[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When I do pushups and I put weight on pic related I get this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

When I do pushups and I put weight on pic related I get this tingle up my fingers and If I put too much weight it goes from a tingle to a shocking pain and then the skin burns for a few minutes.

Anyone experienced this?
Is it nerve damage?
Can I fix it?
I'm scared bros.
>>
>>38131964
I can't do push-ups for a prolonged period of time due to wrist pain.
My recommendation I was given was to do them with a fist. Yes you will be weaker at first, but like everything you get better at it.

I have no wrist pain in all other aspects of life and lifting. Push-ups just suck.
>>
>>38131964
You either have shit wrist mobility or your hand positioning is horribly wrong.

In any case you should kill yourself to be quite honest mate.
>>
>>38131964
Yep, you're pretty much fucked
>>
>>38131964
My best guess is Ulnar Neuropathy. The nerve that goes through that part of the wrist is getting "squished", causing the sensations you describe. Don't put pressure on that part of the wrist (or rest your elbows on the desk) and you'll be fine. You're not nerve-damaged, you're not in need of surgery. But as ever, don't trust the internet for medical advice.

Perhaps try doing pushups on your knuckles instead.
>>
File: hands_PNG929.png (160KB, 598x325px) Image search: [Google]
hands_PNG929.png
160KB, 598x325px
>>38131985
>>38131986
Its not wrist pain, but in the hand. I just noticed during pushups. I can push like pic related and it will happen.

>>38131994
I guess I'll see the doctor then.
>>
>>38132021
>don't rest elbows on the desk

This would actually make loads of sense if it were true. My computer chair has hard arms and I have my elbows on them usually.
>>
Does it sting more when your go down and you elbow is bent? if so, then I would guess it's Cubital tunnel syndrome.
I had it 2 weeks ago where it was stinging every second of the day. I did some exercises I found on youtube 3 times a day, for 1.5 weeks so far. It is nearly gone, but it still tingles a little. Generally I found people saying 4 weeks of nerve stretching exercises shoudl fix it.
>>
>>38132024
From that picture, I'm even more convinced you need to read up on ulnar neuropathy.

Like I said, no need for surgery (which requires an uncomfortable "electric shock" test beforehand to see how fucked up your nerves are). You just need to work on some ergonomics. Give your hand/wrist plenty of rest so any inflammation goes down (inflammation is probably pressing against the nerve too).
>>
>>38132117
>>38132070
That's a relief, thanks anons. I'll look into these exercises.
>>
>>38131985
>being so fucking inflexible that pushups hurt
l
m
a
o
>>
>>38131964
Yeah, I get the same sort of thing. I couldn't be bothered with stretching my forearms and doing mobility exercises so I just do knucke/fist push ups; you get a greater ROM, it toughens your knuckles for throwing punches, and it looks badass pumping out 40+ when most people can only do normal ones.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.