[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

who /brain health/ here?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 29755tn.jpg (18KB, 310x380px) Image search: [Google]
29755tn.jpg
18KB, 310x380px
Who else here gets an MRI every three months to make sure they aren't going to die of brain cancer?

Do you guys not realize that Glioblastoma can literally kill you within six months of diagnosis out of fucking nowhere?
>>
>>38095100
MRI scans are pretty expensive to get done.
>>
>>38095100
http://theconversation.com/ending-over-diagnosis-how-to-help-without-harming-9633
>>
>>38095100
I hope you realize that only like 12,000 people in the USA get this every year out of 350,000,000 people or 0.00003571428%. These people are ones who have family history of cancer as well as a lot of radiation exposure, like 8 head CT scans in a few weeks or nuclear workers that got into accidents or something. You don't just get this shit for no reason.
>>
File: Untitled.png (96KB, 310x380px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
96KB, 310x380px
feels bad man
>>
>>38095244
I personally know 4 people who have had brain tumors removed.
Two of them had it come back and are now gone.
All of them got it in their 20's.
I don't work in a medical field.

This is something I've been thinking about since I was 10.

I've resolved that I'll go do a bunch of crazy shit if I get diagnosed.
Drugs, whores, travel, and maybe an impressive suicide.
>>
>>38095978

What you're describing is something -- in the context of the entire human population -- has less than a 1% chance to occur.

Specifically, getting ANY cancer in your 20s has less than 1% chance of occuring.

Yet you've known 4 people to experience it.

Amazing.

Sort of like how every dick thread on /fit/ features exclusively men with 7 inch penises, despite statistically that being nearly impossible.
>>
>>38095978
Is your hometown made out of asbestos by any chance?
>>
>Woke up to a throbbing pain in a area at the top of my head
>Sometimes get random pangs of pain in my head
It's probably just cause I don't drink water that much of take vitamins
>>
>>38095100
You know glioblastoma multiforme grows like a web through your brain? Even if they scan it early they can't cut it out. You'll still have to get chemo and radiation.

Happened to my dad. He was fine then one day he passed out. Took him to hospital and found he had glioblastoma multiforme. Died 2 hears later
>>
i don't care enough to worry like that.

i got a lump in my sack too that i might get looked at eventually.
>>
>>38096088
2 hears later? Like, did he hear 2 sounds and then just fall over and die or?
>>
>>38096116
Autocorrected from years funnyman
>>
>>38096074
Those are icepick headaches
>>
>>38096132
He was probably ashamed that he raised a tripfag
>>
>>38096116
Top zozzle
>>
>Tfw i lost my mom 3 days ago from this
>Tfw it metastasized all over her body too
>>
>>38095100
Last time I get checked was when I fainted from low blood pressure. Hit my head on concrete. Woke up in the hospital and got in the machine. Told me I had a concussion. Hypothalamus got damaged now I sweat excessively and have panic attacks. Not sure if the symptoms are correlated or not. Doctor just gives me anti-anxiety medication, preferably xanax.
>>
Now you guys are freaking me out. I had a CT scan a year ago. Probably increased my risk. Fuck. I should have refused it :(
>>
>>38095244
MRIs don't use radiation. They're pretty safe overall, although there are some reports of the contrast agent gadolinium causing some long-term effects.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.