gymnastarms.jpg
279KB, 532x800px
>>38275313
Was auschwitz all my life, lived with mom and only male in life was Grandpa, he was a truck driver so strong as fuark, never taught me anything about lifting, though. Started eating 2 years ago, but fucking injuries man, switched to BW, so far so good.

Posting pictures cuz no homo
>>
Been doing BW for 7 months now, with shit diet. Gains are visible, but weight increased very little.

Went from not being able to do a pullup or a dip to 3 sets of 12.

My question: will my traps look like shit if I stick to BW? I'm skinny and tall and don't want my neck to look spaghetti
>>
>>38275346
>but fucking injuries man,
the worst gains goblins out there. Look at them joocy biceps of that gymnast. Holy fuck

>>38275365
Overhead pressing/overhead work is great for trap development, and rowing.
>>
>>38275365
Do neck bridges for neck gains
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fM6wEC1_YoQ

>>38275383
Bent over rows hit my traps hard, not sure what you mean, senpai

>>38275383
yea fuck injuries man, fucked my triceps and achiles tendons, out of commision for 6months, fucked triceps muscle next year, 5months RIP.
Going strong for 3rd month now.
>>
>>38271382
Advice on advancing both pressing and handstand push-ups? My shoulders seem way too tired after Pike push-ups or OHP to practice the other..
>>
>>38275428
do them on different days, senpai
>>
>>38275383
Overhead as in, pike and handstands?
>>
Can ou guys give me some tips on how to relax my muscles and joints aside from simply resting/pausing?

2-3 weeks ago I started doing alot of flexibility & mobility drills as well as bodyweight exercises in addition to my regular weightlifting routine.

Everything is going great and I made some good progress for this short time, but I start to really feel the stress I've put on my body. Nothing serious, but especially my arms and hands feel quite thight and exhausted. I'm forced to take a week off in 10 days anways, so I'll just keep going till then, but especially my hands desperately need something to relax.
>>
Rate my routine please, I do this 3x a week:

Weighted Pistol with a plate
Handstand push up variation
Pull ups/chin ups I switch ever work out
Hollow hold
Hanging leg raise
L sit
Dips
Inverted rows
>>
>>38275428
Two possibilities is having some exercises in between them or reduce volume so you have enough to do both.

>>38275473
Yeah. This routine is fucking great https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eH3bbEIV_Oo&index=17&list=PL0AD31EE49B16F61E

>>38275561
Your posterior chain is feeling very left out ;_;
>>
>>38275642
Can you recommend any exercises to add to my routine?
>>
>>38275727
Arch body hold or super man holds (the opposite of hollow body hold )
Glute ham curls and glute bridge raises. With these 3 you got your glutes, hams and Erector spinae muscles covered
>>
>>38275561
If you have a plate you can always do 1 leg deadlifts. And if you can back extensions or reverse leg lifts on a table or something
>>
>>38275754
Thanks senpai, I appreciate the help
>>
>>38275727
Natural hamstring curls
bridge
>>
File: Alexandra Raisman.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Alexandra Raisman.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>
>>38275774
your welcome. Glad to be of help senpai!
>>
I recently started doing bw with friend instead of going to gym.

He has been doing that for years, he is manlet but really big and strong. I do same routine as him, its:

pull ups
dips
chin ups
push ups

We do all of that in one set almost until failure and with 2-3 min rest between, we do usually 4-5 sets of these. Is this any good?
>>
>>
>>38275917
It's a good base for a beginner but you'd want more variation and eventually move to harder variations and such.
>>
Probably a dumb ass question here. But what is Foundation? I've seen it said here and there. But I'm not sure if it's a regimen, a list of workouts, a fucking picture. No idea. Link or something if necessary. Thank you.
>>
>>38275809
I want a qt to do gymnastics with
>>
>>38275970
How can women even compete?
>>
>>38275983
when should we change routine? Now i can do 10 reps chin and pullups, 20+ dips, and 30+ pushups, my friend can do all that but double reps, even more on pull ups.

I want to learn to do muscle up, every time i try my elbows hurt a lot, im probably not doing it right, and i have some problems with them, they hurt almost every time i do something.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (79KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
79KB, 1920x1080px
Hey /bwg/. Hope you guys are doing well.

I have been /fit/ on and off over the many years, but I always get frustrated and try a new workout or plan, or stop watching what I eat for a month. I have been doing this since 2012 so I have nobody to blame but myself.

I want to get back into lifting, but I figured being able to control my own body is more important right now.

I think I have a number of muscle imbalances or mobility issues or whatever you call them. I'll say I'm healthier than the average person, but I don't want to have all of these weird posture or mobility issues when I'm like 40. I hate being stiff.
--------------------------------
tl;dr I have some questions.

I can't squat. I just fall back when I squat. Any recommendations? Do I just stretch everyday to fix this?

In fact when I sit on the floor, my body has a tendency to "fall back" without support.

I can't lunge correctly, do a runner's stretch, or perform mountain climbers without hurting my knees or hunching either.

Also can you "overtrain" in terms of stretching and bodyweight stuff? If I did 10 push-ups or certain stretches everyday would that be overtraining?

My goal is essentially to have good mobility and balance while losing weight. Any good programs for that stuff? Everytime I look on youtube its always some dude or chick telling me to do super impossible stretches (like the forward splits) to fix my issues.
>>
I do startbodyweight full body 3x a week but I'm starting to stall on chest+shoulders. Can I increase volume and do dips+pushup+hspu every training day instead of only two of them?
>>
File: dunde-145.jpg (243KB, 1050x1573px) Image search: [Google]
dunde-145.jpg
243KB, 1050x1573px
Rate plz. Last work out was 2 weeks ago.
a
-adv tuck planche
-l sit
-back lever
-natural hamstring curls
-hspu grease the groove timer 11mins
0=touched wall so bail
over head mobility tip?

-adv tuck fl

b
alternate in tuck plance pu

[spoiler]
Cant atg squat
Cant put arms straight over head
kill me plz
[/spoiler]
>>
>>38276081
You should stretch very well before you start the pull-ups. Also if you can do 40+ pushups in a set without pausing then it's time for you to start using more variations. And try to get some single legged squats in your routine.
>>
>>38276038
I think it's coach Sommers' foundations<

>>38276081
Generally you move to harder stuff when you reach 3 sets of 8. Your elbows meant to not be flared.<
>>
File: 1470704166686.jpg (442KB, 2480x1754px) Image search: [Google]
1470704166686.jpg
442KB, 2480x1754px
I have a couple questions regarding bodyweight training:
My goals are mainly hypertrophy and doing human flags, planches, etc. I've been lifting for a while but am thinking about making the switch to bodyweight or combine the two.
What's best for a bodyweight routine? Full body 3x a week or a split like Push/Pull and Upper/lower?
>>
>>38276136
Sounds like form is your problem which could be alleviated by slowly making sure you have the correct footing and range of motion you should be able to get rid of the problem. Also stretch and if you have any pain seek a doctor.
>>
>>38276061
In their own gendered category :^)

But they don't even do high bar

>Womens
Floor
Vault
Balance Beam
Uneven Bars

>Mens
Floor
High Bar
Parallel Bars
Pommel Horse
Rings
Vault

Still the Women's gymnastics is still very impressive to watch.

>>38276043
Man I use to do a gymnastics class
15+ qt 16-23 yr old fit girls, myself and a male coach.
All in tight fitting and revealing clothes.
Was 10/10

>>38276081
If you're getting above 20 chin/pull, 40 dips, 50 push ups than it's way too easy. You're starting to train endurance more than strength.
If it hurts stop doing what you're doing.
Start working high pull ups and muscle up negatives.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vk3OuWhoS5Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgNySrgTRkw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fpk1a_PxEw4
>>
>>38273796
>A. negatives
Got me nowhere

>B. the assisted pullup
Got me fast progress. Losing fat helped more probably. I nigger rig a 15 pound resistance band btw. The machines never got me anywhere. Probably my fault.
>>
>>38275970
That is fucking insane
>>
i do pull ups everyday. Is that bad?
>>
>>38276157
Bump.
Can't really find anything on it myself, some input would be greatly appreciated.
>>
I was doing diamond pushups with elevated legs and starting to do pseudoplanches (not perfect of course) and I tried to start easy on one arm pushups, but after some time my left arm wasn't strong enough or something and yesterday I felt pain in my left elbow that still stays, kind of like when you hit it in the funny spot (nerve). Also, when trying to assisted pistol squats my knees hurt a little. Should I stay off one leg/one arm exercises? I have considered it being bad form but I haven't a trainer, just stuff I watch on internet.
>>
>>38276563
At what progression have you stalled?
>>
>>38276157
Nope you cant, its meant to be alternated because you need a balance in pulling and pushing
>>
If I am just starting foundation and I am able to start further along with certain exercises but not others, should I work on all exercises at my lowest level in an attempt to get everything at the same place, or should I just start from where I can for each exersice and progress as normal?
>>
>>38276607
Hspu on ~6 wall handstand pushups and pushups on incline one arm. It seems to me that mainly my shoulders are behind
>>38276635
Thank you

Is there another way to stop stalling? Adding weight to dips/decline pushups?
>>
>>38273836
OHP would translate into pull ups, as well as lat pull downs.
Bent over rows aren't really going to give you a pull up boost, unless you isolate the lats, which is by itself retarded, because pull ups work all the back, shoulder and upper arm area, and not just lats.
>>
>>38276635
>>38276888
If you can do those 3x week without hurting yourself or getting too tired, go right ahead.
Push vs. Pull is BS. In a full body barbell program you scale your lifts individually, would you adjust your bench cause your rows are lacking?
>>
>>38277097
Your advice 100% contradicts his but I guess I'll go with what feels good. I feel like I can handle doing a bit more volume so I guess I'll go with what feels good. Thanks for advice
>>
>>38277198
Fucked up that post lmao. Shouldnt post from mobile
>>
Startbodyweight is absolute shit, every progression becomes an ab exercise at some point.

3x any kind of leg raise
3x belly button pullups
3x renegade pistols
3x legs forward dips
3x some tuck row progression
Plank

In the same workout. Garbage tier program.
>>
>>38277198
Yeah I just wanted to make sure that you got both points of view. If you ask me, if you're advanced enough for these exercises, you're advanced enough to make decisions based on how your body reacts. The program's good, but different things work for different folks.
>>
File: image.jpg (50KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50KB, 640x480px
What kind of weight should you start with if you wanna do weighted pull ups or dips?
>>
>>38277502

The lowest, then increase it every workout until you stall, then focus on increasing that weight, the same as every other exercise.
>>
>>38277502
I went for 3x10 unweighted. After that I dropped to 3x5 with 10 or 15lbs
>>
>>38277514
I'm just curious what kind of weight is good for starting. I'll have to buy plates so I don't want to waste money with plates too big or small for it
>>
>>38276474
i did it before i had any knowledge of working out with pushups and i looked like greek god.
now im doing some reddit tier garbage with warmup, mobility work, skill work, actual strength routine and then stretching which takes like 2 hours + better nutrition and i look like skinnyfat kinefelter shit
>>
>>38272792
If you're still here, or anyone, can you or other anons explain what "Foundation" is? I tried looking it up but didn't find anything so if you can help my sorry ass thenk you.
>>
>>38275263
/sp/ has webms, usually
>>
>>38277620
>i did it before i had any knowledge of working out with pushups and i looked like greek god.
Good to know. I really enjoy working my back and couldn't care less about chest right now. I even have a weight vest for when this fat goes away.
Thread posts: 105
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.