[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 343
Thread images: 39

File: Capture.png (8KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
8KB, 284x177px
Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

Does anyone have any videos of people following a certain routine for like 3 months and showing the results?
>>
What are some good intermediate 2-3 day routines? I won't have that much time the following months due to ball and uni. My goal is to maintain strength levels.
>>
File: Test_test.png (9KB, 697x147px) Image search: [Google]
Test_test.png
9KB, 697x147px
Can you guys help me decipher this? I looked a bit on Google but the ranges confused with inconsistency, also what's with the specimen drawn thing? What's the difference between value and range?
>>
How dumb would this full body split be (week 1 ABA week 2 BAB)

A:
Bench 3x5
Incline Bench 3x8
Rows 5x5
Squats 5x5
Dumbell Curls 3x12
Bodyweight dips to failure

B:
OHP 3x5
Lat Raises 3x12
Lat Pull-downs 5x5
Deadlifts 3x5
Shrugs 3x12
Bodyweight chinups to failure
>>
>>38210917
(note that I have been lifting for 7 months and feel able to handle the volume)
>>
~ how much mascle muss is possible to be gained with a clean bulk diet in a 6 months period?

Is it possible to create a diet on weekly basis and not daily ?
AKA, calculating the calories/Macros needed to be consumed in a week(while being aware the daytime needed for each meal for maximum gains).
Trying to balance meals and split them properly between days(not 10 meals day 1 and 2 meals day 2). So , can that work?
>>
Thoughts on this routine I came up with?

Mon:

Press/Bench 3 x 5
Chins 2 x 6 - 8
Squats 3 x 5

Wednesday:

Bench/Press 3 x 5
Curl 2 x 10 - 15
Deadlife 1 x 5

Friday:

Press/Bench 3 x 5
Chins 6 - 8
Squats 3 x 5

Thinking about adding some Tricep work
>>
Doing stripped SS been adding to it, here's what I have so far. (Not including 3 warm up progression sets), greentext is added

A
Deadlift 3x5
Rows 3x5
OHP 3x5
>Hammer Curls 3x8
>Planks 3x1:45

B
Squats 3x5
Bench 3x5
Chin ups 3 to fail (usually 9-10, 4-5, 1-2)
>Bicep Curls 3x8
>Planks 3x1:45

Is it too much planking, can I add a different kind of plank to B or something?
>>
Has anyone here tried German Volume Training? Is it a good program? Did it work for you?
>>
>>38211368
If you're on drugs it's amazing. Avoid otherwise
>>
Is SS a meme, can I skip it and go straight to PPL. Been lifting for 3 months.
>>
I finally got my bud into the three big lifts
however, we go to some shitty commercial gym that has no squat rack/cage whatsoever
the two only options are to use the one smith machine we have or squat the barbell off a bench
what should we choose and why?
>inb4 change gyms
sadly not an option, it's the only affordable thing around
>>
Would it be good to lift while I'm cutting or should I just focus on losing weight and fixing up my diet first?
>>
help fit a gril is coming over for a movie from another town over, i think she wants the D but not sure, im an autism

whats a good movie for the dicking and how do i not autism?
she arrives in 15 minutes, i will chek thred while pretending to poop
>>
>>38211497

Excercise and high reps with low weight (~70% of ur maximum) can actually help burn a few more calories if ure in a hurry, or if u dont wanna eat very few.
Also, helps keep your muscles toned and hydraded (aka swollen).
>>
im a golden god
>>
>>38211533

Get a movie fro mthe Bourne Series. Especially the one he travels with a girl (Bourne Identity it's the name). They end up together while its an action movie so it would be a surprise for her.
Also just be cool and try not to talk a lot during the movie. If you find a good pun to throw do it but think a lot (u have like 3 seconds before it becomes irrelevant so be sharp).
Ask her a lot about her day and stuff and if she wanna eat and shiet. Also sit close to her not 10km away.
Another thing: DONT GO TO POOP WHILE TEHRE IS A GIRL VISITING U FROM ANOTHER TOWN. MAN THATS REALLY AUTISTIC.
If you see a chance when movie is ending/over go for a kiss. Not earlier coz otherwise (if she not interested) shits gonna be awkward and u gonna sweat.

GL BRO U GONNA MAKE IT.
>>
>>38210224
Update kinda

In other units I've converted it to:
>19.6n mol/L
>6.16 ng/ml
>616 ng/dl
It's all the same thing but different sites use different unit, still finding inconsistency into what I should be at being 24. I'm seeing a range of about 300 (low) and 900 (high)
Does that mean I'm average and fine at 616 or should I be aiming for the highest possible?

Also still the specimen drawn is still confusing me, what does 1045 h mean?

Am I low test guys?
>>
>20yrs
>210lb
>6 foot 2 inches

I want to lose as much weight as possible between now and late December within reason, to then continue with consistency after. (something that's acceptable for my height/age etc)
Any general recommendations? I ask as I don't think I particularly have an unhealthy diet seeing as I never have sodas, rarely do I have alcohol and I avoid processed food as much as possible. For example my lunch might consist of buckwheat, mushrooms, spinach and peppers. My tea will be different to this but again, nothing processed and in moderate quantity I feel. Just to add to that, I don't have bread.

I'm not one to fall for gimmicks but I've heard that things like slimfast can yield some success when used "appropriately" - for breakfast/lunch followed by a typical dinner. Is this just a meme?

I aim for December as I think it's a good milestone, as well as this. I'm going on holiday so it'd be nice to improve as much as possible then.
>>
File: 420.png (60KB, 636x609px) Image search: [Google]
420.png
60KB, 636x609px
So my friend is fat and can't do one pushup. What are some exercises he can start doing to build arm strength?
>>
>>38211847
>Any general recommendations?
weighting myself every morning + spreadsheet masterrace reporting in
>>
>>38211685
Yes
>>
>>38211911
pussy pushups with knees touching flor
or pushups against desk/bed/...
>>
>>38212011
By how much? What source are you going off?
>>
>>38211847
PSMF for a month or two.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=118194401
>>
How many people here started to get /fit/ after some personal loss / breakup? Working out fills the time since my ex went but without some sort of actual goal I feel unmotivated and I'm definitely not doing the best I can.

How do you guys do it?

>>38211911
It's been so long since I had friends over and drank and ate pizza and played SS13 ;-;
>>
File: 16268_l.jpg (22KB, 333x500px) Image search: [Google]
16268_l.jpg
22KB, 333x500px
I've been fixing my diet over the last 6 months and have quit a shit load of stuff.
>Quit smoking
>Quit fastfood
>Quit diet soda
>Quit quick and easy food
>Started buying vegetables
>Started buying fruit
>Started eating it

Already noticed a massive improvement in general attitude and have lost a little weight. I've started a new job which is hard enough to chug water every half an hour and be in a constant sweat, mostly from the enviroment but some from the work as it is lifting and moving steel parts, not heavy but constant movement.

the shift is 4:00pm and goes to 12 midnight but often goes past until 2am or 3am with Fridays being the latest day of the week, always late finish.

I want to fit in a workout somewhere, I'm looking at Stronglifts 5x5. When would be the best time to do it without fatiging myself for the long shift and runining my sleep?

Also, any vitamins or supplements to take with aiding fat-loss and increasing energy? Heard caffine pills do the job.

>Pic related, what I want to lift for.
>>
>>38209505
ss
>>
File: gym_bw.jpg (177KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
gym_bw.jpg
177KB, 1024x682px
I'm doing a 3x5 AxBxAxBx... program and progressing well

at the end of the day, what's the difference between a 3x5 & 5x5 program?

>inb4 hurrdurr 2 sets tardo

I know there's a 2 set difference ... I mean the benefits/cons against each other since both seem to be so popular
>>
>>38212045
I'm super skelly.

I met an old relative a few years back, she's probably over 80, the very first thing she did was feel my non existent muscles then walk off. I was completely shamed but did nothing. An old gf did the same thing. My most recent relationship I started towards it's end and in all honesty it probably contributed to it's end because I was focusing more on diet and exercise than time with her, I wasn't sad about this at all though.

I also work in construction and I'm tired of looking like a fucking runt to every one.

tl;dr
Overwhelming sense of shame being weak.
>>
>>38212092
Not this guy but I want to add in difference of 3x5, 5x5 and 3x8
>>
Anyone have a stream for weightlifting?
>>
File: dinner.jpg (78KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
dinner.jpg
78KB, 600x800px
>>38212111

I'm
>>38212092

and hadn't thought of 3x8 - definitely curious especially if one is better for cutting vs. bulking vs. re-comp, etc.
>>
Could it be a good idea to do scapular pushups, and possibly external rotations daily?
Running a GSLP program right now.
>>
How do I make greek yoghurt taste good?

Tried to eat it with a mix of nuts and seeds but it still sucked, do I need to add fruit?
>>
>>38212266
Don't buy the gross plain stuff?
Add it to some oats or cereal.
>>
>>38211911
Can't do 1 pushup? Get fucked mate. Tell him to do 10 as the bare minimum. It's all in his mind.
>>
>>38212266
put sugar in it

or just fucking get used to it. hedonic treadmill says it'll take a month.
>>
>>38212266
I use fruit but I still hate the texture.
>>
Where can I find a cheap resistance band or two for Facepulls?
>>
How to do stomach vacuums correctly?
Should I breathe while doing them or hold my breath?
>>
What are the best lifters to watch for perfect form?

I'm so tired of watching how to videos
>>
>>38211533
Disney movies. Thank me later. I could go into why they work well, but just trust me.
>>
Been lifting for 2 months

Started Bench at 85lb, bar+20lb each side
Currently at Bar+25lb each side, can barely make it 5x5

What am I doing wrong? I am making literally zero fucking progress on bench, every other lift I am making progress equivalent to my 500kcal cut

Used to do competitive bike racing when I was younger, never did any upperbody strength, and was obese. Assuming this combination along with low T levels have left me in this sorry state, but it is getting embarassing.

I know that lifting whilst on a cut is going to be slow going, but once you've been obese it's hard to eat to gain weight, because I would rather be skinny and weak than fat
>>
>>38212266
Raspberries or blueberries and honey or maple syrup.
>>
>>38212561
Isn't Disney stuff more geared to towards making her a gf?
>>
File: 1440451144656.jpg (50KB, 499x562px) Image search: [Google]
1440451144656.jpg
50KB, 499x562px
How do you get a nice tan on your chest. Never tanned when I was younger and now I just burn. Also when I've recovered I'm just really white and get some looks when I take my shirt off.
>>
>>38212588
You want her to be your girlfriend for a night, don't you? As long as she's seen the movie before it's fine.
>>
>>38212681
>You want her to be your girlfriend for a night
Possible leading on which leads to other avoidable problems, just my take on it.

Not the guy you were orignially replying too
>>
>>38207736
Can someone post an attainable natty body using 1/2/3/4 bodybuilding? Thanks
>>
>>38212461
elitefts, wait for a sale

>>38212539
depends on what you're trying to do. Also need to be aware that their good form may look different than yours if your segment lengths are different from theirs. Filming your own sets is always useful.
This and the rest of the series don't feature anyone special and include a bit of coaching, but are useful regardless (and show a wide variety of anthropometry.). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWRkBH_q_Ag

>>38212579
>competitive bike racing
>was obese
does not compute

Anyway, probably started too heavy and need to fix your form.
>>
What are good work:rest ratios for HIIT? I usually do 2:1 but was wondering if I could make it more effective for fat loss.

Using a heavy bag if that matters.
>>
>>38207736
I got blunt trauma to my dick playing football as a kid, it's crooked and I rarely get full erections.

Is this a valid reason to kill yourself? I haven't been to a urologist due to embarrasment. I had sex once and only got a semi boner, haven't dared any other time despite possibilties of doing so.

This hangs over me like a fucking demon, /fit/. I have never told anyone about this, and I've been suicidal the last 2-3 years due to this shit.
>>
>>38212673
>How do you get a nice tan on your chest.
Go outside without a shirt on. Wear sunblock though skin cancer ain't no joke.
>>
>>38212934
I'd go 1:5-1:7. If you can do 2:1 it's not really HIIT. Heavy bag may not be good, depending on how technically skilled you are. Airdyne and Prowler are best.

>>38213016
>I haven't been to a urologist due to embarrasment
Well, there's your problem. They're urologists, it's their job to look at fucked-up dicks.
>>
>>38213016
It's hard, god knows it can be hard, but go to your urologist or sexual health clinic.
When my ex and I started our relationship she suggested we mutually go and take a full STI panel and let each other pick up the results. It was hard and scary, despite knowing I was clean, but it was great to do in hindsight. It became a common place to go for us (she had some other issues not dissimilar to yours, and also for implanted birth control).

Throughout it all, the staff were this amazing blend of professional but personal. Not once did I ever feel judged, or in the spotlight, or awkward like I was some sort of dirty sexually broken scum. Everyone there was just like me and you, both patients and staff alike, and the process was (bar a blood sample) painless.

Just get down there and do it. They'll see you right and you'll feel like a new man.
>>
File: CaptainAmericaStare.jpg (16KB, 417x242px) Image search: [Google]
CaptainAmericaStare.jpg
16KB, 417x242px
>>38207736
I haven't counted my daily nutritional intake in like three years and I'd like to get back into it as I'm failing my lifts 'cause I'm definitely not getting enough protein. What app is the best nowadays?
>>
>>38212051
Even if I've reached my 1/2/3/4 already? Linear progression kinda stalled. I'm planning to play basketball 2-3 days a week, so that might become kinda difficult.
>>
How many days a week do you have to lift on a cut?
>>
>>38213256
Just started using bulk up! Seems aight so far.
>>
>>38213250
>god knows it can be hard
It can't, though, that's the problem.
>>
Which is better:

>be 123 kcals under your goal of 1800 for the day

>eat a small chocolate bar to be just 13 kcals under
>>
>>38213323
Not available on Android, but thanks for replying.
>>
>>38213329
The latter.
Though I have a hard time believing the chocolate bar is that low calorie.
>>
File: 0__59972_zoom.jpg (80KB, 952x408px) Image search: [Google]
0__59972_zoom.jpg
80KB, 952x408px
>>38213359
Not him but you can get them in the UK at least. They're shit though.
>>
File: chompinfo.jpg (240KB, 1328x747px) Image search: [Google]
chompinfo.jpg
240KB, 1328x747px
>>38213359
I was off by 10 calories.

I also have one that's 95kcals.
>>
>>38211334
Where the FUCK are your deadlifts?
>>
>>38213491
>first thing on the list
>>
>>38213329
>>38213359
>>38213449
Forgot to say, I'm on a perma cut.
>>
>>38213329
NEVERMIND BOYS.

Realised I hadn't hit my protein macro for the day, so I just mixed some unflavoured protons with some water.

First time I've done that - it was vile.
>>
>>38212050
Anybody?
>>
>>38213250
>>38213149
Alright, I'm calling the doc first thing tomorrow. If it's unfixable I'll off myself. I don't know what to tell friends and family though, 'sorry but i had a limp dick'
>>
Is ok to do cardio the same day as lifting? I'm starting SL M/W/F, should I run (5ks) on the same or alternative days?
>>
File: 1461907951147.jpg (864KB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
1461907951147.jpg
864KB, 1280x1707px
I started lifting not too long ago and I've made some improvements with the weight I'm lifting, but I got stagnant and I struggle a lot when I add any more weight.
I'm considering doing another routine that uses less machines, but the instructor said that I should try cutting before I try lifting heavier weights.

How do I go around that? My objective is to gain more muscle mass, but should I continue with the new routine and heavier weights while I have a more lean diet? Will that be enough or I may have some issues while lifting heavier?
>>
That feeling you have for like 5-10 minutes after cumming. You know what I'm talking about.

How do I feel like that normally?
>>
File: current body.png (4MB, 1440x2560px)
current body.png
4MB, 1440x2560px
former skelly here, been bulking pretty hard. currently 172 lbs 6'1
Do I continue bulking, or should I cut away some fat first?

I really want to get strong and big, but I don't want to get fat
>>
How the fuck do I count my calories?
>>
Is semi-intense indoor rock climbing on rest days too much for a natty?
>>
Anyone have thoughts on substituting weighted dips for bench in SS? Good idea or bad idea?
>>
>>38214606
There are phone apps for that
>>
>>38214680
Dips are a better exercise than bench in general but do whatever you want. They're pretty similar.
>>
>>38214701
I downloaded one.
But there's no barcode on a chicken breast to scan.
>>
>>38214734
Some of them have a search function where you can put the food's name and it'll give you an average calorie value depending on its weight
>>
>>38214748
Can you recommend one? Would same me some time.
>>
Should I bulk or cut?

Im 75kg at 5'10"

Been lifting 1 year, estimated ro be 17-19% bf
>>
>>38210917
Throw some front squats on qoekout B and do AXBX repeat.
>>
>>38211220
Switch the bench on Wednesdays for OHP
>>
>>38214753
Fitnesspal

Wolframalpha
>>
>>38214886
Thanks, famalamadindongbro.
>>
>>38214757
bulk until next january at 500-1000kcal over maintenance (only go to 1000 if you are a serious gym goer, like 6 days a week)
>>
>>38214905
>only go to 1000 if you are a serious gym goer, like 6 days a week
Different person here, semi related, I work 8-10 hours/day in construction, plus gym time, should I consider myself a serious gym goer in respect to calories?

I'm breaking a sweat majority of the day
>>
Omar Isuf claims that you should do the maximum number of exercises/sets that you can without affecting recovery. There any merit to this? Seems like most classic bodybuilders would train in 3 super long sessions a week.
>>
>>38214905
No, aim for a 300 calorie surplus always. Your body can put on a max on a half lb a week of lbm under ideal conditions. Going to the gym more will not change this number. If you go to a 1000 calorie surplus you will gain more fat than you will muscle, and as a result you will have to spend a lot more time cutting than you would normally have to. I understand that people are impatient but you'd be fucking yourself over.
>>
>>38214932
have you calorie counted for a day and worked out your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)? a labour intensive job will add a lot to your TDEE on top of gym time, so I think you should account for it, esp. if you're breaking a sweat
>>
File: 1470419997576.jpg (81KB, 800x976px) Image search: [Google]
1470419997576.jpg
81KB, 800x976px
Just read the sticky.
So, if I:
>switch carb-rich foods to protein-rich foods
>jog every morning
>go to gym three times a week and do SS
>get eight hours of sleep every night
>reduce my weekly alcohol intake
and
>masturbate only on weekends
I can expect noticeable fat loss and some muscle gain by next year?
>>
How do I fix a gigantic imbalance in my spinal erectors? My whole back actually pretty much has this issue and it's made it really hard to maintain consistent form on my squats and reads with any real weight.
>>
>>38214558
pls guys
>>
>>38214986
Most likely, but the only way to guarantee it is to track your caloric intake.>>38214987
>>
>>38214974
the higher your surplus, the more prone to fuckups, but there was little to work with in terms of >>38214757 's post. he could be an olympic swimmer or working in a mine 18 hrs a day, or he could be an office slave, who knows. I prescribed a range of surpluses that would account for any kind of job
>>
>>38214981
I count my intake of calories but how do I figure out how many I burn working? Some days it's a lot of standing around or sweeping, generally easy labor. Others I'm moving material/wearing a tool belt and climbing/moving 12ft ladders all day.

I found sites where it breaks down all the activities you can do in construction It's just so diverse in what I do.
>>
>>38215014
if you're entirely unsure, I think there's two methods:

1) test >>38214974 's surplus for a few months, see what your progress is like in terms of muscle vs. fat growth. increase your surplus if need be, or maintain 300.
2) write down the most common labour intensive tasks you do in a week, use one (or multiple) site to determine how many calories you burn with all those tasks put together, and adjust your calorific intake accordingly

if I wasn't an office slave I'd have a better idea of how to account for labour-intensive jobs, I'm afraid those two options are the best I can offer
>>
>>38214993
Lean bulk and work in some cardio.
>>
>>38215056
Thanks, downside is it'll take a month or so of experimentation, tasks change as a job progresses as well. Finishing is easy compared to outside slab work for example.

I leave the floor open, I do electrical work specifically, I know there's some of you on here that do it as well.
>>
>It takes about a year before you gain mild proficiency in something you are learning

Do you agree or disagree /fit/?
>>
>>38207736
I'm doing Starting Strength, and have been for the past few months. I recently moved to a new gym which doesn't have a bar that's shoulder width apart for me to do chin ups. Can I do wide grip pull ups instead? Are they any different, because they seem harder. Also, what sort of workout should I move onto after Starting Strength, and when should I move onto this new regime?
Thank you
>>
i know that fat repartition is uneven but i have a 6pack and fucking love handle is that normal for an ex fattie ?
i can't cut more i am at 60kg atm for 1.73m
>>
I'm starting lifting tomorrow for the first time.

SS or SL?
>>
>>38215270
ss or greyskull
>>
File: image.jpg (95KB, 647x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95KB, 647x1000px
187.5lb 6'3" starting GSLP
Only question is cut, bulk, or maintenance?
>>
>>38215270
If you're starting lifting tomorrow, make sure to remember to do your test lifts first. Do those over the course of a week or so and then start the program.

I'd suggest SS as 3x5 is a lot easier than 5x5.
>>
>>38215252
It's probably obliques, not a love handle.
>>
File: hip_FAI_causes01[1].jpg (97KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
hip_FAI_causes01[1].jpg
97KB, 400x400px
I have a femoroacetabular impingement in my hip (basically my hip is fucked) and my routine includes jogging as part of the program.
Are elliptical or stationary bikes a good replacement? If I have to jog 30 minutes, I just have to use one of those machines during 30 minutes as well?
>>
File: poopfarts.jpg (47KB, 400x356px) Image search: [Google]
poopfarts.jpg
47KB, 400x356px
Should I space out my supplements throughout the day or take them all with breakfast?

-1000mg vitamin C
-500mcg Vitamin B12
-2 Arctic Cod Fish Oil capsules
-Probiotic supplement
-Immune system supplement
-Vitamin D3 and K in the winter/fall
>>
>>38215303

bulk
>>
>>38215362
Cook hip lift. Google it and do that shit, son. Do it hard.
>>
>>38215201
cross out the word "mild" and I would agree.
>>
>>38215366
>k not k2
>"immune system supplement"
>2 fish oil capsules a day, not 1g DHA
>vitamin C because I don't eat vegetables

baka
>>
>>38215435
I put mild in there because I think after a year is where you can begin to actually learn.
>>
>>38215430
I'm totally adding that to my routine now, thanks, but I still need some cardio somewhere.
>>
>>38211467

consider cleaning into front squats

I dont have audio atm so I dont know if this is a good video but this is what I mean: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRhWOtrdpcw&feature=youtu.be&t=60
>>
anyone know the site where i can input diffrent body type stats and get a 3d visual picture of how it looks like?

ex. put in 45cm arms and arms grow on the figure?
>>
how bad is this routine on a cut?
Height: 187cm
weight 88kg
cutting og 2200kcal/day

a/b/c/a/b/c/a

a:
OHP 10x3
rear delt flies 10x3
squat 3x3
stiff leg dead 10x3
calf raises 10x5

b: chest/back

bench 10x3
flies 10x3
dead 3x3
seated row 10x3

c: arms
curl 6x3
fixed curl 6x3
hammer curl 6x3
close grip bench 10x3
dips 6x3
laying tricep extension 10x3
>>
>>38212050

caffeine is a good pre-workout or appetite suppressant

creatine is a good supplement for novice-intermediate lifters

SS and GSLP are both slightly better than SL but honestly any one of them is better than nothing.
>>
>>38207736
I'm thinking of doing Candito's Linear program in a few weeks, specifically the "Power" template. I'm worried about the lack of OHP, though. It's one of my favorite lifts and I'd like to pay SOME attention to aesthetics. Could I replace the Upper Body Control day with the hypertrophy day from the hypertrophy template? So my week would be:

Monday-Heavy Lower Body

Squat 3x6
DL 2x6
Front Squat (way lighter) 3x8
Snatch Grip DL (way lighter) 3x8

Tuesday- Heavy Upper

Bench 3x6
Row 3x6
OHP 1x6
Pullup 1x6
Optional Hammer Curls 3x8
Optional Lat Raise 3x8

Thursday-Power Lower Body

Jump Squats 6x4
Power Clean 6x4

Friday-Hypertrophy Upper Body

Dumbbell Bench 4x8
Incline Bench 4x8
Seated Row 4x8
Lat Pulldown 4x8
OHP 3x10
Hammer Curl 3x10
>>
>>38212050
Don't lift for women.
>>
>>38215801
and for men?
>>
>>38215809
I mean find a better reason, preferably one that doesn't lie on someone's approval.
>>
>>38214459
Nothing?
>>
File: takka.jpg (68KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
takka.jpg
68KB, 600x600px
>>38215459
>k not k2
It is k2. My fingers skipped over the 2. Chill

>"immune system supplement"
Do I need to shill out the exact brand and ingredient list or something?

>2 fish oil capsules a day, not 1g DHA
225mg EPA, 315mg DHA

>vitamin C because I don't eat vegetables
I grow and eat most of my own veggies and greens straight from the garden

>baka
confirmed NEET DYEL
>>
>>38215605
Fuck the incline bench, do 4x8 OHP instead and just do low incline flies before your hammer curls. Problem solved.
>>
>>38215866
That...is a good idea. Thanks anon!

I tried out that day yesterday and I immediately realized incline is redundant for my strength gains. Should I even include the flies if I'm not worried about "building" a chest? I think the bench alone will be enough when I actually use working weight.
>>
File: 1410005320444s.jpg (2KB, 125x93px) Image search: [Google]
1410005320444s.jpg
2KB, 125x93px
>>38215598
Thanks, what about time of workout? I want to limit DOMS at work. As I said shift begins at 4pm goes until at least 12 midnight and is moderately physical.

What should I workout?
>>
Anyone here doing Greyskull LP? Been doing it for a short while and I like it, but wondering about how many "plug-ins" it would be OK to have? I was thinking of adding like 4-5 isolations.
>>
>>38215407
I don't want to end up fat as aesthetics are my goal. So just like 300 calorie surplus?

And yes I'm aware I'm fat already but you know what I mean.
>>
>>38215931
If you want to cut out workout time then yeah fuck em, but they're fun and help with adding mass which might benefit your bench
>>
>>38216042
Pull/chin up on mons/fri (2x6-8)
Yates row or curls on wed (2x6-8)
Laterals on OHP day (10-12)
Flies on bench day (10-12)
2 sets of weighted hypers and situps for 10-12 on all dqys. Sth like this keeps it to 3 extra things a day, don't go overboard. Extra triceps isnt rly needed
>>
1- How do I trigger my fat burning hormones effectively?
2- Are fish oil and CoQ10 good for elbow pain?
>>
Is it really bad if I smoke 1 cigarette a day whilst trying to get fit?

Is it really worth it counting percentages of the calories I eat? Can I still make great gains just counting total calories and protein consumed to a reliable level? Aka I'm eating 200 grams of protein a day and about 3600 calories, I'm 5'10 80KG. I make sure the calories aren't too bad with like 5 fruit/veg a day and lots of chicken/peanut butter.
>>
How to strengthen my willpower? Throwing out food is not an option, I need a way to resist temptation.
>>
/Fit/ my gym closes at 6 pm on a Sunday. What's the best way to kill myself?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-08-08-12-27-58.png (147KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-08-08-12-27-58.png
147KB, 1440x2560px
Attached is about a normal day for me, how screwed are my micros and how can I easily fix?
>>
>>38211467
Check craigslist. Might find a rack and barbell dirt cheap. Can't squat heavy without a rack.
>>
>>38216451
You should be eating fish oils anyway, they're ridiculously healthy and proven to aid the hypertorphy process. Also zyzz did them u fag so u shud 2
>>
>>38211443
SS isn't a meme but you need to read the book and follow its instructions closely.

>>38211334
How experienced are you? Why are you doing your own programming? Just pick a popular beginner routine and stick with it.
>>
>>38207736
I've got a question

I eat a variety of fish and meat, I also eat fruit(love strawberries, bananas, and those that sometimes come together named forest fruits or whatever) and also some nuts but really few since theyre high in kcals
I eat rice and pasta from time to time and try to keep it wholegrain
also love cottage cheese and milk and all types of cheese

is there any vitamin or whatever i'm missing that I should supplement?
>>
>>38216720
Vitamin D if you're a shut in that doesn't go outside.
>>
>>38207736
Where should I be getting fat from?
>>
>>38207736
>sometimes get really sore, feels like pain and I guess sometimes it is in my lower back ONLY on the right side, this has been going for like 2 years
>sometimes my right shoulder hurts if I touch it on top of it in the middle(hadn't had this for a long time but I popped my shoulder trying to do ab-wheel

am I fucked or on my way to snapcity? I never feel shit when I do my exercises nor when doing whatever kind of physical activity
>>
Hurt my knee and an anon recommended I work on my VMO

What are some effective VMO exercises that I can do at home without any gear, and what are some good ones I can do at the gym?
>>
>>38216738
Nuts. You'll need them for calorific density if you're bulking and you can't go wrong with all those mono and polyunsaturates -- 9 lil spoons of peanut butter is like 600 calories, 30g protein and a fucking TONNE of healthy fats that actually help LOWER cholesterol.
>>
>>38216863
I'm cutting at 1900-2000kcals so I can't eat those things unless it's really low consumption
>>
File: 1464081241737.png (97KB, 362x492px)
1464081241737.png
97KB, 362x492px
So im going on a vegas trip on Aug 20th, what should i eat and do to get into peak shape until then?
Im 6'3 198lbs ive lost 10 pounds since i started eating right and doing pushups and pull ups 2 weeks ago.

Should i just cut out all carbs and eat nothing but vegies?
>>
>>38216983
>13 days
starve yourself with high protein intake and nothing else
>>
File: 1469728591164.jpg (119KB, 425x450px) Image search: [Google]
1469728591164.jpg
119KB, 425x450px
Today while I was swimming my right shoulder cracked a bit and I got blasted with sharp pain, after like 5 seconds sharp pain was gone, but there is still some blunt pain in the area(center front of shoulder joint) when I lift my arm up. What is this? I have OHP, db rows and pull ups tomorow, should I continue with my training? Why? Why not?
>>
So I have a pencil neck. What can I do to build neck thickness other than barbell shrugs? Also, does building neck thickness make your jawline appear more pronounced, therefore improving facial anesthetic? My jawline is wider than my neck atm and I think it brings me down a notch or two.
>>
Am I reading this shit right? 100g of sweet potatoes are 81kcals

what the fuck? I thought it had really high calories.
fuck, also is there a better way to do them instead of cutting them like fries or circles, putting them on a bowl throwing in some salt, pepper and olive oil and then putting in the oven?
>>
>>38207736
Do they make .5 lb plates or 3lb plates? I just weighed my bar and it's 39 lbs. I've been using this for years and its really fucking with me. I want to keep 6lbs on it at all times so it's always 45 lbs
>>
Guys, my lower back is completely useless so deadlifts and squats are out of the window. How do I procceed from here? Been doing ohp/ bench + db rows + planks/farmers walk lately. Can you give me any advice?

Ps I tried really hard to go for it, but my back is shit tier, cant squat 40kg without pain or diddly 50. It's not form problem (I know you will say it is anyway), I'm just a genetic weakling that's not meant to lift, no amount of core bracing and proper form can unfuck this shit, cant even do hypers without pain, so just pls help and forget about using lower back. Ty
>>
>>38217048
I wouldn't do OHP just cause if something goes wrong there you can fuck yourself up the most since you're lifting over head. Rows and pull ups should be alright
>>
>>38217150
How about just testing the territory with some light-weight high reps? Like 60kg 3x10-15?
>>
>>38217134
Sweet potato mash is god-tier
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (25KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
25KB, 480x360px
So I am doing a PPL+Full body routine.
PPLxFxx
Is what it looks like. I want to run on two of the off days, so it makes sense to me to do
Push, Legs, Pull, run, Full body, run, rest
Is there anything important about the order of the PPL days?
>>
>>38217175
Totally your call, no clue just how bad the pain was. If you feel like you just pull something sure, just don't fucking die
>>
I need some quick help guys

what should I be doing for lower back and shoulder health? to keep them away from fucking up and also relieving from stress or soreness
I don't understand jack shit in this aspect of training
>>
Can someone post that guide to making your ejaculate bigger/more/less gross?

I for some reason can't find any of the past generals
>>
>>38216989
Ok so should i do pure cardio?
>>
File: untitledjo.png (909KB, 1502x1000px) Image search: [Google]
untitledjo.png
909KB, 1502x1000px
>read somewhere foamrollers will save my life
>buy one
>fucking stare at it
What the fk do I do with my foamroller, sticky link is broken.

Also, I have an sub acromial impingement in left shoulder, getting physio tomorrow, what can I expected from them to suggest?
>>
Im taking ZMA from myprotein, i'm exceeding all of the components, especially vitamin b6 i believe which is like 700%

am I gonna ie
>>
>>38217357
we're all gonna die, anon
>>
>>38217342
Limber 11 is a good starting point

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/limber-11-the-only-lower-body-warm-up-youll-ever-need.html

Although I'm sure physio can give you some much better and more specific advice
>>
how do you call when you hold a weight in your arm flexed to the air and hold it for a minute?
>>
>>38217231
>>38217231
>>38217231
>>38217231
bumping for this

also, would doing weigthed hyperextensions at the end of my work out a good idea for strengthning my lower back even more?
>>
>>38211172
1. It depends on your genetics and how long you've been training. Usually 1kg a month is pretty safe, if you're a newbie maybe a bit more.

2. Sure if you want, this is what meal prep is about. Don't worry about timing meals, etc. as long as you get your Calories in during a 2-3 day period it won't effect much.
>>
So im going on a vegas trip on Aug 20th, what should i eat and do to get into peak shape until then?
Im 6'3 198lbs ive lost 10 pounds since i started eating right and doing pushups and pull ups 2 weeks ago.

What should my game plan be?
>>
I live out in the middle of nowhere and I'm wanting some lifting equipment but I don't have much money to work with. So far I have:
2x 20lbs dumbbell
2x 30lbs
2x 50lbs
doorframe pullup bar

That's all I could get given to me. What else should I go get to be good for the next year?
>>
How much time should you put inbetween lifting and eating? is it "optimal" to eat right after you leave the gym and is it bad to eat sometime before you go?
>>
is phraks greyskull lp good for beginner? I never lifted in my life.
>>
>>38207736
I started working out the last few days and I have some sore muscles. Not that bad though but still noticeable. Should I let them rest? Like I go everyday so should I just take a day off?
>>
What app do you bros use to track your macros?
>>
>>38217683
Try everyother until the doms wears off. If it's not too bad, work throuh it, your body will adapt. Though make sure not to injure yourself.
>>
>>38215593
>calf raises 10x5
why????
>OHP before squats
Why?????
>>
Hey I just had a slice of cake am I going to make it
>>
>>38217717
no
>>
>>38217689
A paper and pencil. It's ad free
>>
File: 1466802676062.jpg (75KB, 720x534px)
1466802676062.jpg
75KB, 720x534px
>>38217723
>>
File: VdlWUsS.png (61KB, 938x416px) Image search: [Google]
VdlWUsS.png
61KB, 938x416px
>>38217294
>pic related

>>38217632
Rack, bar, plates, bench, platform

>>38217646
Depends. Some guys get nauseated lifting on a full stomach, and I wouldn't recommend biscuits and gravy with eggs over easy five minutes before squat warmups, but it's good to have something in your stomach. I like to either have a meal an hour before lifting (50 g protein, 50g starchy carbs, about 10g fat, vegetables) or have some BCAAs and a piece of fruit or some weak gatorade right when I'm walking in. Experiment and figure out what works for you.
>>
>>38217138
Have you seen a doctor or a physiotherapist? What stretches have you tried and what part of your back hurts? Is this after an injury or something you've always had?

Short of seeing a doctor/physio I'd just keep doing hypers for high reps and low weight (bodyweight) while stretching your back/foam rolling and keep gradually stepping it up as it gets less painful.
>>
File: 1470175822804.png (37KB, 700x600px)
1470175822804.png
37KB, 700x600px
what does it mean 2x1 and then 1x5+? Which one is the set? I'm not from an english speaking country, this is hard

Also, coming from SL (less than a month), should I switch to greyskull, the Phraks variant or stay on SL for a little bit before changing?

Don't have enough money for the SS book or anything

Thanks and sorry
>>
What does this mean:
2x15

I see people posting stuff like, "I do 2x15 bench press." but I have no clue what that means. Like 30?
>>
>>38217776
>>38217782
2x1 = 2 sets of 1 repetition. So you will do one squat, rack the bar, then wait to do the next one (go heavy).
1x5 = 1 set of 5 repetitions. You will unrack the bar, do 5 repetitions, then rack the bar. You will do only one set of this.
2x15 = 2 sets of 15 repetitions. You will unrack, do 15 repetitions, then rack the bar. You will wait and do this again to make up two sets.
>>
>>38217776
>what does it mean 2x1 and then 1x5+? Which one is the set? I'm not from an english speaking country, this is hard
Set of 5
Set of 5
Set of as many as possible.

>Don't have enough money for the SS book
The ebook is $10.

>>38217782
Two sets of 15 repetitions each. lie down, unrack the bar, do 15 reps, rack it, sit up, breathe, dick about for a bit, lie down, do another set. Which number means "sets" and which means "reps" is a convention that varies by speaker but can generally be figured out from context.
>>
>>38217820
>>38217829

Ah, makes sense.
That should really be in the sticky. Even my google-fu didn't pull up what it meant.
>>
Got bored of my last routine, is AllPro: A Simple Beginner's Routine any good?
>>
>>38217776
>Don't have enough money for the SS book or anything
Got you pham, courtesy of /plg/.
>>
>>38217776
>>38217865
of fug forgot the link
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2g2b6nmdqydstpc/AAC7FehPOIKGT-l9l3Avnjf3a?dl=0
>>
>>38217820
>>38217829
Thankyou so much guys

Another question

What does AxBxCxx mean?
I mean, I know week A is one way, B another but what does the xx stand for? does it mean I rotate?

Also, my second question
>Also, coming from SL (less than a month), should I switch to greyskull, the Phraks variant or stay on SL for a little bit before changing?
>>
>>38217877
I love you, thanks
>>
>>38217879
x = rest day
>switch
definitely, both are linear progression programs for beginners except that GS is a lot better
you'll only be wasting your time if you stay on SL

>>38217918
Y-you too.
>>
>>38217771
Besides craigslist is there a good place to order a bench cheap?

Platform is just so you don't mess up your garage floor, right?
>>
>>38217954
Last one (I'm a big idiot, please forgive me)

So when Greyskull says AxBxCxx is mon workout A, wd B and friday C, and the alternating means that the next week I need to do instead of Bench press an Overhead Press?

Thankyou so much for the help, gonna do Greyskull tomorrow and hope for the best
>>
if I have a chest/back day, what should I be doing first?
>>
>>38217689
Pls
>>
>>38217991
>Besides craigslist is there a good place to order a bench cheap?
Depends on how cheap you need it to be. Play It Again Sports might be worth a shot, but I'd get a comp-spec bench if I were building a gym, which as a practical matter means buying new from rogue.

>Platform is just so you don't mess up your garage floor, right?
Yeah. It's good to have something to bolt the rack to even if you don't build a full platform, though. (I guess you could just bolt it to the concrete if you own the garage, but you'd want something with more friction than concrete to stand on.). Wendler talks about using a single layer of 3/4" plywood IIRC.
>>
>>38218009
>AxBxCxx is mon workout A, wd B and friday C
yes
>the next week I need to do instead of Bench an OHP
you alternate them each workout, this is a 2 week cycle would look lie

Bench / OHP / Bench
OHP / Bench / OHP
>>
>>38217112
Bump for answer
>>
>>38218048
>this is what a 2 week cycle would look like*
kek, how did i fuck that so bad
>>
one of the side effects of my prescription is a stiff/sore back

i can still work out but right after i do something that requires me to keep my back in a certain form or straight i feel pretty intense soreness/pain in my back afterwords. can't even do bicep curls or tricep extensions without my back hurting like shit

should i just hold off on working out til im finished with my prescription (est another 4-5 months)? i can't really stop my medicine since it's for something important but bulking up/working out is important too
>>
has anyone here build their gym weights with dry concrete and some metal bars?
>>
>>38218061
Sounds like a helluva way to get asymmetrical weights.
>>
>>38218061
no, I'd say 99% of us live in first world countries so theres no need to
>>
>>38217112
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hM-0QEvFjM4
?
>>
>>38218076
>>38218076
I'm a thirld worlder but a gym seems like a waste of money when you can build your own weights with concrete.

1 kg of concrete powder cost like 1USD.
>>
>>38218100
i hope you die
>>
>>38218048
>>38218057

Thankyou so much anon, you are a life saver, really. Have a good night and good gains.
>>
>>38218105
why?

I'm not doing any dumb shit and I'm planning on doing no gym workouts.
>>
So, save all isolation exercises (tricep extensions/curls/etc) for the end, after all the compounds are done? Every time? For full body routine.
>>
File: 1467589224650.jpg (94KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1467589224650.jpg
94KB, 960x720px
I hurt my lower back pretty bad about a year ago and I can't squat anymore without severe press or pain on my lower back.
Is leg press a decent alternative?
>>
>>38217689
bump
>>
>>38218014
please
>>
>>38216581
Take a vitamin C supplement or better yet, eat some fucking veggies one in a while.
>>
>>38218330

>back
weighted wide grip pull ups

>chest
bench press
>>
>>38218356
ok so I should do my back routine first and then move onto chest?
>>
>>38218311
myfitnesspal
>>
>>38207736
How much rest time do you guys usually take between sets?

I usually go for like 30-40 seconds depending on the exercise
>>
>>38218523
3-4 minutes for heavy compound lifts, 1-2 minutes for accessories.
>>
>>38218545
Really? That long? Say im doing the press for 4 x 5, i should take like 3 minute rests?
>>
I'm trying to decipher the whole "Vitamin/BCAA/supplement thing."

I;m getting into power lifting with a trainer, and he told me to grab something like centrum, but my research is showing me that centrum is shit tier.

Also, am I supposed to do BCAA before workout, during workout and after work out? So like 15g of it? (if it's 5g doses)
>>
File: dyel.jpg (45KB, 640x426px)
dyel.jpg
45KB, 640x426px
I've been lifting for two years officially now. Started out fat faggot mode and now I'd say I'm somewhere between otter and built. What routine should I follow now?
6ft 185lbs 14% bf for reference
>>
>>38218598
Best advice I heard was lift when you're ready. It's not a race and if you rush you could rob yourself of a lift you were capable of.
>>
What is SS?
>>
How long do you guys usually wait before you put your injury/pain behind you?

>Two weeks ago I fucked up my knee when sprinting
>Pain has been on and off for the past two weeks
>Last time I felt pain in my knee when walking was two days ago
>>
>>38212266
Protein powder
>>
>>38217771
Thx for the pic f a m
>>
Why do I keep yawning between sets? I'm not even tired
>>
>>38213256
I like MFP
>>
>>38214986
Once your squats and DLs get heavy, you won't want to job before them. Jacking less won't affect your gains, but it does have other benefits. But yes you must eat mindfully. >>38214996
>>
>>38215202
There is only one good bar to do chins/pulls in my LA Fitness and that is on the power rack. You can also put the bar of a Smith Machine at top height, but mine are a little too big and have too light knurling for my preference. On a couple of the dip/pullup racks there is a space between all the angled handles I can grab for decent chins, but it is not designed for that. Honestly, why is a freaking regular pullup bar so hard to find in a huge chain gym?
>>
Doing PPL, what if i miss a leg day can i just do squats at the start of the next P day? Im making squat progress at 110kg and i havent had a dedicated leg day in 2 weeks. Only really missing out on leg press and ham curls anyway.
>>
>>38216526
Make a decision.
>>
>>38217689
MFP
>>
File: 1398051957491.png (159KB, 476x345px) Image search: [Google]
1398051957491.png
159KB, 476x345px
I always get fucking damn hungry before I go to sleep. What's something decent to eat before sleeping when you're trying to cut?
>>
>>38218523
Long enough to be able to complete the next set.
>>
I want to bike to work, but I don't want to bike in the winter. That's around 500 kcal. in and out of my life. Will it do good or is it begging for weight gain when I won't keep it up?
>>
>>38218959
Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe
>>
>>38219438
Water.
>>
What do the notations on workout routines such as ABxABxx mean?
>>
>>38219438
Drink a ton of wster and eat a bit of lean meat like chicken. Eat at lest an hour before you sleep.

In the end though if you remember to leave enough calories to the end of the day you can eat anything within your limit.
>>
this is probably the dumbest question in this thread atm...

If I have freeweights (tons of dumbells and barbell weights) and I use them, what am I missing out on at the gym and why? I'm not looking for an excuse to not go to the gym, I just wanted to know.
>>
>>38219490
>>38219499

Got it, thanks famalamborguinis

>>38219549
A squatrack, a spotter and asses to motivate you
>>
>>38219549

theres only so much you can do with free weights

it's good, but a gym offers a wide range of equipment for any type of routine
>>
>>38219566
>>38219558
OK.. squatrack is important. dunno why I didn't think of that.

Hope a gym opens nearby
>>
>>38215497
thank you! front squats in general seem like the better option here. sent him the youtube link, let's see what he says
>>38216651
yeah we've been talking to the staff already to get some cheap rack
we'll see what happens
>>
I've been on a cut for half a year and yesterday I just caved and binged on a lot of carbs. Woke up today the same weight as before the binge.

How the fuck did I not gain any water weight? Normally I gain a few lbs. I didn't even shit.
>>
Started Macro Portioning. Looking for any recommendations on good high fat, low carb snacks. Protein is a plus, but not important.
>>
>>38207736
How do I increase endurance and weight of planks? I'm looking for building a good core and lower abs
What sets/ for how long should I do planks for?
>>
>>38220034
Just have your gf sit on your back while you do them. Maybe make a game out of it!
>>
>>38220005
Chicharrones. Dip them in sour cream or guacamole for bonus fats. Their protein is incomplete.
>>
>>38220195
This and pumpkin seeds, almonds, walnuts, basically every nut, and coconut oil peanut butter and dairy brahsssss
>>
Opinions on mass gainers?
I gained about 10 pounds, then I lost it all because I just stopped eating. Lifts stalled for a bit. Was thinking about buying mass gainer. Is there a specific one I should get? Cheap places to get it? Myprotein? ON?
>>
How much protein should I be eating daily for building muscle? Some people say 1g per lb of body weight, others say 0.8g per lb.
>>
>>38220034
For increasing endurance, I'd set goals: Each time you do the exercise, increase how long you hold. Times can vary depending on what results you want. Increasing weight, maybe put weights in a backpack or some shit. This isn't rocket science. Use your head.
>>
>>38220300
http://bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/
>>
>>38220341
Thanks.
>>
Need some opinion on Sodium.

MFP recommends 2,300 mg of Sodium a day for me. I'm trying to lose weight.

My main foods are Grilled Chicken, Frozen Veggies, Turkey Bacon, Egg Whites, Brown Rice, and Oatmeal. I've already eliminated the tortillas I was using for fajitas because they're very high sodium and usually put me way over my limit.

About that limit... it's like impossible to stay under 2,300 for me. I'm not eating fast food.

How big of a deal is it if I land between 2,300-3,300 a day? So an extra 1000mg of Sodium?

If it is a huge deal, how can I reduce my Sodium intake?
>>
>>38220369
Sodium isn't related to weight gain. I'd say your fine, but if you really care about the sodium, I'd recheck your groceries and look for lighter options in sodium. I'm sure there are alternatives to the specific brand you're getting
>>
hungry skeleton here

so i can't work out rn because of a surgery i had 4 days ago

but if i look at the scale at first and then look again a week later and i haven't gained weight, i know i'm supposed to increase my caloric intake, but by how much would you recommend? 250 or 500 more than before?

i know this is a dumb question
>>
>>38220369
That's a target or minimum. There really isn't a maximum unless you are one of the sensitive people who get high blood pressure.
>>
>>38220275
No.
Just no.

Just fucking eat more.

>>38220386
>i know this is a dumb question

Yep. Read the sticky and get out.
>>
Guise I don't get it I'm bulking, and one week I don't gain weight and the n3xt one I gain like 3 lbs or so wtf? It keeps on going like this
>>
>>38220195
I'll pick some up next time im shopping. Thanks.

>>38220221
I know nuts are good. I'm already eating peanut butter, problem is I awlays have to find something to put it on or with. Maybe I'll just get some almonds or something.
>>
>>38220451
Weight gain/loss is not linear.
>>
>>38220451
One kg is around 3700 kcal so you burn some you lose some.
>>
File: 1407242308441.jpg (457KB, 805x714px) Image search: [Google]
1407242308441.jpg
457KB, 805x714px
I was an ex-fatty that cut down to 140lb 12% BF on Stronglifts 5x5 and I like the 5x5 model

I want to slow bulk on a ABxABxx routine where I hit major compounds like OHP, Bench, Squat, and Rows 2x a week and deadlift once a week with some assistance work, but not sure how to organize what lifts on what days. This is what I got so far:

A:
OHP 5x5
Squat 3x5
Rows 5x5
Core work

B:
Bench 5x5
Deadlift 2x5 (double-overhand)
Weighted Dips 3x10
Grip work

I'm not sure about doing Rows and Deadlifts on separate days, but i want to incorporate Rows twice a week if at all possible. I was thinking of ~500 calorie surplus a day and maybe tapering back to 3x5 on lifts if i stall too much.

Current lifts @ 140 lbs bodyweight
Bench - 160 lbs
OHP - 115 lbs
Squat - 225 lbs
DL - 300 lbs
Rows - not sure, did weighted pullups w/ 25 lbs but wanted to try rows for dat back thickness.
>>
Hey QTDDTOT,

I was curious as to your opinion on something

If im say 10-15% body fat (pretty skinny, 6'3 ~175lbs) and im an occasional weed smoker, how long would it take me to get clean?

I recently had an interview last week and i got a job as a paralegal. I start on the 22nd but im nervous about there being a drug test because i used to (stopped as of 4 days ago) smoke weed about 3-5 times a week.

I feel like they would have to notify me, but on the off chance its a surprise thing, do i have a shot at passing or should i just plan around it i.e. substitute urine?
>>
File: images.jpg (37KB, 511x288px)
images.jpg
37KB, 511x288px
What's the best whey and why?
>>
>>38220926

Labdoor.com
>>
>>38220950
Thanks mate!
>>
So i i just did my first ever set of lifts in my life.

3x5 squat 20kg
3x5 bench 20kg
1x5 deadlift 40kg

It was over in like 20 minutes. There is no way this is enough to achieve anything.
>>
>>38221350

You neglected to read the part about determining your starting weight, didn't you?
>>
>>38221362
It says you're supposed to start with these and add 2.5 kg each workout.
>>
>>38221350
You'll be adding 5 kg every time bby
Warm up with elliptical machine, ask the coach to check your form after you start squatting and deadlifting more or you'll fuck your back
>>
>>38221379

Which program says this?
>>
>>38221397
http://stronglifts.com/5x5/#How_much_weight_should_I_start_with
>>
>>38221379
where are you getting this info? And either way, you gotta start somewhere. It's over in 20 minutes today, in a few months you'd wish it would be over in 90.

as for starting weight, you should be doing this
>do 5 reps of 20kg
>did you finish them? yes? add 2.5-5kg and do another 5
>did you finsih them? yes? add another 2.5-5kg and keep doing this until you fail to do 5 reps
>the last full 5 rep set is your starting working weight

you also probably didn't do warm up sets. You should do warm up sets.
>>
>>38221402

So you managed to read the part about starting weights (which, in SL, is probably the worst part of the program) and completely miss the part, in the name, about doing five sets of five?
>>
Coming from a family that eats a lot, as long as I keep lifting I can keep eating the same amount that I do now, but lose weight at the same time yes?
>>
>>38221505
no
>>
>>38221410
Oh i see, thanks. I'll try to find my starting weight, though with bigger weights my body just starts shaking awkwardly since i'm weak af.

>>38221423
I'm following SS (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=998224), but it doesn't say anything about finding your starting weight or how much how often to add weight, so i figured SL must be similar enough. It could be buried lower under common questions or something though. I'll go ahead and read the entire thing.
>>
>>38221508
So then I need to increase weight or add more sets/reps in order to achieve it then?
>>
>>38221514

If you're going to 'do SS' you should read the damned book.
>>
>>38221521
achieve what?
>>
>>38221548
Slowly losing weight while waiting the same amount.
>>
>>38221555
losing weight is a calories game. You would have to work out hours a day every day to out work the calories you consume. So if you're eating a lot now, you literally have to spend your entire day working out. If you want to lose weight, don't eat so much.
>>
>>38221571
Okay thank you
>>
File: 1467008571237.jpg (19KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1467008571237.jpg
19KB, 320x320px
Is losing weight by exercising basically the same as losing weight by adjusting your diet? When you cut too many calories, your muscle will be broken down. Will focusing on exercise only burn off fat?
>>
>>38221814
>Is losing weight by exercising basically the same as losing weight by adjusting your diet?
no
>When you cut too many calories, your muscle will be broken down. Will focusing on exercise only burn off fat?
no

exercise relative to diet is an inefficient form of weight management. It takes a long time and a lot of effort to burn the same amount calories that it would take zero effort to just not eat.

It takes more than just exercise to only "burn off fat"
>>
>>38221910
When you exercise, how is fat lost in the process?
I thought it was a scientific fact that muscle is broken down when there is a calorie deficit.
>>
Would you rather be balding or a manlet?
>>
File: lemon.png (39KB, 222x162px)
lemon.png
39KB, 222x162px
Started lifting about a month and a half ago and now I'm squatting lmao2plaet but I've encountered the following problem: my hip joints hurt like a motherfucker. This happens even if I cut the weight down or use the smith machine, so it must be form related. Am I not spacing my legs properly or what? Pls respond because it's making me dread going to the gym and I quite like it otherwise.

My second question is the following: about 12 years ago I broke my left arm's ulna and now I feel some pain in the place it broke from time to time while lifting. Is this shit normal or should I stop?
>>
Working out for two weeks. Been neglecting legs so the pretty intense session I did a few days ago has my lower back sore. Today I was gonna do some hanging leg raises and use the ab machine at the gym but it made my lower back extremely uncomfortable. Should I just do planks until DOMS subside? Will this shit abate? And is direct ab work even necessary? I've got a pretty strong core for a nublet, I can do L-sits and hold a plank for a while.
>>
I jog 3 days a week on days where I dont do anything do I use my bmi for tdeee
>>
>>38212045
>16, fit,75k got hot gf
>22, chub 100kg, bald to the point i always have a shaved head
>GF breaks up with me, sent pics when i use to be fit saying how much i changed
>heart broken

Since then i've dropped 9kgs in 9 weeks of lifting and realised its not about achieving an acutal goal, its a fucking life style!

i wanted to get fit to prove her wrong, fuck that shit, lift hard and heavy, prove yourself wrong that you ain't no weak man
>>
>>38222381
wow, my keyboard is autism, sorry :(
But none the less, i like to think of it as an endless goal, its something you have to do as a routine not an occasion
>>
>>38217136
Microplates. Look em up and order some.
>>
File: Untitled.png (2MB, 1712x822px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2MB, 1712x822px
>>38207736
>following a certain routine for like 3 months and showing the results?

Greyskull LP for 3 months.
>Bench 50>75.
>OHP 30>50.
>Plank 1.5min>5min
>Lose 5kg of fat.
>Look even worse.
What the fuck is this nightmare? My lifts are going up but I look like I'm losing muscle mass.
>>
Any recommendations for a good protein bar brand to munch on at work?

I work a desk job.
>>
File: wtf mang.jpg (80KB, 776x512px) Image search: [Google]
wtf mang.jpg
80KB, 776x512px
Will sugar from blueberries and bananas fuck me up? With keto got from 93kg to 80kg atm and Im trying to maintain.
>>
How long does it take for a body to adjust to a new diet. Eating much more fiber then I used to (oatmeal, fruits, veggies) and I swear I could kill a skunk with my farts.
Any ways to help the process as well?
>>
>>38222442
When you cut you'll see it bro. Don't stop. Just look forward to a hard cut and the results that you want to see. After that first bulk/cut, you'll look better every cycle. You'll look better on your 2nd bulk than your first, same with your 3rd vs. your 2nd. Same applies to cuts.
>>
>>38222502
Eating healthier in genera makes your shit smell worse. Welcome to the life.
>>
>>38222502
You get used to smell of your own farts. Your old ones could smell worse, but you were familiar with them and ignored them. Now you produce entirely different smell, thus brains is getting fucked.
>>
>>38222442
If it is real you should consider suicide.
This shit can only be done with a shitty diet.
Correct your diet faggot.
How did you keep going with a shit diet for 3 months I wonder.
>>
>>38222463
Nope it wont, in fact if you dont consume enough fruit and vegetables minerals and vitamins you will be lacking will fuck you up.
>>
>>38220908
it depends a lot on the person. when i was a fatty and a daily smoker i was testing myself due to probation and found that it was taking me 18 days to get clean. for a skinny person it could very well be less than that
>>
>>38215366

Anyone -useful- want to answer my question?
>>
File: whatsthiscalled.png (12KB, 712x609px) Image search: [Google]
whatsthiscalled.png
12KB, 712x609px
I've been doing these exercises where I put two dumbbells either side of an 45 degree+ inclined bench and rest/push my left hand against the incline and put my left foot forward then lift a dumbbell from the ground right up and back in line with my shoulders til my elbow is basically out but behind my shoulders

It works my lats, glutes and quads like fuck and I never see anyone else doing it and I have no idea why I started it or what it's called but it's incredible.

Anyone know if this has a name? It feels a lot like a cross between a deadlift and a row when I do it

Really shitty sketch, but it should help a little
>>
>>38222838
*really* it's doesn't matter. Personally I would take 2-3 of them with each meal. All it comes down to is personally preference
>>
>>38222463
Sugars aren't bad. Too much sugars are bad, same as anything.

Stop falling for the keto meme and start realising it's about calories and variety
>>
>>38216863
What if I have a nut allergy?
>>
File: help.gif (1MB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
help.gif
1MB, 300x200px
I just "met" a girl in my gym (She started going to my gym a few weeks ago). We talked today & I already feel like I have oneitis. If I didnt talk to her tired I would spaghetti out of the solar system on her and I need to solve this.

Any tips on not falling in love with girls to avoid being a sperg?

>>38215366
I'd say take it all with breakfast but that's a large ammount of supps. If you feel like you need to, you could just split in between breakfast & your post workout meal

>>38222217
"a few days ago"
The most your DOMS should last is 3-4 days absolute max
If past that it still hurts you might have hurt yourself, take a week or 2 off lower back exercices and then come back to it. If by then it still hurts you might have hurt yourself.
>>
Usually I do lower/upper/rest/lower/upper/rest/rest, will it make a difference at all if this week I do upper/lower/rest/upper/lower/rest/rest
>>
>>38222608
>progress which is just according to keikaku on greyskull.
>shitty diet.
dude's just fat and the light is much worse in the second pic.
>>
>>38222960
>Any tips on not falling in love with girls to avoid being a sperg?

Fall in love with, get in relationships with and fuck lots of different girls. If you're falling in love after one conversation you clearly just need to interact and socialize and form relationships with a lot more girls. Fucking up is good and healthy for you.
>>
>>38215366
examine.com

That I know about: Probiotics are essentially worthless unless you take them every day, as opposed to prebiotics and things like Kefir which will stay active in your gut for far far longer and provide actual benefits over time.
Also the earlier taken in the day the better.

>-2 Arctic Cod Fish Oil capsules
>-1000mg vitamin C

Don't mix for best results

Also your gut transporters, as far as I've been made aware, are limited to about 800mg per session, thus taking multiple vitamins that add up to over 800mg in combination is a waste of potential
>>
>>38216738
Any foods with healthy fats. Stupid question.

A better question is what are some foods with healthy fats.

>Oily/fatty fish like mackerel, salmon, tuna, herring
>Nuts and seeds, particularly flax & walnuts
>Avocados
>Possibly coconuts, though it may just be regular saturated fat
>Other fatty vegetables and legumes
>>
What will drinking milk/chocolate milk and eating vegetables exclusively for a week do for me? I'm looking for rapid weight loss here, I want at least 4 lbs off my fat ass.
>>
Hey guys,

I started tracking calories using MFP, yet some of the things i eat are tricky to track. How should i measure things like Nutella spread in my sandwich? Homemade oatmeal I add to my yoghurt? Stuff that I eat outside?
>>
>>38223069
It will not help at all.
Milk is liquid calories, they don't fill you up and have lots of kcals.

You can lose weight just by eating LESS of what you already eat. Portion control is the easiest way to lose weight.
Also, get a good breakfast to start off the day and hit the gym asap so the rest of the day you don't carve food.
>>
>>38223069
>What will drinking milk/chocolate milk and eating vegetables exclusively for a week do for me?
Literally nothing in terms of weight loss.

Unless you're eating less calories.
>>
>>38223122
Right now I'm eating about 1300-1600 calories. But I'm looking for something that is satiating that isn't beans. I'm getting tired of beans man.
>>
Ever since starting to squat atg with no bounce instead of pseudo-parallel I have a minor but persistent rash on the back of my knees despite having normally spotless skin and good hygiene. Is this normal?

Also my squat has gone down from 135kg to 115kg, is that drop in weight worth the extra rom?
>>
>>38223113
Spreads and oats should be easy to measure. Did you fill up a tablespoon when you got that spread? Okay, 1tbsp. Investing in a set of measuring cups and using them made life easier.
Eating out is hard to calculate, but as I started measuring and weighing more of my own food, I became better at eyeballing restaurant food and getting an idea of how much is on my plate. On MFP I try to find some kind of equivalent, and I always go for the fattier option since most restaurant food is loaded.
>>
>>38223012
Question as to why I should not mix vitamin C and fish oil?
>>
>>38223176
mix cottage cheese with yogurt, like this >>38222463.
>>
>>38223156

>>38223239
>>
>>38223239
So next time I squat I should rub some cottage-cheese and yogurt behind my knees. Gottcha, thanks.
>>
>>38224433
>>38224433
>>38224433
New threat
>>38224433
>>38224433
>>38224433
>>
>>38211533
>>38211584

thanks, had sex. wasnt too good but not bad neither, hadnt had muh dik wet in months. autism cured
>>
>>38221814
Ever hear the phrase "you can't outrun a bad diet?"
>>
>>38222123
What program you following that has you squatting that much after only 6 weeks?
>>
>>38222329
wat
>>
>>38223113
Get a scale
>>
>>38222329
Punctuation, motherfucker. Do you use it?
Thread posts: 343
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.