[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What burns more calories/fat? Weight lifting or cardio?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Screenshot_20160626-172024.png (3MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160626-172024.png
3MB, 1440x2560px
What burns more calories/fat? Weight lifting or cardio?
>>
>>38056905
i believe cardio burns faster
>>
>>38056905

Of the two, probably cardio. But neither are anywhere close to fork putdowns.
>>
>>38056905
Thats a loaded question. Both burn calories. Cardio will provide quicker burn of what you have initially. But weight lifting will build muscle which takes alot of calories to maintain on its own on top of the exercise it takes to maintain the muscle. Weight lifting will burn more on the long "run". Pun intended.
>>
If i want to lose weight fast, should I run more or lift more?
>>
>>38056905
What weighs more? Dirt or sand?
>>
File: 1450880222781.jpg (38KB, 362x346px) Image search: [Google]
1450880222781.jpg
38KB, 362x346px
Why not do both? They're both fun.
>>
>>38056905
not eating

its a complex subject;

low intensity movement uses ketones -fat-
high intensity uses sugar -glycogen-, either from the muscle glycogen, or liver glycogen.

you can manipulate the body to burn the fat from specific areas with manipulating your macros and exercise. but i would call it too much effort and unnecessary.

my recommandation is to eat at your maintenance calories, just some above your tdee, and keep the metabolism goin with high intensity short burst workouts here and then to get the metabolism goin while keepin the muscle on. and the fat will melt off by itself with time.

keep the protein high, carbs as your daily activity -130 at least for brain function-, fill the rest with fat -to keep muscle, testosterone, and fat burning going. dont eat under your tdee. never. dont eat any macro nutrition under %20 - this will keep your mitochondria burning it, and will keep you away from storing fat

questions?
>>
>>38056985
I eat one bite, put the fork down, repeat 100x reps?
>>
>>38057045
Yo fat ass
>>
>>38057158
>he protein high, carbs as your daily activity -130 at least for brain function-, fill the rest with fat -to keep muscle, testosterone, and fat burning going. dont eat under your tdee. never. dont eat any macro nutrition under %20 - this will keep your mitochondria burning it, and will keep you away from storing fat
I have a question, you say high protein, I can do that. carbs as my daily activity? and you say fill the rest with fat, what are some healthy fat foods?
btw thanks
>>
>>38057037
Both.
>>
>>38057337
Nuts, avocados.
>>
>>38057387
Friggin hate avocados, I hate most veggies too, hard as hell to lose weight ~.~, any suggestions?
Also whats the best type of nuts? I'm guessing not the honey roasted peanuts :^)
>>
>>38057401
You can Google the nuts.
>>
>>38057013
>That's a loaded question

You, I like you.
>>
>>38057337
no worries

its actually more complex. lemme try to say it fast

it depends on how you got fat. i mean with eating what. mostly people get fat with carbs, which makes someone store the fat overall their body. what you shud do is to eat less of what you got the fat with. so if its carbs, your brain needs 130gr of carbs for brain functioning daily at least. when you workout, u use glycogen stores of muscles. so eat carbs before or after exercise. this is for lifting. around 70gr of carbs for a 40 mins workout will be enough. complex carbs that is. if you are skinny fat and ggot fat with eating high protein or high fat, which will make u fat around waist mostly, and u will look dry, then keep the protein %25 at off days and %35 at workout days. eat complex carbs instead of earlier protein consumption.
rest with fats, yes. so body will keep its fat burning hormones goin. cuz, if u dont eat a macro, it will just get used to not burning it, and will store other macros as fat. cuz fat is not coming.
about types of fat, if you are active, cholestrol will be good for you. so, saturated fats shud be first choice. if inactive, cholestrol will damage your veins, so omega 3 fats are best. google omega 3 fats and eat em. dont get into eating nuts too much. they contain omega 6. not so good.
>>
>>38057387
Cheese is GOAT.

Half protein half fat.
Tasty
Has sat fats for good test
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.