[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Diet science, So this might be a stupid question but here it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: ladda ned (1).jpg (6KB, 246x205px) Image search: [Google]
ladda ned (1).jpg
6KB, 246x205px
Diet science,

So this might be a stupid question but here it goes,
To gain weight/muscle you need to eat in a caloric surplus with enough protein jadajada.
Building muscle is a long process but my question is basicly if you eat at a surplus for a week and then a week of deficit would you be able to keep the muscle and not gain fat or would the progress be stalled because longterm you eat at a maintenence?
Please excuse my spelling i dont speak much english..
>>
nobody knows for sure. and anything anyone tells you in this thread will be purely conjecture and bullshitting.
>>
>>38091730
AFAIK there have been no scientific studies concerning this.

I've heard of people who do very short bulking and cutting cylces. Like 2 week bulk 1 week cut. No idea if it's actually effective but I don't see why it wouldn't be. Try it out for yourself and see if you get the gains you want.
>>
>>38091730
it may be possbile, i asked this exact same question in a thread a while ago and i got mixed answers.

i'll try to use logic and my knowledge as best as possbile to give you a sort of an aswer.

you won't gain muscle on week and lose fat on the next week because when you add up the calorie intakes for each week you will likely get a monthly maintenance intake. or maybe you'll get a deficit, maybe you'll get a surplus it all depends on you. but all in all it would just be a method of slowly bulking, or slowly cutting since it's pretty hard to figure out, and to stick to your monthly tdee
>>
Is 1500 calories enough? I'm 6'2 and used to weight 270 last week, I'm down to 264 from just eating less and completely cutting out all drinks but water.

I'm currently working on a meal plan, according to several websites I should cut to around 1900, but I want fast results. Is 1500 bad?
>>
>>38092385
if you are feeling satiated and not prone to binging (which you might considering how heavy you are), yeah

but don't expect much muscle by the end of it
>>
>>38092447
I don't have my gym membership yet, so I'm just trying to lose fat right now.

I'm craving so much food right now, but I think it's just cause I'm not used to it. I really want to just order a large pizza with a 2 liter coke, but I'm holding out by drinking lots of water with lemon juice.
>>
File: image.jpg (195KB, 991x1100px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
195KB, 991x1100px
>>38091730
You need to watch this DESPERATELY

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ud7CnPJcK6U

You are in and out of a "deficit" over the course of a day.

Pic related is muscle built 100% while losing weight
>>
>>38092385
I tried it in my early days but to be honest it Kinda sucks
>>
>>38092474
Will check it out in the morning, its real interesting these stuff.
>>
I'm fat as fuck, talking around 320 6'0. If I do a 1500 deficit while still lifting will i make any lean muscle mass? Or will it just be pointless. I've definitely gotten stronger since I've started, was at a 190 squat then job wanted overtime so I didnt go for about 2 months. I have more time now so I'm back at it, squat dropped to 155, but I'll get it back up.
>>
>>38092385
I was 300lbs 5'11 (king of manelts) and started at 1800 calories.

It was easy as fuck. Some days I'd go well below 1800. I'm not even working out yet and I've lost 30lbs.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.