[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I the only one...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

Hello all. Dexatron2812 here.

So I'm ready to start my fitness journey. More specifically I want to be a bodybuilder. I went to r/bodybuilding but they told me to go to r/fitness. I don't want to go to r/fitness because I believe that I'm much further along the fitness path than they are (I can do 36 pushups and 56 crunches without stopping) (r/fitness is just for beginners). Another gentlesir in r/bodybuilding suggested that I try 4chan/fit, so here I am. I read your "sticky" and I think I'm ready to tek da plej (any NBA fans here?). I am thinking of starting the Starting Strength program. Any suggestions on finding my maxes and any pointers to form videos? Please and thank you.

TL;DR - I want to do Starting Strength please help me out.
>>
>>38112627
kill yourself.
>>
>>38112671
Haha I just might at this rate. My form is pretty bad and I could hurt myself like this.
>>
>>38112627
just lift
progressive overload
eat healthy
sleep enough
do mainly compound movements

follow this strictly for 2-3 years and you might make it.
now leave.
>>
>>38112735
Hello and thank you for replying. What is progressive overload?
>>
>>38112738
try to lift more weight over time.
>>
>>38112753
I thought that was the usual goal?
>>
>>38112735
how helpful of you to basically say
>do SS
>now leave
>>
>>38112769
what else do you want to know.
lifting is rather simple.

lift
eat
sleep

I fucking hate how people want to make a science out of it.
>>
>>38112804
Actually friend, weight lifting and bodybuilding has a lot of science about it. Whether you're discussing force moments or body anatomy, the science behind human bodies and their application is really quite fascinating.
>>
>>38112804
yeah sure I've noticed with new lifters that good form is definitely a given...

how bout you get your head out of your ass for a second and realise that there is more to lifting than
>hurr durr just do it

he's already said he's doing SS, and just asked for some form vids. not some asshat to reiterate what he already knows
>>
>>38112627
read the sticky
>>
>>38112844
You should study kinesiology if you are this interested in maximizing your potential. Few people on /fit/ are going to give accurate and profound advice specific to you
>>
you crunch game is weak

back when I wanted abs I would do thousands of crunches a day
>>
>>38112844
If you want to do Starting Strength, read the book. Then go and look at the multiple form videos on the Starting Strength youtube channel.

Worth watching pretty much every vid on there desu as Rippetoe knows his shit and has spent a lot of time disabusing some of the more stupid notions that're ubiquitous in the exercise 'science' community.
>>
>>38112627
>dexatron2812 here
>>38112684
>>38112738
>hello and thank you
>>38112765
>>38112844
>x is quite fascinating
Okay, bravo
I would normally not even bother and just hide thread. Bait in /fit/ has been extremely poor in quality lately. But this bait is unusually well crafted, congratulations. You earned a (You) and a complementary picture.
>>
>>38112627
This is a troll post right?
>>
>>38114310
I don't know anymore.
>>
>>38112627
decent bait
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.