[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lifting Feels

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (98KB, 712x688px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98KB, 712x688px
This might be a long one guys
>be me, through life until this point where we begin only had one friend, moved away in middle school
>when he moved away, had literally no friends, really bad socializing skills and awkward as hell
>one group of friends accepts me, treat me like shit every step of the way, embarrass me, start rumors, ruin my day as often as possible, but they're all I've got
>high school starts, still only have shitty friends, but a couple on the side that are nice to me, but I don't talk to much.
>get a girlfriend, finally start to be happy
>homecoming comes around
>day before, dumps me over text "it's not you its me" and day later is making out with one of the nice friends and goes to homecoming/starts dating him
>enter depression
>shit friends catch wind and constantly talk about it, tell everyone I meet about it in a way that makes it sound 10 times more embarrassing, begin to despise life
>summer finally rolls around, only shit friends ever ask to do stuff, only to tell me I can't come last minute over and over.
>shit friends are the only ones that talk to me, realize there's no one who really ever thinks about me unless it's "how can I make them feel like shit"
>enter sophomore year in full depression, spend birthday (3rd day of school) completely alone
>one close friend who I've known since elementary who went from hate to really liking over the course of elementary to high school starts to support me
>suddenly starts to hate me, blocks me everywhere imaginable, ignores me if I try to talk to her. Never said anything bad about her in all the years I've known her other than when we were younger and used to fight
>one friend really comes in and starts to show that they care, makes me feel like I have a reason to get out of bed in the morning.
>don't have anything to do to distract myself other than talk to that friend.
>shit friends still at it
>don't feel like I really have a purpose, nothing would really be effected much if I wasn't here
Pt 2
>>
>>38142089
cool story bro
>>
Here's part 2
>someone suggests I join football team, lifting starts after Christmas break is over
>sure why not
>feels great, lift 3 times a week, but maxes are extreme shit. Never did any sports past elementary school, and extremely weak for my size, but it makes me happy
>sore as shit for first few days, but get over it and go everyday
>only missed 2 days because I got sick but the moment I was in school I was lifting right after
>didn't have energy to deal with shit friends on off days, spent them sleeping and talking to the one nice friend that stuck with me from before
>lifting ends, but life feels great, sign up for summer league baseball for towns team, lifting also picks up in the summer
>lift every chance I get until then
>summer lifting comes around during the middle of baseball season
>doing great in baseball, towns best season in almost 20 years
>during preseason, hurt my back sliding, thought it was just a pulled muscle so kept practicing, went away before season started
>squatting about 155 for first set on day 3 of summer lifting (I know it's pathetic)
>hear something crack mid set
FUCK.jpeg
>finish last 7 reps in set because I don't want to give up
>coach notices I can barely stand after and sends me home
>get ct scan
>L4 vertebrae fractured in 2 places, cannot play any sports for 7 months
>no more lifting
>missing out on entire football season
>baseball is currently still going. Most important games are ahead of us if we want to make playoffs
>team doesn't have enough players to play one day
>not letting this season end short, so I put my uniform on and played as hard as I could
>started losing, but in last inning I went up and got innings first hit(was told not to swing bat but fuck bunting)
>rally started, pulled ahead of other team by over 5 runs, coaches said if I didn't show up we'd've forfeited
>we made playoffs
>baseball is the only thing keeping me from pit of feels
>first playoff game is on a couple days Pt 3 in just a sec
>>
Sorry I forgot the image for the last one, you can imagine what it looked like. Anyway here's part 3
>first playoff game in a couple days and some of the players have left for vacation
>if I don't play, the team will have to forfeit the match, and gets eliminated from playoffs.
>this team means everything to me. It's the first time I've ever been a part of something and actually been an important member of a team.
>also now I'm leaving the football team because I won't be able to play until senior year, and even then I'll never be played because senior year will be my first year
>and currently I have a fractured vertebrae, so twisting my body while swinging a bat is extremely sketchy, but I can almost go all the way at full speed, and I only run at 3/4 speed sometimes
>but if I don't play in the playoffs, our team will be gone completely, and I'll have failed them all. It'll be my fault entirely, and the last thing I have left will be ripped away from me just like everything else
>I want to go in, but my family refuses to allow me to do so
>at this point I don't know what to do. I don't want to give up on my team, it's the only thing I have left
>>
File: 1469633356860.jpg (18KB, 500x461px) Image search: [Google]
1469633356860.jpg
18KB, 500x461px
Im here listening breh
>>
>>38142089
Couldn't hold the feels because 2 relevant so only advice is don't hurt yourself in the long run because high school is bullshit, there will be 1 or 2 out of 50 friends you will actually talk to after high school (make em count), find a WOMAN, get a good career after school, school/job don't give yourself a reason to opt out, wisdom speaks and knowledge listens

Stay up kiddo
>>
>>38142319
w-we're here for you brah
>>
This read was a massive waste of time and youre underage

kys
>>
damn bro that sucks
I've got some lifelong friends from high school I still keep in touch with I can't imagine going through those years alone
But I was in a similar situation with my ankle and a state track relay
I was told to stay off it but ran anyway
We came in second to last and it stil effects my running three years later if I don't rest it enough
Just letting you know not to ruckus your body for high school sports
>>
>think of what's wrong in my life
>lifting will help
>start lifting
>think of what's wrong in my life between sets
>lift more
>still thinking
>can only lift so much
>go home and wait for tomorrow so the agony can go away for another 45 minutes or so

The ride never ends. But at least when I'm at the gym it can go away for a little bit.
>>
>>38142904
>don't kill yourself in high school sports unless you've been jv beginning freshman year
>>
>>38142319
>>38142205
>>38142089

Do not be an idiot. If you play with a fractured L4 of all things if anything goes wrong you could have serious damage.

Two years ago in college I tried to "be the hero" for track conference with a "slightly" messed up hamstring, tore it, and it took me close to a year to just be squatting where I was originally. And that was a fucking hamstring not an L4.
>>
>>38142319
It's not your fault if your team loses, it's the fault of your shitty teammates who left for vacation. play if you want to, since it seems like you do, but be careful. playing is definitely a bad idea, but let's be real, you're going to do it anyways. do NOT do anything stupid. aggravating a back injury can easily ruin your life. Play as little as possible, and play cautiously. do not try and be a hero any more than you already are
>>
File: 2v5sP3S.png (47KB, 822x899px) Image search: [Google]
2v5sP3S.png
47KB, 822x899px
>tfw finally hit 2 plates bench
>tfw can 1.2 plate ohp 2 plate bench
>tfw i can only 2.2 plate squat and 2.5 deadlift
Just what went wrong
>>
File: 1468773793706.gif (993KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1468773793706.gif
993KB, 1600x900px
Life gets better friend. I don't know if you know this, but I feel like I should tell you.

High school is full of bullshit games. Don't bother with the interworkings, because I guarantee you it's all just bullshit.

As what other anons have said, you know that we all are going to say don't play. Don't risk permanently fucking yourself up over a high school baseball team. Those fucks shouldn't have gone on vacation when they knew the playoffs were coming.

As far as your shitfriends, don't speak to them. I know it's hard because of the proximity all the time, but fuck them. I know the feeling extremely well, high school was a terrible time for me. I'm 21 and juts barely getting out of all the social anxiety and shit I developed during hs.

Just take it easy dude, and remember that shit WILL get better. College is such a great experience.
>>
It gets better anon. Youre also about to get under age b&
>>
>calling bullies friends
>>
Highschool has its shity moments bro, I'm sure lifting will bring us the power to move on.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.