[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

fatass here, I have been wanting to go to the gym lately but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

fatass here, I have been wanting to go to the gym lately but I keep thinking people will look at me funny and I'm too scared to go.

does anyone actually care what some guy is doing at the gym or am I safe

I just wanna look like a Greek demigod and be healthy
>>
Just go bro nobody cares. Way I see it you're already better than half of america if not more just by stepping foot in that bitch but you can't quit and bitch out or I'll fkn rek u m8
>>
No and if the way people might look at you at a gym is what is preventing you from trying to lose weight, you're not gonna make it. Just don't give a fuck and pursue your dreams anon.
>>
>>38055447
People are looking at you funny because you're NOT going. Accept the fact that you're not going to be the strongest in the gym your first day. Or your 180th day. Or your 365th day. The point is that you're there. And that's a respectable thing no one will look down on you for.
>>
Ya just go man nobody will look at you funny. Everyone is there to better themselves you're no better or worse.
>>
>>38055447
6'3 , 320. I go to the gym everyday , at first it's intimidating, but you get use to it. Go in the early mornings if you're that bad , hardly anyone there.
>>
>>38055447
5'11", 285 lbs here. Down from 330 lbs.

Nobody gives a shit. Seriously. They're doing them, you do you.

And guess what? Even if somebody DID look at you funny... So fucking what? After the first week you'll be feeling so much better about yourself and your progress that you won't give a flying fuck.
>>
thanks for the help
>>
>>38060999
Yeah you'll be fine man
>>
Tomorrow is my first day at the gym bros.
Should i bring my own routine?
I feel like trainers give shit advice and will
give you a machine routine.

Is it good for a beginner to do deadlifts and squats from day one on or should i listen to the trainers?
>>
>wanna look like a greek demigod
>wanna be healthy

pick one

seriously though, only advice I have is just go to the gym, that's what worked for me when I started almost a month ago, time flies, make use of it and quit making excuses - time won't stop for you or for anyone.
>>
>>38061130
you can do a 'normie routine' with machines if you want
but I would encourage you to learn the barbell lifts (squats, bench press, deadlift, rows, overhead press, etc) eventually
but machines are fine if you just want to get started while you're learning
if you want detailed instructions, then get a pdf of Starting Strength
otherwise, just find YouTube videos of how to perform the lifts
just practice with the bar, add weight if you get it correct

then pick a routine
I recommend StrongLifts5x5, but there are many good ones out there
the sticky lists a few
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.