[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Training

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

File: Andy.jpg (8KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
Andy.jpg
8KB, 275x183px
Can someone write me a exercise plan That would get me prepared for a militarys special forces unit? Special air service in particular.
>>
>>38031704
how much time do you have
>>
Just run, do push-ups/sit-ups, and general exercise. Get a good healthy base going and they'll do the rest. You'll want to have good cardio so you don't die when they whip you in to shape.
>>
10 years
>>
run with boots and a weighted backpack

also weighted bodyweight stuff
>>
>I trained over Christmas in 2002, utilising a three-month training program of two sessions a day, except Sundays, that included a lot of pack marching, weighted webbing runs and circuits.
>While my family were enjoying a festive Christmas lunch, I was out the back of Holsworthy Barracks [in Sydney] pushing out a 10-hour pack march carrying the standard 35kg through sandstone gorges in 40°C heat. After nine hours, I was so low on water, I walked to the nearby highway and rang my wife to bring me some, as we lived only about 20 minutes away. She arrived to find me pretty shattered. She said I should just get in the car, but the whole point was to complete every activity in its entirety, because then you don’t have any excuses on the day, so I just took the water and walked the last hour.
>I did a lot of training days like that back to back for three months, always completing everything on the program. In the end, it prepared me more mentally than physically. Everyone who is selected has a story like this and it’s because we all share the same mindset: no excuses.

http://www.mensfitnessmagazine.com.au/2012/06/fit-to-fight/
>>
Hiking with a 50 pound pack for 20 miles, 5 minute stop every hour. Try to finish in less than 4 hours.
>>
>>38031704
See Stew Smith's programs. They're designed specifically to help people do these kinds of things.
>>
Gotta be able to:
Run 8 miles comfortably at a decent pace (not dying at the end)
100 push ups nonstop with good form
300 bodyweight squats nonstop with good form
Hike 15 miles at a fast pace with a minimum of 20 pounds on your back
Swim 1000 meters nonstop
20 pull ups without dropping from bar
Run 3 miles at a comfortable pace without any food (don't eat breakfast or lunch, then in the afternoon go for the run. Stay hydrated throughout the day. This is a test of how well you manage hunger, not a workout so only do once every 2 months and record results, eat normal after the run)

Get to where you can do all that and you should be good. Don't rely on supplements too much because you won't always have access to those.
>>
>>38032284
Shouldnt he focus on marksmanship, military tactics and the like ?

He's trying to join the army, not do an ironman.
>>
>>38032359
He asked for fitness not military tactics.
For marksmanship just go ask /k/ because I don't know shit about guns.
>>
>>38031704
Don't need a workout plan, just have an ingrained hate for liberals and Irish. You'll be fine.
>>
>>38032359
no.

every single army will tell you this. if you don't know how to shoot, do not get lessons prior to enlisting. they will teach you everything you need to know. I know for the SASR here in Australia, you need to be enlisted for 3 years before you can even be considered as an applicant. you're going to learn everything you need minus maybe one or two optional things which make everything easier such as advanced navigation etc.
>>
>>38032396
>>>38032359
>no.
>every single army will tell you this. if you don't know how to shoot, do not get lessons prior to enlisting. they will teach you everything you need to know.
This. Some of the people back in bootcamp with me who did best on the range had never touched a gun before. And one guy who'd been shooting his dads hunting rifle since he was 11 and bragged how good he was barely qualified on the range.

They'll teach him what he needs to know, he just has to get a body good enough for them to train.
>>
I plan to do the selection course after I have been in the army for a few year, so i would already learnt basic navigation, firearms skills etc and would be already considerably fit. I would like to know how to run on minimal food and sleep, how i could train myself slowly to do it and still keep focused in the process.
>>
>>38031704
Isnt this why they have bootcamp
>>
my friend is in the air force and he says that boot camp, basic training, and routine fitness tests (mile run, push ups, crunches) are all he has had to go through. wouldn't stress myself out too much but i hear basic training is a bitch.

just make sure you are packing some endurance i guess
>>
>>38031704
Google 'MARSOC Assessment & Selection Preparation Guide".

It's a 10-Week, Mon-Sat, full rep-by-rep walk through training program that focuses on endurance training (Run, Ruck, and Swim) and Calisthenics (HIIT) that the USMC developed for potential MARSOC recruits.

It has full warmup/cooldown circuits, stretching guides, and foam rolling tips.

Get the .pdf, shell out the ~30 bucks to print/bind it at FedEx, and just buckle in for two months while you check off every rep and grind out every movement card.

If you're really into getting military-fit, it's one of the most foolproof-straightforward ways of getting there.
>>
>>38031704
Sure buddy, just do a lot of cardio and bodyweight exercises. Also, you gotta eat a lot, and I really mean it.

For more in depth tips look for Mike Chang's YT channel, hes the real deal.
>>
>>38033223
>have a flick through the guide
>part of the book emphasises the importance of sleep in it all
>guy who wrote it probably laughing as he wrote it knowing these poor bastards won't sleep at all in selection
>>
>>38031704
You have to be in amazing shape obviously, but the vast majority of it is about you overcoming your mental obstacles and if you do pass the physical stuff and do get over mentally you still have to pass their psychological evaluation.

May I ask why you want to go this route in the military?
>>
I've talked to a lot of Force Recon, PJ's, SEAL's, and some SF.

They've all said this same shit, in this order:

>Cardio
>Calisthetics
>Cardio
>Cross fit
>CARDIO

They all stressed cardio pretty hard. Oh, and cardio.
>>
>>38033343
i don't know about crossfit, i've heard some branches don't like operators doing it at all due to high injury rates. but yeah, all i've ever heard is basically do cardio, a bit of strength and then more cardio
>>
>>38032284
Can you send me a link to this?
>>
>>38033343

To add on, they HEAVILY stressed that no matter how much training you do, no matter how fucking fit you get, it doesn't mean a god damn thing.

They all said if you have self doubt now, you won't cut it ever. If you don't have a "warrior's heart" you will never make it.

Also don't EVER self teach yourself how to shoot or get lessons. They teach you that crap.

They all said some sort of variant of this in different ways.

Still can't fucking believe they are serious about cross-fit. I still believe they were memeing me and only telling me to do that as a subtle "go fuck yourself".
>>
>>38033327
I'm not sure, maybe my mind will change in the future.
>>
>>38033389
you will never make it with that attitude m8
>>
>>38031704
Why are any of you cunts giving this lazy piece of shit actual advice?

Hey op, I'm pretty sure I know who shot you down already with your questions but if you can't think for yourself even as far as to find your own training without it being spoofed to you, you're not going anywhere near an SF unit in any capacity.

How about you get off your lazy milennial arse and fucking think for yourself.
>>
>>38033416
I had already got in mind what i needed to do in order to prepare, i was really asking for advice form people who have been in the military.
There is no need for you to be upset.
>>
>>38033379
I made it up based on what I see the grunts doing on a regular basis. If you can do all this then as far as fitness goes you're definitely good.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.