[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Phentermine?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: DeadSpace_2_-_Dementia.jpg (197KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DeadSpace_2_-_Dementia.jpg
197KB, 1920x1200px
So my mother is taking me to a diet doctor. I'm about 50 pounds over weight and she says he is probably going to give me phentermine. I've been looking it up and it is apparently an appetite suppressant stimulant, so like caffeine on steroids.

What I'm confused on is, does it actually increase your metabolism? I've had some moderate success exercising and will this screw with that?
>>
>>38134040
The point of resistance training for weight loss is that it increases your metabolism so you use more energy. This will help with that.

The only thing it will screw with is your ability to run over long distances, as this requires your metabolism to be "more efficient" as running fags say, which means slower, because you can then do more with less food. Which is exactly the opposite of what you want if you want to lose weight.

No it won't mess with your exercising. Just don't start eating more.
>>
>>38134040
It's hard to really make any noticeable difference on your metabolism unless you were to grow and have more mass to consume calories, be it height or muscle (or both if you're lucky). The main thing that will help you is that you're going to eat less. Keep exercising to burn those extra calories. Lift to add muscle so you dont just become skinny fat.
>>
>>38134170
unless of course you use dnp. then your metabolism will be through the roof
>>
According to wikipedia it reduces your appetite , in the same way drugs, such as speed, reduce appetite.
>>
>>38134040
Stimulants have two side effects.
One is increased heart rate, this does increase metabolism. Using cigarettes as an example, the average smoke burns 10 calories, a pack burn 240 calories a day.
The second portion is the blocking of pain responses.
The brain can only process so much information at any given time. It also has a hierarchy of what information is deemed important. As a drug becomes more "addictive" it's rank up the chain goes up.
Nicotine receptors are very active, so when you're hungry and you haven't smoked. You will feel both at the same time. However if you go outside and smoke the neurons become stimulated and flood the brain with messages that it's happy you are smoking.
The hunger messages are lost in the translation, so you no longer feel hungry.
In actuality you are just as hungry as you always were, more so because your body is burning calories due to elevated heart rate.
>>
>>38134180
This.

I took a 3 month speed diet, with two rest days (i.e days where I didn't take speed.) per week.

25mg in the morning and 25 mg in the afternoon. It made losing weight into the easiest thing ever, and you feel good all the time because of the speed. The withdrawal was basically a couple of days of feeling tired.
>>
>>38134249
You actually used Speed(amphetamine) or a variation of speed? Phentermine seems like a much better choice than Amphetamine. And did you have trouble sleeping?
>>
>>38134360
There's really no reason not to just use ec stack. It's legal, easily accessible, and does the same thing more or less.
>>
>>38134360
Dude go get on pseudo ephedrine that's combined with weight loss shit like hydroxycut or lipodrine.
>In 8 months between work, running and lipodrine I went from 280 to 190 lbs
>Could be used as a kite probably
>>
>>38134040
I tried Phentermine. It made me feel like shit and didn't help me lose weight at all. Also gave me mild depression.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.