[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Confidence

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

Does it come from the body or the mind?

Is it a mood or a thought?
>>
>>38041613
From both. It is the sum of your mind's evaluated self-worth and its need to appease others. The more worth and less need to please, the more confident, generally speaking. They say the best way to gain confidence in a crowded room is so assume every person in that room already likes you. This means everyone can be treated as someone who already approves of you and thinks highly of you, thus you have no need to worry if you can appease them to win them over, or worry if they like you or not. It's a state of mind thinking "I am me. I know where I stand and what I'm worth. They can take it or leave it."
>>
>>38041613
Why?
>>
>>38041672

>tried all my life to base my confidence in that everyone per default doesn't like you and don't give a shit about you so you don't give a shit about them in reverse

i have done it wrong all my life?
>>
Just have a big dick

If you don't you will most likely be insecure and try to compensate for it all your life
>>
>>38041613
Mind alone. Everything, literally everything in this world works this way: inside - outside
>>
File: dunning-kruger-effect.png (70KB, 2024x1432px) Image search: [Google]
dunning-kruger-effect.png
70KB, 2024x1432px
it comes from experience.
picture sort of related
>>
File: shybodybuilder.webm (650KB, 640x760px) Image search: [Google]
shybodybuilder.webm
650KB, 640x760px
Some days i feel really good. I can converse with complete strangers and crack jokes with anyone. But most days Im really quiet and cant hold a conversation to save my life like the words wont flow out my mouth easily.Doesn't help that my default expression looks like im always annoyed.
>>
>>38041613
Mind. Ever see a skinny fuck who's confident as the Emperor, because they did drama in high school or some shit? I think that confidence comes from the mind, and gets multiplied by achievements and experiences. You know how the first time you have to go to a meeting or some shit and negotiate things, feel nervous as fuck? Then next time you're a little more confident? I think that's because you have the achievement of surviving that first one under your belt, which raises your confidence. That kid who was in singing or something in high school? Still an achievement, so he still gets some confidence from it.

Back in older times, people took more stock in physical acts. Those Spartans who beat the fuck out of people from a young age? So cocky they literally created laconic humor. The knights who got recognition when they killed a fellow nobleman in battle? Some of the greatest war leaders took credit for killing enemy generals. The village kid who could lift a boulder? That kid is going places, and will probably get asked to be a blacksmith or something instead of a farm hand. We even have a legend about it. St George and the dragon? The epitome of physical acts; fighting, surviving and killing a giant monster. Kids even get named after him now (my family name is, in a twisted way, based on him).

I think /fit/ is more like our ancestors. We lift heavy shit, count it as an achievement, and draw confidence from that. You walk into the gym, squat 40 kg, then see a guy curling that? Blow to your confidence. Then in a few months you're curling some newbie's deadlifand your arms are like cannons. And you think "jeez, I'm pretty good".

This is all just my thoughts on the matter, and not backed up by any science. But I think that confidence is drawn from experiences and, most of all, achievements. Physical achievements are a big component of that, and pretty much everybody can recognize them, so confidence also comes indirectly from the body.
>>
>>38043541
Tl;dr: Do cool shit and you feel cool.
>>
having a fit body will give a boost in confidence. losing weight has made me feel better.

now that I am weight lifting, everytime I look in the mirror and get a bit closer to my goal, I get a confidence boost.
>>
i stop masturbating. It helps me with my confidence cause i over came this temptation.

I did something most people couldn't do and thats an incentive to be better.
>>
Someone in the past have posted the greatest explanation to confidence I ever read.

To paraphrase:

Confidence isn't about not giving a fuck, it's about being comfortable in any situation you find yourself in.
>>
>>38043541

this
>>
>>38041672

Well said anon
*claps*
>>
Mind, as you think you shall become.

If you improve your body and if that gives you confidence its dtill coming from your mind, your mind sculpted your body.
>>
>>38043541
This nigga knows.
>>
File: zara von ziesarnew1.jpg (68KB, 500x770px) Image search: [Google]
zara von ziesarnew1.jpg
68KB, 500x770px
I still remember a few occasions where i, skinnyfat soft and weak as fuck, invaded a chad group circle.
One time i chatted them, the other i thought i had lost something and made them get up and look for it lel.

It's amazing where a solid voice tone and confident demeanor can take you. It's like an rpg charm or something.
A good body doesn't even come close
>>
File: 1424979746003.jpg (23KB, 250x284px) Image search: [Google]
1424979746003.jpg
23KB, 250x284px
>>38041613
>be confident and motivated to make a difference in my head at home
>see at cute girl in real life and all my confidence disappears and I get depressed
>>
>>38041613
Study body language and mindset<Danger and Play dot com>
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.