[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PPL vs Full Body Routine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: Lifting Program Compilation.jpg (2MB, 2544x1850px) Image search: [Google]
Lifting Program Compilation.jpg
2MB, 2544x1850px
So, famalam, whats the scoop with PPL vs Full Body Routine for natties?

I've always heard PPLPPLx is great for volume and at the moment its what I am following, with 3 days of cardio thrown in.

But in terms of aesthetics, and building mass which one will bring you to the natty limit quicker?

Is one better than the other?

Extra credit question: Are there any full body routines that don't include Squats 3x a week?

This was a defining factor in moving away from Stronglifts.
>>
If it helps at the minute, my routine is as follows:

Push:
OHP 5x5
Bench Press 5x5
Incline Bench Press 5x5
Tricep Extension 3x10
Shrugs 3x10

Pull:
Deadlift 1x5
Barbell Row 5x5
Kroc Row 3x10
Barbell Curl 4x10
Hammer Curl 3x10
Pullup 3xF
Chinup 3xf

Legs:
Squats 5x5
S/L Deadlift 1x5
Calf Raises 3x10

Any tips advice? I'd like to have Dumbbell Flyes in chest day but like I said it all relies on the OP questions.
>>
File: 1457391738727.png (120KB, 1142x846px) Image search: [Google]
1457391738727.png
120KB, 1142x846px
i do trappy chans routine, even if it was made by trappy i thought about it and there is literally not much you can do except add more volume which i dont feel is necessary

i changed rows on day D with pullups and curls with dumbell bench press

it has every god tier accessory with the 4 compounds evenly twice a week
>>
File: 1469636624782.jpg (350KB, 1291x1547px) Image search: [Google]
1469636624782.jpg
350KB, 1291x1547px
What's the problem with squating 3 times a week? What are you gay?
>>
>>38131925
I just don't want the well-known T-Rex attack, I like my upper body to keep up with the rest of me, and Stronglifts doesn't deliver that.

What are you, a meme?
>>
>>38132204
Weightlifters squat 6x week and are pretty aesthetic desu.
>>38131592
PPL 2x week is a bit better than F 3x week, with 2x the time investment. Do it if you can afford it, don't sweat it if you can't.
>>
>>38131592
>some people do push/pull at a higher frequency (ABxABxx) but the creator specifically recommends against this, as do other prominent posters.

Can someone speculate as to why this would be?
>>
>>38132867
Weightlifters that Squat 6x a week are also generally not natty mate.
>>
File: 1463124268903.jpg (6KB, 153x199px) Image search: [Google]
1463124268903.jpg
6KB, 153x199px
>>38132204
> pants are getting tighter and tighter
>>
>>38131919
I do this as well. Exchanged one, two excercises without adding volume, rest as it is. Works really good, definitely better than my PPLxPPL roation I did before.
>>
>>38132965
>strawman
The argument was about the T-Meme legs.
>>
I was thinking of combining them, doing PPL and then having one fullbody day (or two?). Would that work? Can't seem to find any such routines online though.
>>
>>38133169
Trappy's routines were pretty good.
:(
>>
>>38132867

With full body 3x per week you get increased protein synthesis for all of your muscles for the entire week, except for 12 hours during your 2 day break.

With PPL you get increased protein synthesis to each muscle for all but 48 hours.

You can get similar volume throughout the week with either one.

Full body 3x/week is the superior natty gains routine.
>>
>>38133738
Thanks for the straight up answer, is there an alternative to Stronglifts/SS without 3 squat sessions a week? Id like to keep my upper body as my main focus, I dont need trex legs.

>>38133354
But the point remains, I am asking as a NATTY lifter so telling me that juicers that squat 6x a week look good doesnt help me out at all...if they didnt squat at all chances are they would still look good.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.