[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats the difference in doing 2x5,1x5+ like in greyskull and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

Whats the difference in doing 2x5,1x5+ like in greyskull and sl/ss 5x5 for a novice ?
>>
>>38035805
Bump, this is relevant to my interests.
>>
>>38035815

I would also like to bump as this is also relevant to my interests.
>>
>>38035805
>>38035815

It's probably just because it's easier to progress with 2x5, 1x5+

at least I would say so, 5x5 deadlifts is very taxing if you're doing 100% of your 5rep max eac time.
>>
>>38035842
Thanks m8.
>>
>>38035842
Deadlifts are 1x5 on SS/SL but thanks for the info bruv
>>
File: 1338027423462.jpg (208KB, 543x468px) Image search: [Google]
1338027423462.jpg
208KB, 543x468px
>>38035805
It's just a different amount of volume.
Greyskull > SL/SS if you're looking for both size & strength gains since it provides accessory lifts. You can can strength & size with SL/SS, but certain body parts will lag behind if you're going for overall aesthetics.
>>
>>38035880
Holyshit yeah idk what i was thinking

>5x5 Diddlies

kill me now
>>
SS/SL/GS are all pretty similar in their outcomes - get stronger as fast as you can adapt.

Pick a beginner program, run out your linear progression, then worry about where you want to go.
>>
>>38035906
false. strength and size comes from progress over time, and SS is better than GS for that as it gives both faster and more long term progress. it doesn't matter how many accessory lifts you do if your main lifts are stalling. plus there's no reason to do accessory lifts as a beginner anyway. SS lets you run through the novice phase faster than basically any other routine, and the intermediate phase is where you want to start adding accessories.
>>
>>38035805
>Whats the difference in doing 2x5,1x5+ like in greyskull and sl/ss 5x5 for a novice ?
for a beginner doing 1x5+ means grinding out reps with shit form. pushing your limits is both unnecessary and counterproductive as a beginner. it's unnecessary because very little stress is needed to cause an adaptation at that point, and it can be counterproductive because you don't want to do reps you can barely complete before your form is solid. it's always ugly to see novices grind out reps.

also, after a couple of months of training on SS you won't have much left in the tank after the 5 reps anyway. even if you do you there's no reason to grind them out because you've already set your PR and should save your strength for the next workout.
>>
>>38035991
As someone who did ss when i started lifting, and greyskull a couple of years later after a long injury break, i can attest the 1x5+ is autistic reddit shit
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.