[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Eating Food Meals

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: pre-workout-meal.png (292KB, 630x656px) Image search: [Google]
pre-workout-meal.png
292KB, 630x656px
How would you summarize some basic rules healthy eating for building muscle; is it possible to say something general? For example what to eat in the morning, lunch, evening, pre-, post-workout etc.
>>
>>38132105
I can condense it to four words:

Just eat whole foods.

Of course, you can be retarded about that, so we might need an extra three words:

Eat mostly plants.

You can still technically follow this advice and fuck up, but in terms of general rules? I think those two work well.
>>
>>38132318
> whole foods
what do you mean by this?
>>
>>38132105
Eat food.
Mostly plants.
Not too much.
>>
>>38132105
Why is he wearing ladies workout gloves whilst he's eating?

Is it to show he's fitness or whatever
>>
>>38132330
When you drink milk make sure to drink the whole gallon
>>
>>38132338
Whats the difference between not eating veg and eating say other carb sources and taking a multi? Srs
>>
>>38132359
Why would that be preferable to eating real fresh food?
>>
>>38132359
We don't know. Could be bioavailability, could be complex interactions between micronutrients, could be any number of things. But multivitamins mostly just fill your urine with vitamins rather than doing you much good.
>>
>>38132349
kek
>>
>>38132359
>>38132440
>>38132760
I've been pondering this question too recently... It's basically a choice between :
1) Taking some supplements (multi-vitamin, fish-oil, minerals) to satisfy all micro-nutrient requirements, maybe some protein powder depending on how much you think you need, and for the rest just eating relatively clean (i.e. no tons of junk food or sugary crap etc), but not having to worry too much about the details (basically, as long as you eat "normal" food, you just have to make sure it's roughly the right amount of calories)
2) Eating very clean, making sure to get the right mix of various sources to cover all your macro and micro needs. Not only is this more work wrt the selection of what stuff to eat etc, but it's most likely also going to require extra work shopping, preparing, cooking etc.

I think that in the ideal scenario, benefiting from option 2 is probably better (you basically get the same benefits in a more "natural" way, with less chance of side-effects etc). But considering I'm a barely functional slob with limited cooking skills, a crappy more-than-full-time job, a long commute, living alone, not very rich, ... option 1 just seems more realistic.

But option 1 does mean basically trusting the supplement suppliers to make a good product (despite the fact that the whole industry gives of an aura of scammyness). And hoping that stuff in supplements + stuff in my food (as I do try to eat relatively decent food, plenty of veggies etc) doesn't end up being too much (most micro's don't have just a minimum but also a maximum).
>>
>>38132359

plants and fruits have hundreds of different compounds we dont even know about (secondary metabolites).

Vitamins alone dont to jackshit.
>>
>>38132833
I'd suggest just learning to cook basic meals. But I actually enjoy cooking, so my perception of how much work it is probably differs from yours. Cooking up batches to heat later is pretty time-efficient though.

You don't need that much variety or innovation to have a decent diet though. Eat the vegetables you like, preferably including some greens.
>>
>>38133737
Looking at the us gov recommendations, you need (not necessarily on a daily basis, but at least on a weekly basis) a wide selection of at least 10 different vegetables, fatty fish, liver, various nuts, ... to cover everything. I already make sure to get some brocolli/spinach/peas, some carrots/peppers, chicken, ... which is obviously healthy and definitely better than pizza and burgers etc, but not enough to really get the full spectrum.
>>
>>38132105
16:8 no breakfast. Eat a salad and meat for lunch with a glass of whole milk. Eat two sweet potatoes and meat for dinner with a glass of while milk. Suck my dick for extra nutrients.
>>
1. MORE FIBER
2. MORE PROTEIN
3. MORE WATER
4. LESS SWEETS

>>38135324
>16:8 no breakfast.
zzzzzz
>>
>>38132318
>tfw Whole Foods is too expensive for you
>>
File: 1468642455996.png (307KB, 292x551px) Image search: [Google]
1468642455996.png
307KB, 292x551px
>>38132105
>needing to wear gloves to eat a goddamn fruit salad
Shit nigga, get it together!
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.