[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

USMC funeral detail

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: USMC-091124-M-1318S-092.jpg (2MB, 3000x1941px) Image search: [Google]
USMC-091124-M-1318S-092.jpg
2MB, 3000x1941px
Sup guys, so the Marines has openings down in Washington DC to be a body bearer and carry the casket at funeral detail. The minimum requirements to get into the school are
225 bench x10 reps
315 squat x 10 reps
135 behind the neck shoulder press x10
115 barbell curl x10 reps

That's just to get into the school, graduating requires doubling those rep counts to 20 each. The Marines use 2 less dudes to carry the casket at shoulder height and then perform basically an upright row raising it to eyeball height before lowering it down slowly into the ground. All without showing any emotion or signs of duress or fatigue.

How many dudes here got what it takes? I was thinking of trying out since making the team means spending the next 2 years basically getting paid to lift 3 hours a day and eat thousands of calories as your whole job. Tried the test out at the gym by myself and only failed the bicep curl part
>SS claims another victim
>>
Well, I have a 365 wilks score, which is pretty good in powerlifting circles, but it means that my bench max is only 110kgs (I weigh 66kgs).

I guess I'll never be a coffin bearer.
Kinda sucks being a manlet.
>>
>>38144191

i literally dont believe you.

Source?
>>
>>38145551
http://marinesmagazine.dodlive.mil/2010/06/29/marine-corps-body-bearers/

Those dude are straight bearmode, they look ridiculous in there dress blues
>>
There is also a deadlift requirement upon completion of the training, that is only the initial strength test.
>>
>>38146236
Well, I would hope pall bearers would be able to deadlift...
>>
>>38146236
What's the deadlift? Imy only pulling 505 for 1 right now. Either way I'm not gonna do it Imyself stationed 5 minutes from home and go to college at night here, don't wanna move across the country
>>
I am a Navy Casket Bearer based out of DC like 10 minutes from these guys. We do some joint service training together (basically run thru's of what happens during a presidents funeral) and can confirm these guys are physical freaks. They make all other branches casket bearers look like children, myself included.
>>
>>38146270
Pretty sure it's 415 for 10. You shouldn't be far from that if you're pulling over 500.
>>
>>38146407
I can probably get 6
>>
>>38145954
That site says you need to hit those numbers, but not for 10 reps.

>
Smurr suggested each Marine arrive at the school able to bench press a minimum of 225 pounds, military press 135, curl 115, and squat at least 315.
>>
File: DSC_0121.jpg (489KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0121.jpg
489KB, 1600x1200px
>>38144191
>tfw i can only do the curling part
>>
>>38147030
I literally asked my boss about it because a marine corps wide email came out yesterday and we read those numbersx10 on the email. I can't post screenshots of DOD email to 4chan so I just Googled it and pulled the first results. Watch the YouTube video nigga
>>
>>38147068
That neck wew
>>
>>38147149
i have one extra cervical vertebrae
>>
>>38147170
Do some shrugs and neck exercises it looks like a pencil
Mirin arms though
>>
>>38147203
yah i couldnt do any shrugs or any overhead exercise for a month because i have military neck and my neck gets injured easily,ill try to start doing shrugs first,then OHP when my neck gets better,thanks for the motivation!
>>
>>38147220
Deadlifts actually really help for thickening up the neck. Really just building your traps in any way.
>>
>>38147068
bet you can't do that as well
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.