[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are oly lifters lean year round?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (214KB, 1350x898px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
214KB, 1350x898px
I've never seen oly lifters in the 77kg and 85kg classes not be lean. Are they just not on camera when there aren't upcoming competitions, or do they remain leam year round?
>>
>>38135167
they are not that lean, you could easily maintain that bf% and that's what they do because they do not want to gain more weight or they go out of the competition
>>
>>38135167

High level competitive lifters in lighter weight classes are always lean, no matter the sport. Even powerlifters.
>>
File: image.jpg (30KB, 229x315px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30KB, 229x315px
>>38135207
>not that lean
Wat?
>>
>>38135237
That seemed to be the case. So this leads to my next question. How exactly do they train to become stronger without putting on more mass?
>>
>>38135167
Pretty much year round, they only cut water really.

Someone like Klokov is of course much more drastic, but that's because he should really have been SHW all along.
>>
>>38135274
They tend to drift higher and higher in weight class, that's how.
>>
>>38135274
If youre lifting heavy weight youll get stronger through neuromuscular adaptations. Even without gaining weight
>>
>>38135274
you don't eat more == you stay the same size
>>
>>38135167
Normally they'll be a fair bit heavier off-season before cutting down for comp weight and hopping off the insulina
>>
>>38135364
this but with lower weights you notice it less, it's not like they gain 10kg off-season
>>
>>38135381
Except of course Dmitry "Natty" Klokov.
>>
They don't want to cut and lose strength.
>>
PED's + they pretty much train all day, so they're constantly burning calories, add a good diet in there and their body's basically adapted to that low level of body fat.
>>
oly lifters are usually solid and pretty lean, but i see a lot of them carry enough bf% that they don't have sculpted midsections, which still looks pretty good on them
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.