[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cutting: Carbs vs Fat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: anatomy pic.jpg (207KB, 1300x1300px) Image search: [Google]
anatomy pic.jpg
207KB, 1300x1300px
Hello /fit/,
I am going to start my first cut. While bulking I had a pretty high protein / fat diet with relatively low carb intake. Not because I was following a strict 'diet' but more because it was easier to hit my kcal goal with my limited appetite that way. Most of my meals consisted out of high fat meat (certain cuts of pork f.e.) + veggies.
When it comes to cutting I read that most try to hit their protein and fat goals and then fill the rest with carbs to keep their energy up. But I have the feeling that eating fat gives me more energy(when I hit a minimum amount of carbs) than carbs do.

So my question basically is, what are the disadvantages of a relatively high fat diet while on a cut.
I still hit around 75-100g carbs a day, and I eat around 2 grams of protein per KG of bodyweight (or around 0.9grams of protein per lbs of bodyweight).

Advice, experiences and general knowledge are all welcome.

Thanks
>>
Cut fat if you want to lose fat.
C'mon man, is that so hard?
>>
>fat gives me more energy than carbs
load of bullshit

Dont know what kind of carbs you have been eating man but carbs are literally the best thing for energy and performance at anything

This board is so anti carb because the social stigma is currently ''carbs make you fat''. Which is bullshit

Look mate if you want to preserve as much as muscle cutting and have a lot of energy with no cravings; decrease the fat and eat high carb(while still maintaining a deficit). You might think how would this make me preserve more muscle? Well the answer is carbs are absolutely essential for performance; with a high carb intake you can train waaaaay more harder than any fat eating dummy. Harder training leads to increased stimulus which leads to more muscle preservation(in your case).

Just think about it. Lets say you bench 100kg for 5. Dont eat much carbs and you will probally do 3 reps, what happens after you finish your workout? Those 3 reps wont give your body the same stimulus as 5 reps would, thus you would lose muscle.

just try it
>>
>>38143712
>So my question basically is, what are the disadvantages of a relatively high fat diet while on a cut.
the only downsides are cholesterol and gout. take a blood test every couple of months to check if your body is still fine. some people get huge spikes on LDL when they have a diet like this so make sure you're not one of those guys. you dont want clogged arteries from saturated animal fat.
>>
>>38143923
you're an idiot,eating carbs too often in the day causes your insulin waves to go crazy,meaning it wont work as it should.
>>
Just ignore these retards, OP. They know nothing about the human body, and are merely a reflex of the huge wheat industry lobby.

After all, carbs are energy amirite?
>>
>>38143939
ahahahahahahahahhah

Eating protein too often fucks up your kidneys
eating fats too often clogs your arteries
drinking water too often depletes your body of minerals

never eat anything anymore I guess
>>
>>38143947
>t. meat industry shill
>>
>>38143923
>fat gives more energy than carbs is a load of bullshit

goddammit some of you stupid niggers need to pay attention in school
>>
>>38144037
ok go eat 90% fat and go train

let me know how you feel mr. 'I have no reading comprehension'
>>
>>38144048
you do realise 1 gram of carbs has roughly 4 calories and 1 gram of fat has roughly 8,which is double,right?
so scientifically speaking fat gives more energy (calories) than the equivalent weight in carbohydrates.
stay out of the thread amerifats.you're embarassing yourselves.
>>
>>38144116
hello brainlet, nice reading comprehension
>>
>>38143918
You don't understand basic nutrition
>>
>>38144354
except that fat, especially animal fat, is easier to store as bodyfat than the other nutritients

Carbs however, are the most inefficient for our body to store as fat. So basicly the easiest way to get fat is to eat a lot of fat(ketosis is another story though)
>>
>>38144376

It's actually protein that's the most inefficient to transfer into bodyfat, by a long way. Carbs are slightly harder than fat but you'd need a pretty significant surplus for it to start mattering much.
>>
Op here: fyi I was always skinny, I bulked for a long time. Now I am trying to lose a few pounds again to lean out. As long as I stay in a deficit I will still lose weight obviously.

I dont have cravings, I forcefeed myself still to hit my calories even on a cut (otherwise my deficit would be too high). I have a nad appetite in general
>>
>>38143923
fat gives more energy
your body is more likely to use energy from carbs first.

sorted? ok now shut up and eat a well balanced diet, otherwise you're just going to become a pudgeball or a skinnyfat
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.