[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gym Assholes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 321
Thread images: 39

File: image.jpg (45KB, 595x638px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 595x638px
assholes at your gym

>waiting for platform
>about to ask middle aged dude how many sets he has left
>he interrupts me in the middle of my questions and says
>"FOUR"
>alright man
>wait for him to finish
>he finishes and starts taking off the plates
>go up to him and before I say anything he says "JUST LET ME FINISH"
>confused and I tell him he can leave the plates on cause I'm gonna use them
>"JUST. LET. ME. FINISH."
>fucker proceeds to take off plates then angrily grabs his water bottle and walks away saying nothing
>I get on the platform and put the plates that he just took off back on the bad for my diddlys
>feel like chit

Everyone I've talked to at my gym before has been nice and open and friendly but this dude was my first gym douchebag experience. I still feel like shit, lads. I had such high respect for the friendliness of the people at my gym but this just left a bad taste in my mouth.
>>
Cool story
>>
>>38105562
meh, asshole gonna ass
ignore the guy and move on
>>
Middled aged dudes at gyms seem much more likely to be assholes

Every young guy I talk to is chill
>>
>>38105562
you're too soft.
>>
>>38105631
I agree but that's just how I was raised, lad
>>
>>38105650
well, this is a learning experience in dealing with assholes then.
>>
Were you standing around watching and waiting for him to finish? I fucking hate that.
>>
Not necessarily an asshole, but this middle aged dude that's about 6' (everything about his body is big, but especially his belly) literally drops 70-80kg diddlys on the ground to make an unnecessary noise. He also asks >"WHAT ARE YOU TRAINING HERE?"
in a squat rack...
>>
>>38105562

I never take this shit no matter who the guy is. If they're alone they have no reason not to let you work in.

My pet hates:
>Go to use free equipment
>PT comes over and said he's using it with his client
>Proceed to watch them jump between three bits of equipment taking a five minute break between each set

>DYEL kids who walk straight to the dumbbells and spend 20 minutes throwing up 12kg curls with the worst form possible.

>Advanced curlbros who do drop sets with six different weights for seated hammer curls and never put them away

>People who sit at the end of the bench for 10 minutes between sets with their Beats headphones on before doing 5 reps of 60kg.

>People who sweat to absolute fuck and leave patches all over everything when they leave
>>
>>38105868
so you basicly hate 90% of the people in the gym lol
>>
> go to uni gym right after new year's, place is flooded with new year's resolution and "burn off holiday fat" casuals
> the one guy in the whole gym who looks competent is doing alternating curls right next to the loaded calf raise machine
> 50% chance he's doing supersets

> the calf raise machine is one of the few open, so I figure I'll do calf raises. there are 3 plates loaded but maybe someone who doesn't know gym etiquette left them there
> ask him if he's doing supersets, he ignores me. has headphones in. i assume he doesn't want to talk to me because he thinks I'm a casual
> fuck him then. stack up to 6 plates on each side
> give him one last chance. "you're not doing supersets man?"
> "good fucking luck lifting that man"
> glare at him, do 15 calf raises with perfect form
> "shoulda just said you were supersetting..."
> leave weights for him to derack
>>
>>38105899
In the weightlifting part yeah but the cardio bunnies and lady lifters make up for it.
>>
>that one old dude who does his entire routine aside from cables and leg press in the squat cage with shit rom and screaming like he's going super saiyan
The faggot literally has dumbells on the floor around the cage
>>
Why are people middle aged dudes such fucking cunts?
>>
>>38106611
Bro everybody sucks. I am a nice guy, I don't see the point in being so shitty unless you're an anxious lil bitch. I'd do that in highschool, great mask.
>>
>>38106699
Fucking this

It's literally 5x easier to be nice to people than it is to be mean. You have to go out of your way to be an ass to people. That's what pisses me off when running into people like I described in my OP
>>
>>38106717
Women are the same way. That's why chads exist. If your a dick and one up some random dude she'll be all over your dick. Haven't found a girl I don't hate, great sex and they can be fun. Just really shit tier morals
>>
>>38105562
Why don't we ever have threads about the nice guys at the gym?
>doing sets of atg squats
>already had one session of squats (started at 225 and built up to 370 for 4*2 first time, this time I was building up to 350 for 5*3)
>fail on my last set
>bummed out
>guys see and come help me rack the weights
>>
Don't let it affect you. Go on with your day
>>
>>38105688
This. Nothing bothers me more than people who loiter while you're finishing up a set or two and stare you down until you finish. Messes up my mojo
>>
>>38106717

Yeah ofc but its also good to learn how to deal with assholes and not let them get to you

See this as an opportunity to practice your being based
>>
>>38105975
Those are 100x worse you beta
>>
>>38105607
Old white dudes at my gym are the biggest ass hats. The couple of old black dudes are super chill. Young dudes, super chill. Old white guys act like they own the fucking place just giving stink eye to everyone and trying to chat up the cardio bunnies. The looks on the cardio bunnies face when the dudes are trying to talk is so cringey.
>>
>>38105913

You obviously dont even fucking lift, post a picture/video of yourself u fucking lard piece of shit.
>>
if you're doing fucking 135lbs powerclean/press and dropping that shit making all kinds of noise. kindly stop because i'm not going to say anything.
>>
>>38105562
he probably just had a bad day, it's not your problem anon, really, you might meet him again another day and he'll be all smiles, just try not to hold a grudge, it's not worth it
>>
>>38105868
>People who sweat to absolute fuck and leave patches all over everything when they leave

Thats me. FML. Im sorry.... I try to wipe everything down when i can though.
>>
>>38105975
>tips fedora
>>
>>38106611
They're jealous that they're surrounded by healthy youths while having to fight to restore their body to its original state before they destroyed it
>>
>been going to the same gym for over a year.
>seen almost everything that has been described here.
>but this is different
>one day doing arms and chest
>all of a sudden gang of skeletons walk into gym
>all either fair skin Mexican or wannabe black white kids
>all look the same cept for one
>skelly lord, has tattoos and is tallest, lankiest and most skelly
>doing dumbell curls with 35lbs (I don't use kgs because I'm too stupid to learn)
>all the little skelly children are struggling trying to curl 5-17 lbs
>one of them is flopping around like a fish out of water
>don't want him to hurt himself, or more importantly me because I'm right next to him
>give a few pointers
>lord skelly sees me and is displeased about me talking to his underling
>walks over without saying anything
>all the small skellys are looking in silence
>he goes to pick up 50lb dumbells
>it takes every fiber of his being to lift off rack
>once he is standing he grunts and begins to shake
>he's staying completely still and tuning red
>after about a minute and a half I realize he's trying to curl
>he can't
>just looks at me and leaves
>all the little skellys leave

He's been back and every time he just stares at me with this lifeless stare. Whenever I catch him doing this I just flex my traps like a cobra or something, and he knocks it off.
>>
>>38105562
You feel like shit because he treated you like the bitch you are, and you did fuck-all about it. Man up you fucking pussy, or you'll end up with some fuck-ugly wife who will barely tolerate settling with your betafaggotry, you'll end up breeding some skinny-leg jean-wearing cunt kids who will continue your legacy of fucking up the gene pool. Uppercut yourself.
>>
>>38107117
what the fuck
>>
File: 1458948621657.png (97KB, 272x594px) Image search: [Google]
1458948621657.png
97KB, 272x594px
>>38105562
>old ass gook at the gym
>balding, wrinkling, old man spot sprouting
>hogs the Smith machine to do 1/1024 military press reps
>takes 30 minute rests between sets
>walk around with invisible watermelons like a tough guy
>stares me down whenever he catches me staring at his ridiculous ass
Why can't these people just go into the sauna and drop dead already?
>>
>>38107146
You and me both man.
>>
>>38107147
>hogs the smith machine
You're dyel if you care
>>
File: image.jpg (58KB, 625x757px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58KB, 625x757px
>>38107117
I imagined this guy as the "alpha" male.
>>
Pretty much except he's bald has tattoos and wears wife beaters
>>
>that person who loads up lmao10pl8 on the leg press during peak fucking hours and does quarter reps with 5 minute breaks
I mean I get loading up those plates when you can do full ROM but doing that shit during peak hours is inconsiderate to say the least.
>>
>>38105562
I was using the urinals at my gym; i usually dont use them but since some retards decided to crap all over the seats and floor of the stalls i was forced to use them. Main reason is because im a really nervous pisser and i like the comfort of my own closed off space.

So i was happily peeing away when some guy came up and started to use the urinal next to me. At this time my piss flow completely stopped and i was trying ever so hard to get it back, trying to fill my head with happy thoughts. The guy turned to look at me for a second and i panicked, my face started to turn red and i began to sweat. I dont know wut came over me at that second but i turned to him - i looked at his face, then down at his penis...and then back at his face and then stupidly blurted out, "hey man, nice cock".

Being nervous makes you do stupid things, the guy gave me a weird and disgusted look and walked away. I had to cover my face as i walked out of my gym so the guy wouldnt notice me. I then went home and cried in my bed.

what the fuck is wrong with me

I dont know if i can ever go back to that gym again. Thinking off cancelling my membership
>>
>>38107351
Freudian slip
>>
>>38107351
I-is this true
>>
>>38105913
fake as shit lol
>>
>>38105562
>PT in rush area "reserves" a bench by leaving a clipboard on it.
>We have 3 benches, and people are too polite to just move them clipboard.
>THe PT and client rotate around about 3 bits of equipment
>I get they're trying to make their pay, but come on, this is a large and very popular gym
>Having one bench out of commission for 30 fucking minutes is really bottlenecking this shit
>THen I see them using it
>They aren't fucking benching
>THey're sitting (squatting?) onto the bench then standing back up
>Jesus fuck why

Fuck that particular PT. The other PT's in my gym are eerily nice; I've even had one check with me to see if I was using equipment, because I paused near it to check my phone. THen this one jerk shows up and is just horrible.
>>
>>38105913
if you can calf raise 540lbs, no one who's been in the gym for longer than a month will mistake you for a casual. This story is shit. You are shit.
KYS.
>>
File: j-roc_400x400.jpg (30KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
j-roc_400x400.jpg
30KB, 400x400px
>>38107117
I have such a vivid picture in my mind of a 6'7" guy dressed like j-roc from trailer park boys, making a pseudo-threatening face looking down at op, a 5'5" 270lb tank of a human who's annoyed but more confused at the creature looking at him. Then in a hyped fit of display, his eyes dart to op's dumbbell, and to prove he's a big boy he snatches it up, but when he tries to go up he pauses and puts all of his force in it. Op's eyes just slowly follow the ascent of the weight with a slight addition of amazement and curiosity. All the while a PACK of skeletons just look on shuffling behind j-roc and watching with agape mouths. Then after he's tomato red for a solid 10 seconds op realizes what he's trying to do, and when he let's the emotion of realization sneak onto his face, the skeleton sees this and in a final fit of distress he let's the weight drop and speed walks out of the gym, pack in tow.
Fuck I need to draw this NOW
Pic related is jroc
>>
>>38105761
>6ft
>big
>>
File: 1417834977706.jpg (34KB, 420x515px) Image search: [Google]
1417834977706.jpg
34KB, 420x515px
>friend of mine I knew from high school
>was huge into video games
>didn't grow out of it after high school
>as in genuinely cares about nothing but video games
>wants to start coming to the gym with me
>I teach him the lifts
>he starts getting really bitchy and curses me out aloud for minor things like resting "too long" or making too much noise, or whatever.

>benching and he's spotting
>really cute girl working out right next to us
>getting a song on before the set
>"hurry the fuck up jesus christ"
>he's genuinely angry and you can hear it in his tone
>tell him he's embarrassing himself
>no doubt this girl was hearing it and I'm getting embarassed for having to hang around this guy
>after, message him the way he talks is pussy repellent and he should control his temper
>next gym day he texts me he's going to go on Tuesday and Thursday without me from now on
>I tell him I knew he would give up and couldn't commit to anything
>he tells me to not text his number again

You'd think that after knowing a guy from high school that I would feel sad or something, but it felt really great, like a weight lifted from my shoulders. I went about my day as though nothing happened.

The guy is a very genuinely shitty person and was never dependable.

0 doubt in my head he has already stopped working out and is just playing Pokemon Go for hours straight.

Other than that, the gym is pretty empty and quite nice.
>>
>Go to the gym on base
>Pretty much everyone puts their plates back
>Have yet to run into anyone disrespectful

Who else /JBER/ here?

Also being in Alaska blows but Buckner is awesome especially after the renovations.
>>
Its always middle aged white people who are the biggest cunts wherever they are... they complain about millennial entitlement, but these aged cumstains act out like they were given timeouts instead of beatings when they were kids....
>>
>>38108831
it's usually entitled losers who think that age makes them able to demand respect from younger people

there are of course a lot of bro-tier old people who are socially adjusted.
>>
>>38108764
what a cunt i cant believe you actually talk to him

i dont know anyone like that IRL, and would never associate with someone like that more than i had to

aint nobody got time for that bullshit
>>
>>38105562
nice guys finish last.
>>
File: 1423371658081.jpg (142KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1423371658081.jpg
142KB, 900x900px
The fuckwit(s) that keep switching the 45 and 50 pound dumbbells

FUCKING STOP IT, EVERY FUCKING TUESDAY YOU CUNT
>>
>>38107351
im sorry for you anon, i truly am, but holy shit thanks for the laugh
>>
File: 1443480818164.png (115KB, 276x230px) Image search: [Google]
1443480818164.png
115KB, 276x230px
>>38108898
He browses 4chan and we had a similar sense of humor/sense of politics which is why we hung out but we grew apart when I quit video games and started to improve myself while he stayed the same. Maybe he'll see this.

He was the kind of guy that genuinely tries to rag on you instead of banter and he went through academic probation at community college. He's destined to be a loser. It's nice to be cut off from failure.

honestly though, I was expecting this to happen.
>>
>>38108928
*academic suspension

Lol
>>
>>38108787
gym on kadena is p small but everyone is cool af
>>
>deadlifts
>get my bar
>start to walk over with the 45s
>some guy that looks like a prowrestler wearing a misfits shirt picks up the bar
>says deadlifts bend the bar
>makes a scene about it
>ask if he works there
>nope
>I'm 5'8" and this guy is probably a little over 6'0"
>Get the barbell again
>he goes "Now you're making me mad"
>takes it away again
>go to the front desk
>ask the staff about it
>twinky guy sitting next to he girl at the desk
>says "That guy is going to tear you apart"
>blah blah blah
>I go back in, get the barbell, load it up, he gets mad
>small shouting, people staring
>threatens to tell the management
>I encourage him to and tell him I already left them my phone number
>I do my deadlifts
>it was 275lbs x 5 lmao
>never see him again despite him coming in regularly at the same time I did.

what a fag
>>
>>38107411
i don´t think you know what that means
>>
>>38105975
You might be a cuck, get tested. I bet you loved Ghostbusters.
>>
>>38107351
>Hey man, nice cock

Fucking lost
>>
>>38108764
>don´t text me or my number ever again
>>
>>38108342
I had to change gyms because the PTs were so fucking selfish. Superset with every fucking piece of equipment there. I started moving their shit (i would let them get back on it when I finished my set), but eventually they all got very passive agressive and talked shit behind my back. PT's are cancer.
>>
>>38109215
>talked shit behind my back
>2016
>giving a fuck what some faggot thinks about you
>>
>>38109237
Nah, I switched to a cheaper 24/7 powerlifting gym filled with people on pounds of gear that are honest, decent, helpful folks. Much better. The old one was in a rich neighborhood, all the clients were 60 or older, above a post office. Couldn't even deadlift without catching shit. I didn't leave because I give a flying fuck what a DYEL PT(s) thinks, I left because their pettiness was distracting me from pushing heavy weights. Those negros would stand around the gym like its watercooler time at the fucking office lmao. Quite an upgrade mate.
>>
>go to small gym around 11:30 at night
>only me and my friend most nights
>occasionally one chubby lady who will do an hour on the treadmills or n early thirties asian dude who chats with us and asks for tips on his routines

One day I'll have a story for you guys
>>
>>38107147
So he's a harmless old fart who stays contained at the dyel machine? I don't understand the problem.
>>
>>38108764
Damn straight it feels good. Some people are just a draining burden on everyone around them. The kindest thing you can do is cut them off and let them eventually figure out shit for themselves.
>>
>>38109005

Shit son how much to come vacation to in Japan for a week?
>>
>>38109215
Fuck man. THat's awful. As I said, my gym PT's are all really nice. Then again, the dude who I've realized is the manager at the gym is really hands on. I often see him cruisin' around, putting weights away or taking people on tours of the facilities. Really nice guy, but when any of his staff are being dicks, I always see him pull them aside and talk to them. All the PT's at my gym are contracted on, and not actually part of the gym. I have a feeling that he'd drop them like stones if they were that selfish. Then again, my gym is a newer chain gym, so their main sticking point is that they're nicer than other gyms.

Glad you found a better gym though, anon.

>>38109237
Yeah, but it can be frustrating when the PT's or even staff don't want to help you. Issue with membership? Gonna be a pain in the dick to figure out. Equipment broke? You're gonna be hoping they don't make a scene for the next week. Plus it's annoying when you see them chatting and looking at you.

Source; trained at 4 gyms, the worst was the shitty community gym where the PT's were all basically fat, old highschoolers. Only competent people in that entire bloody outfit were the ones who worked for the overall facility.
>>
File: 1455974967190.png (643KB, 1022x731px) Image search: [Google]
1455974967190.png
643KB, 1022x731px
At least twice a week whenever i go into the gym (around the same time every night) some cunt has left weights laying around the squat rack, and lately i have found that somehow the fucking rack has been shoved closer to the wall so the 20kg weights can't fit on the holders

> last week
> go into gym, everything a fucking mess
> mfw having to deload the bar, take most of the weights off the squat rack so i can shove it away from the wall then pick up the weights left around the floor and put them on the rack

do these people throw the bar against the rack or something i don't understand how the fucking thing gets shoved against the wall like that
>>
>>38109146
"A Freudian slip, also called parapraxis, is an error in speech, memory, or physical action that is interpreted as occurring due to the interference of an unconscious subdued wish or internal train of thought. The concept is part of classical psychoanalysis."
Gr8 b8 m8 8/8
>>
>>38105562

Know what? He might have been on some kind of angry-juice pre-workout and not into the rest of the human race at the time.

Don't let it get to you.
>>
>>38105562
that woman in her 50s with a shit ton of makeup on
>>
>>38105688
>>38106984

Spotted the anons that are texting in between sets.
>>
People I hate in the gym:

>anyone who tries to talk to me outside of normal questions like how many sets
>supersetters
>that one guy who barks like a dog during his sets
>girls whose only day is 'ass day'
>anyone having a conversation while hogging equipment past the normal rest time they'd do if not talking
>>
>that "personal trainer" whose client is doing 1/128th rom squats and he looks on with no corrections or advice
>>
>>38105562

>me and a friend want to use the bench press
>roid monkey has been on it for 8 sets, yes, I counted
>ask to work in since we lift the same weight
>laughs in my face and says there's no way I can lift it (just 2 plates...ffs, not impressive)
>"uhh....yeah dude, I got this" I say
>he stands there and watches me do a set, with my friend spotting, screaming "THAT'S NOT HOW YOU DO IT, YOU BOUNCED OFF YOUR CHEST, TERRIBLE FORM, TERRIBLE FORM, OH MY GOD, YOUR GRIP IS WAY TOO NARROW, HORRIBLE"
>we both just roll our eyes, I get off, my friend does a set
>roid monkey continues to scream about our terrible form
>his turn to do a set, he adds a third plate... ok
>he stares at my friend and I with a murderous grin and, I kid you not, laughs. He fucking laughs while benching his 3 plates
>he finishes and looks at me and says "OK, BRAH, YOU LIFT THE SAME AS ME RIGHT?"
>"WAIT, I THINK YOU NEED SOME MORE" he screams, adding a 4th plate. My friend and I just leave and lose our sides hearing him laugh as he continues to press, his laughter could be heard outside the fucking gym
>>
Maybe if you weren't such a privilege white cist misogynist male it wouldn't have happened.
>>
>>38112938
I think you got punked the fuck out, that guy is a fucking alpha.
>>
File: 14584468684.gif (556KB, 214x244px) Image search: [Google]
14584468684.gif
556KB, 214x244px
>>38112938
This story lost its credibility when you said
>'Went to use the bench press'
>>
>>38109122
How the fuck would deadlifts bend a bar moreso than any other lift, other than the amount of weight potentially on it?
>>
>>38107147
>smith machine

literally who gives a fuck?
>>
>>38107351
please let this be true
>>
>>38105584
asshole from OP's story pls go
>>
>>38105913
>t.i've been to planet fitness twice but I browse /fit/ daily
>>
>>38105868
I sweat through every shirt I wear at the gym. It's sopping wet when I'm done, even the under armor quick dry ones. I go at 1 am and never wipe anything down.
>>
>>38112887
woman detected
>>
>>38112989
I wrote "want" actually, not "went", but I don't understand why that would matter anyway. I've been lifting for 11 years and I've always called it a bench press, or flat bench, what the fuck else am I going to call it?
>>
File: mfw7.jpg (18KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
mfw7.jpg
18KB, 480x480px
>>38107351
>hey man, nice cock
there go my sides
>>
>>38113097
It's called "buffing bench", you bloody yank.
>>
>>38106699
>>38106611
Double doubles. Noice
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-30-15-01-02.png (148KB, 1024x600px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-30-15-01-02.png
148KB, 1024x600px
>>38107351
Saved. I love man, never change.
>>
>>38113187
I love you man*, im..im no homo dog
>>
>>38109282
>24/7 powerlifting gym filled with people on pounds of gear that are honest, decent, helpful folks
sounds awesome
>>
>>38107351
>hey man, nice cock

Favorite filter song
>>
File: image.gif (1MB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1MB, 300x250px
>>38113277
Basically this.
>>
>>38112991
why would the dude even fucking care?
>>
>gf and I are at the gym together
>she does her usual cardio bunny stuff
>I do my liftin
>some old as fuck manlet starts talking to my gf
>this happens everytime
>gf doesn't really seem to care, guy seems nice enough

I bet if that ancient manlet was 60 years younger he'd be trying to fuck her. I see your game.
>>
>>38105868
>That guy who hasn't enough on his hands to mind his Own business.

Machineguns for you
>>
File: la-fitness[1].jpg (105KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
la-fitness[1].jpg
105KB, 750x500px
I go to fairly popular LA Fitness in my city. I try to go earlier in day to avoid huge workout traffic and get my lifts done in less than an hour. 3 squat racks, extra space around squat area for exercises like deadlifts and powercleans. In other words, zero excuse for using the racks for something stupid

BUT EVERY
FUCKING
WEEK

There is some dumbass who DL's directly in-front of one of the racks and won't move to let others use it. What gets me really autistic is that all they have to do is back up like 3 feet and the rack is open again! It's always some mexican retard doing it.

Just last week:

>Two mexican DYELs deadlifting directly in-front of rack, other 2 racks are occupied with real lifters
>DL isn't even 200lbs, probably 185 max.
>I ask them to move back a couple feet so I could bring a spare bar in and start my squats
>"We only have a few more sets bro"
>They proceed to lift this as if it's the heaviest lift in existence, grunting loudly and SLAMMING the weight on the ground each rep
>Proceed to do 5 more sets each

goddammit do I hate them
>>
File: 1386099401111.png (65KB, 285x276px) Image search: [Google]
1386099401111.png
65KB, 285x276px
>mfw everyone at my gym is nice and I don't have anything to complain about other than a couple of fucktards that don't rerack their weights
Feels bad man, I just want to take part in the bantz
>>
>>38107147
>hogs the smith machine
why the fuck do you want to use the smith? and why are you staring at this man?

seems like you're the asshole anon
>>
>>38107351
jesus christ you made my day
>>
the strangest thing, every single time I have leg day, there are 3 sets of clips on the squat rack. I'm dead fucking serious about this, there are 6 clips on a single squat rack and typically 2 sets on the other one. all of the benches are always missing clips and there are never any in the extra bin. what is this i am genuinely confused
>>
>>38105562

the locker room party of naked hang-about geriatrics were blocking the way to the fucking pool the other day to look at a video one of them took on vacation.

Three grandpas standing around, vintage balls flapping in the wind and probably into each other, blocking the path.

Another dude trying to get into the locker area was waiting around for them to stop being butt buddies. When I asked them to move. they just left enough room for me to play dodge the dong.
>>
>>38105607

Old black guy at my former gym used to be a heavyweight boxer. He was sort of punch drunk and the size of a small house. Would talk to himself and do that stupid weight punching/dancing fighters do.

Nice guy, definitely off, everyone just gave him space to do whatever he wanted.
>>
>>38112887
>girls whose only day is 'ass day'
Dude, if I was a girl every day would be ass day.
>>
Nothing much.
Mostly nice people.

>Skinny manlet acne ridden PT insists that he has to help with all squats and bench.
>He's horny as fuck, if any female is around he'll stick to her forever.
>Why bother me when he's not going to spot ever.
>He's given up now.

>That guy that hogs something because he will use it in 20 minutes.
>And gets angry if someone uses those weights.
>>
>>38116369
>>38116369
are you in St Paul MN because we have the same shit at our LA fitness here. also Somalians. a LOT of Somalians.
>>
>>38107117
>Whenever I catch him doing this I just flex my traps like a cobra or something, and he knocks it off.

Kek, the imagery is delicious
>>
>>38117879
nope, LA in Cali
>>
File: 600px-APSWSM-PPKS-3.jpg (55KB, 600x255px) Image search: [Google]
600px-APSWSM-PPKS-3.jpg
55KB, 600x255px
Me

>you using this bench?

Him

>yea bro

Proceed to watch him sit on the bench and fuck around on his phone for the next 15 minutes. None of the other benches were open.

I'M GONNA SNAP /FIT/
>>
>>38112938
lmao beta af, why not suck his cock while you're at it.
You half-rom 2plate while he laughs his ass off @ 3plate
>>
>>38113097
>lift for 11 years
>Bench 2plate
lmao
>>
"Boy was I a fool for cutting gym!"
>>
>>38105562
I had a guy like this so I took out my knife hidden in my sock tossed it to him. He caught it and then I clocked him right across the jaw with the 20 lb dumbbell next to me. Walked to the front and told the girls he came at me with a knife and they should call the cops. He was banned and arrested. Problem solved.
>>
File: 1442677142744.jpg (37KB, 500x393px) Image search: [Google]
1442677142744.jpg
37KB, 500x393px
>>38107351
>hey man nice cock
Hey at least you made that guy's day r-right?
>>
>>38105562
Lol, I mean yeah you're going to run into an asshole in the gym sooner or later, just like every other area of life. Shake it off.
>>
>>38105761
I drop every single deadlift I do, except when I am warming up with the bar. I'm not interested in competing in powerlifting and the eccentric part of the lift bothers my knees. Sorry not sorry, if you don't like loud noises go to planet fitness.
>>
>>38107351
I don't usually laugh out loud. This made me laugh out loud.
>>
>>38106984
This is why I always insist that people work in with me, rather than making them wait. Taking off or putting on a plate or two for them to lift is a lot less burdensome than feeling them stare daggers into the back of your head while you finish your sets. Plus sometimes you make a new friend.
>>
>>38119188
That makes you a weak bitch who can't properly perform the entire deadlift movement, enjoy being a bitch.
>>
>>38107117
>give a few pointers
Don't do this, ever. It's so fucking condescending and douchey.
>>
>>38107147
The weird guy was contained by the weird guy containment machine. Sounds like a success story to me.
>>
>>38119188
>I drop the dumbbells after every curl
>i'm in not interested in the eccentric portion, deal with it
>>
>>38105868
Yeah when I'm working out between classes at uni I sometimes won't let people work in, I think when there are certain time constraints that give you an excuse to do so
>>
>>38119218
Not the slightest bit mad bro. I used to think I had to do everything a certain way and I got shitty progress and injuries. Now I train the way that feels best to me, my lifts keep going up and I feel like a crisp new hundred dollar bill.
>>
>>38117902
Hissss
>>
Not really an asshole but this really made me feel awful. this was back when I was dyel too so it stuck with me.

>at uni
>working out between classes meaning I only have an hour to work out and the gym is packed to the brim
>finally get the bench
>2 sets left
>chad walks up to me and goes "hey bro can I work in with you?"
>"haha sorry man I got class in a little bit, gotta do this fast"
>"At this gym, we SHARE"

fucking chad
>>
>>38106897
>Why don't we ever have threads about the nice guys at the gym?
No shit. Just last night all 5 benches were busy, so I just waited, and one dude approached me and insisted I work in. Super nice guy. Two sets in and a bench freed up with no one waiting so I moved as I was doing much lighter weight than him.
>>
>>38119246
>I focus on the eccentric and concentric phase of cleans
>You're a pussy if you only do half the lift
See, I can say silly things too
>>
>>38119275
Maybe your lifts are going up because you're only doing half of them
>>
>>38119275
You felt like shit deadlifting properly because you were doing it wrong, you're able to improve it easier because you're omitting the second half of the movement. Instead of manning up and deloading and learning proper form you decided to half ass it.
>>
I didn't know about planet fitness rules. When my body started going into beast mode after a few sets I took my shirt off and started working out. They got pissed and I told them they were nazis. No more planet fitness.
>>
>>38107351
How many urinals total and which one were you at?
>>
>>38105562
>Moved to a new gym recently
>It's in an old warehouse
>Run by this really chill 40 something powerlifter
>Dirty, loud, hot, keeps all the casuals away
>Just like 4-5 machines, everything else is dumbbells and barbells
>Plenty of equipment, almost never have to wait on anything
>Everyone trains compound lifts and takes there shit seriously
>Chat with the regulars every once in a while, everyone is super cool and friendly
>No grouchy middle aged men or curlbros
>No negative experiences after 4 months lifting there
I am so happy I don't have to deal with any of the shit in this thread. The only downsides are that I have to drive a half hour out of my way and there aren't many chicks, but 100% worth it to have such a great environment to train in.
>>
>>38119306
Yes, that must be it. Can't be getting any stronger, because everyone knows that if you don't lower the barbell to the ground the rep is null and void.
>>
>>38119312
Why should I? There are plenty of movements that are 100% concentric that make you stronger (the olympic lifts and all their variations, any jumping, throwing, or swinging exercises, etc.). Why should I care about being able to lower a deadlift slowly to the ground? Why should I train in a less comfortable way to appease some homo on 4chan? Should I sacrifice progress and joint health for internet brownie points? I think not. Stay mad hater.
>>
>>38116369
I do DLs in front of squat rack due to limited space, but offer the rack to anyone waiting if they want to grab a bar. And at 7 weeks in to SL, 185 lbs. is pretty heavy for me. Heck they all have been from the beginning. Progressive overload.
>>
>>38119414

Almost all of those are primarily used to train power output, with strength gains largely being driven by assistance work.

You don't have to train the eccentric phase - and there's plenty of times not to - but your examples are kind of weak.
>>
>>38113064
T O W E L
O
W
E
L
>>
>>38119435
I understand that I don't, and I have found that for myself training deadlifts without the eccentric phase is optimal, so that's what I do. My deadlift has gone up about 100lbs in since January, so I really don't care if you think I'm not training correctly. I'm not trying to convince you to do what I do, feel free to do whatever you want.
>>
>>38119420
> And at 7 weeks in to SL, 185 lbs. is pretty heavy for me.
No reason to slam it on the ground every rep.
>>
>>38119510
Oh, I try to lower it as gently as I can for that eccentric bonus. Even if it takes me over a strained second to lock out, I can still pretty easily let it down easy. Can't say the same for my 115 lb. row, but I still try.
>>
>Doing deadlifts
>Like three meters in front of me to the mirror
>Heaps of space all around
>9/10 comes and stands directly in front of me while I'm mid-lift
>Does one squat
>Turns around and says "can you stop looking at me like a fucking perve??"
>>
>>38108764
just had something similar happen to me with a bro over running, feels good to drop dead weight
>>
>>38112943

? ? ?
>>
>>38105562
The guy who takes the squat rack bar to go do 1pl8 deadlifts on the other side of the gym in the doorway, and then leaves it there
>Anyone who doesn't clean up after themselves

The person who comes within an inch of you midset (just wait 10 seconds asshole, don't try to grab a weight if I could hit you on my lift)

The guy who you ask to spot and tell them specifically to not assist you unless you ask, and they assist you anyway as soon as you start to struggle (not anywhere near as bad as not racking weights)

The guy who talks on the phone loudly to a friend for 30 minutes

The guy who plays music out loud

The most recent thing that was annoying to happen to me was deadlifting on one side of the gym nowhere near any other equipment, go to grab dumbbell to do curls inbetween sets, come back and several guys have put all their backpacks on and around the bar
>>
>>38119347
*their

not 'there'
>>
This one guy kind of keeps track of my lifts and when im not progressed since the last time i talked to him he looks dissappointed in me and makes me feel bad. I guess he just cares about me?
>>
>>38107351
I would have punched you in the fuckin face
>>
File: reaction8747834.jpg (14KB, 181x172px) Image search: [Google]
reaction8747834.jpg
14KB, 181x172px
>Former college football QB aging like shit
>Balding from the front and the crown
>Smokes constsntly
>Tries to do the same routine as when he was young
>Crunches on flat bench while yelling
>leg press while yelling
>Alternating sideways run on treadmill while grunting
>One day he's squatting
>Wait patiently, drink some water
>He gets done
>Tell him he doesn't have to rerack his weights, we're at the squat weight
>He decides to be a dick and slide the 45s off the barbell and onto the floor while staring at me
>One crushes his water, another bounces and lands on his foot
>pic related, his response to his own mistake
>limps out of the gym

Weirdest fucking thing I've ever seen.
>>
>>38121292
edgy
>>
>>38107084
If you are referring to synergy gym, no I ain't stopping shit.
>>
I had a guy like this so I took out my knife hidden in my sock tossed it to him. He caught it and then I clocked him right across the jaw with the 20 lb dumbbell next to me. Walked to the front and told the girls he came at me with a knife and they should call the cops. He was banned and arrested. Problem solved.
>>
So there's this regular at my gym...
I'm just going to tell you what he wears, every day, like a uniform.

Black rolled up beanie
Hipster beard
Super tight, deepest v-neck made by man, to show off his gorilla sized chest (No leg day for this guy, ever.)
Wrestling shorts, white spats underneath
Toothpick legs
Timberland fucking boots, I shit you not.
Goes around acting like he's gods own PT, offering bro tier advice to every person in the gym. Naturally, he hates my guts since I just ignore it.
>>
>>38121364
>>
>>38105562
Nice blog
>>
File: len.jpg (15KB, 255x413px) Image search: [Google]
len.jpg
15KB, 255x413px
>>38105761
does he look like this
>>
File: 1464683773189.gif (1MB, 446x344px) Image search: [Google]
1464683773189.gif
1MB, 446x344px
>>38121364
>>
>>38106611

They have figured out their whole Chad look is over. They have married taht retarded chick who was behind Chads so they obviously have a hard time dealing with her yelling,i-know-everything-ness and her non-stop spending money. They are probably jealous of the youth who have their life in front of them and the best years of their life upcomming. They would kill a youngling if they could decrease their age. Thus they are angry little fucks who look funny at the gym.
>>
>>38105562
he probably realizes he has about 30 years of life yet and he's passed the prime of his life
>>
File: don draper reaction 5.jpg (10KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
don draper reaction 5.jpg
10KB, 236x236px
>>38121943

my uni gym is full of nice dudes except for one old japanese guy we call sensei

> comes in at 9am SHARP every Saturday
> half rep benches for hours at a time
> steals ALL the 10lb plates, stacking four on one side while he has 3 2.5lbs on the other
> routinely steals weight off your bar if you're not paying attention
> gets pissy and pouts when you tell him you're using a weight/if there's no benches available
>>
>>38119237
>letting your fellow gym rat stay in poor form
>not making the social gains
do you even want to make it brah?
>>
>>38113187
>I love man
yeah we know that
>>
>>38105913
This must've had taken 10 minutes to think of and write out
Why even bother? We know you're talking shit
>>
>locker room set up in a C shape with one bench in the middle
>there are two other benches to sit on/use but they are not near the lockers
>me and 3 other dudes are in there getting dressed
>one old fucking white guy is sitting in the middle of the bench by the lockers
>not making room for anyone, smack dab in the middle
>eating a fucking granola bar
>watching everyone else get naked and dressed
>put my shit down next to him and just grab my clothes and change behind him
>don't want creepy old white guy looking at my fanny
>get fully dressed and start putting shit away
>white guy still there eating a granola bar staring at people
>when I mean stare, he is turning his head + torso just to look at people

Why are old white men so creepy?
>>
>be me working in gym
>boss told me to get ready for a test training, there is 3 guys coming in my age
>see 3 refugees walking into gym
>really hoping i don't have to train them
>boss tells me to show them how the cardio machines work
>i show them, they are literally to fucking stupid to listen
>i showed 1 how it works, the other 2 just sit in the bike and pedal like crazy without a timer or anything on
>just leave and wait till they finish
>after they're done, i told them to come with me and showed them the first exercise
>they are going fucking crazy, doing some core exercise fast as fuck
>told them to slow the fuck down but after like 1-2 minutes they just forget it and keep doing it just as fast
>thought myself fuck it and stopped telling them if they do smth wrong
>they see me as some god, always giving me a handshake etc. but they don't know i hate them and show them how it's done wrong
>some days ago me and my gym crush talked, later she told me that the refugees do everything wrong and way to fast
>told her "guess why" with a big smile
>tfw she likes it
>tfw i'm the asshole in the gym
>>
>doing something while sitting on bench
>old white guy appears
>couldn't have been younger than in his late 40's
>dyed bleach hair, eccentric fuccboi clothing, tattoos of brands, 3/4 pants etc.
>even with all this man-makeup mother fucker still look like an old fart
>maybe because his skin resembled a nutsack
>picks up 30's and starts grunting while curling
>starts yelling at his friend from across the gym
>leaves and comes back 10 min later
>yells a random word while doing another set
>get up to put my weights away
>he tries to walk in front of my path for some reason I can't fathom
>don't give a fuck, cut him off and put my shit down
>as I'm leaving he starts puffing his chest and picked up the invisible watermelons he dropped
>>
>>38120055
>"I was about to tell you the same thing"
>>
>>38108764
You sound like a cunt too

>Listening to music while you're with your workout buddy
>Caring about what a chick in the gym thinks
>Slamming weights on the floor
>Taking long rests between lefts
>>
>>38120055

This wouldn't happen if you were 6ft+
>>
>>38105562
>walk into gym 2 mins after opening
>favorite rack in use by middle aged guy
>Half-squatting 95lbs
>With a belt on
>>
>the guy who keeps an eye on you during the workout so he knows when you are done.
>follows you in the shower to see your BWC
>keeps facing you in the shower

Why are gay men son horny and turned on by anonymous sex? I have never shown any interest but he is still doing it everytime.

...why?
>>
>>38120225
>The person who comes within an inch of you midset (just wait 10 seconds asshole, don't try to grab a weight if I could hit you on my lift)
So there is NO place to do your lift except dangerously close to something people need access to? You might be the asshole in this case.

>The guy who talks on the phone loudly to a friend for 30 minutes
Jesus just the other day a guy did literally this, all while draped over an incline bench. He must be one of those people who thinks you need to yell in to a phone. He then proceeded to moan loudly with ever 1/4 ROM rep. Was pretty funny. but I didn't need that bench.
>>
>>38119298
>be me training since like 2 weeks
>i was young and dumb, had literally 0 experience and no one ever told me the gym rules or anything
>be me at lat pulldown machine
>finished my set so walked to the next machine
>guy comes up to me "At this gym, we UNRACK the weights"

it got stuck in my head because he didn't say it in a nice way and he saw that i was skinny and new. i know i made the mistake but still how can i know
>>
>>38119188
literally kill yourself you retarded faggot. I fucking hate people like you who drop their fucking bitch weight deadlifts and look around the gym so fucking smug for absolutely no reason. eat shit and die
>>
>>38123768
He wanted you to unrack the lat pulldown?
>>
>>38121364
>not warming up
>>
>>38107117
>>he goes to pick up 50lb dumbells
>>it takes every fiber of his being to lift off rack
>>once he is standing he grunts and begins to shake
>>he's staying completely still and tuning red
>>after about a minute and a half I realize he's trying to curl
>>he can't
>>just looks at me and leaves

Reminds me of the funniest shit ever i saw at my gym a while ago.

>awkward-looking DYEL kid with UA stringer and backwards cap on doing behind the head-press in the smith
>group of hot cardio bunnies move on to the free weight area next to him to do some non-exercises with 5kg weights
>he immediately starts grunting and peeking in the mirrors
>after his set he walks up to grab some 20-25kg dumbbells and stands next to the bunnies with a smug look on his face
>this is gonna be fun
>he tries to hammer curl
>face turns red, arms not moving more than two inches
>stands still for a while, seems to be thinking what the fuck he should do
>bunnies start to look at him funny
>suddenly he does a sharp exhale, like "ok let's do this shit"
>starts doing "squats"
>feet together, pouting his butt out, tippie-toes
>bunnies ignore him

I observed everything from across the room. To be fair though it was a good save.
>>
my cat pees in my gym sometimes, one day I will murder that little asshole
>>
>>38121377
Grab me a bandage anon I think I cut myself
>>
not and asshole but still

>be me in gym
>with friend who only does machines because scared of compound lifts
>we talk and I see 100kg deadlift loaded that someone left
>activate my inner chad
>decide to show my friend how it is done
>100kg dl is around my 1RM bt never actually tried it
>lift that shit up, hard as fuck
>drop the weight, pass out
>hit my head on some free weights
>about 5 ppl in the room all looking me very confused
>I laugh it off, my whole body still shaking

friend still on machines half a year later
>>
>>38124210
Top kek, I did my 1RM 100kg DL for the first time as well a while ago, I bet form was shity as fuck but it felt good being able to do it
>>
>>38119188
That's so fucking annoying. When I'm trying to squat or do OHP I don't want to have to deal with my years ringing because some dumbass is deadlifting too high of a weight and lets the meal slam into the ground.

If you want to slam the weights, then get a home gym, fuck off with telling people to go to PF, they pay their membership to and don't want to deal with your retarded antics.
>>
File: 454.jpg (58KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
454.jpg
58KB, 450x600px
>>38107117
>Whenever I catch him doing this I just flex my traps like a cobra or something, and he knocks it off.
>>
>>38106897
I had something like that last night.
>Doing OHP with 135 lb, get 8 reps first set
>Bump weight up to 140 lb, get six reps, grinded out a 7th rep.
>Guy next to me, who's doing squats, tells me I'm killing it
>Literally say "t-thanks"
My gym bro and I always usually keep to ourselves. I told him I think we should socialize more.
>>
I like cardio bunnies and all that, but there's one type of woman gym goer that baffles me.
>Average women who come in with shirts that reveal their stomachs, not fat, but not fit
>Have shit ton of make up on
>Either do light cardio so as to not cause a mudslide on their faces
>When lifting weights, always do it with concentrated levels of male lifters (dumb bell rack, squat racks, etc.)
>Always do exercises to emphasize their asses
>Leave frustrated after 40 minutes, they won't come to the gym for another week.
Where I workout at, guys are either older and married and their spouses are at home, older married couple, young couple, or people going with their friends, or body builders and are currently ignoring humanity.
>>
>>38109353
C O M F Y
>>
>>38119188
Absolutely disgusting. You should never straight drop a deadlift. It's fine if you lower it was some speed, but dropping it makes you a turbo faggot.
>>
>>38108928
maybe he was just fed up i had a workout partner one time that took fucking forever in between sets i would just do a second set while he kept fucking around. he made an hour long workout take 2+hrs on the reg. If youre anything like that guy i probably would have just let the barbell crush you and have someone else come get it off you
>>
>>38109122
He's against using the barbell for the single thing it was created for?
What the fuck.
>>
>>38119237
Guy gave me a pointer on bench and my bench went up ~20 pounds. I was just starting out and struggling so it really helped.
>>
>>38113187
Nice incognito mode. How many tabs of porn do you have open, anon?
>>
>>38123521
>implying you no longer need to bend over if you are over 6 feet
>>
>>38123655
I'm talking about for example you're doing squats in the squat rack, and someone comes over while you're midset and grabs weights off the squat rack (coming inches away from the bar while you're squatting) - or you're using the bench press, and someone comes within inches of the bar while you're benching to grab weights off the rack next to the press; those are the most common for my gym (you may not have that issue if in your gym the racks are not near the lifts)
>>
>>38119188
thats a good way to end up hurting your shins or break your feet depending on how you pull and if the bar bounces back at you at all
>>
>>38110471
>Not sprinting into the rack to re-rack after squats
>>
>be deadlifting 4pl8 for the first time
>gentleman of pakistani origin keeps walking back and forth right in front of me
>mutter ''fucking cunt'' and pull 4pl8
>see him always pestering the women in the gym doing nothing but shrugs
>>
>>38123609
>>walk into gym 2 mins after opening
>>favorite rack in use by middle aged guy

/fit/ - so beta that you have oneanitis for a fucking piece of gym equipment
>>
>>38107351
Small talk master
>>
The super manlet mexican kids that mean mug everybody. I fucking hate them. People who yell and slam weights all the time is pretty annoying to, it's not like they're just dropping them, they fucking slam them and sometimes you can feel the floor shake..Never got the point of slamming weights.
>>
>>38125225
Ah, gotcha. Yeah, that's just idiotic. And if for whatever reason you did hit them, YOU'D be the asshole in their eyes, likely.
>>
>late at night, just me
>8 bench presses and 6 squat racks
>Set up bench press, get to my max (135lbs)
>Do a set, stand up to walk it off/rest
>Skinny Asian fuck walks in
>crosses entire room, to use my bench press
>7 bench presses open
>WTF, whatever I'm here to lift not fight
>Set up Squat rack, do a few sets
>Walk it off/rest a sec
>Asian fuck is using my rack
>5 open, WTF
>To dumbfounded to confront him
He wasn't acting macho, didn't say anything to me, didn't even look at me as far as I am aware. WTH was he thinking? Literally 7 bench presses and 5 squat racks that weren't in use and he decide to use the only ones that were.
>>
>benching
>lady using plates as free weights
>takes the little weights, from the slots behind my bench
no problem i was close to max anyways
>reracks her weights back on the slots behind bench
>puts the 5 pound in the 5 spot, the 10 in the 10 spot and the 25 on the right side of my barbell
>look at her confused
> take the weight off
>continue as normal

Kinda anti climactic i know but it was just odd. coulda really messed me up.
>>
>>38119237
ah you cant take criticism! youre just like my sister you stupid cunt
>>
File: 1454655906869.jpg (65KB, 541x625px) Image search: [Google]
1454655906869.jpg
65KB, 541x625px
>>38112887
>anyone having a conversation while hogging equipment past the normal rest time they'd do if not talking

Damn it, I know a guy at the gym, the only person I talk to there. Dude is fat ripped and nice, but many times he has made 5-10 minutes conversations with me at the squat rack and I know we're pissing everyone off but I don't know if I should just move away or work out while he's there chatting up..shit sucks
>>
>>38108764
>Anon doesn't realize he is the gym asshole in this story
>>
File: MountainLion.jpg (76KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
MountainLion.jpg
76KB, 800x600px
>>38125353
Haha, similar thing happened to me the other day.
>4 pullup/dip stations all in a row. All empty. I just finished my first dip set in the one closest to wall, and am resting between it and the wall.
>Turn around to do next set and an Indian/Pakistani gentleman is in it doing leg lifts.
>Looks at me and smiles and says "oh, are you using this one?"
>No, I just like hanging out next to stuff for my pleasure
>Instead, say "I was, but they're all the same, so I'll use the next one over."
>Finish second set and go to rest where I was the first time.
>Turn around and he's back in the same machine.
>mfw
>>
>>38121292
That's fucking stupid. I would just be like "not interested dude".
>>
>>38125242
LOL
>>
>>38119188
Please holocaust yourself you fuckwit. Only faggots and dyels drop their 135 max deadlift like they are the shit. You are a piece of shit and you know it. I wish upon you death by negro cock. Fuck you.
>>
>be January, can only lift bar for bench press
>so embarrassed about myself I come in at midnight
>nig nogs come out at night here in Vegas
>only few nig nogs and UNLV bros at gym at this time
>UNLV guys spot me and tell me I'm doing good form since I asked them
>"everyone starts here, don't worry"
>nig-nogs laughing at me in corner
>2 weeks ago
>see same nig-nogs
>load up 1pl8
>notice I'm now lifting same as them

Feels good man.
>>
>>38109122
Almost the same happened to me, but the guy actually started a fight

You reacted well anon, I'm proud
>>
>>38105688
It's not about you. I'm going to stand right behind you so I can get the rack before someone else does.
>>
>>38112991
Because people drop the bar. Lrn to physics.
>>
>>38116500
why would you need clips for benches bruh
>>
>>38118889
true stories for free today?
>>
>>38125726
How many kg is 1pl8?
>>
>>38126297
>>
>>38120055
That story triggers me.
>>
>>38126297
>>38126312
1pl8 means one 45 pound plate on each side of the 45 pound bar, 135 pounds. 61.235 kg
>>
>>38126462
In 2 weeks he went from benching a bar to benching 61kg?
>>
>>38126523
He went from January repping the bar to just 2 weeks ago repping 1pl8. ~6 months
>>
>>38126537
Ahhh. My mistake.
>>
File: lowerfaggot.jpg (104KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
lowerfaggot.jpg
104KB, 720x405px
>Go to gym at 11AM M/W/F
>Walk in and scan card
>Say hi to owner
>say hit o receptionist lady who also handles payment (she hooked me up with 2 free months just cause i was nice and make small talk for 2 mins)
>Go to treadmill to run a quick mile
>Say hi to the 3 trainers that are always there, they ask about my lifts, encourage me (go get em! etc.)
>Finish running and go to weight room
>Start benching
>Get to working weight and kid comes over to give me some advice
>Says to arch back a bit more as I'm doing powerlifting.
>Helps me hit another 10 lbs onto my bench, based
>Set up squat rack in between sets
>Doing squats and one of the biggest dudes comes up to me, "hey you should aim for just below parallel, if you go ATG on really heavy weights you could hurts yourself, just some insight"
>"Thanks dude, ill get back to you when im not so weak, lol"
>Go do weighted pull ups and dips
>Smile at qt college girl who always insist on doing squats with just the bar in front of me
>Dat ass
>say goodbye to owner, and receptionist
>MFW my gym has about 20 regulars
>MFW tiny gym nobody knows about, family owned
>MFW only people who go are elderly (trying to stay healthy), MILF's (husband pays for the personal trainer), 3 dudes in early 20's, one of whom is a medical student and helps me learn about lifts.
>MFW everyone reracks weight, even if it isn't theirs

Only time I have come close to a confrontation was a woman who wouldn't let me work in on the pull up bars, so i walked to the other one and used it instead. Fuck her, she was a cunt for 0 reason.

Downsides:
- No dedicated squat rack, have these stands with pins and locks instead that you have to set up
- MILF's use machines for their non intended purpose and I have to wait sometimes, but since I know all the trainers I just ask if I can work in, they usually have 0 problem.
- Is 10 miles from my home, I have a 24 hour less than a mile away but fuck that.
>>
>>38125353
>>38125462
they want the D bros
>>
>>38120225
>that guy who doesn't green text
>>
>>38105562
Don't worry about it bro. We all have bad days, and when we look back we'll think "shit man why did I do this?"
>>
>>38118889
Cool story brah
>>
>be in Southern California
>Mexicans won't pay for the child care at the gym so let their keeds run around free range
>tell manager about kids running around the free weights kicking a damn soccer ball
>he doesn't want to kick them out because "then I'll have a lawsuit on my hands"
>trying to decide between dropping a weight on a kid or letting one trip me for an injury I can sue for
>>
>>38105562
you are doing it wrong. first off i wouldn't say anything. i'd wait and do some other workout. but if i were you after he said FOUR i would have said more to him to reinforce i'm not taking his shit. if i got to the point where he said JUST LET ME FINISH i would have walked up on him and stood over him with intensity until he makes a weird face and scurries off.
>>
>>38105607
>>38107057
that's how it is in the street in my city. it's just a lot more serious. i see it happen to others more than me though. when i experience this i don't even acknowledge them. the old men never do anything. all you hear is intense exertions of air from their vocal cords. and all you see is stiff walking old guys hating on your integrity. it really is like coming across children-versions of people. it's like they suffer from such intense ageism that they feel the need to act out immaturely to match with some thing in their head.
>>
>>38107117
lmao i wish this was at my gym so i could see you both spar. i wouldn't even get in the middle of it lol
>>
>>38120055
>Why don't you make me? We can meetup at my place, my afternoon is free.

These situations are opportunities, Anon. Score the pussy.
>>
>>38107351
This could have been an alpha moment. Should have held eye contact and smiled. That dude would never ever fuck with you again, unless he was diggin' it.
>>
>>38105562
Did this happen near Chicago?
>>
>>38109158
what's wrong with ghostbusters?
>>
>>38106995
Gibe tips to deal with assholes plox
>>
I only started at the gym 5 months ago, but my gym recently had the goon squad enrol with a PT. They come in 2 of my 3/4 days and it's just like, I was always a little indignant about the stories of these types of women in the gym believing them to be overblown or just people picking on women for being women, but you weren't exaggerating at all were you guys?

They're those kind of chicks that are on the kebab end of chunky if you know what I mean (fellow Britfags will understand), but they come in wearing crop tops and boots shorts with a great big muffin top, full face of makeup/false eyelashes, hair done, the works. Every time they go into the corner and begin doing side crunches on yoga mats which progresses into a fervent squealing and bemoaning their fate, then after they go walk on the treadmills for around 10 mins, by which point I'm on the rowing machine, and they glare at me.
They've only recently begun coming into the weighted area whereas previously whenever they tried to come down and saw me they'd turn round and walk right back up the stairs.
Now they come in and huddle in the corner sitting on the benches flapping 1-2kg dumbells around whilst gossiping and tittering about how "dead fit they're gonna look" and which local they intend to have to spelunking their depths. Recently they've taken to start whispering and giggling whenever I'm squatting, but the PT actually spends more time flirting with them them he does training them.

idk mang. I don't want to be 'that' girl but sometimes I don't understand other women.
>>
not me but a friend of mine
>group of guys who never unrack when they're done
>my friend is an ex football player, powerlifter now with some provincial records
>one day they leave the weights and go get changed
>walks in the change room and yells " PUT YOUR FUCKING WEIGHTS AWAY"
>scared them shitless
>they were never seen again
we still joke about the gym being a no bully zone
>>
>>38125726
Oh shhhit I go to unlv too

The worst thing that happened to me was

>get to gym after class
>see friend there
>telling him how I just failed exam and might fail class
>nig nog comes up to me and says "hey bro u gonna keep talking or u gonna workout?
>confused at the time, dont know if being a dick or just messing around
>say "ha ur right man"
>load more weight than him and squat it for reps

This was at unlv too
>>
>>38128763
I wish I could do shit like that. The YMCA i'm lifting at would probably kick me out for "instigating arguments/violence" even though those guys broke the rules.

I usually just give them a really passive aggressive comment instead.
>>
>>38128722
build the wall, vote UKIP
>>
>>38129063
I would but Farage Nigel-san is pro-fracking which is completely fucking retarded desu.

Also we live on an island so a wall feels a bit unnecessary
>>
>at the gym at a military "A" school base, so it's full of skinny dorkly 18-20something year olds
>am noob, doing diddies
>leave to get water and take a leak, couldn't have been gone more than 5 minutes
>small dude who I loosely know is putting my weights away
>um excuse me bro, I'm not a shitbag, if I was done with the weights I would've racked them myself

>have had other small guys come up to me and try to correct my form, or give me advice on breathing while lifting

>tfw I've been lifting for a goddamn year before shipping out to boot, tho don't have many gainzs to show for it because I was focused on losing weight (-150lbs total), and the small amount of gainz I do have are hidden behind loose skin
>tfw starting off small and squatting 1pl8 with proper form, and these niggas who are loading up 2pl8 but only moving a quarter rom and making their backs literally go into a right angle are giving me advice

>tfw can't just up and tell them to fuck off because I work with these people

I mean it wasn't a big deal the first time, but after the fifth time it's like, shit bro, fuck off. I'm here to work out, not get workout advice from some sheldon cooper looking motherfucker
>>
>>38129080
>Also we live on an island so a wall feels a bit unnecessary
That's just the moat m8
>>
OG's at my gym are annoying as fuck. They crowd the whole place, they're fat and act all cocky and insecure as shit.
>>
>>38129181
Okay this made me lel.
I did vote leave for all it's worth.
>>
>>38107117
MY SIDESSSS WTF
>>
the workers are assholes in my gym, even the nicest guy there is a tosser;

>i always rerack my shit, sometimes even stray dumbbells
>worker starts to go around saying 'make sure you rerack the weights alright'
>3 days in a fucking row to me
>do you not remember me you faggot?
>m8 i heard you the first time, you've changed nothing about my habits you lazy fuck

he's making me want to leave my weights laying around now. fuck that guy.
>>
>>38128623
He means (((Ghostbusters)))
>>
>>38117879
Burnsville LA.

Basketball court and curl machine is excellent somalian containment protocol.
>>
>>38121256
Lol wtf most interesting post in thread.
>>
File: Capture.png (46KB, 606x502px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
46KB, 606x502px
>>38107351
Good one
>>
>>38105562
>thread is still alive

Well shit guys, OP here and I hope this guy doesn't browse /fit/ or else tomorrow will be pretty shit for me lmao
>>
>>38129431
>Roseville YMCA
>ape hoop courts usually contain the somalis
>one night they leak over into the weight room
>internally kek doing leg raises while one of the skelly somalis unracks 135 from the power racks and does 1/8 ROM squats
mello lello
>>
File: 1456083818268.jpg (119KB, 716x520px) Image search: [Google]
1456083818268.jpg
119KB, 716x520px
>gonna switch from bodyweights to a proper gym next semester
>read all these stories and get nervous cuz I don't know gym etiquette besides don't hog racks and clean your sweat from machines
>>
>>38127954
Take the ball and throw it at their parents
>>
>>38130155
that shit's easy senpai
grunting is normal. do that. loud grunting and yelling is earned. you get that only when you're really putting out maximal effort
same with putting down weights. having weights make noise is fine. slamming weights belongs to the realm of maxed deadlifts and oly lifts.
wiping down equipment is only really a concern if you leave overt sweat marks on the equipment. if you're starting your workout with bench, you probably won't be sweating enough to actually warrant wiping the bench down.
if you're finishing your workout with leg raises, you may be sweating enough to wipe down the bench or captain's chair station.
basically, be conscientious to the state of the gym when you're in it. you should pretty well know what to do when you're in there.
>>
>>38120055
She was being texbook tsuendere you retard. Have chinese cartoons taught you literally nothing?
>>
>that guy who dries his balls and ass and feet with the hairdryer

Fuck's sake, every time i get out the shower, he's throwing his leg over his shoulder trying to get a good blowing angle on his taint, it's gross
>>
>>38108764

Jake?
>>
c00L tw33t br0
>>
File: eb0.jpg (25KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
eb0.jpg
25KB, 600x600px
>>38130155
Kek.
>>
>>38121256
>Home gym master race
Got some nice mirror setups, anon?
>>
File: wutt.jpg (25KB, 541x569px) Image search: [Google]
wutt.jpg
25KB, 541x569px
>A couple of months pass at the uni gym, I go from Lord Lankskell to something more filling for my frame
>There's this really short buff guy
>He always stares at me when just the two of us or only 2-3 other people are in the gym
>Gets really close
>We never talked in 3-4 months
>See him get progressively balder
>One day after beating my OHP PR he comes at me from behind
>He puts his hands on my traps and squeezes
>I turn around and ask him "what the fuck man"
>Then he squeezes my delts
>"Hey yo man chill you gotta get the blood flowing"
>Leaves
>Never see him again

Legitimately the weirdest thing to happen in my whole life, not just the gym
>>
Why am I the only person at my college gym that even does conventional deadlifts? Everyone else only does Romanians.
>>
>>38131603
Remind me the difference. I was taught RDL in high school for fooseball and never the other.
>>
>>38116425
How tf do those images work
>>
>>38127954
>>tell manager about kids running around the free weights kicking a damn soccer ball
>>he doesn't want to kick them out because "then I'll have a lawsuit on my hands"
Holy shit, I thought people exaggerated when they said americans sue each other over everything. How the fuck does this work? A gym is for people who work out only, kids running around is dangerous for them and the gym goers, it's distracting, and they haven't paid for membership. Also doesn't your gym have a minimum age rule? This is fucking perplexing.
>>
>>38131636
This is a Romanian DL
>>
File: deadlift-exercise-5854.jpg (21KB, 304x298px) Image search: [Google]
deadlift-exercise-5854.jpg
21KB, 304x298px
>>38131636
This is conventional
>>
>>38105562
being an asshole is considered a good thing
>>
>>38105562
why the fuck do you care? beta....
>>
>>38107117
>He's been back and every time he just stares at me with this lifeless stare. Whenever I catch him doing this I just flex my traps like a cobra or something, and he knocks it off.

oh my fucking god i legit can not stop laughing
>>
>>38131748
Does this shit even activate hams?
>>
>>38128722
>LONDON
>O
>N
>D
>O
>N
>>
>>38107177
god, he's disgusting
>>
>>38123768
what do I do with them after unracking them?
>>
>>38108787

oh shit never thought I'd see someone from JBER on here. Buckner is dope but when you can go to the elmendorf gym at dead hours (10am) it's pretty nice
>>
>>38131748
wtf is a stiff legged deadlift then??
>>
>>38129170
How about you bring water and go to the toilet before working out.

Fucking militarycuck
>>
>>38130911
fuck off, randy you fat cunt
>>
>>38129033
the nig nog was right. you go to the gym to mope about or to kick ass?
>>
>>38131929
Summer is a drug right? Fucking noob it's built to activate hamstrings more, since it's stretches them
>Can't tell if bait
>>
>>38105688
This.
I'm a middle aged guy (30) and some young faggot asked me how long I would be after my first bench press set even though my gym had 3 other bench racks free, Iwhich I pointed out to him but he was like "nah il wait" and went back to the rower and continued his warmup whilst keeping an eye on my progress, fucking annoying and unnecessary
>>
today at gym

>doing squats
>curlbro comes over (from the curl rack) and says that i need him to spot me
>nothanks.dll
>do squats
>'you don't need to go so low bro, you are just wasting energy this way, its not efficient'
>ignore him, finish sets, go bench
>while doing my first set he comes and starts spotting me
>interrupt my set and tell him i dont need it its only roflmfaoa0.5pl8
>he insists
>tired of this i say fine but to only touch the bar if i say i neead it
>fucker proceeds to steal my gains by lifting the bar with me, 'spotting' me for all my sets
>decide to redo my bench sets in the squat rack
>curlbro tries to get behind it to spot me again
>cant fit
>finish my sets and go home
>fucking assholes
>>
>>38107096
>>38113064
rub that talc powder stuff on what ever part of you sweats a lot, it'll keep it from getting sweaty
>>
>>38129170
Put keys or something on/ next to the bar

>>38132131
What if he runs out of water halfway through? Chill tbqh famm
>>
>>38123189
She gonna get raped soon.

They do ot fast cause they rape fast.

Fast fickie fickie
>>
File: juliusisdisapoint.jpg (5KB, 175x200px) Image search: [Google]
juliusisdisapoint.jpg
5KB, 175x200px
>>38132275
I had the bench one happen to me once
>guy insists he spots me
>I say no
>keeps insisting
>keep saying no
>go do bench
>suddenly he runs over to spots, two reps in, instantly puts his hands under it and starts to lift up
>tighten my grip, bertstare at him and lock back/chest to keep bar in place as he tries to lift it up
>had to start over again
>wasted energy and didn't break 5RM PR when he finally fucked off (off by 1 rep)
>mfw
>>
>>38112887
Spotted the Aspergers paitent
>>
>>38125235
>not throwing the bar from the other side of the room onto the squat rack for ultimate gains
>>
>>38131726
Either anon is lying or the owner is an idiot. The only legit lawsuit will be for negligence when a kid causes someone to get injured. The parents could try to sue claiming racism if they are kicked out, but that would be thrown out quickly. You can sue for anything but you can't win BS lawsuits like that.
>>
File: 1464223503959.jpg (45KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1464223503959.jpg
45KB, 512x384px
>>38120055
>>
>>38115247
Kek
>>
>>38128722
BRIS
A
N
E
>>
File: Rare_Trap_Cobra.png (274KB, 746x746px) Image search: [Google]
Rare_Trap_Cobra.png
274KB, 746x746px
>>38107117
>>
>>38118854
Why was I a fool in school for cutting gym

Ftfy

T. Faggot
>>
>>38108764

>>38125450
>>38125450
>>38125450

this
you're being a fucking delusional motherfucker, let your friend do his thing, help if asked for, you're a fucking pussy browsing IB not a PT
>>
>>38119275
>do half of the ROM
>somehow you can lift more
POTTERY.
>>
>>38132710
Why didn't you just tell him to fuck off you beta?
>>
File: topkek.jpg (942KB, 1462x1462px) Image search: [Google]
topkek.jpg
942KB, 1462x1462px
>>38107117
>>
>>38131755
>hips almost at same height as knees
>looking straight forward
>squishy shoes
>right foot further back than left foot

and you call this conventional? lmao my man
>>
>>38123447
Not that guy, but
>>Listening to music while you're with your workout buddy
How's that being a cunt? I do this a lot with my street workout buddies and we have no problem with each other whatsoever. We just get it that it pumps us up and gets us to concentrate better.
You can take the headphones off if you want to talk.

>>Taking long rests between lefts
Some people need it. Some people like it.
How's the rest duration equal to being a cunt?
>>
>>38133430
Found the nerd from the story.
>>
>>38109122
well done. However, the reaction of the staff is absolutely unacceptable. I would have left a complaint with the management, someone who can't keep order in the gym because "he'll rip me apart lol" is obviously not qualified for the job.

>>38119237
this depends a lot on how much someone actually knows about form. If someone is a DYEL newbie and in the gym for one of the first times, I think it's okay to politely offer help. I had that happen to me, and it really helped me get my DL form right. Unsolicited broscience gym advice by curlbros directed at someone who is obviously experienced, however, is annoying as fuck. Good thing I now have a home gym.
>>
>>38105562
please tell me you didn't ask him that in the middle of lift.. noobs are known for interrupting workouts min set.
>>
>>38133863
Asked him during his rest period
>>
>>38133418
nice.
>>
>>38133745
>Street workout buddies

Dancing around a park with your beats headphones is not a workout. Faggot
>>
File: 1421864295253.jpg (86KB, 442x740px) Image search: [Google]
1421864295253.jpg
86KB, 442x740px
>>38131466
He wanted the D. Afterwards was too embarassed to go back because you didn't notice him.
>>
File: WHY SO SOUR.jpg (12KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
WHY SO SOUR.jpg
12KB, 184x184px
>>38134271
t. sour lanklet that can't do a front lever
>>
>>38112991
>pushing the bar from below
>pulling the bar from above
>not understanding the physics of directional gravity

i bet you count the weight of the holes i the plates in your lifts, too, don't you?
>>
>>38134453
I always call the cops when I see you faggots running around a kids park like your in assassins creed.
>>
File: 1461725944482.jpg (19KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1461725944482.jpg
19KB, 720x480px
>>38133418
>>
>>38134717
>I call the cops on people for using public property
>I call the cops on people doing nothing illegal

This is a "gym asshole" thread not an "I'm just an asshole all the time" thread faggot.
>>
>>38125212
No you faggot

>implying the sloot wouldn't have said that shit and have him a show

I want to say that you cant be this autistic, but this IS /fit
Thread posts: 321
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.