[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Zyprexa and Lithium

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: zyprexa.jpg (181KB, 445x356px) Image search: [Google]
zyprexa.jpg
181KB, 445x356px
Anyone have any experience lifting, and more importantly, losing weight on Zyprexa? I feel like I just can't stop gaining weight, and I feel like I'm losing my god damned mind. Will this have some negative effect on my gains?
>>
Wtf is this shit?

isn't lithium used for mental illness
>>
bumping for interest. Just got put back on Zyprexa. 15mg.
>>
>>38043499
OP is probably bipolar.

Some of us /fit/izens have mental health problems.

Check your privilege, you ableist niggerfaggot.
>>
>>38043615
it scares me that mental ill fags could be training at my gym, fuck you
>>
>>38043489

The primary side effect of olanzapine is weight gain. A lot of medications prescribed for schizophrenia and bipolar disorder have weight gain as the primary side effect, and the weight gain is usually pretty bad.

You're going to have to ask your doctor/psychiatrist about how to manage your weight while taking this stuff. Don't quit on it cold turkey... even if it's not working, talk to your doctor and taper off it (and hopefully find/try something else that works). Not all drugs will affect you the same way, so there may be an alternative that doesn't result in so much weight gain for you.
>>
>>38043499
>>38043615
>>38043622
Schizoeffective disorder, as it happens.
So, Bipolar disorder, with the small gift of hallucinations thrown in at the height of my manic cycle, or whenever the good lord decides to bless me with them.

>>38043706
The first time I started taking it, I was in high school, and gained almost 50 pounds in 8 months. Imagine, being ostracized and ridiculed for being weird and maladjusted, and then add being fat, and your entire explanation is : I'm crazy, and my weight gain is entirely based on medicine, not my fault.

Maybe that's why I'm here.
>>
>>38043840
That sucks shit. Sz-spectrum disorders suck shit.

Maybe sympathy is an inappropriate response but damn, that sucks.

They think I'm BP-I which is rough enough in and of itself with the mood swings and thought disorder.

Proud of you for lifting, though. Kinda gives me hope if my condition ends up being something worse.
>>
>>38043868
Man, lifting, and working out in general, is the shit when I'm struggling.

Manic and too much energy? Here I come, new PR.

Depressed and need a pick me up? Hello heavy bag.

Can't focus because I can't sift through the fog in my head? Guess I won't notice my legs screaming when I set the treadmill too high.

The trick is, plow through the mental pain, but don't associate it with actual physical pain. Listen to your body. You are your body, not the cancer in your mind.
>>
>>38043489
>fucking psychopath in my /fit/
Isn't it Lights Out at the mental hospital yet?
They actually let you use the internets there?
>>
>>38044796
If by mental hospital you mean this shithole of a dorm room I've spent my summer in, than no. Lights are never on.
>>
I had to take something similar for while too. Quetiapine and fluvoxamine. Put on about 35kg in about 6 months, stretch marks, chain smoking. And I think they lowered my blood pressure because every time I did something even somewhat strenuous I nearly passed out, had to lay down and would feel weak and shaky. Still wanting to lose the excess weigh though. That's why I'm here. All I can suggest is see how it goes and switch the medication up if it's not working for you.
>>
>>38043489
ZYPREXA ONLY INCREASES HUNGER

YOUR STILL THE ONE SHOVELING FOOD DOWN YOUR THROAT

WHY DO YOU MENTALLY ILL FAT FAGS BLAME EVERYTHING ON YOUR MEDS

And you think those 'meds' work? Think again lol.

Zyprexa will:
- Reduce your energy in the gym
- Give you gyno
- Increase your hunger
- Reduce your lifespan by 20 years approx

And instead of having some willpower and change yourself you choose to take it?

Time to kys I'm afraid.
>>
I had an episode of psychotic depression through my teenage years and used Zyprexa for 2 months. To manage the weight gain, my doctor gave me Topamax. I am on no antipsychotics at the moment, however I am still on Wellbutrin. It was terrible for me since I already had Body Dysmorphia (started lifting at 13) and gaining 5 pounds of fat was horrible and mentally damaging. I used Quetiapine and that worked well for me. Plus I slept like a God. Metformin is also another drug that can counter the weight gain side effects. Use whichever you can tolerate. Good luck!
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.