[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do I do for back pain from standing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: images.jpg (4KB, 273x185px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4KB, 273x185px
I have lower back pain not from sitting or walking or doing exercises but instead from standing still in one spot for 5 or more minutes.

Now this normally is not an issue as I am usually moving about when I'm standing up but I will be joining the military soon and also be a helper for a marching band in my community. I'm 20 years old, male, weigh about 200lbs, am 5'11, and the weight is more fat than muscle right now.

I've been doing planks and some back extensions and those help a lot when I am sitting in a chair but my back still kills me after standing still for more than 5 minutes in one spot and attempting to bend over.

The pain doesn't start until after standing still for 5 minutes in one spot I attempt to bend over.
>>
sit ups my main man your core is to weak
>>
File: TaRUkxo.png (355KB, 2485x3512px) Image search: [Google]
TaRUkxo.png
355KB, 2485x3512px
>>38147842
Do planks on MWF.
I took the plank warm up from Reddit's bodyweight fitness routine and used that as part of my warm up for lifting/off day shenanigans. The other part of my warm up is Limber 11 and the same dude's upper body mobility routine.
>>
>>38148837
I do the hand stands by leaning to the wall right? I cant do a hand stand to save my life
>>
stretch after band practice.
>>
>>38147842
Make sure you stretch everything around your lower back too. Hamstrings, glutes, upper back, etc
>>
>>38149399
Do I do everything on that list there or are there more exercises or different ones I should try?

I dont know what to do everyday to slowly strengthen my core but once I know what amd how much of something to do I can do it 100%
>>
>>38147842
Deadlifts and losing weight. Deadlifts to strengthen your core and lower back, losing weight to remove excess strain.
>>
>>38149550
Im glad to say ive lost 20 pounds since the start of the year but I dont really feel different or look much different. Maybe it'll take time?
>>
>>38149667
take pictures of yourself every week or so, same lighting/same time of day/same angle, the changes you are god g through are too slow for you to notice, but they are occurring, take pictures so you can objectively see whats going on.
>>
>>38147842
Do you have health insurance or anything of the sort? Go see an ortho and/or PT. They'll help you out.

If no health insurance or you generally don't care about your long-term health enough to get a consult, work on core.

Specifically target your transversus abdominis.

>what's a transversus abdominis, anon?

Suck in your stomach so that you're trying to make your belly button touch your spine. The main muscle making that happen is transversus abdominis

Source: am 21 year old with 4 herniated discs and fragmented vertebra.
>>
>>38147842
do spend a lot of time sat down? stretch your quads and your hip flexors; look up Kelly Starter and his 'Couch Stretch'.
>>
>>38149921
D-d-do you lift breh?
>>
>>38149982
Yeeee, but can't really do most of the big lifts.

Can't squat. Can't DL. Can't OHP.

If I do any of the above, I risk becoming Professor X for life.
>>
>>38150033
Shit man, that sucks a lot, and surgery on that field is hit or miss and stagnant
>>
>>38150051
You're telling me dude. Recovery time for surgery and letting time do its thing is basically the same.

I get by though. I still lift like 4-5 times a week. Replace squat with leg press. DL with back extensions. OHP with seated press. It's all good my man
>>
>>38149921
I think I'll schedule an appointment at my orthopaedic. How long do I suck in my stomach and how many times?

I also truly don't care about the long term for myself. I'm already too far gone and would rather set things the next generation can use. I'm not going to make it past age 32 probably so it's whatever.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.