[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bodybuilding & Cardio

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: BodyGoalsLuXiaojun.jpg (42KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
BodyGoalsLuXiaojun.jpg
42KB, 500x500px
Hey /fit/ bros, I want to ask about cardio and aesthetics. There are a lot of memes about cardio killing gains, but I want to hear your thoughts.In high school, I ran XC and Distance track, and I did pretty high mileage, for about 3 years. I've also been lifting, starting around the time I started running, and that's been about 4 years. When I still ran, i was at my leanest. Since then I've definitely gotten larger, but I'm afraid that my aesthetic peak was while I was still running.

I keep wanting to get into running again, but I always fuck it up. I get scared that I won't gain size nearly as rapidly, and the running often fucked up my squat sessions. Should I just ignore the notion of cardio forever? Should I ease myself into some amount of mileage? Also, what do you aesthetic bros do in terms of cardio, if anything at all?

Pic related is aesthetic goals (Lu Xiaojun). Inb4 it's unrealistic. I know he's on PEDs and all, but it's still a dream to chase.
>>
Cardio dosnt kill gains its only starts to kill gains if you do absolutely stupid amounts and don't account for it with ur diet.
>>
>>38117452
Cardio is very good for you. Its not going to stop your gains, that's just a myth. Understand though the balance of eating enough and the conflicting goals of losing mass vs gaining mass
>>
>>38117452
give ur body enough macro nutrients to support muscle growth and make sure you are never in a calloric defiancy and you wont lose gains its realy that simple.

The cardio kills gains thing is a meme, beacuse you just dnt need cardio to look good and if you dnt account for it accurately in ur diet it can harm or gains quite dramaticly
>>
fuck it brah, just eat top ramen and tuna brah, 48g protein 6000mg sodium per meal brah

but you can do whatever the fuck you wanna do
>>
>>38117495
>>38117506
>>38117516
These 3 ur done OP move along
>>
>>38117506
Not OP, but I was thinking Starting Strength MWF and some running on TTS. I wouldn't go over 4 miles in any given run, and it'd take me maybe 45 minutes of continuous running max each run.

I doubt I burn enough calories during a 5k to mess with my gains if I increase my intake, and I doubt my legs being sore from running and affecting my weightlifting is a problem, most likely the opposite
>>
>>38117587
If you are a newbie the best advice you will hear here is this. Go and find out ur Macros and track them on an app this will make it alot easiyer to keep track of ur progress and protect ur gains. It also gives you the abillity to tweak ur diet more accurately when you feel you are making to little or to much progress in either bulking or cutting.
>>
>>38117657
Any free apps that you recommend?
>>
>>38117686
fitness pal is great, lets you scan in foods stright off the shelf so u dnt have to waste time typing in the figures thats what most people I know use
>>
>>38117686
>>38117716
MyFitnessPal ********
>>
>>38117686
Most people use MyFitnessPal. It's not perfect, but it's probably the best one out there.

>>38117495
>>38117506
>>38117516
A few questions before I'm done here, then:
* Is fat burning nothing more than CICO, or does the training you do have a large impact?
* How much cardio is too much cardio? Does it just become an issue when you're over training in some way? I was at 60mpw at my peak, and I don't expect to get back to that point, probably not ever, but maybe something close.
* What about running's interference with leg lifts? There's an undoubtable conflict between lifting for legs and running on them, so how do you deal with it? Is it just proper separation of your exercises?
>>
>>38117716
>>38117725
>>38117760
Thanks for all the help
>>
>>38117686
Also i forgot to mention it lets you eat junk food guilt free on a cut because you know u will still lose fat. Ittttttts soooo goooooooooooooooooooooooooooood
>>
>>38117760
* Is fat burning nothing more than CICO
Simple anwser is yes, it gets alittle complicated tho basicly by having a high protein intake along with weight training you are telling ur body that it must make muscle and stop keeping fat around. If you have to many callories your body has to decide what to do with them weight training helps ur body decide.

* How much cardio is too much cardio?
That depends on the person and honestly im not educated well enough to anwser it, I would assume as long as you account for it in ur diet with decents amounts of carbs u should be ok even doing alot but by doing alot you are telling ur body to build for endurance not strength which will result in smaller muscle gain.

* What about running's interference with leg lifts?
large amounts of running is almost certain to effect ur leg lifts I just skip cardio on those days if you do leg day correctly you shouldnt be able to do cardio properly afterwards anyway. I recommend a days rest before intensive cardio after working legs but thats just personal prefrence.
>>
>>38117452
Losing fat is about diet
Gaining muscle is about lifting
Cardio is about cardiovacular health
>>
File: MehPepe.png (48KB, 400x389px) Image search: [Google]
MehPepe.png
48KB, 400x389px
>>38118077
So you're telling me that, in terms of fat loss, Eating at 2250 and burning at 2500 (without running, with lifting) is essentially the same as eating at 2750 and burning at 3000 (with running, with lifting)? That feels kind of pointless, outside of getting the extra food in.
>>
some form of intense interval training 2-3x/wk
some form of low to moderate intensity cardio 2-3x/wk
some form of weightlifting (compounds you dirty, dirty isolation hippie) 3-5x/wk

enjoy feeling amazing, athletic, and living life on easy mode.
>>
>>38118120
>>38118120
Yep nailed it and thats why everyone on /fit/ hates cardio, you just do not need it to look good (look good not be healthy). Think about it Ur body needs X to run properly you give it (X - 10) wheres it going to get that 10 from ?

It takes it from fat and when theres no fat it takes it from muscle then you die ^^ never go below 25% callorie deficiency or it will start to eat muscle regardless of fat reserves.
It takes it from ur fat first then ur muscle. Hope that helps buddy
>>
>>38117452

What exercise is Lu Xiaojun doing in this picture? Rotator cuff strengthening?
>>
>>38118540
no you mong, he's in the chinese national symphony, he's playing the cymbals.
>>
>>38118540
idk what Lu is doing but Tian is doing mire xFailure
>>
>>38118540
Either that or rear delt
Chinks seem to like that exercise
I've seen their youth team do em too
>>
>>38119528
my sides
>>
>>38118540
Hes doing what we call Lu raises, basicly a mainly front delt fly that involves abduction

Mainly uses to pump the shoulders(front, medial delt and traps) muscles up
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.