[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /fit/ ive decided to lose weight by cycling because i like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: $_84.jpg (27KB, 498x374px) Image search: [Google]
$_84.jpg
27KB, 498x374px
Hello /fit/ ive decided to lose weight by cycling because i like cycling. How would one go about doing this? Please be easy on /fit/ terms because im a /b/tard who just came here to ask this and wouldnt understand them
>>
Shameless self bumb
>>
>>>/n/
>>
go to your local bike shops and ask if there are any riding groups. just say you're new and are interested in the sport
>>
>>38042171
probably ride it and eat fewer calories than you normally expend in a day
>>
>>38042392
I'll do that, thanks
>>
>>38042405
How does one go about calculating that stuff im very new to this so sorry if this is an autistic question
>>
>>38042425
Honestly, the beginning of the sticky will answer so many of your questions.

Use an online calculator to figure out your daily calories. This is your maintenance number. If you want to lose weight at a healthy amount, eat 300-500 less calories than your maint. #. I count calories using the free app MyFitnessPal on my phone.
>>
>>38042507
Oi ill look into that thanks
>>
>>38042171

To lose weight, you MUST MUST MUST fix your diet, first and foremost. Any exercise you do is just a bonus. You don't even HAVE to exercise to lose weight, but you CANNOT out-exercise a shitty diet.
>>
>>38042535
weight loss is usually more about how much you eat. when im cutting down i focus on diet and my exercise is just bonus calories on the deficit because youre probably not gonna burn enough calories with just pure exercise to make up for overeating. as an example theres 124 cal in an 8 oz serving of 2% milk, thats probably more calories than you'll burn in like a 15km bike ride.
>>
>>38042732
So diet is key
Any foods i absolutely need to stay away from?
>>
>>38042779
anything calorie dense, whole milk, butter, peanut butter, etc. celery and carrots are usually a go to for me on a cut cause theyre pretty low in calories so you can eat more of them without fucking your calorie count up for the day. also i try and get more protien and fiber in the diet because they help you feel fuller longer.
>>
>>38042779
Oh and stop drinking soda all together, and if you can avoid it try and stay away from alcohol. just try and stop drinking your calories you'll start losing weight pretty quickly
>>
>>38042779
You don't need to stay away from things like peanut butter and whole milk, like the other poster suggested, just have less of it. But whole milk and PB can be good for you in the right amount.

Things to avoid: Soda, fast food, drinks with a lot of sugar in them, snacking on empty calories like chips, crackers, candy, cakes, cookies, etc.

Have more: Fresh foods! Vegetables and greens first and foremost, eggs, good cuts of chicken fish and beef, nuts, fruits, yogurt, beans, lentils, oats. Essentially, fresh cooked meals with little to no processed ingredients.
>>
>>38042865
I never understood how people like soda so i dont drink it but thanks anyway
>>
>>38042843
>>38042918
Okay, ill stop eating snacks like chips and shit like that and eat healtier
Thanks guys
>>
Competitive cyclist here.
The more days per week you spend cycling, the better. However for a beginner I think 2x per week is reasonable (but don't let that hold you back). Start with 30 minutes to 1 hour for each ride and add 30 minutes per week until you hit 2.5 hours, then add 30 minutes every 2 weeks until you reach 4 hours. Don't try to go fast, ever. Just work on riding with proper form and never stop pedalling unless you're going 70 kph and out of gears. If you need to stop to eat, drink, or pee, limit it to 5 minutes max. Eat 1 granola/energy bar every hour of riding and drink 1 700ml bottle of water. For rides <90 minutes you can get away with less, so long as you drink water when you get home.

When you reach 4 hours riding pretty much continuously you can start going fast. But you should first have a strong fitness base so that your body can handle it.

For motivation, make sure you pick routes you enjoy and are excited about. Pick a destination if possible that you want to visit. You WILL run out of motivation unless you consider this factor. Finding friends to ride with is also a big help.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.