[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

sports

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: GABRIEL_VELLA_vs_ROMINHO_51.jpg (885KB, 1280x850px) Image search: [Google]
GABRIEL_VELLA_vs_ROMINHO_51.jpg
885KB, 1280x850px
anyone have experience in any fighting sports?

>what martial art or style did you do
>was it expensive?
>were the fights fun?
>will I snap my shit up?
>>
>>38141952
>bjj
>$100/mo for unlimited classes, i'd go 5 hours a week
>sparring is fun and playful so long as you're not a sperg, competing scary but exciting
>yes, but usually mildly; lot of joint injuries, not really concussions
>>
>>38141952
>>what martial art or style did you do
boxing
>>was it expensive?
nah, in my uni it is free
>>were the fights fun?
not so much at first, the you get better and it is more enjoyable
>>will I snap my shit up?
if you don't look for a decent gym, yes
>>
>>38141952
i did mma and jiu jitsu for a while, the guy who ran the place liked me and let me come for free to all classes. I learned a lot and made some good friends... you wont snap your shit up unless you're trying to teach a newbie something or you roll too hard.
>>
gay
>>
>muay thai
>$70 a month for about five hours a week in a tiny class
>never actually fought in a ring but we spar constantly, yes it's fun but you'll get your ass kicked for a few months
>no
>>
>do bjj
>can't throw even skinny homeless alcoholic
>>
I have been practicing judo for 13 years now
>was it expensive?
It's free for me
>were the fights fun?
physically and mentally demanding, so yes
>will I snap my shit up?
Nope, judo is one of the safer sports.Just got one major injury during 13 years, and that's was because my opponent was inexperienced and strong
>>
Judo
No
Extremely
Tuck your chin
>>
>>38141952
Brazilian MMA 4 years. Cost 100 pesos a month everyday but Sunday. Last year and a half I was on unemployment so someone else was paying.

Fights were fun as hell because we had 3 other schools show up to the gym 2 MMA and 1 boxing 2 times a month usually in the middle. 80% of the handful of females were Qts. It was an adult class so 16+

Nobody ever hit snap city but one dude messing around without his mouth guard lost his tooth.

We used to hit up a dine in movie theatre every now and again to watch PPV UFC with all teams schools
>>
>>38141952
It's nice seeing more MA threads on /fit/ since /asp/ got overrun by wrasslin' fags.

BJJ and Kickboxing
>was it expensive?
Only pay £30 a month and £5 for each K-1 class I do.
>were the fights fun?
It's gruelling at first when you get your ass kicked for the first few months but after a while it gets more easier and fun.
>will I snap my shit up?
Depends really, noone in our club has ever broken anything. In BJJ I've fucked up my coccyx alongside some of my toes but overall nothing serious.
>>
>>38141952
Medieval full contact
>was it expensive?
The armor is expensive (it cost me 1500€), but the club is free (1€ per year). All you have to do is bring up your swords and your armor.
>were the fights fun?
It's fun as hell. You can agree with your opponent to strike like you want to beat the shit out of your opponent => still no injury.
My first 50vs50 melee was the scarriest and the funniest moment i can recall.
>will I snap my shit up?
The upper body is growing fast. Legs need some extra improvement.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.