[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Convince my friend to eat oats

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: oatmeal.jpg (2KB, 127x91px) Image search: [Google]
oatmeal.jpg
2KB, 127x91px
>Try to convince friend to eat oats in the morning
>He is clueless on fitness, when i asked him about his goal he said he wants to 'tone his belly' and 'get bigger arms', he is skinnyfat
>I suggested he does a deficit this month with cardio to shed some weight and then do a proper year-long strenght program to build some muscle
>Tell him that he should stop eating cereal in the morning because it's full of sugar and he should eat oats instead, so he doesn't go hungry throughout the day due to insulin spikes
>He says ' you told me to count calories and oatmeal has the same calories as cereal, i can' t eat that shit even with honey'

Is there any convincing him
>>
dont eat if you dont like it
>>
I hate all these fat motherfuckers with their victim complexes. Everyone is such a pussy.
>>
tell him about macros and micros

>I suggested he does a deficit this month with cardio to shed some weight and then do a proper year-long strenght program to build some muscle
why not just jump straight to a strength program, there really isn't any reason at all to "shed some weight" especially since he's going to have to eat big and will probably get that weight back anyway

just put him on SS with legs only twice a week
>>
Let him eat what he enjoys, eating sugar doesn't matter if you are active, or are able to fit it in your macros, as long as his over all diet is "okay"
>>
Step aside niggers. Best oatmeal recipe coming through
>Pour one cup of oatz into a bowl
>Pour enough whole milk into the bowl to cover most of the oatz
>Microwave on high for 3 minutes
>Take the bowl out, add one scoop of CMON powder (flavour is up to you)
>Take a spoon full of almond butter and dump that on top of the oatz milk and powder
>Stirituplittledarling.mov (the heat from the oatz should melt the almond butter making it easier to mix in
>Add honey and cinnamon according to your preferences and stir

Shit's delicious
>>
Sometimes we push things on people but misplace our intentions. You don't need to prove to your friend that you know how to lose weight in the hopes you will gain his praise and gratitude. Share your advice once, not as a suggestion but as an example, then let him find his own path.
>>
>>38098353
I told him and he didn't listen to me as usual because he only believe his other friends who do brosplits and use a shitton of protein and supplements even though i'm more shredded and lift more than them. I eat my oats with honey and raisins everymorning and they taste fucking awesome but apparently it's not good enough for him. Also he refuses to squat or deadlift because his brosplit friends don't do these excersises. Tbh he always starts working out then stops 2 weeks later, he got back into it because i cut and he got jelly of me being shredded(always been 15% bodyfat)

>>38098364
Sugar is literally the devil, and there is literally no reason to consume it along with bread. Also his overall diet is shit, it's like cereal in the morning, apples, and then a salad and of course he eats junk food every 2 days because he 'goes out'.
>>
>>38098421
I think its time to break it to him. Not everyone makes it.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywkEGKXk2cQ
>>
>>38098396
Too much counting and weighing desu. I just use greek yoghurt and sometimes add some raisins.
>>
When do you eat oats?
Don't tell me there are people on /fit/ who have breakfast?!

Protip: eat two big meals per day.
You have 16 hours without eating (including sleep) and then have 2 means in the other 8 hours, lunch and dinner.
Thats the best way to have a short fast and then get the energy you need.
>>
>>38099549
>falling for the meal timing meme
>>
Some times you gotta touch the stove to feel the burn. Let him go through the hardships of a oatless, raisanless and more importantly gainlessness wastage of time. He will soon find out.
>>
Are there any benefits to having porridge for breakfast? I generally have a full meal in the morning since oats and cereal don't really fill me up that much.

I prefer having meat, rice and some veg for my breakfast fuel.
>>
>>38099635
For me I used to like heavy meat breakfasts and eggs with rice.

I stopped because I get bad heartburns on the way to work.

I prefer non acidic non fatty breakfasts.
>>
>>38099580
Yeah he isn't gonna go through all that because he will stop training again.

I rarely give him advice anymore because he is unmotivated as shit, he gets laid a lot and thus doesn't really feel the need to fix his body. He thinks you can look shredded by just taking supplements ffs.

Not being a nogf fag means 0 motivation, if you get laid as a skinnyfat you'll stay skinnyfat forever
>>
>>38099549
Yeah this all fine and dandy but if you train 3 times a day like me (heavy cardio in the morning, lifting at noon and cardio in the evening ) you need to eat a good breakfast or you get shrekt after swimming the first 1k

Intermittent fasting is for people who don't train properly and can't stay off shit food.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.