[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So i was on Stronglifts and had a 95kg squat and 105 DL, then

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: received_628518067311575.jpg (28KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
received_628518067311575.jpg
28KB, 540x960px
So i was on Stronglifts and had a 95kg squat and 105 DL, then i had to quit for like a month. Now i'm building up again from 75-80% of what i used to lift. Can i use bigger increments on the squat/deadlift than the usual 2.5kg?
>>
>>38072676
The progression is really quick already. You can do whatever you want but since you are new by virtue of doing SL why don't you take this time to perfect form?
>>
>>38072676
your deadlift went down 30% in one month??? wtf???

to answer your question: yeah do it but slow down again once you get close to your pr's again
>>
>>38072690
I don't see the point of practicing form. If we stretch that logic, then i might aswell squat 30kg to practice form. I mean, 95 is not a lot, but i didn't get there by accident
>>
>>38072720
I could lift more but i followed the guideline that DL should be about the same as the squat
>>
>>38072676
How could your lifts drop that much?
When I couldn't lift for a month my setback was negligable
>>
>>38074170
Guess how much the app suggested me to drop to: 50 fucking percent. What were your stats and how much did you drop?
>>
>>38074184
I don't put a dates on my spreadsheets so can't really tell you senpai
Was also on different set and reps scheme so that might be a factor as well
But yeah, I'd try to use bigger increments as well
>>
>>38072676
What app is this!
>>
>>38075316
Stronglifts 5x5
>>
>>38073953
nope thats retarded
>>
stronglifts tries to treat you like a baby

start at whatever amount lets you complete work sets without failure and begin from there
>>
>>38075438
Really? I thought strong lift was just a meme for beginners? Nothing beats a proper bro split surely?
>>
>>38075629
It really fuckin does. Why is it 5x5 and not 3x5? From Googling, most claim it's to practice form or volume purposes. Why the fuck would you need that much form practice? And who wants volume in their legs?
>>
>>38075655
Stronglifts is not a meme but it really holds your hand. Why the fuck add only 2.5kg in first workouts? Squatting with 1.25 plates on each side, 5 fucking sets
>>
>>38075667
Form over all else. You can get injured if you have shit form, and you'll lift more if you have better form.
>>
>>38073953
Wtf does SL actually say this? Your deadlift should be significantly higher than your squat
>>
>>38075706
Form is key, no doubt. But why continue with 5x5? 95kg is not impressive, but i didn't get there by accident
>>
File: 1401142531187.jpg (9KB, 222x216px) Image search: [Google]
1401142531187.jpg
9KB, 222x216px
>tfw just got back to lifting today after a month off and my lifts only went down by 8%
I should make it all back by the end of August easily. To be fair I did do some calisthenics while away as well
>>
>>38075926
What were your stats?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.