[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Getting your girl into fitness/lifting/proper diet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Lifting-Weights.jpg (37KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Lifting-Weights.jpg
37KB, 640x480px
Has anyone ever successfully converted their girlfriend into being fit? My current GF is great in almost every way except her body is just so underwhelming. She's not fat really, just a bit chubby and has no tone. We've recently started lifting together but we've gone through phases in the past where I got her to run but it just never really lasted. She did good the first two nights but last night she just gave up and refused to continue. I think the real problem is an underlying psychological issue. She's never been into fitness or sports and that really hurts what little motivation she has. How do I get her past this and make working out and watching her diet part of her life?
>>
>>38104521

You can't. Most people are mentally weak and have no drive or willpower, and do little more than coast along in life with the flow without passion for anything, women especially so.

You can't force someone to lift or care about their fitness, it has to come from within. You won't be able to make her stick with it and she likely won't ever give enough of a shit to do it herself.
>>
>>38104521
I've done it. Positive reinforcement coupled with taking myself seriously worked.

I do meal prep, take over the whole fridge, she can either eat at some fast food joint or enjoy the food I prepare.
I lift, if she wants to spend more time with me then part of that will have to be at the gym. I tell her how she has improved and encourage her to push herself. She sees results and is then self motivated and now lifts more than some guys. Just this year she went on to compete in her first Bikini comp.

Treat her like your bro, breh.
>>
>>38104555
Someone needs a nap, Mr cranky.
>>
>>38104521
its easy talk about stuff like jogging with her and do it with her. Build from there.
>>
What kind of routine would you recommend to my girlfriend? She's chubby and wants to get lean and it's interested in lifting, I was thinking SL since she can track progress and post that shit on social media, or should I make a custom program for her?
>>
>>38104521
Every time you guys go to the gym together, tell her something new about yourself. opening up emotionally is like crack for girls, and everytime she's feeling lonely and distant she'll be dragging you to the gym
>>
>>38104982
Hmm this seems like good advice. It's kinda like pavlovs dogs.
>>
>>38104739
Read the sticky
>>
>>38104608
This sounds so perfect it hurts, i want this feel
>>
File: solidbutt.gif (108KB, 242x283px) Image search: [Google]
solidbutt.gif
108KB, 242x283px
>>38104521
Hey OP, I'll give you perspective from the flip side. My bf helped get me interested in lifting somewhat.

I always hated exercise - cardio, sports, high intensity anything, because it made my physically uncomfortable and I couldn't do much because of asthma. The least I could do was maintain a healthy diet. I was already interested in growing food, eating fresh, avoiding junk, etc. Content with skinnyfat mode.

My bf was skinnyfat too and started working out more at home, and after a month I saw progress on his body. He has very limited equipment and was able to cut bodyfat and get more tone. A couple more months pass and he's progressed to DYEL mode. During this time he'd invite me over for yoga on his rest/recovery days and we'd do a routine maybe twice a week.

Another thing that helped me was getting a labor intensive job. After a few months I started noticing definition on myself from having to do some heavy lifting on the job.

And then it all kinda clicked. I need to lift weights.

The cardio killed me but lifting weights (like yoga) was more about proper form, making every movement count, breathing properly, and it was okay to go slow. This type of exercise did not agitate my asthma.

So now we spend some days working out together, we have fun sending each other progress pics or post-workout pics, we have fun blabbing about our daily macros, we watch health lectures together, and I've come to like the feeling of getting sweaty and feeling the burn. Never thought I would enjoy that.

It's a combination of inner desire, seeing it work in action, and doing it yourself. You can open the door for her but she has to walk through herself.
>>
>>38104739

SS has less volume desu
>>
>>38104555
This seems to be, dare I say it, a case of first post best post
>>
My boyfriend got me into lifting by sitting me down and quite literally saying "beb you've gotten fat. I'm no longer as attracted to you as I once was and I'm worried about your health", and I agreed with him and went and got a gym membership that day.

Try being honest I guess?
>>
>>38104555
nailed it
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.