[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

5×5 Strong lift workout help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1463892643028s.jpg (2KB, 125x83px) Image search: [Google]
1463892643028s.jpg
2KB, 125x83px
Yes I've read the sticky

So here's the jist. I'm cutting atm, but I'm also trying to build muscle. Should I do cardio every morning, or just off mornings?

>pic unrelated, because posting the workout pic results in a duplicaye image error.
>>
File: 1469695582521.png (37KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
1469695582521.png
37KB, 700x600px
>related pic
>>
>>38097887
Up to you really. I do it on off days when I can be assed/have the time. If you want to do it on the days you lift go for it. I'd prefer to do it after lifting though, tired legs and squats and DL don't really mix. As long as it's not. Interfering with your recovery days it's not a problem at all.
>>
It is entirely up to you and your capacity for work and ability to recover.
Just start slow and see how it works out for you.
>>
>>38097919
Does 30 minutes of running effect your leg recovery, if done on a recovery day? Like is the running strenuous enough on your calves that you're not allowing them to repair? Also, I want to make sure I'm lifting correctly. I do this routine every other day, correct?
>>
>>38097960
Running won't impact strength but it may reduce your work capacity on the same day and result in your work volume being sub optimal
>>
>>38097887
You aren't cutting you fat retard. Loosing weight and cutting aren't the same thing. Dyels always say this and I want to fucking kill them every time.
>>
>>38098027
Thanks for the correction. Enlighten me, however, as cutting means to lower ones BMI, correct? So if I'm trying to lower my bmi, while also attempting to gain lean muscle, that would be cutting, correct?
>>
>>38098045
cutting is reducing bf% while maintaining muscle mass

You have no muscle mass to maintain. BMI is a useless metric for individuals and only really has value for tracking population trends. bf% is a better metric to track
>>
>>38098071
>You have no muscle mass to maintain
I'm pretty sure OP has at least decent leg muscles. Fatties are known to have sikk calves
>>
>>38098095
they have calves but nothing else usually
>>
>>38098108
Saying that he has no mass to maintain is not correct then.
>>
>>38097887

If you can do cardio on your off days, you aren't squatting heavy enough.

To bulk/build muscle, you need to be in a caloric surplus, to cut/drop weight, you need to eat at a deficit, or cardio yourself into a deficit.

You could try doing a leangains type recomp

>before you ask what that is, use google
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.