[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

External Rotation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: lateralraise.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
lateralraise.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
I'm trying to learn how to do lateral raises correctly and am confused about the concept of external rotation. Jeff Cavalier says to externally rotate the shoulders when doing lateral raises.

When my scapulae are retracted and depressed, are my shoulders fully externally rotated? If not, how do I make sure that they are?
>>
>>38090070
>that guy who only does shoulders, biceps, chest and abs
>you

Pick both

We hate people like you, leave.
>>
>>38090080

Where the fuck did this come from?
>>
>>38090127
It came from knowing you're new as fuck to lifting. Leave.
>>
>>38090160
Being an asshole for the sake of it.
lel
I would only do that if OP isn't white

Anything should be fine, senpai
>>
What the fuck?
>>
it hurts because you're doing too much weight, just fucking do high reps with lower weight
>>
>>38090529
>it hurts
When did I say this?
>>
>>38090080
>>38090160
>>38090198
>>38090529
Neo-/fit/
>>
Lol at retard responses ITT

Thumbs up, pinkies down
And bend forward slightly to reduce the usage of front delt

But remember to rotate your arm from the shoulder, not from wrist

If you can't figure what I meant then you provably shouldn,'t do laterals
>>
>>38090685
I can do handstand pushups and walk on my hands for about 2 minutes and 11 seconds keep saying neofit though
>>
>>38090080
Bitter ss victim fatty detected
>>
>>38090985
This is what I'm trying to do, but to make sure I'm fully externally rotated, should my scapulae be down and back all the way?
>>
>>38091034
It doesn't matter how strong you are when you're also mentally handicapped.
>>
>>38090070
Stick your arm out.

Bend it into an L shape.

Put your wrist as low as you can, and your elbow as high as you can.
That is internal rotation.

Now stick your arm (to the side this time) out again.
Bend it into an L
Try to put your wrist behind your shoulder, and your elbow out in front of you, while keeping the arm out to the side.

That is external rotation.

When doing side lat raise, keep your thumb higher than your pinky finger, and your wrist higher than your elbow. This ensures sufficient external rotation.
You don't need maximal rotation, or even close

You mostly just want to avoid internal rotation
>>
>>38091139
You don't need or want to be ""fully"" externally rotated
>>
>>38090080
Side lat raises are an essential iso to literally everyone who wants strong and round shoulders.

i love ss and compound movements, but you sound like a bitter fag who got cucked by some guy with delts lmao
>>
>>38091081
Never done SS

>>38091221
Yes thats right, he had delts and cucked m e
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.