[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT Pupper edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 331
Thread images: 36

File: 1445823941733.png (239KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1445823941733.png
239KB, 800x600px
Last one is just about dead.

Is 1/2/3/4 the ideal setup for moving into an intermediate routine, or should it be based on the number of deloads one is forced to do?
>>
>>38097530
Deloads.
if you're still progressing, there's no need to switch anything up.
My question is, what's a better diet for losing bf%, high fat or high carb? Or does it matter at all. I read conflicting shit everywhere.
>>
>>38097551
moderate carbs and fat and up your protein ratio, cut calories duh

just take your maintenance and cut 300 calories a day and you'll be losing a pound a week if your lifting and cardio is on point
>>
>>38097622
I'm aware of all that, not my first cut, just wondering which would be more efficient, or whether it makes a difference at all.
>>
File: 1452562619273.jpg (106KB, 1200x1066px) Image search: [Google]
1452562619273.jpg
106KB, 1200x1066px
>>38097530
Dumbbell pullover on push day or on pull day ?
>>
Can anyone suggest a good cheap home workout set
>>
Are you considered a intermediate lifter once you go past noob gains or is it once you hit certain numbers on the big lifts?
>>
>>38097530
I was only able to put size on my arms (biceps and triceps) by doing as much exercises I could, heavy as I could, for as long as I could. This resulted in long workout sessions. I want to cut down on the time I dedicate to my arms, but I don't want to lose the size I've gained. Will reducing the amount of exercises/sets I do (per workout) cause my arms to lose the progress they've made aesthetically?
Any difference on a cut/bulk?
I find my arms never get tired when I work them out, so I end up doing insanely long workouts. I currently work them out 2x a week and end up doing around 8 different exercises each for bi's and tri's 3x10. I know it's stupid, but I've seen more progression on this and would like to shorten my workouts.
>>
>>38098002

There's really no consistent definition, but its most commonly "when you're no longer able to make consistent progress session-to-session".
>>
>>38097755
Which day actually has room for it? If on push do em with straight arms, if on pull with bent elbows
>>
Will SS make me T-Rex mode?
If so should I add some arm exercises so they don't lag?
>>
>>38098052
Do Greyskull LP, less legwork, more reasonable progress, acessory work easier to fit in if you want that, yada yada

If you have an easy time building leg mass then SS _will_ give you t-rex legs
>>
>>38098017
I used to do them bent elbows on pull days, tks for the trick I'll try with straight arms, maybe do both on two days.
>>
The gym I have to go to (due to location) might not have the best free weights selection just looking on their website. I think they MAY have a bench and that's about it but I'm not sure. Assuming this is true are there any good routines that utilise all of those machines that gyms seem to want these days? They have plenty of those.
>>
>>38097667
if you're cutting over 0.7% of your total body weight a weak you'll be eating into lean mass as well. So bear that in mind.

>>38097755
Doesn't matter, I'd say do them on push day for sick tricep pump but it makes no difference.

>>38098002
When you no longer make consistent progress on a linear progression template and require periodisation to make gains.

>>38098005
Use more weight so you do less reps and save time.
>>
>>38098005
Pick a Bi and a Tri exercise that's more suitable for heavy load and start off with lower rep and heavier work.
Ex: Lying triceps extensions (look up how rippetoe deos them) 3x6-8
Barbell/Ez-Bar Curl 3x6-8
Triceps exercise #2 2-3x8-10
Biceps exercise #2 2-3x8-10
Triceps exercise #3 2-3x10-12
Biceps exercise #3 2-3x10-12

Rest ~2-3 mins on #1, 1-2 mins on #2 and ~30secs on exercises #3.
Exercises #3 can prolly be supersetted to save even more time. This should get you done in about an hour?
>>
>>38098125
>if you're cutting over 0.7% of your total body weight a weak you'll be eating into lean mass as well. So bear that in mind.

Yes, I know, what I'm asking is whether eating a high carb or a high fat diet makes a difference if they're the same calorie wise.
>>
>>38098189
I die if i dont have carbs on lifting days, just my experience tho.
>>
>>38098085
My legs are pretty shit so in that case I assume that it will help me get to a normal balance without giving me T-REX legs, right?
>>
>>38098236
Sure, if you don't like the speed of your leg development you can just transfer program later, just don't kid yourself. If you're starting to question whether you're going t-rex or not, you're prolly going t-rex.
>>
What is DIDLY? Can actually who is nice enough explain common acronyms used here?
>>
>>38098278
Deadlift I assume
>>
I've got about 8 lbs left of my cut, and I've been cutting for a few months and I feel exhausted, depressed, hungry, and weak. How do I keep motivated to keep cutting and how do I keep from giving in and binging?
>>
How do you improve grip fast? I could deadlift 3pl8 when I started so my grip never had a chance to develop. I really don't want to use straps
>>
>>38097755
>PULLover
>pull or push day?

wew
>>
>>38098392
When you do your last rep, just hold the bar up until your grip fails. Should work pretty well.
Otherwise you can do heavy kroc rows, they also help a bunch.
>>
>>38098424
Just to make sure, I'm doing it with mixed grip (only last set), so hold it with mixed grip?
Also desu the problem is that I fail to do my 5 reps because my grip fails so I doubt I will be able to hold it in my last
>>
>>38098448
Nope, go double underhand, always.
Just do as many as you can then and still hold it on the last rep.
>>
>>38098361
Take a week to eat at maintenance and reward yourself with some treats. You'll feel refreshed afterwards.
>>
>>38097530
1/2/3/4 is a meme and you got baited hard

when daily progress stops coming deload a couple of times untill you make no progress again and move onto a weekly progress workout

>>38098448
if you awnt grip strength don't "cheat" using mixed you nerd

do as the other anon said, use magnesium and try to hold your 80-90% of your 1RM for as long as you can
take that as an accesory excercise for your DL
>>
>>38098463
I mean overhand, fuck
>>
I'm on SL and have reached 95kg SQ / 105 DL. After a month i'm getting back to it, deloaded everything by 20%. My question is if i can switch programs to 3x5 like SS or Greyskull. I'm tired of the 5 fucking sets. I've read up on why 5 sets, they claim it's to practice form. I mean I was at 95kg, it's not much, but how much form practice can one fucking need? Also, what's the general opinion on "The average f'n program" here? It seems interesting because it has more deadlifts for a beginner program.
>>
>>38098496
I've tried both routines and I can confirm you SS is indeed better. Or at the very least it worked better for me and my friends.
>>
>>38098496
If you have your form down, then you will lose nothing by switching to 3x5.
SS and GSLP are both great.
>>
File: 20160724_120633.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160724_120633.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
Is IIFYM a meme?
Pic semi-related: Battered Mars Bar
>>
How do I go to the gym and do my workout without looking like a sperg?
>>
>>38098473
Did that a month ago, it helped, but I can't do it again after only a month.
>>
I gained too much fat on a bulk and now I don't have a clue what to do. Everything told me to eat loads to gain so I did, and my lifts did go up, but ended up with a belly and way more fat than I should have done. I don't know what to do now - I'm still a beginner and don't want to spend months cutting and making no gains.

basically when I started I was really skinny (60kg 5'8) , bulked for ages and probably drank way too much milk and got to nearly 80kg. now I've stopped bulking I'm down to 72kg but I'm just stuck in limbo - not a good cut because not enough muscle to show and not getting any gains in the meantime because of calorific deficit. What weight should I cut down to before starting bulking again (correctly this time) ?

whole thing is pissing me off because I was making good progress in gym (started with just the bar squats, got to 95kg 5x5) and now its like I have to put everything on hold.
>>
>>38098791
Cut, you sound like a noob so you'll still make gains. You won't have enough muscle as you'd like at the end, but at least you'll be able to start your bulk properly. If you start bulking now you'll feel like shit because you'll look like shit.
>>
>>38098791
Just like you have to cut properly, you also need to bulk properly.
What that means is never going over 300-500 cals maintenance, or otherwise you'll just get fat again.
Cut down again, and try again from the start and this time don't just stuff your face mindlessly.
>>
>>38098810
can you give me any idea of what weight I should try to cut down to? just need a goal to work towards. I want to cut fast as well, so not really a proper cut. Just want to lose weight quickly so I can start a real slow and steady clean bulk.
>>
>>38098544
What makes GSLP? The fact that the last set is as many reps as possible? Or am i missing something?
>>
>>38098862
Cut properly or you'll regret it m8.
>>
File: increasebutts.jpg (91KB, 574x689px) Image search: [Google]
increasebutts.jpg
91KB, 574x689px
What the hell is butt-wink and can someone give me an example (youtube?) of bad butt wink vs good form without butt wink?
>>
>>38098791
cut, then short cycle then maintain
>>
>>38098862
Ideally you're working towards a bf% not a weight and you should aim for around 10%.
>>
File: 1469245054081.jpg (105KB, 847x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1469245054081.jpg
105KB, 847x1024px
I'm thinking of transitioning from low bar to high bar squats to preserve and increase the longevity of my lower back. Is that wise or just paranoia talking?
>>
>>38099054

Mostly paranoia. Try high bar if you like - it might end up working better for you - but it isn't really safer on the back.
>>
>>38098937
yeah I get that, but I have very little muscle to cut down to. I just want to get down to a lowish weight and then do a clean bulk so I can actually make gains.
>>
>>38098115
pls help i want to be fit like you guys
>>
Are there any good alternatives to squats. I have atp and I tried it and I managed lmao1pl8 for 1 rep before my lower back gave in. Are Bulgarian split squats an trap bar deadlifts good?
>>
>>38099085
Should I decrease my working weight if I decide to switch to high bar?
>>
>>38099209
what do you mean with
>lowet back gave in
you mean you rounded your back?
>>
>>38099221
I got really bad pain in my lower back
>>
>>38099217
yes
>>
>>38099217

Almost certainly. How much you'll need to drop back by varies but you'll probably have to dedicate a couple sessions to learning the form and figuring out your new working weights. Most people are about 10% stronger lowbar but it can vary a lot.
>>
>>38098918
Squat only 2x/week, deadlift only 1x/week, microload upper body lifts, only 2 main lifts each day, weighted chinups every other day (or just mon and fridays)
>>
>>38099179
Listen up you little bitch, your fitness is not our concern: it's yours. So take charge of it. Physically go to the gym you lazy fuck and see what it's like. If it's shit, find a better gym. If it's not, congratulations, you're a winner.

The recommended routines are Greyskull, SS, and even ICF. Do not deviate. Do not despair. Persevere. Grant yourself 3 months of absolute dedication, and I guarantee you results.
>>
>>38099227
sounds like rounding to me. It's a flexibilityproblem not a strength problem. Here are the things that help:
>don't go deeper than you have to
>use more weight
>wear olympic weightlifting shoes
>improve ankle flexibility/stretch soleus
>swith to highbar squats
>shove your knees out
>feet at 60-90°
>stretch glutes+hamstrings (with a straight back)+adductors (in squat position)
>>
>>38099235
Why microload the bench press? Do i really need .5kg plates to do GSLP?
>>
>>38099263
and vary the stance width
>>
File: 6368500ecff3ae6ad_james_holmes.jpg (27KB, 549x372px) Image search: [Google]
6368500ecff3ae6ad_james_holmes.jpg
27KB, 549x372px
What happens if I take roids and lift heavy while being overweight (close to obese)??
>>
>>38099264
You can get pretty far with 2.5kg increments on bench, but by not using 1kg increments you are no longer doing the program (literally the words of the author). The logic is basically that if you're gonna do a program til the squats/diddlies stall you might as well just microload the bench/ohp from the getgo and avoid deloads. You'll probably end up getting your bench/ohp higher on this program because you'll be using reasonable progress
>>
I'm doing PPL currently. The problem I have with weighted dips and pull ups is that if I do them first then they fuck up my compound lifts. But if I do them second then I can literally not do a single rep (this is mainly on dips following bench press). Would it be wise if I avoid them on pull and push days and instead do them separately on the legs day?
>>
I just hit 4pl8 deadlift and my grip is barely holding on even with mixed grip. Is it time to use straps for heavy singles or work on my grip?
>>
>>38099263
>>38099280
ok thanks I'll try to improve my mobility and see if that helps, thank you
>>
>>38099295
You'll get mantitties
Not kidding
>>
>>38098448
Just get some straps and use them when maxing out. Farmers walks are also good
>>
So /fit/ i fell off a truck last week and tweaked my back. Squatting and deadlifting hurt like a motherfucker, pretty much anything that might incolve your back causes a lot of discomfort, and my mobility has gone down a bit.

How can i rehab my back without going to the doctor? I just started lifting a few weeks ago and havent really done anything since the accident because of the pain. I want to lift but my body doesnt.
>>
>>38098862
like 13% bf should be your initial goal. Measure it using 7 point calipers if you're autistic about it but the navy one is accurate enough (~3% variance)
>>
>>38099312
That makes perfect sense to me, too bad i'm not secure enough to bring .5kg plates to my normie ass gym
>>
Can someone please explain me why I should keep fat intake low while bulking? Everyone says the only thing that affects your weight is calories in/calories out. Then why shouldn't I just eat fat food for easy calories as long as I get enough protein to build muscle?
>>
>>38098918
Last set being AMRAP is a pretty big thing because it means when you deload you can still set a volume PR the following weak. So basically you are starting to autoregulate intensity and volume which sets you up well for intermediate programs.
>>
>>38099417
You shouldn't keep fat intake low while bulking. Fats are important for a healthy endocrine system.

Just make sure you have a sensible macros and eat veg for micro nutrients.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-24-20-58-42.png (216KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-24-20-58-42.png
216KB, 540x960px
Best way to improve deadlift grip strength?
>>
>>38099446
Do you switch grip?
>>
>>38099336
Is... is that all?
>>
>>38099490
Yes. To clarify, I meant improving pronated grip strength over mixed grip
>>
>>38099521
high rep dumbell rows (croc rows)

must be humiliating to fail a deadlift because of your grip strength
>>
Just had my first workout a couple of days ago after a month long break. I was planning on going again today but my muscles are still sore, would it be a good idea to leave off for another day until the DOMS is gone? I guess I'm rusty because I'm not used to not recovering after 48 hours
>>
>>38099854
Listen up you little bitch, power through. Perform your first warm-up set twice to sufficiently warm your muscles and then progress through your warm-up routine.
>>
>>38099854
Work through DOMS you pussy. Supplement with HMB if it's that bad
>>
>>38099384
Listen up you little bitch, either pay for a doctor or stop lifting altogether. You can try yoga for your lower back pain. Specifically, Yoga Vidya's "Yoga for Complete Beginners - Yoga Class 20 Minutes"
>>
>>38099085
>>38099233
>>38099229
Thanks guys
>>
>>38099384
Your core is probably hilariously weak. T-Nation has a good ab workout thing called 21st century abs training or something. google it
>>
>>38098637

No idea about your question, but

>tfw Scottish and never actually seen a battered mars bar in person
>tfw the English and Americans always make jokes about it
>tfw battered pizza is definitely the most appealing thing you can get in a chippy
>>
As a 300lb guy trying to lift and lose weight, will 1500cal limit kill me? I also do physical labor as a job (wire running and installation).
>>
>>38100010
Yes. Think of weight loss as a relatively short term project. I assume you have been overweight or obese for more than 7 years. 2 years of steady dieting and exercise is a much shorter period of time in comparison. To rephrase, slowly cut for 730 days to counter the 2555 days of being a fat fuck. Go to Scooby's website, calculate your TDEE and subtract 500 calories.
>>
I heard that running shoes are bad when you squat, so should I use my stringless converse shoes when I go to the gym?
(only shoes other than running that I have)
>>
File: lowbar.jpg (64KB, 405x714px) Image search: [Google]
lowbar.jpg
64KB, 405x714px
I've been trying to move from highbar to lowbar and I'm struggling with it. Does it look ok? I'm trying to find the proper place to put it, but I'm having a hard time
>>
>>38100142
do you have rear delts?
>>
>>38100111
Flat soled shoes with minimal cushioning are better than running shoes. Investing in a pair of Adipowers would be best
>>
>>38100147
having a hard time locating them
>>
>>38098943
Hip rounding
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1f6mk1aVuA
>>38100111
Yes, squashy shoes are shit for squats
>>38100142
Thats not on your rear delt 'shelf' tighten it up
>>
went to the gym for the first time today
planned to do cable crossovers but one side had been lowered to the bottom of the machine
how the fuck do i move it
>>
So after I pack on some muscle
Skinny-Fat isnt a thing anymore right ?
>>
>>38100188
Why didn't you ask for help?
>>
>>38100214
Correct
>>
>>38100214
Skinny fat is having a lower bf% but havin problem fat such as chest and gut. Only muscle gain and cutting mixed with cardio can remove you from skinny fat.
>>
>>38100214
Skinny fat is being healthy bmi with >25% bf
>>
>>38100276
there was no one around so i just walked away feeling retarded
>>
>>38100295
>bf% above 25

That's not true at all.
>>
>>38100188
There's usually a clip for the hopper type thing which you release to slide it up and down
>>
>>38100306
20% then. Basically you are a 'healthy' weight but you have no lean muscle mass.
>>
>>38100328
Exactly. It's not even necessarily fat, but rather, loose skin that muscle can easily fill out
>>
>>38100337
I think the technical term is metabolically obese at normal weight.

What circumstances would lead to people have a bunch of loose skin without having ever been over weight?
>>
>>38100356
Because you usually get skinny fat when you lose some weight.
>>
>>38100368
Being overweight will have fucked their endocrine levels anyway, the result is the same.

Most skinny fat people are just completely sedentary and eat shit.
>>
if i eat 10 days at 500 kcal deficit and then on 11th day I go full bonkers and eat 5000 kcal surplus will I loose 10 days of cutting?
>>
>>38100381
That too. Basically it's lack of muscle and shitty hormones.
>>
>>38100386
Yes. It's basic math, friend. Think of it as a week span, though, it's just easier. Whatever you out in must be lost, and whatever is out in after a loss is now even.
>>
>>38100386
Basically yes.
>>
File: image.jpg (31KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31KB, 210x240px
Please help...im right handed

I noticed a muscular imbalance in my shoulders recently. I attribute it to strict emphasis on barbell compounds and not enough work on dumbells. It could have helped me gauge the difference in arms.

I recently dropped OHP with barbell and have now started doing dumbell single arm overhead press. I was kinda shocked at the difference in arms. I always go left first to ensure im less fatigued.

>right arm 3x10 with 35lbs with energy ro spare prolly could do another 2 sets
>left arm 2x10 and like gassed, fail on 7th rep of the third set

Pleae fix me...should i proceed this route? I should make my left shoulder catch up to the right dhoulder before strengthening the right arm?
>>
>>38100311
yeah there looked like there was one
but i couldnt figure out how to release it
maybe im just a retard
>>
>>38100575
Keep doing OHP, but assistance lift with left handed dumbbell overhead presses.
>>
>>38100188
those machines usually have either a pedal on the floor that you can step on and then move the arm of the machine, or a lever higher up that your can pull
>>
So I'm doing no porn but not no fap. Do videos of cam girls dancing have the same mental effect as porn? No dildo or nudity, just suggesting dancing.
>>
>>38100683
Just fap without mental images. Fap to the feeling.
>>
>>38099324
Anyone? :(
>>
>>38099324
If you are fatiguing then don't do dips or try eating more for some more energy
>>
File: 1453601507144.jpg (171KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1453601507144.jpg
171KB, 800x600px
I'm not able to properly grab the bar during squat without having to hyper-extend like a motherfucker , can I switch to front squat or are those bad for beginner ?
Realized that I was cucking my back when I failed squat for the first time at 82 kg today
>>
Is this a good ab routine?
Sit ups
Butter fly sit ups
Crunches
High reaches
Low reaches
Bicycle kicks
Flutter kicks
Frogs
Raised frog
And leg lifts
25 each.
Given by a trainer. If not can someone recommend a good ab routine to do 3x a week.
>>
>>38100080
I know it's a short term project. I've been eating 1500 or sub and I haven't noticed any decrease in the quality of my lifts/ normal functions. I'll see about going a little more above so it's not starvation tier
>>
>>38101013
Why would you do so much fucking bullshit when you could do hanging leg raises of weighted sit ups .
I swear trainer are fucking retarded
>>
>>38101094
I swear I thought he was bullshitting
He even said do Two sets
>>
>>38101126
IT's a good ab routine If you just want to shed weight and reveal them ( because at this point it's just fucking cardio ) But it won't make your abs any stronger .
>>
>>38101013
Do 4 sets of cable crunches, 4 sets of hanging leg raises/ dip station leg raises (not sure what theyre called), and a few sets of planks. Hits your upper, lower, and internal abs.
>>
>>38101013
Get an ab wheel
>>
>>38100961
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeMehua04QA
>>
Rate my 4-day Brosplit people:
Shoulders/Legs/rest/Chest/Back

Shoulders + Tri's
Standing Press 3x6-8
Klokov Press 2x8-10
Arnold Press 2x10-12
Lateral Raises 2x10-12
Dips 3x8-10
Triceps Pushdown 2x12-15

Legs + Lower Back
Squats or Leg Press 3x6-8
Romanian Deadlift 2x8-10
Leg Press 2x10-12
Back Extensions 2x12-15
Standing Calf Raise 3x8-10
Seated Calf Raise 2x12-15

Chest + Abs
Dumbbell Bench Press 3x6-8
Dumbbell Incline Press 2x8-10
Dumbbell Flies 2x10-12
Straight Arm Dumbbell Pullover 2x12-15
Cable Crunches 3x8-10
Weighted Situps 2x12-15

Back + Bi's
Pull Ups 3x6-8
T-Bar Rows 2x8-10
Straight Arm Pulldowns 2x10-12
Facepull 2x12-15
EZ-Bar Curls 3x8-10
Dumbbell Curls 2x12-15
>>
So /fit/ i've been doing my massive friend's program for the last 6 months (PPL with 20+ sets per muscle group) and i've recently started wondering if there's any point doing this much volume or is it hurting my gains?
>>
Does anyone else listen to Eurobeat or Initial D at the gym?
>>
When someone says, "I squat 4 plates," does that mean they squat 4 on each side of the bar or 4 total.
>>
>>38101727
4 on each side
>>
>>38101727
It means 4 pl8s on either side of the bar and you need to lurk more.
>>
Is eating bulk nuts a good way to get the protein and fat I need in a day? I'm having a hard time eating enough food to gain weight.
I'm getting stronger and more toned but I'm the same fucking size and it pisses me off.
>>
I think I have fucked myself over cause of being a couch potato during puberty.now being 18 I have giant hips and am fat,possibly gyno.(will post a photo later maybe)
I presume that high estrogen because of my lifestyle then caused me to have big hips,something which is skeletal and can't be changed .right?

Am I right in thinking this?
What can be done ?
I want to lift weights and do compound lifts,but I'm afraid of doing squats cause it will make me even less aesthetic.

Is there some 5x5 compound lifts program I can follow that doesn't put such an emphasis on squats ?
>>
>>38101846
Greyskull LP or just Reg Parks without front squats
>>
I have really bad butt wink and my lower back is always sore after a squat session, is this going to lead to disc herniation? (aka snap city)
>>
>>38098392
FARMER WALK
>>
What are some good forearm excersises ?
Have bitch wrist and forarms aren't helping
>>
I feel like my left femur is jamming into my hip joint...any ideas of what could be causing it? I did have really tight hamstrings but I've been stretching them daily
>>
>>38101198
Nothing in this post makes any sense.
You shed weight by having a calorie deficit, how you achieve that isnt imortant.
If he can't already do these easily then of course his abs will get stronger.
>>
my grandmas knees (she's 61, everyone in my family had kids at 16 except me) are beyond fucked and she's tired of being wrung by shitty doctors. does ANY of that natural pain relief bullshit work in the slightest? Is there anything a regular person can do to help her? She just told me she doesn't want cortozone shots anymore because they don't provide enough pain relief to counteract the side effects
>>
>>38101466
Not enough volume for your largest muscle groups. Bench three times a week, squat two or three times a week depending on your goals
>>
>>38101895
Weed
Physical therapy
>>
>>38101541
Sounds like a waste of time. Increase the weight and aim for 15-20 high intensity working sets per week
>>
>>38101846
Your hips are mostly genetic and the shape was decided before you became a waste of space.just do gslp and get stronger
>>
File: arnold-rows.jpg (41KB, 600x330px) Image search: [Google]
arnold-rows.jpg
41KB, 600x330px
I'm doing SS and my gym doesn't have space for power cleans, I've seen that bent over rows are recommended as an alternative but I'm too weak to pull 1pl8 and going down super low or letting the bar dangle feels awkward (esp because I'm 6'1" babby lanklet)

So my question is: is there an acceptable alternative for rows on starting strength until I get strong enough to row 135? And if so, what is/are it/they?

>>38101541
I know it's hard to take advice from me after I just finished explaining how weak I am but it sounds like the program you're doing is pretty advanced which would be completely unnecessary unless you weren't making gains with a simpler program. See: https://a.desu.sh/cysuvq.gif
>>
>>38101942
One arm rows, pull ups and lat pulls will be fine. Make sure you do plenty of volume for lat pulls and try to go heavy for one arm rows
>>
Anyone have any recommendations for a good core exercise that involves shoulders?
>>
>>38101996
What sort of retarded request is this? Do shoulder presses and ab stuff seperately.

I guess technical hanging ring stuff could be good for both but what's the point?
>>
>>38097530
Whats a good dumbell routine to start out with? Currently thats all I have access to.
>>
>>38102026
Adjustable weight?
>>
>>38101910
won't the weed affect pretty much all the medication she takes? She can barely even move because there's literally no cartilage in her knees, it's bone grinding on bone. We're waiting for a surgery date but since we're Canacucks we'll have to wait until November
>>
>>38102049
depends what the other medication is
>>
>>38102021
Coming back from a torn labrum in my shoulder and lost all my gains. It's a lot harder than it sounds
>>
Asked /plg/ but got nothing:
I'm a turbomanlet (5'4" king of dwarves) and my preferred deadlift grip is with my pinky and ring fingers on the knurling, as that's right beneath my shoulders, and the other fingers on the smooth bar. This is not a problem at the moment as I'm at lmao3pl8, but I can see it becoming an issue as the weight goes up and my grip becomes a limiting factor.
Do I make my grip wider to suit the knurling even though it feels weaker at the moment?
>>
How many grams of fat should I eat a day? Currently I'm at 60g, I had 4 eggs , and I put olive oil and coconut oil into a smoothie. I don't want to be low test.

Should I do higher fats on non lifting days and higher carbs on lifting days perhaps?

Also is 1g protein per pound a meme?
>>
so my lean mass is 65kg, that's 143 lbs which means i need 143g of protein everyday
i can easily get 70 from food, so I'm planning on getting 35g of protein from powder protein once before gym and after gym

is this correct or did I fuck up something?
>>
>>38102279
This is silly.
"Did I do math right"

Come on now
>>
>>38102307
man I just want some peace of mind, I don't want to fuck up
>>
>>38102321
you're fine dude
>>
>>38102279
You can easily get more from food, unless you're on a big cut or anything.
Substitute some of your rice/pasta/grains for beans ma man.
>>
File: goldnutrition_total-whey-1000g_1.png (648KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
goldnutrition_total-whey-1000g_1.png
648KB, 1000x1000px
is this brand any good?its the only one i can get
>>
Is there anything wrong with Muscle Milk protein powder? It's actually pretty cheap where I am.
>>
>>38102368
In the past they've tested positive for unacceptable levels of heavy metals. Dunno if they've changed or if it even really matters
>>
>>38102348
how much g protein is in 100g powder?
how expensive is 1kg powder? and there is a too cheap because of quality
>>
Recently when I've tried to do curls I've felt a sharp pain on the outside of my forearm (the same side as my pinky) 'when I get the bar up to about my chest and it's making it pretty much impossible for me to actually do the lift, and the pain lingers for some time afterwards. I don't know what's causing since since I didn't have this problem before, my only guesses are either my form is off or something about flexibility since I've started doing accessories for my forearms but haven't really done any mobility stuff with them.
>>
>>38102441
there's 71g per 100gpowder
and 1kg was 32 euros, 2kg is 52euros
I guess even if this brand is bad i don't really have a choice
>>
>>38102454
Tendonitis. I had the same problem. It's forearm splints basically.

Use an easy curl bar for a few week or do hammer curls instead.
>>
>>38102279
Space it out a bit more so you're getting between 20-50g every 3 hours
>>
>>38102484
I am doing hammer curls, but I was under the impression those are more for forearms and I was doing them for grip strength. Maybe doing both is the reason?

I'll try the easy curl bar, but honestly I've always found them more annoying to use than straight bats.
>>
Will SARMS get me bigger faster?
>>
If I lift fasted should I drink whey as a intra workout shake rather than post-workout to get BCAAs in me? Or would buying some BCAAs to have alongside pre be worth it?
>>
Is me not being able to BW squat and overhead squat with no weight without leaning forward a lot and falling the reason my squat is shit?
>>
I'm fat and want to get /fit/.

According to the sticky, I need to eat 2433 calories a day (2933-500) to lose fat eventually, not factoring in exercise. Is there any problem for me to ingest LESS than that amount of calories? Will it help my gains or fuck me over?

Also: if I can manage to go to the gym more than thrice a week, let's say 5-7 days/week, will that also help me out more assuming I stick with it religiously, or will that gimp me too?
>>
>>38098125
>>38098188
I'm going as heavy as I can with the bicep and tricep workouts, but I never feel tired or feel like I got a good workout. If I increase the weight I use, my wrists hurt a lot . Any suggestions? I'm this poster >>38098005
>>
File: 1469720906612.png (7KB, 377x330px) Image search: [Google]
1469720906612.png
7KB, 377x330px
Background info: I've been cutting since march 2015 and I lost 65 pounds and am down to 165 @ 6'. I've gotten pretty lean but turns out I didn't have much muscle under all the fat, so I'm pretty much otter mode. I'd like to start a lean bulk early, and as of this morning I'm bulking at 3100 cals as calculated with scoobs calculator. My question is should I eat 3100 cals on my off days as well or just my tdee? Don't want to get fat as I've spend so much time and effort losing fat.
>>
>>38102701
Well if you can't go heavier then your best bet is probably to do biceps on the end of back day and triceps on end of chest day since theyre already tired by then
>>
>>38102701
Do more sets
>>
>>38102697
Can someone please help me out here T_T
>>
Is the only way to reduce bodyfat percentage while maintaining weight to cut then bulk? If I understand the sticky, it seems like you can't lose fat and build muscle at the same time.
>>
>>38102895
You can maintain body fat and build muscle as the same time, you're bf% will drop as you do this
>>
>>38102705
you also need to eat on your days off
and aim for 0.5kg gain per week, not 1kg
>>
The sticky recommends deadlifts and squats and the like for beginners, for which you need a barbell. For the moment all I've got is a pair of adjustable dumbells. Is there any exercises I can do with the dumbells that are comparable to the barbell exercises?
>>
>>38102697
less is more yo
I mean unless you're talking about 3 lifting days and 2-3 cardio days done in between.

It's probably better to find an online TDEE calculator that factors in your physical activity level. It's a lot more accurate if you can get a relatively good ballpark of your body fat percentage, too.

Lastly (unless you got more questions which is cool) don't overthink it bro. If you can eat below maintenance, you're already doing enough to lose weight. Exercise on top: fantastic. But don't get too caught up in the details. 3 non-consecutive days of a linear progression weight lifting program, cardio in between those days for 30 minutes, and you're golden buddy,
>>
If I'm 6'1, 202 lbs and 16% bf (I'm fat i know), what weight would I have to cut down to in order to be 8% body fat?
>>
>>38102948
Oh I'd also recommend against eating too far below maintenance calories. I know you probably really want to lose fat quick, but it's dangerous and unhealthy to lose weight too quick. You do, after all, need to eat enough so your body can function properly. Plus lose skin from losing fat too quickly isn't the most enjoyable thing to deal with.
>>
>>38102948
>>38102971

1. With a sedentary level of activity, apparently the rate is 2900 calories. 5'11", 260 pounds male, 21 years old with no form of exercise at all as of yet. Body fat percentage is probably past 30%, maybe 34 or some shit.

2. How much below maintenance is too much? I think I can live fine with 1500 calories a day.

3. Is there a problem with staying longer at the gym on certain days to do cardio along with weight-lifting? Or even doing weights 3 times a day (with cardio for 30 mins) PLUS cardio for the same time on different days too?

4. ALSO: the sticky recommends that for losing fat, I should have 1.5g of protein for every pound I weigh. That's like... 390g of protein a day. Is that an absolute must for optimal gains? It seems like a lot. I can surely manage but... Any drawbacks?

Thank you so much for helping out this newfag
>>
what's the best place to buy whey protein, and what brand would you recommend?

I care more about protein grams/£ than taste, as long as it's not horrible I'm gucci, just want to know what's best so I don't get ripped off.
>>
>>38103125
2) 1500 is super fucking low dude I highly recommend NOT doing that. MAYBE 2000, but you'll honestly be fine with 2300, especially starting out. Again I know you really want to get started on this, but by now anything you're doing is already on your way toward your goal. Start with 2300 and see how that works out. If you can go down to 2000 after sticking with that for awhile (at least a month I'd say) then power to you. But I think you'll find it pretty difficult to not feel shitty eating as far below TDEE as you want to initially. What's your diet like?

3) Baby steps boyo. Can you do all that? Probably. Should you? More probably not. If you're just getting into exercising and shit, no matter how motivated you are right this second, you're gonna find it super fucking hard to discipline yourself to be that dedicated CONSISTENTLY. Motivation is dope and all my dude, but what you need it DISCIPLINE. First discipline yourself to just going to the gym to lift 3 days a week (Starting Strength, Stronglifts, GSLP are all tried, tested, and approved), with some cardio for the in between days. Just one hour a day, if that. For me it was closer to 40 minutes. Sounds doable because it is, but you need to DISCIPLINE yourself first boyo.

4) Haven't read the sticky in a long time, but I'm 90% sure it says 1 g per pound. That should be more doable, and many will say even less than that is totally fine. I've seen the numbers 0.8-0.9 g per pound of bodyweight is sufficient, too. Some say 1 g/ LEAN body mass pounds (which for you is around 170? ish). Again, baby steps. If you can't quite get to 1 g/lb, that's fine. But try your best to get there to begin with.

I believe in you, you fat fuck. Given the time, dedication, and discipline, you're gonna make it.
>>
Yo is there a difference between 5x5 and 3x8 for hypertrophy? If volume is key for hypertrophy wouldn't 5x5 always be superior to 3x8 because you can lift heavier doing 5x5?
>>
File: photo.jpg (20KB, 416x416px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
20KB, 416x416px
Shit I should've looked for this thread.

My posture is fucked. I'm basically a hunchback.

Wat do? Do I need yoga or something? Any advice appreciated.
>>
File: 1411340913393.jpg (500KB, 1536x2173px) Image search: [Google]
1411340913393.jpg
500KB, 1536x2173px
>>38103571
Plank all day every day
>>
>>38103705
Fuuuuuck

thx
>>
Fatso here. Can I expect to lose a cup size in my bra if I continue to lose weight?
>>
>>38103705
Fucking awesome. Thanks bud
>>
>>38103205
myprotein if you're in the UK or Europe
>>
File: die.jpg (19KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
die.jpg
19KB, 400x300px
>>38097530
Will pause squats help my squat and what weight/reps/sets do I do them at?
>>
>>38103705
anything similar for forward head posture?
>>
>>38102943
go on reddit fitness and pick out a dumbell routine there
>>
File: 1469472135226.png (6KB, 415x416px) Image search: [Google]
1469472135226.png
6KB, 415x416px
I have bought a jar of simpkins candies recently. The label on the jar says ''Honey and hemp'' flavor.
Is it like real hemp (pot?) and if it is in the candy, then will it get me high?
Also, how does smoking pot influence getting gains?
>>
File: 7kYc7X0.jpg (135KB, 960x718px) Image search: [Google]
7kYc7X0.jpg
135KB, 960x718px
Odd jobs for a /fit/izen.
So far I can think of helping people move, and offering training sessions (even though I'm completely dyel so I wouldn't do this.)
I need some odd jobs to make a little side dosh.
>>
>>38104041
Hemp flavored stuff is real, but will not get you high
Pot has a negative effect on gains because it kills your motivation to do anything besides be a fucking degenerate
>>
>>38103221
2) Yeah buy my diet right now is mostly a slow-carb diet. e.g. or 6 days I eat nothing but lean meat, chicken, beef, veggies, and beans and drink water. Eggs for breakfast too. Pretty easy to not hit 2000 calories.

3) I just lost my job so technically yes I can do all that. Plus I use baby weights at the gym (more reps, less weight, to "tone muscle") and yeah I'll start smaller and then try to commit more. You're right about having to discipline myself, it's been too long since I've worked out.
But uhhh...
>Strength
>Stronglifts
>GSLP
>what the fuck are those, explain this pls?

4) Oh so it's for LEAN body mass? wtf i'm pretty sure it doesn't say, but yeah protein is easy. I can just get whey powder and bam easy

I love you you beautiful stranger
>>
my knee is sore for a day or so after I run, should I
A) Take a few days of doing 0 exercise ?
B) Fuck it and just run again in pain?
C) Just walk instead?
>>
What are the drawbacks of bodyweight exercise and why does /fit/ seem to dislike it?
>>
>>38104259
r/beermoney
Security

>>38104430
Be careful with running injuries. If it's not required for your sport, I'd suggest pushing a sled, riding a bike, or rowing instead.
>>
>>38104504
It's not really a running "injury" I'm just unfit as fuck :(
>>
>>38104500
In order to improve, you must push your bodies limits, and continually do harder work. With bodyweight, it's doable, by going faster/longer/more reps. But it's a hell of a lot easier just to add a plate and do what you did last week.
>>
Been going to the gym for about a month now.

Learnt to do deadlifts, chest press and shoulder press (with dumb bells), squats, lunges.

I get one more session with a PT free. So what do I need to ask to be taught?

I personally feel that most of the stuff I've been doing is legs, I want more upper body stuff.
>>
>>38104500
If I understand it right, bodyweight stuff is fine if you're still weak as shit and/or fat as fuck (i.e. if you're just starting out) but lifting is more efficient and precise for basically any goal (losing fat, gaining muscle, toning, etc.). After you get strong enough, your own bodyweight is insufficient to get significant strength/muscle gains, so the equivalent of doing (for example) a billion reps of pushups could be handled much more quickly with a bench.

tl;dr lifting has better ROI and it's way harder to plateu
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-29-18-21-37.png (71KB, 480x854px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-29-18-21-37.png
71KB, 480x854px
Alright guys yesterday I learned from some helpful anons that 17-30 grams of fat is incredibly bad for you.

Is this a good macro spread? I overdid fats a bit today to make up for them being so low yesterday. I weight 181ish
>>
>>38104540
He's saying rather than risk a running injury, do one of those other exercises for cardio because there's less risk. Also it could still be an injury, so be careful.
>>
At what weight is it acceptable to wear a lifting belt? Does it even help? Every person that ever posts this question gets trolled with "lmao6pl8" and I'm looking for actual answers here. I'm stalling a lot and almost got 2pl8 down (SL 5x5). Will a belt help me get there? Will I look like a faggot for wearing one?
>>
>>38104673
When you start to get nervous with the weight you're doing. If you feel uncomfortable trying a 3 plate deadlift then wear a belt so you have the confidence to attempt the lift properly Fuck everyone else
>>
>>38104625
>>38104504
ok thank you for your time.
>>
>>38104673
SL site claims it's way too early for a belt before like 120kg
>>
I want to try GSLP but i'm not secure enough to progress bench press with .5kg plates. In my normie ass gym no one progresses with plates less than 5kg, already get looks for picking up 1.25kg plates like it's a fucking sin.

I completely agree with GSLP theory of extending the progress by using microplates but i really don't want to get more looks than i already get in my shitty gym with normies swinging dumbells all day and using machines at random.
>>
I'm 185cm~ and 80kg and I'm going to gym currently
What should I eat ?
>>
>>38104711
They're full of shit. Wear one as soon as you know how to perform a valsalva under load.

>>38104754
decide what you care about more and act accordingly
>>
>>38104902
Read the fucking sticky
>>
File: hamlet.jpg (52KB, 640x290px) Image search: [Google]
hamlet.jpg
52KB, 640x290px
How come I see no love for pork or ham on this board?

Pork has a ton of natural creatine so I would think people here would love it.

Is there a reason nobody here gives ham/pork any love? I wanna switch my daily lunchtime PBJ to a Ham N Chee but y'all got me paranoid

>pic semi related, it's hamlet
>>
Looking to up my flexibility and add bodyweight exercises to my normal routine as a sort of "use yourself as a measuring stick" idea.
My ankle and hamstring flexibility is affecting squat form and deadlift form.
I started yoga and foam rolling every day as well as utilizing the infograph on starbodyweight dot com.
It doesn't list or I don't see a lot of info on foam rolling, can anyone point me in the direction of more info?
>>
i read several scientific articles saying that the difference in hypetrophy between low reps(5ish) and high reps(8-12) is basically non-existant if you control the volume but you get much greater strength gains for the lower reps group. So why would natty gym goers do 8-12 reps instead of 5? Just curious
>>
>>38105047
Just better alternatives out there. Nothing wrong with pork.
>>
>>38105047
I think a lot of people avoid pork just because it tends to have more fat on it, and thus extra calories for the nutrients you get. Nothing wrong with it. I love a good ham and cheese sammie with a fried egg on it. Keeps me full for a stupid long time, it helps with macros, and it's relatively lean depending on what bread you use.
>>
File: 2doge3me.gif (1MB, 950x950px) Image search: [Google]
2doge3me.gif
1MB, 950x950px
>>38105080

so what about a PBJ vs. Ham N Chee? Does ham have a lot of fat in it?
>>
>>38105116
Depends. You talking deli ham, or Christmas ham that's sliced?
>>
>>38105047
We're all secretly Jews here. Don't tell /pol/.
>>
>>38105135
Jews can eat pork you dingus, you're thinking of muzzies
>>
>>38105129

deli ham. I usually go with the boars head low sodium
>>
File: bruce you are drunk.jpg (71KB, 500x339px) Image search: [Google]
bruce you are drunk.jpg
71KB, 500x339px
>>38105144

neither can.
>>
>>38105144
Neither are allowed to eat pork m8.
>>
>>38104280
SOME people say lean body mass

me personally I use 1 g per pound of bodyweight--lean or otherwise.

Those are all barbell-based strength programs. At this point I'd recommend looking into them yourself and picking one you'd like. You're gonna run into the temptation to modify them or switch between them; better to just pick one now and STICK WITH IT. I'd personally say go for Stronglifts--they have a website and I believe an app. But Starting Strength is a huge fucking meme for a reason: it works. GSLP (Greyskull LP) also has been spoken highly of, though most people do some kind of derivative that gets rid of the neck exercise that's in it, whatever it's called. There's Phrak's GSLP, and I think there's a "/fit/" version, but I've only really heard a substantial amount about Phrak's.

Again, it's more important you just pick one and stick with it.

And lurk more, but don't sweat the details too much. You'll pick up stuff here and there past all the memery and bullshit. Google things, but again keep in mind that it's easy to get bogged down by the minute technical details when in reality, the difference in paying attention to those details is more or less moot (RIP) at this stage.

Kill em buddy, you got it
>>
>>38105151
Deli ham is quite lean. 3-4 slices of honey ham is usually less than 100kcal and under 6g fat, 4g carbs, but gives around 8-10g protein.
>>
>>38105066
Less rest needed to recover from a not as heavy set, less sets, shorter workouts. Other than thqt theres no benefit except that some exercises are shitty for heavy work
>>
File: husky.jpg (81KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
husky.jpg
81KB, 540x960px
Are there any good websites that have /fit/ recipes? I have no creativity when it comes to thinking up good tasting healthy meals and need somebody else to do it for me.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (45KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
45KB, 1280x720px
>>38104600
Bumping this for an answer
>>
File: 1469755371339.jpg (65KB, 640x414px) Image search: [Google]
1469755371339.jpg
65KB, 640x414px
>>38105242
Can't outright spoonfeed you, bro, but cooking isn't rocket science.
You're safe to stay in the realm of carb+protein+veggie
For instance noodles + chicken + peppers & broccoli then just season to your taste with lemon pepper, garlic, chili P, tri pepper blend (red,black,and white pepper for dat dere mild spicy flavuh), or flatbread+steak+sweet potato&celery.
For protein shakes you got milk+protein powder (banana)+greek yogurt+natty PB+ banarnar, shit tastes gooooood.
Look up crockpot oatmeal if you got a crockpot and love warm breakfast.
>>
>>38104600
Pullups or chin ups. Can't go wrong with either. Both are good for biceps & lats and it's what I see people fucking up the most often.
>>
File: tumblr_mrchtq3Nja1qzfpk2o1_500.jpg (137KB, 500x657px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mrchtq3Nja1qzfpk2o1_500.jpg
137KB, 500x657px
Fuck /fit/, I’ve had to give up benching for the past month because it makes my wrists hurt so much. I’ve tried changing my grip and squeezing tighter on the bar, but nothing’s working. Is there anything I can do?

And if I can’t bench anymore, what exercises can I do to get DAT CHEST?
>>
Alright brehs, bleach asshole yes or no? No, I'm not gay, just wondering if I should do it for higene.
>>
I'm currently doing SS, and I was wondering if OHP will work my rear delts or am I just going to have to add some exercises so they don't become under developed
>>
>>38105339
Use a bar that has a neutral grip, proceed.
>>
>>38105337
I was thinking what they could teach me with the equipment. I see people talking about ohp(?). I definitely want to learn bench press, more things I can do with the dumb bells. And deadlift with the bar, instead of a kettle bell.
>>
>>38105399
>kettlebell deadlifts
Oh god, anon.
Burn your free session. Abort, I repeat, abort.
>>
>>38105455
It's a start. Considering I've only been going a month. But I will want to move to the bar at my last one. I've moved up from like 12kg, managing 24kg last time out. So i think I can feasibly do the bar this time.
>>
>>38105455
>>38105399
Sorry for being vague.
Learn literally 3 lifts.
Actual deadlifts
Preferably high bar squats
And bench press.
I really wouldn't bother with this personal trainer if they've been getting you to run before you walk before you even crawl. Research good form, don't sweat the weight because that shit will come with time. Form. Form. Form, get a pen, write it down, form.
>>
Is it better to have a day specifically for bis and tris, or just include bicep exercises during back workouts and triceps in chest or shoulders?
>>
>>38105487
Thanks. I'll take a look. What about more upper body strength stuff?

All I feel I do is leg/glutes stuff.
>>
>>38105492
It depends on how much time you like spending in the gym. If you like working out your arms then have a fkn arms day, the other way is prolly more effective tho
>>
My lifts are shit /fit/
>45lbs ohp
>90-95lbs deadlift
>80lbs squat
>60lbs bench
>10 max chinups
>80lbs bent over (but I can't go full parallel without rounding)
You get the idea, I'm just starting, super skelly but seriously I'm weak as fuck. I could lift more but my form gets devastated if I go higher in either. Am I really this weak or if my form were better would I be able to lift more?

Also what were you guy starting at?
>>
File: images.jpg (3KB, 115x115px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
3KB, 115x115px
>5'4
>600lbs

where do i start anons?
>>
>>38105606
10 chinups isn't that bad, do you weigh like 99lbs or something tho?
>>
>>38105606
what the fuck how did you manage to have 10 chinups

are they assisted or?
>>
File: 1459077355981.jpg (27KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1459077355981.jpg
27KB, 640x360px
What it does it take to not feel left alone and dismissed in this world lads?
>>
>>38105626
Walk 30 min daily
>>
>>38105638
136-139, I'm trying to bulk as hard as I can. I'm 24. 5'10

>>38105645
>>38105638
Not assisted, I started at around 5 then 2 then barely 1.

Now I'm at 10 then 5 then 1.

Undergrip, bars is tall enough that I have to stretch to reach it, my feet nearly reach bottom after each rep but I've never recorded myself so I'm not 100% sure. It's literally the only thing I feel I've improved on. I've only got to 10 once, usually I get to 7 or 8 max for the first set.
>>
why should i squat if i dont give a shit about my legs
>>
>>38105685
thats not bad man, I weigh a bit more than you but all my lifts are way higher and I can usually only get 12-16 chins.
>>
>>38105697

Your ass and core.
>>
>>38105708
The a fore mentioned weights are not bad?
I feel like I should be way stronger for my age. I work in construction and more often than not I can lift all the bundles of pipe and stupid awkward heavy shit to carry and people are usually surprised I can. Some people who I feel are stronger than me sometimes struggle, or at least appear to, as much as me picking shit up.

I'm also terrified of having bad form so I've been lifting light past few weeks, my next question is how do you know when you have a good form? Especially if there is no mirror to check as you go?
>>
>>38105752
Lift heavier, you definitely can lift more weight lol.

If you can bang out 10 chins, all your lifts are way too low.

I get the feeling you didn't do a sport or lift when you were younger so you have no idea what you're doing.

Don't worry about it, just increase the weights every time you go in by 5 or 10lbs until you can't increase it anymore then work with that,
>>
>>38105766
> just increase the weights every time you go in by 5 or 10lbs until you can't increase it anymore then work with that,
Define not being able to do it? Isn't that when form breaks?
Would you recommend a trainer to learn form properly? I feel like I can't trust people who are paid in the fitness industry?
>>
Lifted for the first time in a while today, did chest shoulders and tri's. Now my elbow joints are all achey when I bend them or extend, should I work out tomorrow or give it a rest?

Dunno if I coulda done some dammage going to hard too fast
>>
>>38105796
Stop worrying about form and injuries so much. You can either lift it, or you can't. Form doesn't break down unless you can't lift it. Just do what you do, but heavier, if its too heavy to do it, do it lighter.

By heavy enough I mean doing your 5x5 or 3x12 or whatever should be hard, strenuous.
>>
>>38105799
Am skeleton btw
>>
can someone post a picture on what I need to look like in order to not be considered a skeleton?
excluding fat people of course
>>
>>38105821
Okay more questions,

Is there any specific difference between, 5x5, 3x5, 3x8 or 3x12?
I've been using three progressing warm up sets then 3x5 for most things.

Also, based on an Alan Thrall video I saw about deadlifts, he suggests learning a Romanian Deadlift first, which after trying it I actually really like them, so question is, can I swap a regular DL for RDL? Can I both in one day or just focus on DL?
>>
>>38105853
Pretty sure under the scientific definition you just need skin.
>>
>>38105830
rest, go slow. If you've never done sport or worked out before you should take your time because your shit is weak, tendons, bones, muscles, cardio system, everything. Your body isn't conditioned and not able to recover quickly.
>>
Best tasting low-cal protein powder?
I'm not a big breakfast guy so I like to just have a shake when on a cut.
>>
>Fat as fatass
>Have been lifting with Dad for 2 months
>Starting to like it
>Dad bailed on me tonight
>Still want to go lift, first time alone

It's leg day. Need ideas for leg exercises. Doing squats and calf raises, but no clue what else.

P-please help me, /fit/.
>>
>>38105983
Squats. Box steps. Calf raises. You'll be fine man. Don't forget to stretch afterwards.
>>
>>38097911
Buy a bike and cycle to the gym.

There is no way you can get the same quality of workout at home as you would in a decent gym without spending 20 years' worth of membership fees on equipment.
>>
I'm not super concerned about aesthetics, I care more about the numbers on my compounds. But I also don't want to go fat powerlifter mode. Can I get to husbando mode with strength routines or do I need to focus more on bodybuilding with a bit of extra body fat? Currently 200lbs at 6', kind of want to hit 220 or so. No idea what my bf% is.
>>
What exactly is the caffeine/ephedrine stack for? Just energy while cutting?
>>
File: Untitled (4).png (79KB, 570x509px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled (4).png
79KB, 570x509px
>>38097530
What is 1/2/3/4 ? what is deload?
>>
>>38106114
Amount of 45lb plates lifted on press/bench/squat/deadlift
>>
>>38106114
Deload is purposefully lifting less than you can in order to not produce enough stressor to cause adaptation but also maintain strength/muscle memory blah blah. Basically an easy session with less weight than usual.
>>
>>38106129
do you have to deload? Is it a MUST or is it just an optional recommendation?
How do you know when its time to deload?
>>
>>38102772
But then it takes me forever to finish a workout, which is what i am trying to fix. Any tips?
>>
>>38106190
Most people deload when they can't lift the weight that their routine is asking for. Or if they aren't on a routine some people just deload if they're feeling out of gas or particularly worn out. It's not a MUST per say but eventually it'll happen to most everyone.
>>
>>38106206
Not who you were talking to but time your rests. I cut my workout down from 1 hour 15 mins to 45 mins because it turns out I was resting stupid long.
>>
What can I incorporate to get bigger forearms?

Will using fat gripz or similar on all my free weight exercises do anything?
>>
This is probably a common thing but I am afraid of going to the gym.

How did your first day go?
>>
What stretches do you guys do?

I've done some research and it seems like there's a hundred you could do daily, I don't have this time
>>
>>38106227
each rest is less than a minute long
>>
>>38099209
I do bulgarians as an acessory to backsquats, as they hit glutes way more, so i dont think they could replace them, but the glute work is goat. If u use them as a replacement, keep the elevated foot on your toes, that way you can push with your quads and engage them quite well
>>
For like 2 weeks now, every time I do heavy barbell curls I get pain in my forearms. What is happening to me /fit/?
>>
Sometimes I just flex muscles while doing other things. Will this have any added effect on gains?
>>
>>38106588
maximum effect
>>
does it make a big difference if i work out two days a week instead of three? i want to follow this plan: http://newbie-fitness.blogspot.com/2007/01/stripped-5x5.html but it says i really should do it three times a week. i was thinking about doing it twice a week for a month just to get the hang of it

how long should it take me to do stuff with good form?

if i'm in it really only for health reasons am i better off doing cardio? i just don't want to have health issues because i don't do any exercise
>>
>>38106640
Dude you're like me, I don't care too much about being aesthetic, life consuming kind of thing. I just want a decent diet and some exercise to top it off.

I'm on the same program, form took me 2 months to learn but you might be faster. I was unemployed when I started so I had all kinds of time to learn I'm just slow at learning physical things.

I was also doing cardio 2 times a week but that's just because I enjoy running.

Based on my limited experience, I would say do three days because that's what it calls for, try it for a month. It takes me door to door roughly 2 hours (about 1 hour 15-30min of exercise) including shower. So really it's 6 hours a week generally.

You might even like the post workout high
>>
File: x6ntyn4.png (860KB, 610x610px) Image search: [Google]
x6ntyn4.png
860KB, 610x610px
>>38097530
what should i work on?

statziez:
OHP: 120lb
bench: 200
ATG: 245
shit sqwat: 315
ded: 405

this summer i focused moar on bench and ded. i just hit those 1rpm. and im 165lb at the moment
>>
i'm going to start lifting but don't have any intentions of changing my diet. i enjoy eating way too much. i don't eat a shitload but i should eat a bit less if i wanted to maintain or lose my weigh. how is this going to affect my lifting?
>>38106681
thanks. yeah i should go for three times a week. it's a public gym and they have an usage schedule, i fucked up my subscription and they gave me two days. but i should try to change it.. i'm on school vacations and i have some free time

how has it worked out for you? were you fat to begin with? does that program still work for you? how did you learn to do the exercises properly? watching videos?
>>
>>38106800
Depends on what you're eating. If you eat nothing but carbs and fats, you're going to get angry at how slow you'll progress. Not to mention, if you're a fatty, the negative health affects associated with that will also impact your lifting, such as your endurance, energy, and blood flow. Exercise is nothing without a proper diet behind it. I strongly advise you to take the leap into healthy eating and dieting, you won't regret it
>>
>>38106800
>>38106681
also how much are you eating now? a lot more than before?
>>
>>38106800
It's okay, I feel like progress is slow, diet was the hardest part for me. I'm a super skelly. I'm still using it, I've only been seriously using it for 2 months, first 2 was a lot of learning.

I watched videos, lurked /fit/, stressed over the confusion and arguments others make for doing it right.

I use Alan Thrall mostly now, obviously use other sources but he breaks it down really nicely and gives a good starting oversight
>>
>>38106825
i don't think my diet is that bad. i don't regularly drink soda or pig out on snacks. i just eat a lot. if i'm working or studying i might go to the bakery and get a sandwich or something. if i stay up late i get stuff from the fridge.. i make a sandwich or eat some cookies or something
>>
>>38106934
What is your weight, height, age?
>>
>>38097530
How would someone develop differently if you did OHP as your heavy compound with flyes and chest accessory work as opposed to bar bench as heavy compound with shoulder accessory work?
>>
>>38106967
190lb, 5'7", 25
>>
>>38106992
Yeah, your BMI is putting at nearly obese at 29.8%. Whether or not you care about 'thetics, you need to lose weight to gain the most, otherwise you're going to still suffer from obesity-related health effects.
>>
What size butt plug do I need for maximum gains?
>>
>>38105672
>>38105626
stupid advice
>>
On a cut with ECA cuz I'm a fat fuck of a dude. Lost some 15-20 pounds in ~2 months. I don't lift, just cardio.

I've cried twice in the past week, I think the last time I cried before this was 4 years ago when my last GF that I actually liked broke up with me. Has anything like this happened to anyone else? Is this some weird hormonal thing? Will lifting make me not cry?
>>
File: 1437884167704.jpg (23KB, 480x316px) Image search: [Google]
1437884167704.jpg
23KB, 480x316px
How much better is it to do, say, one cardio session for 60 minutes than to do two sessions of 30 minutes?

Am I fucking up by dividing my total cardio into different sessions? And if so, how hard am I fucking up?
>>
File: 1469251974133.jpg (254KB, 905x881px) Image search: [Google]
1469251974133.jpg
254KB, 905x881px
Am I overtraining? My squats are stalling and I've already reloaded once, about to reload again if I fail on Monday.

Monday, Wednesday, Friday - SL5x5
Off days- 1hr cardio medium to high intensity

Squat - 180
Bench - 145
Deadlift - 245
OHP - 100
Row - 125
>>
>>38107870
Yo im on an EC stack so maybe you can help me out, what was your average calorie deficit at? I'm somehow at 2k deficit because no appetite
>>
>>38107986
I'm not really counting calories, just eating when hungry and making sure I get at least 150g protein. Read up on PSMF.
>>
>>38108009
did you stick to a strict regimen or did you just eat whenever to get those 150g?
>>
>>38108049
I always choose leaner meats. Mostly chicken breasts. But I've thrown in hamburger/steak. Also Greek yogurt and scoops. As for 'strict' I did that for a week, but couldn't be ass'd to calorie count that much.
>>
>>38108087
so just chicken, lean hamburger and steak on a blue moon and Greek yogurts
>>
>>38108108
Also low carb veggies like carrots and green shit to control hunger. With 8x8oz water daily.

Also multivitamin and fish oil pills are also recommended.

Seriously, do your own research, don't blindly follow some anonymous poster.
>>
>>38108140
I'm already looking into this shit, just good to hear some stuff from someone who's already done it
>>
I'm not really a fan of big tits, but I do like thighs and ass. Is this normal?
>>
>>38097530
After having a desk job for several months now I would love to know you guys' favorite pre squat stretches for fixing butt wink and other common issues.

I'd really appreciate it.
>>
>>38108158
>I have preferences. Is this normal?
Yes you autist
>>
File: photo_2016-07-24_22-39-04.jpg (130KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
photo_2016-07-24_22-39-04.jpg
130KB, 1280x720px
Is it OK to train a beginner workout 4 times a week (Mo/Tu/Th/Fr)? Specifically a Greyskull LP variant:

**Monday/Thursday**

3x5 squats
3x8 bench press
3x8 barbell rows

**Tuesday/Friday**

3x5 deadlifts
3x8 OHP
3x8 chinups

I go swimming on Wednesday and would like to train the rest of the week days for better rythm. I do cardio on those days anyways so I want to simply combine lifting with cardio. I'm in no danger of overtraining, right?
>>
>>38107910
anybody?
>>
>>38108435
no, just do it the way it says in the sticky, 3 times a week is plenty

there's a reason this shit has stayed the same for decades - because rippletits and folks have trained and trained with more people than you will ever meet in your life

follow the beginner routine for an average of 4-6 months when gains finally stop and then change around

read the sticky again and good luck
>>
>>38107910
If your goal is weight loss then you're not fucking up - don't stress it too much, it's mostly about nutrition anyways

if you wanna get shredded fast then I'd recommend doing HIIT at least 3-4 times a week for around 25 min a pop

if your goal is to train cardiovascular endurance then I'd probably keep it all in one piece
>>
What's a good protein powder to mix into oats? My Milk Chocolate one is not well suited.
>>
If I take 3.5g of creatine only on days I work out (3 times a week) will I still benefit from it? Or do I really need to take 2 scoops of it (7g) every day for it to have an effect?

I don't want to spend $20 a week on creatine
>>
File: pGNC1-12974158dt.jpg (95KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
pGNC1-12974158dt.jpg
95KB, 500x500px
>>38108967
I bought this stuff (pic) with the intent of just having 1 scoop post workout
>>
Okay so for the last week I was eating ~3k kcal which is 700kcal more than my TDEE (i am skelly) and I lost 2lbs, how the fuck?
>>
How many exercises/lifts do you guys usually do on any given day?

I usually get fatigued and finish after 4-5 with 5x5 or 3x8 but not sure if thats too little.
>>
>>38098422
stfu retard
Thread posts: 331
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.