[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDAA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 27

File: 1469697562813.png (649KB, 1800x1195px) Image search: [Google]
1469697562813.png
649KB, 1800x1195px
Post all your stupid questions that don't deserve an answer in this thread.
>>
I'm considering doing Muay Thai as cardio 2x a week, combined with lifting 4x a week during my lean bulk. Is this a viable strategy as long as I eat a fuckton (i.e. 3500+ kcal)?

I'm 6'7", 203lbs at about 14-15% bf at the moment if that helps.
>>
are stomach vacuums a meme exercise or does it actually do something
>>
I don't like thicc girls like you guys do, how do I fix this?
>>
>>38145050
It's pretty good considering how easy they are.
>>
>>38145902
Faggot janitor deleted my pupper post last time I posted this
>>
You have the lower body and you have no upper body, you got a problem building...wait a minute. You have the upper body, and you have no legs, you got a problem building your legs. You have the upper...you have the lower body and you don't have the upper body, the upper body, it is easier to build. So if you have the lower body and you don't have the upper body, it is easier to build the upper body. You have the upper body and you don't have the legs, you got a problem building the lower body... No, you don't understand. You have the upper body, but you don't have the lower body, you got a problem building downstairs. You got the up- legs on the bottom, it is easier to build on the top, so you don't have much as a problem
>>
>>38146123
Bad form janny
>>
File: image.jpg (71KB, 530x521px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71KB, 530x521px
>>
Guys, im in the middle of fucking nowhere, staying here for a month. What should i do to mantain gains?
>>
>>38144651
How long should I wait I'm between sets of planks?
>>
First off that pupper got form. Secondly, I take a multi vitamin cause I'm going on 30. I saw one for men with test. Should I buy and assuming I do 1 a day will it do shit?
>>
File: 1445287496395.jpg (98KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1445287496395.jpg
98KB, 640x640px
rate this routine please

ABCABCX

A
BP 5x5
OHP 5x5
Dip 5x8
Lat raise 5x10

B
Chinup 5x5
Row 5x5
Shrug 5x8
Curl 5x10

C
DL 1x5
SQ 5x5
Crunch 5x10
Calf Raise 5x10
>>
How do I tell if my squat form is good when I'm just doing them at home?
>>
My right scapular muscles hurt when retracting the scapula.
I noticed a bit of discomfort after playing some hoop after a while I hadn't.
Also I recently started working on my weak upper back and delts, both with facepull and with a band.
Is it just normal fatigue from a muscle I wasnt used to use?

Also the last couple times I DL'd I noticed my right erector spinae, somewhere in my thoracic spine portion, is a bit more "tense", it didnt hurt, it was almost like a hitch, like I could feel it when I had a shirt on. But it doesnt seem to be more swollen to the touch or sight.
It seems to be gone now, it came after a really hard deadlift session a couple of workouts ago, now it seems to be almost gone
>>
alright not sure where i should post this so here:
i have been having problems with digestion lately i felt bloated unable to lose weight and generally miserable for the last year or two.
i gave probiotics a shot lately and it's been good for most off my symptoms greatly improved.

however i'm fucking hungry all the time like literally 1 or 2 hours after eating i feel like starving again. shit is weird. is this a normal side-effect of increased metabolism or a bad reaction or what?
>>
Im walking for about 30-45 mins a day/twice a day and only eating once a day trying to lose weight, will it work and about how much?
what I eat is usually whatever my moms brings on her way from work
>one burger king sandwhich
>two mchicken
>two beef patties and a cup of some type of sugar smoothie

I used insanity twice. lost like 40 pounds the first time and less the second time, learned it harder to lose when you you do a crash diet and the fat comes back how do I use it but make it no come back?
>>
>>38151317
you're starving yourself, tiring yourself and the little food you eat is shit food.
that's a recipe for failure brother
>>
>>38148089
it OK
>>
How do i into girls? The sticky doesn't mention anything about it.
>>
File: 1470036602228.jpg (107KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1470036602228.jpg
107KB, 1024x768px
tips for squatting and deadlifting to prevent myself from snapping my shit up?
>>
What are some good chest exercises with only dumbbells and no bench besides flys and db bench press?
I see variations like incline bench and decline flys but I don't have access to a bench.
>>
>>38153990
Wear proper shoes. A lot of people wear chuck taylors. Something very flat.
>>
>>38148089
Shit.
Just run GSLP and only squat on one day, and hip thrust or bridge on the others. Or front/zercher squat or whatever you want to do.
>>
>>38153990
Read up and practice the exercise. Then take and post videos of you doing the exercises and and ask for a form check.
Deadlift barefoot, with your head up, and thrust your hip like you're going to nut inside the space infront of you.
>>
>>38146600
grubs and grass diet
>>
how much rice is too much rice?

i'm cooking ~ a cup of rice( i use a small glass, not measuring cup) but only eating one scoop from the spoon i use to cook with.

BUT for lunch i go to this Japanese supermarket and get a bento box that has a decent amount of rice in it.

it doesn't say how much rice is in there, but probably an entire cup
>>
Been gone a few weeks, where did Trappy go
>>
Why do you live?
>>
I have an interview for a training job tomorrow. Do you think they will ask me about programming or hypotheticals? I'm certified with ACE and I was thinking about bringing a notebook with an outline of the ACE model
>>
>>38154283
Because I am human
>>
Is building a "strength base" necessary when you're a beginner lifter when you just wanna get huge?
>>
I lift 3x a week. I'm on a bodybuilding 5/3/1 program and eating just above maintenance. Is it a complete waste to take Creatine with my post workout shakes on those 3 days? Any benefit taking it on rest days?
>>
>>38154753
Yes, you can't lift babyweight and expect to get huge.
>>
is running worth the risk?
>>
>>38153959
use one hand to hold her open and one to hold yourself "stiff" so you can at least kinda wriggle it in
>>
>>38144651
I'm a noob that was going to sign up at my gym on the 1st to start SS, but as it happens, i got an ear infection. I'm on 2 weeks of anti-biotics

Should I wait until my anti-biotics are finished before I start the gym or should I go as soon as I feel healthy enough?
>>
>>38154860
what would be an acceptable strength level before switching to a mass-building routine?
>>
Will I ever get abs or at least a 4 pack?

I was obese at 257lbs, currently at 205lbs and I've been seeing great results everywhere else but my stomach. I know it's a matter of body fat but for former vidya fatties like me, it's also a matter of how much my skin is going to bounce back from it stretching.

I do deadbugs, planks, reverse crunches, fingers to toes crunches 2-3 times a week at home in addition to the 6 days a week I train at the gym (3 days lifting, 3 days hitt).

I just want some definition. I know no-one here can really give me an answer but the closer I get, the thought that I'll be left with this little fold of skin at the bottom instead of abs makes me rage at myself for being so stupid to disrespect myself and even though I'm fit and looking good, I wanna kill myself if hard work and diet isn't enough to get me abs. It's almost like a feel that I'm always gonna hve the remants of being a fat fucker despite my hard work and discipline.
>>
>>38155083
when you reach intermediate level in all of the principal lifts
(squats, dead, bench, ohp, chins and rows)

http://symmetricstrength.com/
you can check your current level here
>>
>>38154006
db floor press
floor flys
>>
>>38155224
Cool, thanks brah. Been doing SL for 2 months and intermediate levels seems reasonable for 2 more
>>
>>38145043
at 6'7" you can do whatever the fuck you want and still be a god.
>>
>>38155224
intermediate level on symmetric strength has nothing to do with an intermediate level of training advancement. the former is based on average weights numbers for populations, while the latter is based on your own ability to make progress/recover. they should not be confused
>>
>>38156396
This some people can still make gains with a beginner program no need to jump on an intermediate program if not needed
>>
File: 1466639937950.jpg (337KB, 1100x1650px) Image search: [Google]
1466639937950.jpg
337KB, 1100x1650px
>>38144651
is p90x the best cutting program
>>
I started a bodyweight routine and I'm suppose to be training today but my body is still aching like a motherfucker, especially my legs.

Should I push through or rest?
>>
>>38156908
Do just enough to feel a pump and no more.
It will help with recovery and you'll feel a bit better after.
>>
>>38145050
>stomach vacuums
Is this liposuction?
>>
I have no problem with intermittent fasting (turns out I've been doing it my whole life without realizing) but I need to bulk up because I'm sitting at 66kg 180cm

Should I just focus on eating all my calories during lunch and dinner? When should I train during IF?
>>
>>38155025
the pain of an ear infection may distract you from your routine but antibiotics wont ruin your workout you fucking fool.

work through the pain but dont force yourself to finish if it becomes too much
>>
I can't fucking stand broccoli, the smell alone makes me nauseous

What can I substitute them with?
>>
File: 1353252957878.png (46KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1353252957878.png
46KB, 640x480px
hey /fit/, I've packed on 10lb (mostly muscle) over the last 5 months by working out a bunch and eating like I usually do. Is Tom Venuto's BtFFtM still highly regarded in terms of its dieting instructions?
>>
>>38157377
*because I wanna start putting effort into eating I mean
>>
>>38144651
I got a problem.

I can't get the back part of my tricep to grow. I've been making great gains everywhere but there. I don't know how to describe it and can't take a pic now, but it's the part that hangs at the bottom of the arm when you make a bicep. It's the part towards the lats when your arm hangs normally, not the cut toward the outside of your arm.

I currently do db bench, overhead press (bb or db), dips (bw or machine), and tricep push downs on a cable machine with rope attachment. These are the only excercise a I do that hit my tricep, and I don't do much isolation work. What can I add to bring up rear tricep or am I not doing correct push excercise said on push days?

I mire big guys with that part developed, really makes the arm look huge. Been lifting for 6 months, everything's growing nicely, but now that my arm is decently developed, I can't help but notice this absence.

Thanks for the help.
>>
>>38157194

You're over cooking it. Broccoli shouldn't smell. Try blanching.
>>
>>38157194
cauliflower, brussel sprouts similar
>>
Are ppl routines worth lifting 6times a week, or am I better pulling out a phul? What quad exercises are fit approved and don't tax the lower back a lot
>>
>>38149348
film it and post it back
>>
>>38157799
triceps long head

crosses the shoulder joint which means shoulder has to be extended

i'm a fan of rippetoe ltes
>>
Will lifting on a slight deficit hinder my size or strength gains? I can't handle bulk/cut cycles so I'm trying to stay perma lean without taking a shit load of supplements
>>
>>38157965
Unless you're very overweight or a complete beginner and/or both you wont be making any size gains and will struggle to become stronger too,
Initially i didnt want to do the bulk/cut shit either, but you can actually get great results just by eating a little less/more, I didnt even track my calories but just payed attention to my weight and lost 15 pounds and a significant amount of fat in just 2 months by eating less, not tracking any of it. I would strongly suggest you to do bulking and cutting cycles as that will net you the best results both strength and size-wise. Staying very lean makes it incredibly difficult to make decent gains without being on gear.
>>
>>38144651
Is calisthenics a meme or can I do real progress
>>
>>38153990
don't skwat or deadlift
>>
>>38158056
Thanks pal, im still a novice tho i'll go with what you said!
>>
>>38158170
Not necessarily a meme it just takes significantly longer for you to make decent size gains compared to lifting with weights.
>>
>>38144651
Fat fuck, cutting, does loose skin go away and how long does it take?
Also why does every /fit/ recipe include either rice or egg?
>>
Why the heck is my non dominant arm stronger and is growing more vascular than my dominant? Is this normal
>>
I only bend my knees slightly when going down on Deadlift. Is that ok? Still feel it on the hamstrings, glutes and lower back
>>
>>38145043
if you're doing both one of them will suffer
either you wont be lifting as much as you could or you wont be as fast/loose/powerful in muay thai

i train muay thai and i certainly wouldnt do that, but it might work for you, idk
>>
What's the difference between doing a high volume routine and doing 'endurance/aerobic' routine. I see people saying that anything above 20 reps is just aerobic but then others recommending high volume to get big. I'm more interested in getting bigger than getting stronger desu, which is why I'm looking at high volume sets but am confused as to how high is high or too high.
>>
Ok I have this weird problem where after working out and taking a nap when I wake up my mout feels really sweet, which is the opposite of what happens after I sleep during the night where it tastes foul.

And by sweet I mean like honey sweet, I think it's the salive, i've tried googling but found nothing, am I diabetic or something?
>>
What is natty?
Is it bodyweight exercises only?
No exercise?
Normal exercise without steroids?
>>
>>38159231

Natty means physique with no steroids or hormones, or artificial enlargement like Synthol.

Some people go the extra step with no supplements, but usually supplements don't count towards natty because they are nothing more than things you can find naturally, just condensed.
>>
>>38159265
Thank you, anon.

Follow up question: is it as prevalent as /fit/izens whine about or are they just looking at sour grapes?
>>
If I'm 92kg @ 20% body fat, Is it correct to assume that I would be at 13% bf If I lost 6.4 kg?

And another question Is it better to cut down to low body fat even if you end up with way less bodyweight and the bulk back from there?
Or should I cut down to my desired weight example 89~90 kg and just maintain?
>>
>>38159444

I think you are misunderstanding something here, /fit/ doesn't whine about it, going natty is obviouslt the preferred method because it involves a lot more steady work than roiding, without the health problems.

Scooby is a good example of someone that has been lifting for 30 years natty, now he's in his mid 50s and has a big body lots of people would like to have, the disadvantage of going natty is that you achieve in 3 or more years what someone on gear would achieve in 1 (see Zyzz)
>>
I don't really seem to have the ankle, heel and hip mobility for squats. Is my shit fucked?
>>
In the sticky, what does "Carbohydrates ("carbs"). 4 calories per gram." mean? Per gram of what?
>>
>>38159572
Weight. Calorie density.
>>
>>38159641

What? Of my weight?
>>
File: image.jpg (31KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31KB, 480x360px
>>38145050
It works, makes your relaxed gut smaller, also allows to manipulate your abs in crazy way, which is a cool party trick.
>>
>>38158975
Pls response
>>
>>38159687
1 gram of carbohydrates is 4 kcal
>>
The cross country coach really wants me on the team this year after not being able to join last year. I'm a senior already planning on wrestling and baseball later in the year so varsity in all three seasons would be cool. As a novice lifter, how would practice 5 times a week affect my gains? The most we run are 5ks, sometimes just doing sprints or running in sand pits. This would go on for about 3 and a half months. I plan to stay in a caloric surplus, of course. Currently following GSLP.
OHP 85 lbs
BP 120 lbs
Squat ATG 155 lbs
>>
>>38159814
Those are for 3x5 as well
>>
Do you guys wash your hair on a daily basis? I do because I want to keep it clean and remove the sweat I get from doing cardio and lifting 6 times a week, but I've heard that this damages your head skin as well as your hair in the long run. Is this momscience or should I start skiping a day or two without washing my hair after I workout?
>>
>>38159814
I wont affect you as long as you actually stay within the range of that caloric surplus. What can happen is that you'll need to incorporate a serious stretching routine to avoid glutes and legs soreness (that would impact both your squat and sprints). And you'll need a very disciplined sleep routine as well. Of course, this is just my opinion
>>
>>38160014
*It
>>
>>38148089
Crunches are useless. Do hanging leg raises or planks/weighted planks.
>>
>>38159922
go ahead and wash it. you shouldn't use shampoo that often however.
>>
>>38159922

Yeah it does damage your head skin

I suggest you try with just water
>>
>>38159922
It does dry you scalp, yes, and as other anons suggested just wash it with water every other day.
Alternatively, depending on how much you sweat, using dry shampoo might help you
>>
>>38160014
Okay, thank you. Would you recommend any specific routine or is the stretching and mobility section in the sticky good enough? In all honesty, I don't usually stretch but I'll get on it.
>>
>>38160054
>>38160174
>>38160274
K thanks senpai. Only water every other day then it is. Will see how it goes.

>>38160284
Got you breh
>http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/stretch-your-way-more-muscular-body-with-this-stretching-routine.htm
>>
File: Please+Respond.jpg (159KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
Please+Respond.jpg
159KB, 750x750px
>>38159480
please respond
>>
>>38160378

That's not how it works, you don't just lose fat, you lose muscle, you lose water and other shit
>>
>>38146138
turn around and walk back to traditional values
>>
>>38156948
no its an exercise you can do that supposedly helps flatten the abs along with other benefits
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDx1xfSobG4
>>
>>38160399
I was assuming no water weight, as I tend to not drink water before sleeping and piss out before measuring my self in the mornings.

Am I being autistic?

In any case what should I do when I reach 90kg? Maintain or just keep cutting?
I'm 6'4 with a pot belly.
>>
How to avoid loose skin?
I don't see signs of having it yet, but I'm afraid I will have some when I'll be done
I'm trying to go slow losing it so the skin will adapt, is this the right way?
>>
When I'm bracing my core, should I push my stomach out or just keep it "neutral?"
>>
>>38160440
It depends how much loose skin. Your body adapts to it over time and in small amounts you might feel bad about it but truthfully no one notices or cares. Mostly you just need patience

For a larger amount it's different
>>
>>38160497
I'm trying to go from 84 kg to 62, or whatever weight I should have to be skinny
Currently at 74
>>
>>38160456
Neutral, if you push out you're putting your back into lordosis
>>
>>38159730
sounds like youre doing more of a stiff legged or Romanian DL famalam
>>
>>38160432
>I was assuming no water weight, as I tend to not drink water before sleeping and piss out before measuring my self in the mornings.
I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure that's not what water weight is. It's not about whether you've peed or not, but rather water that your body holds f.ex to balance out a high sodium intake
>>
How long would it take me to get athletic mode natty?
>>
>>38160651
I assume since its a variation its okay. Thanks
>>
>>38160906
Depends on your current status stupid
>>
>>38160980

I'm 5'11 145
>>
>>38160980
>>38161019

Also used the navy method for body fat, 15%
>>
>>38145043
muay thai takes everything out of you. even if you eat like a boar you're going to be fucking tired.
unless you're a teenager or roiding, I don't think you'll actually want to train like that after the first week.

>>38144651
my friend is a fatty who wants to spend the minimal daily time on training to get slim. training everyday is better for mental reasons.
is PPL the best program or is there a better choice?
we already got his diet figured out.
>>
>>38159922
>not roiding till you're bald
>>
Should I take creatine?
I'm a skinny lanklet who is struggling with laughable weights and can't seem to put on any mass despite eating thousands of good calories.
>>
>>38161126
Creatine does very little after a couple weeks. It gets you kind of pumped for a while but you get used to it really soon. Most other supplements would help you more.
>>
>>38161149
Any examples?
I don't really know why I'm making so little progress it's really bumming me out. I'm eating at least 3000cal with 140g protein every day but I'm stuck at 50kg bench for weeks now.
>>
What's wrong with my bench? I can only bench 100lbs, and have struggled to get past it. I press my shoulders together and seem to do the form correctly, but my chest never hurts or feels like its being used, only my arms during the lift. Is my form fucked?
>>
File: 1407669890424.png (117KB, 1573x476px) Image search: [Google]
1407669890424.png
117KB, 1573x476px
Should I put my girl on this routine ?
>>
>>38161343
if you're going to give her leg exercises every training day, at least give her some variation
front squats, lunges, box jumps etc.
>>
>>38161403
She told me that she wanted to lose weight trough jogging.
I am going to try to get her to the gym.

I once found the routine on /fit/. Thought that her ass would only decrease when only doing cardio.

Maybe put her on SS because of the simplicity.
>>
>>38161445
explain to her that most of the energy is lost through muscle repair and building, and SS/PPL will give her much better results as she will keep burning energy throughout the day.
also don't give her a routine that will leave her with a huge ass and useless arms just because bug asses are fashionable.
>>
File: 1470172675938.jpg (78KB, 600x527px) Image search: [Google]
1470172675938.jpg
78KB, 600x527px
When is it appropriate to move from SS to TM?
>>
>>38161545
Will explain it to her and put her on SS for couple of months and add some accessories later on.
>>
>>38144651
I got a pain where my forarm muscle meets the elbow. If my elbow is shoulder height with my arm parallel to the grown, it hurts on the top of my elbow at the end of the muscle.
First started when I was doing deadlifts, then squeezing my fist a lot. The pain is very sharp, but kindof goes away quick like doms.

Question: Is this muscle soreness (OK), tendon pain (uh ??) or joint pain that is leading to fucked up elbows for life?
>>
File: 1465683518211 (1).jpg (92KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1465683518211 (1).jpg
92KB, 640x640px
have you bros ever fapped and then for like an hour afterwards there's like an internal tickle that you can't get rid of inside of your dick? Is that cum that's like trapped in there that didn't come out? It usually goes away after I have 2-3 good pisses
>>
When I bench press I put 30 lbs on each side. Does this mean I am benching 60 lbs?
>>
What should I do if I keep stalling on pretty much all lifts while sleeping 9.5 hours a day AND on a bulk (getting fatter but not stronger)?
I was on GSLP and switched to a linear PPL, both routines for beginners. Could it be that I need to switch to an intermediate program? I'm pretty sure my lifts are beginners though..

I can't understand why I keep stalling.
My lifts:
Squat: 82.5 kg (had to take a 2 month break from squatting because of a hip flexor problem)
Deadlift: 93 kg
Bench: 62.5 kg
OHP: 40 kg

Squat is pretty much the only lift I can progress linearly because I used to squat 100 kg before I had to stop for 2 months. Any ideas /fit/?
>>
...Anonymous
08/03/16(Wed)14:54:03 No.38158213
Is it normal to have very low energy towards the end of a cut? I estimate I have about 5 lbs left and I've already been cutting for 5 months. My calories are getting quite low and I've upped cardio to keep losing. I find I'm basically always lethargic and taking frequent naps. I could probably sleep all day if I wanted to.

>tfw capcha is pancakes
>>
>>38162261
Shit sorry about the bs at the top of my question, copied it from other thread
>>
Does a bowflex work as well as lifting weights? My dad has one and he wants to give it to me, but I dunno if it's worth it
>>
How to eat more? I swear, I understand that I need to eat more to bulk up. But I am just HORRIBLE at eating much. I'm 145 5'9 and jesus is it hard for me to eat and gain more weight. Small stomach and small appetite I guess. How to improve this?
>>
>>38162445
eat calorie-dense foods like peanut butter, nuts, etc. I mean, you could always smoke weed if you're into that sorta thing
>>
Are cable crossover's even somewhat useful as an accessory exercise for bench press?
>>
does /fit/ know a reliable and hopefully inexpensive Milligram scale?

Inaccurate ones can be dangerous or wasteful, but I don't know if there is a trusted model /fit/ knows of well.
>>
Do I need saturated fats on my diet?
>>
>>38162735
need? no
>>
>>38162752
Is it harmful not to eat them?
>>
>>38162761
no but they're in a lot of things
>>
>>38162789
I see. I read something about hormones and saturated fats. I don't know if it is true.
>>
why do people say the 'stripped' 5x5 beginner routine is shit? noob here and ive just started it, am i wasting my time, and why?
>>
>>38162445
Cheese. Melted cheese. I used to melt blocks of cheese in the microwave and eat it with a spoon. Gained a shit ton of weight because it's so calorie dense.
>>
>>38162803
keep in mind that saturated fats is a group of different fats and the various saturated fats have different effects on your health.
>>
never taken the gym seriously before. is it possible to lose weight and gain muscle at the same time? will i gain muscle if eating at a caloric deficit?
>>
>>38162891
yes, when you're new, especially if you're new and fat. it won't last long and you won't get ripped doing so.
>>
>>38162891
if you're just starting yes

but it depends on what you mean by "never taken the gym seriously before"
>>
Gymbag starting to die, thinking about grabbing a backpack this time, and makes or models that you fucks could recommend?

Probably going to avoid underarmor, they feel a bit played out at this point
>>
What are your guys' go-to potato recipes

I just made mashed russet potatoes with just a little bit of butter, some low fat yogurt, and a splash of milk (and salt+pepper) but wanna know what you guys like/make/enjoy/have success with/don't off yourselves after eating
>>
>>38162901

so what do you do when it stops happening? can you continue to get stronger just without visible aesthetic improvement at a caloric deficit? i think i need to cut about 20lbs, shall i just keep lifting and keep eating less as well and then start a clean bulk when ive got rid of all the flub?

>>38162915
ive had a membership for a while but used to go like maybe once or twice a month. only recently been consistantly going with a routine (the 'stripped' 5x5. is the stripped 5x5 just dumb or is it worthwhile?
>>
>>38162954
go look up jamie olivers 'roast potatoes 3 ways' or whatever. he makes one with extra virign olive oil and does this technique where he mashes the potatoes down to increase their surface area with the pan, making them amazingly crispy. pretty healthy, unbelievably tasty
>>
I did 2000 jumps on a jump rope, i thought it would take an hour as google told me i would burn 10 calories per minute. I ended up doing 2000 in 20 minutes, how many calories wouldve i burned if i streched my workout to an hour, instead of 20 minutes, or is it the same.
>>
>>38162996
thanks famanigga
>>
>>38162975
if you don't lift you'll lose a lot of muscle mass on a cut. lifting helps preserve it. you'll end up with more muscle mass after the cut if you lift, so in a way you're making gains just by maintaining.
>>
File: 1383149594620.jpg (16KB, 251x249px) Image search: [Google]
1383149594620.jpg
16KB, 251x249px
What do I do when women try to talk to and befriend me in the gym?

I was always told that picking up women in the gym was a bad idea. Is that only for ugly people?
>>
>>38163208
jesus if they try to talk to you, and you talk back, and you find out that they're cunts then just don't befriend them

otherwise stop being a god damn sperg
>>
>>38163208
wtf Anon, be friendly to everyone and don't be a creep.
If a girl tries to talk to you, talk back.
You don't have to hit on them.
>>
File: 1446858467224.jpg (29KB, 510x345px) Image search: [Google]
1446858467224.jpg
29KB, 510x345px
Is maca powder legit or is it just a meme?
>>
Didn't get an answer in the last thread so going to ask again. Is 1 minute enough rest when doing 3 sets of 8 or so reps? I've been stalling on bench press lately and I'm considering increasing the rest, which I haven't needed to do for any of my other lifts.
>>
File: 1389633258618.gif (2MB, 390x300px) Image search: [Google]
1389633258618.gif
2MB, 390x300px
>>38163248
>>38163266
>back ugly in middle school and have women constantly talk shit about me, call me annoying, etc
>legitimately just didn't know how not to act like a sperg

>get out of high school, cocoon mode, start lifting and composing myself like an alpha for 5 years
>still can't trust women, afraid to get close to any of them emotionally
>>
>>38163302
consider it practice then faggot

if you're a full grown adult (either you or the girls or whatever) and you talk to someone to befriend them then proceed to talk shit about them behind their back, then you got issues.

You're just talking to another person god dammit, you're not cuddling up together and staying up all night telling each other secrets and shit

tl;dr just fawkin talk to them casually god dammit
>>
>>38163353
You're right. I appreciate the help.
>>
>>38163372
i believe in you
>>
>>38158864
that arm is getting a relatively harder work out than your dominant one from lack of use
>>
is it good to do core excercises when doing gslp?
>>
>>38163592
yeah, add cable crunches and planks on alternating days

as u may already know: dieting has more an effect on abs than workouts, unless you are ultra weak
>>
I've been tracking bodyfat and weight religiously for years with spreadsheets and shit. Somehow I've gained 6lbs of lean mass in 60 days. How can this be? I'm shitting regularly and don't think it could be entirely water weight. Have my gains left this planet behind?
>>
File: HUN_monarchy.png (2KB, 100x67px) Image search: [Google]
HUN_monarchy.png
2KB, 100x67px
whats a good workout for someone who is just out of shape? also are wall sits effective?.
>>
>>38163755
You are eating too much for your weight?
>>
>>38159693
kek no obliques at all
>>
>>38159693
I used to do this when I was younger. Now I'm fat.
>>
>Started lifting as 5'5'' 125lbs semi-skelly a few months back
>Started focusing on eating
>Got up to 150lbs
>Suddenly lost all my appetite
What do? I've eaten only three times today and it's 9 pm already. Thinking of having to eat more makes me feel sick. What could make me get my appetite back?
>Inb4 eat more
>>
File: 1446664039843.jpg (3MB, 3008x4527px) Image search: [Google]
1446664039843.jpg
3MB, 3008x4527px
Hey /fit/
Yesterday I went to the gym with my new room mate for the first time in about two years. We were working biceps and chest and today I have a tightness/pain that feels like its inside my right elbow.

Putting my arm straight out to the side, the pain occurs slightly when I bend my arm beyond 90 degrees and then increases further when I bring my fist towards my shoulder.

The pain is not excruciating or anything, I just want to know if this is normal or I fucked up somewhere. I had my friend and the gym guy watching over me as it was my first time and they didn't point out anything.

My roommate wants to go back today, should I join him or do I risk fucking up my arm for longer?

Thanks
>>
What to focus on for swimming if I want to work my obliques and core? Any exercises in the water worth doing too?
>>
>>38163785
I said lean mass. Not weight.
>>
>>38163898
also to avoid confusion, I should add that I know pain is normal, I have muscle soreness in my chest and a little in my biceps. I've never had pain inside my elbow though.

I don't think I was overexerting either. I was going fairly easy so I didn't kill my muscles after so long
>>
how the fuck do you all pronounce dyel.
I've lurked for a few years and haven't seen one, although I'm sure it's been discussed...
I pronounce it phonetically as "Dee Whyyy L"
>>
>>38163936
I pronounce it as 'do you even lift'
>>
>>38163910
Oh. Do you think every gram you gain is muscle?
>>
>>38163980
No? I have gained more than 6lbs. I measure my bodyfat using a caliper daily, I'm not retarded. I have gained 6 pounds of fat-free mass in 60 days, that is what I'm asking about.
>>
>>38163936
In my head I read "D-yell" but you should really never say it out loud at all.
>>
>>38163936
In my head i pronounce it "die el"

but yeah >>38164027 never say it out loud because I'm not a fucking idiot
>>
>>38164014
You can't count it so exactly. Weight comes and goes.
>>
Just cant seem to get the dl form right. Only feel it in back when doing it.
So the question is: Should I pay for 1hour personal trainer?
Are they any good?
Do they have the knowledge to help me or are they just gym rats pretending to know anything?
>>
>>38164068
just find another dude deadlifting who looks like they know what theyre doing, and ask them to give you some help.
>>
>>38163896
smaller, more frequent meals. liquid calories.

>>38164068
Totally depends on the individual trainer. How it feels doesn't necessarily mean much. A good first step is to film your sets--for yourself, if not for us.
>>
>>38164106
I've asked 3 or 4 different people and they say my form looks ok, but it still doesnt feel right, so i dont know what do.

>>38164128
Im scared of looking like a retard setting up my phone trying to film myself.
>>
>>38164149
>Im scared of looking like a retard setting up my phone trying to film myself.
literally who cares

or whatever, do what you want, but jesus
>>
>>38164068
I usually just ask the gym attendant, they know what they're doing and would rather you not fucking die in their gym.

>>38164149
Just get someone else to film you from side on and then compare it to a youtube video. Tell them you need to check your form if you must, they're at the gym too, they'll understand
>>
is it okay for me to eat my mean an hour before workout and then drink protein shake after workout without any additional food
>>
I want to hit abs hard at home. What is the best routine to do that. I have free weights/dumbbells/barbell and a chin up bar.
>>
>>38164167
Ait. Thanks for the help :)
>>
How do you guys differentiate between pain that you should push through and pain where you should probably take a break
>>
>>38163898
>>38163923
same happened to me after a long break of 10 months, it passed in a couple of days, guess its just soreness. dont worry bro
>>
>>38164202
Sure

>>38164211
Density blocks of hanging leg raises or L-chins. pick a time somewhere around 7-10 minutes and do as many reps as possible within that time 2-3x/week.
>>
>>38164232
Cool thanks bro, just making sure I didn't do any actual damage that I could worsen
>>
>>38164230
Common sense
>>
How important is it to hit all of your macros when cutting?

I usually hit my protein and carbs, but my fat macro is generally only halfway there.
>>
>>38164230
Painful experience, mostly.

>sharp pain bad
>unilateral pain bad
>pain that doesn't go away after warming up bad
>>
I want to get back into fitness and want to start with some bodyweight exercises. I would do a lot of push ups, but my wrists fucking hurt after 1 or 2. I used to do dozens a day, but since I had a baby, carrying him must have fucked my wrists.

Anyway, what are some decent BW workouts that I can do for maybe 20 mins a day?
>>
how much does 1pl8 weigh on its own, no bar, no nothing
>>
R8 pls

Full body 3x a week

Week A: Hypertrophy 4x8
Bench Press
OHP
Weighted Dips
Weighted Chinups & Pullups
Back Squat
Bent Over Barbell Row
Deadlift
Lateral Raises

Week B: Strength 5x5
Bench Press
OHP
Weighted Dips
Weighted Chinups & Pullups
Back Squat
Bent Over Barbell Row
Deadlift
Lateral Raises
>>
>>38164334
1pl8 refers to a total of 60kg, being two 20kg plates and one 20kg bar.
>>
>>38164334
20kg/45lb, although the red plates you sometimes see used as the main plate in meets and in powerlifting- or weightlifting-oriented gyms (see e.g. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7kaNbapN6A) weigh 25kg.

>>38164351
too much shit for any of it to be effective/10
never really lifted seriously/10
>>
>>38164359
you the real MVP, so when people say they reached 1pl8 bench, is that for 1 rep or some other amount
>>
So I bulked for a while and build up some strength. I'm 6'2 and was about 190 lb. Bench 150lb, squat about 300, nothing impressive but I could tell I put on some muscle.

Anyways heres the thing. Decided to cut and lost 15 lb. Hardly look different. Dropped another 15 lb, still no 6pac. What the hell is going on? Is my LBM like 100 pounds?
>>
>>38164395
Really? I find that I recovered alot of my strength after a month and half hiatus very quickly. I do rest alot in between sets so I'm fine to continue my workout.
But I want feedback
>>
>>38164458
>I recovered alot of my strength after a month and half hiatus very quickly
Where were you when you left off? Where were you when you got back? Where did you end up? Height/weight/numbers, please.
>>
File: lbs-day.png (12KB, 560x460px) Image search: [Google]
lbs-day.png
12KB, 560x460px
a-am I making it? will I not be a fatty some day? (5'11'')
>>
Had a bad oral surgery appointment today bros...

I have a lesion in my face that requires removal. There's a small chance everything fine, but it's more likely I'll have to go back in for root canals or worse: Complete tooth removal.

Why? I brushed twice a day. I floss semi-regularly. I don't want to be fucking ugly with a shit smile

why the fuck did this happen
>>
File: c4.jpg (55KB, 620x236px) Image search: [Google]
c4.jpg
55KB, 620x236px
do i need to do the loading stage with a pure creatine supplement if i've been on c4 for about 3 months now?
>>
>>38145050
tbqh they're 4/10 usefulness but have a place.
>>38164742
yes
>>38164435
Sounds like you are bottom heavy and maybe having compensation for mass distribution by your abs not existing. you also do need to build those muscles, do some crunch machines and planks etc if you want to see results. Also your Bench to Squat disparity is a bit out of whack but gj
>>
I'm in my fifth week of sl 5x5

Last A day I couldn't complete 5 sets of rows at 120, so today I tried again. No go. So I'm deloading to 105.

Benching today I wasn't able to finish 5 sets at 140. Next A day I'll try again.

Am I being too cautious? Should I be deloading this early?

6'3 245
Squat 170x5
Bench 140x5
Row 105x5
Deadlift 205x5
OHP 105x5

Also I added curls to my B day and standing tricep extensions to my A day this week. Should I be going for 5x5 of those as well or sets of 8
>>
>>38164068

DL day with whatever is non-strenuous but muscle taxing. 6-7 sets of higher rep perfect form.

watch videos on youtube, read an article etc. Use mirrors 100% if you have them. Trainer will influence your form but not allow you to form the logical understanding of what to fire and hold like in resting/flexing position
>>
>>38164513
6'2 20
73kg --) 69kg
69kg -) 72kg

Stats before month off: .5/1/2.5/2.5
Stats as of this week: .5/1.25/2/2
All of these for 5 reps
>>
>>38164812
Warm up with heavier weights, eat more. Try switching up your workout. Try more hypertrophy. Hydrate more.
All of this should help
>>
>>38144651
What happens if a skelly lifts every day? Also what happens if you lift more sets than the program tells you to? Will you gain faster or slower?
>>
>>38164995
OK. The fact that you did that with the programming you posted doesn't really prove much, and I don't think it'll take you very far, but, hey, as long as you're having fun.
>>
>>38165047
OK. I am having alot of fun. but hey I could really some feedback. What am I doing wrong? Apart from too much volume in one day.
>>
>>38165071
>Apart from too much volume in one day.
Apart from that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

(I suspect you're not warming up enough or taking enough time between sets to progress much beyond where you are, but that's a function of trying to treat six or seven exercises as main lifts.).
>>
>>38165137
DYEL? You anal faggot?
>>
What are the best exercises to do before swimming for maximum gains? I do an hour of swimming on non-lifting days and wanted to od some accessories.
>>
>>38165318
nah bro i just do zumba to get long lean and toned. chicks don't dig big ugly muscles.
>>
Skelly who started today, lifted until I nearly passed out. Will I make it?
>>
File: IMG_0826.jpg (102KB, 1023x682px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0826.jpg
102KB, 1023x682px
I'm skinnyfat af, like 20-22% bf probably. I wanna look something like pic related (pls no bully just the first decent picture I found in my phone)
Should I:
A. SS and eat at maintenance hoping for body recomp
B. SS and eat at a deficit hoping to get stronker while also losing fat
or
C. Start Couch to 5k and eat at a deficit until like 12% bf, hoping to get super lean before bulking and lifting.
>>
>>38165398
Maybe.

>>38165545
barbellmedicine.com/potpourri/584
>>
I didn't have a lunch ready at work today so I ate 6 doughnuts. My body isn't used to that many carbs and sugar and I've felt like shit all day. I missed my window to go do my sl5x5 tonight at my gym and I still feel like shit even after finally eating some eggs. What do I do to stop feeling like a 6'3 217lb doughnut?
>>
>>38165623
Consider this a learning moment, anon.
>>
>>38165623
don't eat 6 doughnuts
>>
File: image2.png (32KB, 900x501px) Image search: [Google]
image2.png
32KB, 900x501px
I'm currently fat as fatass, and can only do 6 pushups before my knees start touching the ground.

Is this normal, or am I a dyel?
>>
>>38165679
That is not fucking normal
>>
>>How do you greentext?
>>
>>38165679
Height and weight?
>>
>>38165398
If you have the will to train until you pass out, then maybe. Just don't do that everyday, anon.
>>
>>38165766
5'10", 185lbs. I should rephrase my post, it's more my whole lower body gives in and my arms are holding me up.
>>
Is overtraining a meme?
>>
>>38165831
what's better 2.5pl8 squat but shallow or 2pl8 but deep?
>>
>>38165887
2.5pl8 deep
>>
>>38165919
why not 3pl8 deep?
>>
Just started macro portioning seriously. Been aiming for

35 protein
35 carbs
30 fat

Usually ends up 35, 40, 25 but I've been trying to add more nuts into my diet.

Just got off a hard cut, so im trying for maintenance right now. How are my percent ratios?
>>
>>38165831
In the clinical sense of overtraining syndrome, yeah, pretty much.

In the sense of doing too much shit, nah. You can adapt to most anything, but it takes time, and sleep and nutrition are important.

>>38165887
>"better" as in more impressive
Nobody cares either way.

>better as in more conducive to your goals
Depends on you, depends on your goals. Measure it and see.
>>
File: 1456495903640-b.jpg (21KB, 480x530px) Image search: [Google]
1456495903640-b.jpg
21KB, 480x530px
Help me bros. I can't squat or do anything with knees for a while (physios orders). Need a good routine if I'm just going upper bod
>>
I am a fat cunt finally getting fit for health reasons. Lost a bit of weight and did first gym session yesterday. I felt really weak after, I can barely eat anything either.

I have a real lack of stamina, and a job that really takes it out of me, on feet all day. I work mostly evenings with some afternoons. I want to balance gym and work but not sure how. If it's always this difficult after I will really struggle?
>>
What has more protein for the dollar?
Chicken breast, greek plain yogurt or lean ground beef?

I'm a poorfag so I want cheap but healthy/nutritionally sound protein.
>>
>>38165970
Do what you were doing before, but without squatting or anything with knees.
But your physio is probably memeing. They usually do.

>>38166043
You'll toughen up.
>>
>>38166043
If your work has you on your feet all day, I'm surprised you're a fat cunt.
>>
>>38166043

Not, your body is in shock cause you aren't used to exercising. Give it two weeks and you'll feel better the morning after you work out than you would have if you didn't at all.

Get in shape and you'll figure out "being on your feet all day" isn't that bad if you aren't putting 100 extra pounds on your feet.
>>
>>38166067
>go to a grocery store near you
>look at the label
>look at the price
I hope you can figure the rest out for yourself.
>>
>>38166090
I just started. I'm a student, it's a summer job.
>>
Hey guys. I foam roll every night before bed. Should I foam roll before lifting too?
>>
>>38166181
Try it and see if you like it.
>>
WS4SB: Am I doing this right?

I am currently working on my bench press for max lift upper body and repetition days.

For my max lift days, I do something along the lines of: 5@135; 5@155; 5@185; 5@190; 3-5@195

And for my last repetition day, since being corrected here, I do: 20@135; 12@135; 8@135

My 1RM is 225. Am I doing this right? What should my routine be like next week? +5 to each lift or just to my last lift?
>>
>>38165014
I'm stupid so if I warm up more won't I get more tired and get the shakes faster?

I'm currently warming up with 95 on bench and 1 plate for squat and DL

Not warming up with OHP because it's so light or row because I'm less that 1plate
>>
Thinking about starting couch 2 5k for my heart gains, but worried about adding in appropriate amounts of calories for it.
Currently cutting but trying to preserve what little gains I have made so far (recovering skelly)
73kg 184cm, eating 2850 calories a day, how much more would you suggest eating to compensate?
>>
>>38162703
Halp
>>
>>38144651
I started lifting a month ago, and I keep failing 130 on my thrid set
I go down to 105 and work my way back up after a while but it keeps happening
>>
File: 1400467607102.gif (2MB, 235x180px) Image search: [Google]
1400467607102.gif
2MB, 235x180px
>>38144651
I'm tired of strength and powerlifting programs, and I can't find a single 4 day brosplit that isn't legs twice a day, I'm trying to set up my own.

Would this work?

>Day 1: chest/triceps
>Day 2: back/biceps
>Day 3: shoulders/traps
>Day 4: legs
>4 exercises of 3-4x8-10 sets per muscle
>more volume on leg day
>>
Does anyone have a favorite cutting/lean bulk food/recipe?

My favorites at the moment are Eringi Mushroom. 24 calories for 100g, and it's nice and meaty ant tastes great with just salt and pepper/paprika. It's ridiculously satiating for 24 calories and actually tastes good, packed with nutrients to boot.

If I have an extra 180 calories to spend, I brine my chicken in miso paste sauce which tastes good as shit. 6-7g of protein too.
>>
>>38166846
I'd swap shoulders/traps with legs as you're going to be using the triceps for pushing; they need a longer rest than 1 day if hit harder.

This is a brosplit I typically recommend, except adding some abs on leg day: https://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/4-day-maximum-mass-workout
>>
>>38166948
Been making mashed turnips for the last week. Really happy with the results. Similar consistency to mashed potatoes. Pairs well with spinach.

Pound of Turnips, chopped into quarters. Boil for 30 minutes until butter knife soft. Cut off stems and peel to taste. TBS of margarine, splash of milk. Mine come out to 39 calories per serving when I split the mess into 4.
>>
File: 1467940206369.jpg (180KB, 580x542px) Image search: [Google]
1467940206369.jpg
180KB, 580x542px
Why would you wear a baseball cap bawkeqrds to the gym?
>>
File: image.jpg (52KB, 980x490px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52KB, 980x490px
>>38144651

*crashes your car* *survives*

Pssh nothin personal kid
>>
So this board just confused the shit out of me
I run a 5k at roughly 21 minutes and figured the key to getting faster would be to just keep pushing myself harder during the uphill sequences, but apparently slower is best? Is this another meme I should be cautious of?
>>
>>38167174
Interval training my runningfag friend. Long sets of low intensity followed by short bursts of high intensity. And remember cardio KILLS gains.
>>
/fit/ I hate SS even with chinups and I want to lift more weights
>how can I lift weights every single day instead of 3x a week? How do I program that shit in
>Could I just do hypertrophy work on the days I don't do SS?
>>
>>38144651
When people refer to a pl8, how much weight are they referring to?
>>
>>38167379

20KG

A 1pl8 bench is two 20 plates and the bar weighing in at 20
>>
>>38167379
a 20kg plate on either end of a 20kg barbell
1pl8 = 60kg
2pl8 = 100kg
3pl8 = 140kg
4pl8 = 180kg
5pl8 = 220kg
etc
>>
>>38167265
If you want to lift every day, you have to do a split. There's no way around it
>>
>>38167438
I've heard bad things about a split though, especially for beginners like me...
worth mentioning but my goal is to hit 1/2/3/4 then start bodybuilding or powerbuilding
>>
Im 6 foot 3
13 stone

is this normal?
>>
>>38167379
I take it as 45 pounds.
1pl8 = 45 lbs * 2 + bar = 135 lbs = 61.24 kg
1pl8 = 20 kg * 2 + bar = 60 kg = 132.2 lbs
This really doesn't matter for 1pl8, but when you put on 2+, it starts to as that's a 5+ pound difference.
>>
my core is somewhat weak and i'm trying to get rid of a little gut while cutting. every night before bed i do around 4 exercises for 3-4 sets each (as well as a 5 day workout). here's what i've been doing

>push up
>plank
>lumberjack crunch
>side plank

realistically i dont want to spend a long time doing these but i also dont want to waste time doing useless shit. is this good enough or should i add more/remove something?
>>
>>38167506
>+bar
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAA WHAT THE FUCK
>>
>>38167479
Splits can be bad because:
1) Not enough focus on low rep, heavy compound lifts
2) No clear plan of linear progression and deload scheme

If you make sure your split is built around heavy low rep compounds, and you understand that you must consistently progressively overload (increase the weight every time you make all of your reps) and understand how to deload (if you fail your reps 3 workouts in a row, then drop the weight by 20% and work back up doing AMRAP), then a split works fine.

Thing is noobs don't understand this and want to cut corners, especially because they don't get ample time to rest. So they end up half-assing the split. Full-ass it and it's fine.

Here's my routine, working very well:

>Diddly day
1x5 Diddlys
1x5 Sumo Diddlys
5x3 Power Cleans
3 Farmers Walks
Leg Curls
Shrugs

>Press day
3x5 The Press
3x5 Bench
Arnold press, incline bench, dips, delt raises, db flyes
Tricep pump

>Skwot day
3x5 Back Squats
3x6 BB Lunges
3x6 DB Lunges
3 Uneven Farmers Walks
3 Planks
Calf Raises

>Upper back day
3xF Pullups
3x5 Pendlays
3x5 Lat Pulldowns
Face Pulls
TBar Rows, DB Rows, cable pullovers
Bicep pump
>>
Drink lemon juice to lose weight? No water added or sugar, just a good 4 big limes.
>>
>>38167836
The sticky answers this question
>>
>>38144651
im 20 in little less than 2 months, I take HGH, can I grow some nches in height?
>>
>>38167836
yup helps da gut breh
>>
>>38167855
No
>>
Which bench combo is better for aesthetics:

1. Flat barbell and incline dumbbell
Or
2. Incline barbell and flat dumbbell?
>>
If i take a higly androgen steroid in my relative young age little younger than 20, can it give me masuline facial bone structure?
>>
>>38167884
Dumbbell for both
>>
I'm currently cutting and wondering whether I should do HIIT or LISS, my goal is heart gains mostly(bad BP), while trying to retain whatever muscle mass I have. Which would be better?
>>
File: Rep-Ranges.png (42KB, 1008x1008px) Image search: [Google]
Rep-Ranges.png
42KB, 1008x1008px
>>38155083
>mass-building routine
>>
>>38159056
see
>>38168447
>>
>>38159572
Carbs. If I said "Gold. $1000 per ounce." Would you not understand that either?
>>
Probably not the optimal board for it but I take your guys know more about nutrition than others.

How much caffeine is too much/causes bad side effects?

I am a pretty skinny guy, used to drink 4-5 energy drinks a day (each having 160mg) and recently bought caffein tabs with 200mg in each. Popped one 12h ago and it didn't have much of an effect. Took 1 more two hours ago ... well, still not too much but I feel a bit more awake than usual after a night of no sleep. Want to test is further with one more but this seems like overdoing it a bit.

As far I know the daily safe dose is 400mg but since I am used to take more, I guess I'll be fine, right? What's the worst that can happen? Not a diabetic and my blood pressure tends to be rather low.
>>
>>38162188
Depends on if your bar is weightless or not.
>>
>>38163284
Rest long enough to be able to complete the next set.
>>
>>38163936
Rhymes with Nile in my head.
>>
Is elliptical training a good substitude for running?
>>
>>38168691

If your goal is to burn calories, yes. It has significantly less usefulness if you're looking at performance of any sort.
>>
>>38167265
>hypertrophy
see
>>38168447
>>
>>38167379
This should really be in the sticky. It gets asked multiple times in these threads.
>>
>>38168699
Well I'm skinny and my goal is general stamina
I guess just running outside would do a better job, then right?
>>
>>38168719
yes probably. But if its between nothing and elliptical then obviously do elliptical. Consistency is key. Don't run and hate it and give it all away in a fortnight
>>
>>38168710

People really need to stop posting that pic without reading the damned studies.

Hypertrophy comes out pretty similar between high and low weights if you control for volume. That last bit? Really fucking important, since lower intensity stuff is vastly easier on the system and thus can be programmed at much higher volumes for the same recovery requirements.
>>
Working set of 5x3 maybe 8x2 at 85%-95% 1RM possible/efficient?
>>
Do you NEED to use a gym at some point to have an amazing body top tier body, or can you get by with a set of freeweights?

I'm asking because I want to make bodybuilding my serious hobby, steroid use an all, but for the next two years I won't be anywhere near a gym at all.
>>
>>38168750
*Everyday i might add for fullbody routine
>>
>>38168750

Possible? Yes.

Efficient? Probably not. Training over 90% for extended periods is brutal and you're looking at doing a lot of work to get in much volume overall.
>>
>>38154860
I'm not that anon but can steroids hope you reach higher strength levels quicker? I mean obviously but for a near beginner would it help?
>>
what is the bump limit again?
>>
>>38144651
Is there anything wrong with lifting every day instead of resting every second day? I'm doing SL 5X5.
>>
>>38168928

Before long, it'll be unsustainable on that program. You just won't be able to recover fast enough to hit your reps the next day.
>>
>>38156908
Work until form breaks
>>
>>38161565
1/2/3/4
>>
>>38165822
different anon, but if push ups are too hard for you then do push ups on your knees and then you'll build enough strength to do even more without them in the future. Keep at it bro
>>
Should I do calisthenics in the morning and SL in the evening
>>
>>38162187
I kind of remember getting that around 17 years ago and coming to the conclusion its from pissing to soon after cumming.
>>
>>38168153
Anyone?
>>
>>38168994
Just do the program as written.
>>
How long should my workouts be? I'm normally at the gym for about an hour but sometimes I get through my lifts in about 45 minutes if they're not a lot of people at the gym.
>>
>>38168994
no

>>38168753
you can do almost anything and have a good body with steroids

>>38168750
>>38168754
no. you cannot do that every day.

>>38168727
that implication doesn't come from 'reading the damned studies' - you only need that pic to come to that conclusion

and the point is to demonstrate how the base programme itself is hypertrophy work, so people don't end up adding extra unnecessary volume when they don't need to - or even swapping out the base rep ranges for 'hypertrophy rep ranges'

>>38168691
yes, and less stressful.

unless you're training for a specific sport/event I wouldn't suggest running

>>38168585
I'm pretty sure chronically getting too much caffiene can fuck with your heart rhythm or something along those lines.

I would cut back on the caffiene m8 and lower your tolerance.

>>38168153
>>38169039
depending on how fit you are, I would suggest LISS until you can do a light jog for at least 10-15 minutes - then you can swap to HIIT.

going straight to HIIT with poor cardio and bad BP could be too stressful.

>>38168037
not at 20

if you were 10 then maybe
>>
>>38169129
I've been doing C25k, and last was on W6D2, my best is a 20 minute jog so far.
Know any decent HIIT program?
>>
>>38169129
Yeah, roids are like that I hear, but I'm wondering isthis optimal? Can I have optimal workouts with cheap home equipment?
>>
>>38169242
well optimal implies the best - so no.

if you have a decently filled out gym, i.e. bar, a lot of weight, squat stands or similar, bench and adjustable dumbbells - then you'll be fine.

you won't get too big if you have only say a couple small dumbbells and try to do sets of 50 lunges cause you don't have any more weight.

>>38169155
just do any standard template - make it up yourself

you can do 30 secs on, 30 secs off and repeat for say 10 minutes - then increase 'on' and decrease 'off' as you improve.

if you're doing proper full effort bouts for 'on' I wouldn't go above 10-15 minutes. if its not full effort you can afford to build it up to 20-30 minutes
>>
What's considered a low carb diet? 50 to 150 grams? How much should I be eating if bulking?
>>
Does anyone have a good swimming routine for freestyle? Goal would be to swim like 2km in one go?
Thread posts: 319
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.