[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How high can you ramp up your calories when bulking? At which

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: lee priest bulk.jpg (25KB, 450x254px) Image search: [Google]
lee priest bulk.jpg
25KB, 450x254px
How high can you ramp up your calories when bulking? At which point do excess calories stop giving you any further muscle building benefits?
>>
>>38054262
Considering most people gain fat on just a 500 calorie surplus, not very high.
>>
>>38054392

I dont care if I gain some fat in the process.
>>
You build muscle pretty slowly so people generally aim for a 300-500 cal surplus. Hit that and make sure you keep up your protein intake and you'll be fine.
>>
>>38054434
In that case, you might as well eat at a 1000 calorie surplus.
>>
>>38054434
500 surplus
>>
>>38054434
once you start gaining fat assuming optimal macros, you have achieved the limit for the amount of muscle you can build in a period of time
>>
File: TrapsLikeABuffalo.jpg (61KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
TrapsLikeABuffalo.jpg
61KB, 1280x720px
>>38054262
I don't have a source right now, but I've read that the maximum rate of muscle gain, naturally, is about .25 pounds of muscle per week, and the lowest amount of weight you can gain with that peak of muscle gain is .5 pounds per week, which equates to a 500 calorie surplus. Something like that. Anyway, the point is that there is a reasonable upper limit, where the rest is just fat. I gained weight too quickly on my first bulk, so a sad amount of it was just fat. Don't be like me, anon, slow and steady wins the gains.
>>
>>38054667
This.

You won't gain more muscle by eating more calories past a point. If you are getting enough protein and calories that's it.

Think of it like this. 500 kcal a day in surplus is a pound a week gained. Ideally that would be a pound of muscle. Do you think you can gain a pound of muscle a week? 4 pounds a month of muscle? If so, maybe bump up calories a bit, but only noobs and skeletons realistically gain a pound of muscle a week. Most lifters with some experience are lucky to gain 12 lbs a year, one pound a month. Eating 1000 kcal a day extra won't improve that, you'll just also gain 7 lbs of fat per month too.

This assumes you're natty. guys on roids can gain freakish amounts of muscle in a cycle. The principle is the same though. Eating more calories than necessary for the muscle you will gain just mans more fat gain.
>>
>>38054809

But more carbs=more insulin=more muscle growth?
>>
most things in biology are impossible to calculate, there are too many variables to consider, but protein synthesis require energy (ATP), the more excess energy you have the better
>>
>>38054977

Yes. I am trying to find out if someone eating eg.10000kcals would build significantly more muscle than someone eating 5000kcals.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.