[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are antioxidants memes?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: 1469710462580.webm (553KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1469710462580.webm
553KB, 320x320px
My diet includes a fuckton of them from eating fruits and veggies of every color plus a shitton of spices that I use in my protein shakes and seasonings on my chicken when i cook

I started lifting a couple months ago and have gained about 15 lbs and my depression has pretty much vanished

I've literally read about people today on /fit/ who are still completely depressed/suicidal so are antioxidants legit or meme
>>
antioxidants are literally molecules that bind to free radicals in the body, particularly useful to combat oxidative stress during immunoresponse

unless you're having a ton of inflammation and have a poor diet, there is literally no reason to supplement them unless you wanna burn money
>>
>>38103767

>"literally no reason"

I just told you they treat my depression (better than anything has before). I had a qt gf who sucked me off at will and exercised daily and still had depression.

After researching on pubmed I found evidence of antioxidants being legit so I'm asking if /fit/ has any experience with them.

I'm thinking about making a website with my recipes because i've never seen them anywhere and I feel amazing most days, even though I'm a NEET now and have no future
>>
>>38103736
Antioxidant supplements are memes that do nothing. Eating fruits and vegetables is not a meme and has positive benefits.
>>
>>38103824
they did not treat your depression
>>
>>38103856

lol ok dude

I forgot to mention but my diet was pretty healthy before i lifted/had a gf. Ate fruits, veggies, chicken, avocado, beans
>>
>>38103879
Placebo?
>>
>>38103915

If eating antioxidants from natural sources (not supplements, idk where you guys are reading anything about that) is placebo then fuck, it's a fucking great ass placebo since I went from wanting to kill myself for two weeks straight a few months ago, now I wake up every morning happy and looking forward to the day/the future (even though, like I said, I have 0)
>>
>>38103879
but now you lift and have a gf

it's a confounder, anon. and why do you think it's the antioxidants in fruit, instead of say, fiber?
>>
>>38103975

my gf left me before i started lifting. The whole point is i felt like shit even though I ate relatively healthy (including 25 to 30g of fiber), exercised (kettlebell, pushups mostly), and had her giving god-tier bjs

i think it's antioxidants because I started incorporating seasonings and spices, along with more variety of fruits and veggies (for their specific flavonoids) in my diet after she broke up with me + I started lifting. I doubt lifting is the reason I'm better because I have friends and read about people on this bored who are depressed like I was
>>
File: 1443778786858.jpg (46KB, 526x568px) Image search: [Google]
1443778786858.jpg
46KB, 526x568px
>>38103736
>spices that I use in my protein shakes
>>
File: B__Q7i0UgAAw_TT.jpg (50KB, 577x522px) Image search: [Google]
B__Q7i0UgAAw_TT.jpg
50KB, 577x522px
>>38104240

>he drinks artificially sweetened protein shakes
>>
>>38103824
You're a faggot, lad.
>>
File: 1431562399925.jpg (64KB, 700x731px) Image search: [Google]
1431562399925.jpg
64KB, 700x731px
>>38104312
actually I drink unflavored unsweetened.
>>
>>38104332
with water.
>>
>>38104332

good to know you like the taste of ejaculate
>>
>>38103736

.> Failing reps on LMAO1stick
> Being Remotely close to making it
>>
Op, tell me your recipe. I don't want to live any more but willing to try a few things before I buy the rope.
>>
>>38104853

ok dont kill yourself yet give me a couple hours and I'll post them here
>>
>>38104853

i dont have the time to post recipes but read these two

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3846682/

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2952901/

they give you the gist of what you need to do with your diet.
>>
>>38103736
a lot of studies indicate that higher levels of antioxidant consumption lead to decreased cancer rates. Other than that can't say
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.