[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

who else brokefag and / C A L I S T H E N I C S /

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: calisthenics.jpg (3MB, 1800x1322px) Image search: [Google]
calisthenics.jpg
3MB, 1800x1322px
who else brokefag and / C A L I S T H E N I C S /
>>
not broke but I don't like being in gyms so yeah breh
calisthenics all day
got the rings
>>
>>38101532
>>38101761
i'm also a calisthenics fag don't worry about not being in a gym bros we'll get functional gains regardless and be aesthetic and lean
>>
>implying calisthenics and free weights isn't the best
>>
File: 1463666823482.png (3MB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1463666823482.png
3MB, 1200x1200px
>>38101532
If you wanna supplement your callisthenics with some mass get yourself some dumbells and cheap weights on craigslist and do something like pic related
>>
>>38101532
Yo.
I also realized that I'm going to be that guy in that barrel.
>>
>>38101937
fuck what this guys says calisthenics is all you need resistance is resistance don't waste your money
>>
>>38101959
Enjoy those legs
>>
>>38102076
what is shrimp squats
what is high step ups
what is high intensity sprints?
>hurr durr 3 pl8 squats HUGEE LEGS BRAH
how about you put those big boy legs to use and beat me in a sprinting race if you are able to
>>
Unless you're not in prison you have no reason to be doing calisthenics.

Every single bodyweight exercise gets btfo'd by any real lifting program. Nice excuses autismos
>>
>>38102094
post a vid of you doing one arm push ups one arm pull ups a handstand or a muscle up
you should be able to lifters have functional strength right?
>>
>>38102094
b-but im a poorfag
>>
>>38102094
Well, you have fun with that.
>>
File: not poor.png (86KB, 280x413px) Image search: [Google]
not poor.png
86KB, 280x413px
>There's a guy at the gym I go to who is paying $$$ to do bodyweight exercises and does nothing else while he is there.

Not my place to trash someone's routine, but shit man, people sometimes....
>>
>>38102090

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSsiUyMR-gw

Everyone, including gymnasts, lifts
>>
>>38102122
How is that functional? How is that a useful thing to be able to do? When will I be required to do a one-arm pushup? Also, have fun with no legs and no progressive overload. You guys are worse than crossfitters and permabulk no-curls powerlifters.
>>
>>38101939
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diogenes_of_Sinope

There are far worse people to model yourself after.
>>
>>38102228
because when you're able to do one arm push ups or a one arm pull up you have to a significant amount of pound for pound relative strength it shows you have exceptional body control you retard it's all about being lean and relatively strong and healthy there is progressive overload in calisthenics it's called switching to a more difficult skill or movement no actually you fucking gym rats are the worst
>>
>>38102228
How is squatting 500 pounds using an even bar in an air conditioned gym useful?
>>
>>38102261
It's not. I never claimed to have any functionality. You guys with your one-arm pushups did
>>
>>38102256
All that tells me is that you guys are light, and don't have much muscle mass and can therefore perform one-arm movements, but won't be able to lift much weight. Also, if some exercises are more effective than others, why don't you want progressive overload on those exercises instead of switching to harder variations? Why overcomplicate things?
>>
>>38102251
>Hating based Diogenes
>Not masturbating in public
>Not serving Plato
>Not telling Alexander the Great to fuck off
>>
>>38102094
I do some calisthenics and lift weights. Fight me, faggot.
It's not much calisthenics, but just dragon flags and other ab exercises. Do weighted pull ups and dips count? I'm working on a planche and eventually human flag.
>>
>>38102305
I have a decent amount of mass and can do a few one arm pull ups and push ups. I've never done calisthenics in my life, but I try them every now and then for shits. You're just weak, you retard.
>>
>>38102440
Yeah, that stuff is good. These guys want to never touch a barbell.
>>
File: rich.jpg (515KB, 1200x808px) Image search: [Google]
rich.jpg
515KB, 1200x808px
>>38101532
>who else brokefag

not me
>>
>>38102457
This is true that you don't have to do the exercise to be good at it. These guys are suggesting only calisthenics
>>
>>38102094
>Unless you're not in prison you have no reason to be doing calisthenics.
>Unless you're not in prison

I'm not in prison. Should I be doing calisthenics?
>>
>>38102076
Look at those cynical legs tho
>>
>>38102305
>Decline pushups with feet above parallel are close to 2/3 bodyweight
> I weigh 200 pounds
> I am pushing 130+ pounds with one arm/half of chest.
I'd be willing to bet my pecs don't know the difference between pushing a 130 dumbbell, my 200 pound fat ass, or something in real life, like putting up hay or punching a bag.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.